England vs Senegal, Round of 16. 7PM GMT, Al Bayt Stadium

Darius1998

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Haguey said:

Add Senegal to the list of teams that are absolute trash now we've played (and potentially beaten) them.

Let's be honest, this Senegal side beats Roy Hodgson's England in 90 mins and Capello's on penalties after 120 mins of 0-0 :D 

7 minutes ago, Mr Adam said:

I’ve been so impressed with Kane tonight. He’s an end product machine 

He's actually had a much better World Cup than the last one he scored all those goals in. Linkup play's been top notch

Would have given him a rest at 3-0 though, especially with Senegal now playing the sort of defensive line Rashford dreams about

6 minutes ago, Mr Adam said:

In Southgate’s two World Cups we have scored the same number of goals as the five world cups before then.

2 minutes ago, Mr Adam said:

23% of England World Cup goals ever have come under Southgate’s two tournaments 

BoRiG EnGlAnD

(but seriously, it's only because we haven't faced such luminaries as Romania, Costa Rica and Trinidad and Tobago like we usually do)

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Platinum said:

You mean at Premier League leaders Arsenal?

That would also be acceptable :D 

Just now, Citizen Kane said:

Feel for maddison could have offered something, won't see a game unless 3rd place (ifthat still a thing)

Yes, there's still a 3rd-place play-off at the World Cup.

We don't need to worry about that, though. If we can beat France in the Quarters, we can beat anyone in the Semis. ;)

3 minutes ago, pearcey_90 said:

Don’t know if it’s just me, but this game it’s felt like Walker hasn’t had full pace. Just seems to be 10% down on what we’re used to.

Takes longer to come back when you’re old. 90  minutes will have done him good.

Just now, CFuller said:

Yes, there's still a 3rd-place play-off at the World Cup.

We don't need to worry about that, though. If we can beat France in the Quarters, we can beat anyone in the Semis. ;)

Not really sure that needs a wink. It would be true really given France are probably the best team left in it

I don’t want to keep ******** on him but I’d love to have been in the meeting at ITV Sport where they decided Matterface and Dixon was the creme de la creme when they have / had Sir Clive, Peter Drury, Ally McCoist, Gary Neville etc under contract 

I don’t want to keep ******** on him but I’d love to have been in the meeting at ITV Sport where they decided Matterface and Dixon was the creme de la creme when they have / had Sir Clive, Peter Drury, Ally McCoist, Gary Neville etc under contract 

I'd rather have Ant and Dec than Matterface and Dixon 

6 minutes ago, XuluBak said:

Ref did, in fact, bring his cards. About the only thing that was still in question. 

I did laugh when they brought up the statistic that England hadn't received a single yellow card and I'm thinking well we should have had at least two today...

• Administrators
Just now, Heartwork said:

San Marino is making more of a point cos they can't even go to the worst Caribbean teams and get a win

Well, you’d know, I guess. 

I’d rather not have Gary on Comms for the England games. Hear him enough on Sky. Any of the others would be fine.