How do I...

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all! I was trying to edit the information columns in the shorlist, but could not find how to add one specific info in FM24. So...

How do I add the "Scout Rating" in the Scouting sections like "Shortlist" or "Players Scouted"? I play with the defect skin and tried to reinstall the game, but I can't find how to add this column, when in older versions it was easy to find and add it.

Edited by Arnnau

How do I effectively unsettle a target?

I'm aware of the mechanics that exist but....

Is there a method / order / timing?

Whenever I try I just end up increasing the required fee. 

Edited by whatsupdoc

9 hours ago, steve.battisti said:

Is there a way to change set piece takers, apart from penalties? For example, I have a guy with 19 long throw, but every time I get an attacking third throw in, my guy with 11 long throw takes it. 

Yes, if you have choose Long Throw routine. If you choose Work Into Box, not.

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.bfdaa94301b70f342ce97bbd9c9b286f.png

1 minute ago, asdfasdfsdfsaddt said:

In FM2020 there was a menu where you could see your interaction history with a player, the last time you talked with them and the topic of that discussion etc.

I can't find it in FM2024. Has it been (re)moved?

Unfortunately it was removed a couple of years ago ... a definite detrimental action.

Ok this has been bugging me for a few versions and not sure when it changed fully.
I keep missing out on competition latest results and have to actively look for them. In previous versions during a major tournament for example you'd see the main competition page whilst it was ongoing. Then every progress would give the latest result on that competition. Now, unless your team is competing you see nothing unless you go looking for it. And when you get knocked out you see nothing also, infuriating.
Is there any way to force the game to bring you to the competition page of all major comps or better still those you choose? I'm trying to use bookmarks with SAS skin but its not the same, I still have to click the link each time i progress the game.
Also I hate social feed so please don't suggest that, cheers!

1 hour ago, Ste said:

Ok this has been bugging me for a few versions and not sure when it changed fully.
I keep missing out on competition latest results and have to actively look for them. In previous versions during a major tournament for example you'd see the main competition page whilst it was ongoing. Then every progress would give the latest result on that competition. Now, unless your team is competing you see nothing unless you go looking for it. And when you get knocked out you see nothing also, infuriating.
Is there any way to force the game to bring you to the competition page of all major comps or better still those you choose? I'm trying to use bookmarks with SAS skin but its not the same, I still have to click the link each time i progress the game.
Also I hate social feed so please don't suggest that, cheers!

Preferences > Screenflow

On 18/01/2024 at 20:42, fc.cadoni said:

Preferences > Screenflow

Amazing, thank you! So much more immersive now. Most of the major comps should be on by default imo.

So in the previous versions of FM, I've always been able to see and apply to the youth international jobs. For some reason in my current save in FM24 the only international jobs that show up in the Job Security screen are the senior teams; spot checking some of the youth spots it seems like none of them have been sacked yet (I'm 5 years in). Is there something you need to do to enable them or is something just acting up in my save?

More of a "why do I" - why do I have these huge areas of unsold seats in Champions League? Are they unseated and not allowed? And how to I get them upgraded? Is it a request for a larger stadium or a new stadium?

image.thumb.png.de10db8678e3c4a8093734975a4aac3a.png

The set piece thing is ****ing ****. Please can someone explain why when I chose a player, like Leao to be counter attack he still ends up in the wall. And I dont get how it changes so randomly. Im frustrated by this crap

How do I:

Pretty sure I saw this in a YT video a while back.  I have a player in on loan.  Part of the loan agreement (that I could not get removed in negotiations) is to play in a specific role.  In this case center back as a central defender.  My tactic calls for a BPD.  So, how can I set a command to play that specific player as a CD even if my tactic calls for a BPD?

On 28/01/2024 at 16:43, Ragin Cajun said:

How do I:

Pretty sure I saw this in a YT video a while back.  I have a player in on loan.  Part of the loan agreement (that I could not get removed in negotiations) is to play in a specific role.  In this case center back as a central defender.  My tactic calls for a BPD.  So, how can I set a command to play that specific player as a CD even if my tactic calls for a BPD?

Go to Tactics>>Player then click on each of the two central defender spots. The player in question should be showing under each of the spots. Click on his name in both positions and give him a personalised instruction to play as a CD.

