Winter Patch Speculation Thread

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Can't be too far... that lqa test is only updated when a patch is imminent

I hope you're right  but people were sure that the update would be out on Tuesday or Wednesday, due to the tests that had been done 

Just now, SaintPaul said:

I hope you're right  but people were sure that the update would be out on Tuesday or Wednesday, due to the tests that had been done 

Yeah but first lqa was tuesday... and it has been reported that we had updates the same day lqa was also updated...

Really hopeful for later today

While I am very much hoping it will be released today,  I can also see the logic in "might as well wait til after Turkish window closes."   

This is me lowering my expectations so I wont be disappointed if (when?) it doesn't release today.  It's not working...but I'm trying damnit! I'm trying!"

Edited by DominicForza
typo

I wouldn't mind to wait one or even two more weeks if that means there will be just one big and final update, as I don't like to start my long term saves before the very final patch anyway. What I fear most is that we will get the first update only next week and, as a reason, the final one will be delayed to, let's say, April :( 

3 minutes ago, gggfunk said:

I wouldn't mind to wait one or even two more weeks if that means there will be just one big and final update, as I don't like to start my long term saves before the very final patch anyway. What I fear most is that we will get the first update only next week and, as a reason, the final one will be delayed to, let's say, April :( 

Which just inconveniences all of the people who either:

- Aren't bothered about database updates as they start the game as it was at the time
- People who aren't bothered about 2-3 leagues still with windows open

- People who just want a patch for gameplay issues

And also lessens the window in which people can test for gameplay/first update db changes for any issues.

If an update is released today with gameplay fixes and an initial db update for closed windows... that doesn't force you into playing it. You can still wait another 2/3 weeks for the additional final tiny update before starting your save without impacting on others :D

il y a 4 minutes, gggfunk a dit :

Well for what I consider « minor » and because i don’t play at all with the countries we’re waiting for

I would be more than happy if at least for the main update it will drop really soon 

It’s already « late » for the standard we had for the previous versions 

1 minute ago, Domoboy23 said:

Which just inconveniences all of the people who either:

- Aren't bothered about database updates as they start the game as it was at the time
- People who aren't bothered about 2-3 leagues still with windows open

- People who just want a patch for gameplay issues

And also lessens the window in which people can test for gameplay/first update db changes for any issues.

If an update is released today with gameplay fixes and an initial db update for closed windows... that doesn't force you into playing it. You can still wait another 2/3 weeks for the additional final tiny update before starting your save without impacting on others :D

of course, and believe me I would love to see the release today! :) 

21 minutes ago, gggfunk said:

What countries transfer windows are you waiting on closing?

1 minute ago, Gee_Simpson said:

What countries transfer windows are you waiting on closing?

None really, but as far as I know the real name fix must be installed again after each time the game is updated, if not done than some club names go back to not official. This is the mainly reason I want to start my long term saves only after the game is fully patched.

3 minutes ago, gggfunk said:

None really, but as far as I know the real name fix must be installed again after each time the game is updated, if not done than some club names go back to not official. This is the mainly reason I want to start my long term saves only after the game is fully patched.

If I'm not wrong you don't need to start a new save for real name fix.

Edited by Caletti

27 minutes ago, Major Raver said:

Just popped around to Neil's pad to see if he is back from his world cruise and ask him, and decided against knocking the door! :stop:

DpQAvT5XcAEj8qQ-1.jpg

Please remove that pedofile from this post 

59 minuti fa, DominicForza ha scritto:

While I am very much hoping it will be released today,  I can also see the logic in "might as well wait til after Turkish window closes."   

This is me lowering my expectations so I wont be disappointed if (when?) it doesn't release today.  It's not working...but I'm trying damnit! I'm trying!"

Seriously who the hell cares about Turkish league. I want a fixed game and that's it. Release it fast

il y a 14 minutes, Gee_Simpson a dit :

Turkish window has been closed since February 18th, and you can just apply the real name fix again after an update, most of it applies to current saves.

I checked, Russia and Argentina are closed from February 22nd, Poland and China February 28th

The thing is that after the end of the transfer windows, you need to run several tests to make sure the teams are still balanced etc

Edited by nico_france

5 dakika önce, Gee_Simpson said:

Turkish window has been closed since February 18th, and you can just apply the real name fix again after an update, most of it applies to current saves.

No. Due to the earthquake disaster, the end date of the transfer season was extended to March 7. But i don't think this is the reason of delay compared to last years.

28 dakika önce, abcdf said:

Seriously who the hell cares about Turkish league. I want a fixed game and that's it. Release it fast

You have 0 awareness about the game you are playing. Turkey has one of the biggest FM communities.

Not everyone wants to play with giants. Even Romanian Second League is important.

56 minutes ago, Caletti said:

If I'm not wrong you don't need to start a new save for real name fix.

Competition names you don't have to but club names you do... the files you replace are over-written on each update.

So if you don't change it before a new save then you're stuck with the made up names etc...

21 minutes ago, pukki98 said:

You have 0 awareness about the game you are playing. Turkey has one of the biggest FM communities.

Not everyone wants to play with giants. Even Romanian Second League is important.

Yes every league is important but that didn’t stop them releasing patch before end of February transfer window in Poland last year. 

Edited by campos08

22 minutes ago, pukki98 said:

Of course every league is important.

But releasing an update now, with gameplay fixes and windows closed from January means that people who aren't either bothered about transfer updates in general, transfer updates in those leagues, or people who already have long-term saves and simply want gameplay fixes means they can play and enjoy.

Then the people who only want to play with the final and full transfer update... guess what? They can wait for the final update. 

Option A) Release an update now with a final one to follow, allowing the vast majoroty who want to play with this to do so. People who want to start after the final update wait 2/3 weeks for that then play themselves.

Option B) Don't release an update now and make everyone wait for one or two leagues to be updated in 2/3 weeks time and make EVERYONE wait. lol

Releasing an update now does not mean you have to start a save now. If you wanna wait and would ''prefer one BIG update all together'' just wait for the update to follow it.

If I'm not mistaken, we know from SteamDB that they made a change to the match engine (dev-match-ai) a week ago, since then they have had multiple new test builds of the game every day. The match engine is extremely complex, with a ton of tiny things that can go hilariously wrong. Given those circumstances, I'm not sure how some people arrive at the idea the devs are done and S.I. is just waiting for a specific Transfer Window or that New Gen competition. They are quite literally working on the core functionality of the game. 

13 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

Well Neil is on vacation and coming back next week so of course it will be next week

Yeah I'm sure no-one else is able to write patch notes and create a thread on this forum. :D

Edited by Domoboy23

3 minutes ago, Swaban said:

its honestly poor that a company the size of SI cant give people an idea as to when a patch will drop given it has been over a month since the transfer window closed. 

Is there a particular line in the sand with regards to size of company that turns a terrible idea of giving an indication into something they probably don't know themselves, or is it just random based on how irate someone is?