Does anyone even use the 3D match engine?

Mostly 3D, elevated view. I agree it's very good considering it's the first version. Graphics are fine for me, I would much rather SI work on improving other areas of the game rather than graphics as it's not important for a football management game

i use 3d all the time. except for friendlies when i have commentary only. i dont believe in going back to 2d now when i'm so engrossed in my little players running around and celebrating with arms out like an airplane

3D TV view.

Running on a widescreen LCD with lots of widgets (Opposition formation (behind team motivation using the transparency to good effect), radar, team motivation and rating, Assman analysis,match stats I may have missed some...oh, live updates).

I find it easier to catch player orientation in 3D, plus as they improve the amount of animations and fluency between them it'll get better and better. The radar is perfect for the tactical overview of overall player positioning.

3d always for me. I'm not fussed about the graphics as long as what it represents is good, and the FM match engine is way ahead of any other 3d engine I've seen.

In what aspect is it way ahead of... ? In its genre there's only FIFA to compare with, and it kind of beats FM in that aspect.

In general 3D it's horrible.

In what aspect is it way ahead of... ? In its genre there's only FIFA to compare with, and it kind of beats FM in that aspect.

In general 3D it's horrible.

Its not so much about how it looks, its what the graphics represent underneath and in that respect its light years ahead of FIFA.

man, as soon as I started playing after installing the 3rd patch, the 3d match engine has stuffed up. In my right fullback spot when defending, there used to be a decent red square in that spot, totally put me off watching any games in 3d, it has since just recently (this week) changed from red to light grey, which is a fair improvement but still a big turnoff.

Has this happened to anyone else since installing the 3rd patch ?

I only bought FM cause of the 3D engine. I have always been a big fan of the series and have even been a tester in the past, but I was so over seeing blobs and commentary so I basically stopped playing with FM05.

I mean its just a tad too backwards to keep marching on with text. As soon as I heard FM had a 3D match engine, I put my trust into SI giving us a decent visual display.

Its far from perfect but its a good start.

On the Demo i thought how could they possibly think 3D was great, after years of 2D i was quite relucant to change, however that was the demo not the full game, and when the game actually came out it grew on me and i use it 99% of the time and sometimes reminising about the past and 2D, but i really like the simplicity of it, however the only downpoint of it is it always starts in TV mode, but it only takes a click of a button to solve that little problem so i'm not too fussed

I use 3D, its much better than I thought it would be.

Given its a first attempt, its a great start - remember how dodgy 2D was on its introduction.

Hopefully in future we will see more things like players coming out of the tunnel, proper stadiums with banners and stuff, goal celebrations, trophy presentations, pitch invasions on winning/avoiding relegation, laps of honour etc.

If we had 07's vastly superior ME, then I'd watch in 2D. But the passes don't look right in this year's 2D representation, probably because it's built for smaller dots than the ones we see. Therefore, I watch in 3D.

I only ever use, game speed on quickest, no replays, only commentary and put it on the overview, so i dont use 2d or 3d, anything else i find too slow!

I dont see the point in watching the matches, unless you want to tweak your tactics, sometimes maybe in friendlies, otherwise i find it takes way too long to complete a season, it gets boring.

The vast vast majority of people will use 3d.

I do and think it is a great asset to the overall view of the game.

2D was fine in it's time but the 3D allows you to actually make comments on potentially dodgy decisions. It also allows you my opinion, to watch your players more closely and I love the assman feedback which I genrerally find helpful and have it on the screen re ready for drop down every 15mins or so. The 3d gives me the opportuniy to readily identify players and watch their moves and adjust accordingly.

So for me a big thumbs up.

K..:)

3D every match except friendlies, which I do in commentary only. I get a much better feel for my squad, and the way I can decide for myself whether that foul was a penalty or not, or is that guy standing there doing nothing or lying on the floor, is priceless.

I've decided for myself that stuttering can be influanced by skin choice. I was using Myskin, a conglomeration of various skins edited to my personal liking, and would get a fair amount of stuttering after about 60 minutes or so. Sometimes it got so bad I'd have to switch out of TV mode into Classic (which was smooth-as-silk) and back after a bit. That would clear it up for a while...only a while... But, when Klasa came out, I switched to it, and have almost no stuttering at all...

Even though it's jerky with my graphics card, I always use 3D and wouldn't contemplate going back. I'm sure it will have evolved further in FM10 but for it's first incarnation I'm delighted.

It's like this guys, I'm living in a 3rd world country where AFAIK I'm the only damned player of this fine game. Some of you guys are used to the latest whizzy graphics of PS3 and other console games. I don't have the luxury. You compare FM09 to FIFA etc like you a city yuppie compares his 6-figure salary to someone's 7-figure salary. I accept (If disagree) with the critics who see FM09 as inferior to FM08 or FM07, but comparing the 3D engine to others is daft. I feel priviledged to get so much joy out of FM09 and in particular the greatest innovation, the 3D engine whilst looking forward with excitement to FM10. It's all in the expectations.

Archived