On 26/01/2024 at 02:22, Bahnzo said:

More of a "why do I" - why do I have these huge areas of unsold seats in Champions League? Are they unseated and not allowed? And how to I get them upgraded? Is it a request for a larger stadium or a new stadium?

image.thumb.png.de10db8678e3c4a8093734975a4aac3a.png

That'll be terracing, that you can't use in UEFA competitions. You'd need to request a stadium upgrade in the normal way and hope they chose a terrace conversion

On 04/02/2024 at 13:40, Scotty Walds said:

That'll be terracing, that you can't use in UEFA competitions. You'd need to request a stadium upgrade in the normal way and hope they chose a terrace conversion

Thanks, I thought that was the reason. Good to know for sure. My board is going to build a  new stadium, I'll have to hope it'll be an all-seated one. 

Hello! Tell me, please, can I download somewhere the official databases of all players of all parts of FM with complete information on players in CSV or EXCEL formats? I will be very grateful!

On 07/02/2024 at 07:51, nubobob said:
Hello! Tell me, please, can I download somewhere the official databases of all players of all parts of FM with complete information on players in CSV or EXCEL formats? I will be very grateful!

Do you think you'd get that for free? 🤣

On 01/02/2024 at 11:07, Hovis Dexter said:

Go to Tactics>>Player then click on each of the two central defender spots. The player in question should be showing under each of the spots. Click on his name in both positions and give him a personalised instruction to play as a CD.

Awesome, thanks

Having issues with loans that I don't recall in prior versions.  I have my Youth Director and Loan Director set to find loans for players listed for loan.  I am seeing a lot of rejections, very high percentage.  Then out of nowhere I'll get one for me to confirm or approve even though I don't have responsibilities for me to do that.  Any help figuring out what they are (or are not) doing?

How do I push more players forward into the box for set pieces. I seem to only attack corners with 4/5 players and there doesn’t appear to be a way to change or alter that. Or am I missing something? 

On 03/03/2024 at 06:40, Jackson Mourinho said:

Managing in Northern Irish Prem as Linfield

Any idea why I can't offer new signings or existing players anything longer than a contract until end of current season?

In September 

I'm playing a lower league side and I usually try to re-sign players later, in December, right before the January transfer window (in England). At least then they let me offer contracts through the following season. I don't know how long you have to wait though. I still have to re-sign all my players every year.

18 hours ago, jwchriste said:

I'm playing a lower league side and I usually try to re-sign players later, in December, right before the January transfer window (in England). At least then they let me offer contracts through the following season. I don't know how long you have to wait though. I still have to re-sign all my players every year.

This is a flaw that needs a fix. It is very inconvenient to re-sign every year. I don't like it.

15 hours ago, ZacSr said:

This is a flaw that needs a fix. It is very inconvenient to re-sign every year. I don't like it.

I don't think it's a flaw for my club - we're a semi-pro club. I would think it would be unrealistic to offer multi-year deals if they're only part-time. For some of the better players they do let me offer two year deals, but only for the top 3-4 players on the club. I'm also doing an academy save so I'm entirely dependent on the quality of youth coming through the academy. Maybe if bought better players, I'd be able to offer more 2-yr deals.

5 hours ago, jwchriste said:

I don't think it's a flaw for my club - we're a semi-pro club. I would think it would be unrealistic to offer multi-year deals if they're only part-time. For some of the better players they do let me offer two year deals, but only for the top 3-4 players on the club. I'm also doing an academy save so I'm entirely dependent on the quality of youth coming through the academy. Maybe if bought better players, I'd be able to offer more 2-yr deals.

Just for some of the better players? It's still not very convenient. I think it's up to you to decide who you offer a 2 year deal to.

14 hours ago, cedsered said:

Is there a fix for the adboard problem? Mine is stuck in FMFC ads whenever I manage in Japan. Kinda ruins the experience for me a bit.

You are asking about how to do it? 

14 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

You are asking about how to do it? 

Hi, yes, I've seen streamers managing in the J league and they have no adboard problems so I was wondering how I can fix it

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any simple way to hold a player on the B/II team out of a game so they are available to the first team, w/o taking them completely off the team? There's an option to make them unavailable for the next game, but it's hit and miss on whether it works most times. it seems the only sure fire option is to move them to the senior team and then move them back, which I'd like to avoid because I'm lazy and forgetful. :)

Would keeping them in the Senior Team and making available for the B Team work? It's a bit more management but usually it's what I do with players who are on the cusp of the first team or getting some first team action from time to time as I can leave them available and then only remove it when a gaming is coming up I want to use them in for the seniors.

Less of a how do I question, just didn’t want to start a thread for it.

If I have a B team that I want to use to develop my younger players, how should I set up my database? 
Specifically I’m going to manage in Spain, so if my B team are in the 4th tier, do I need to set that league as playable? Full match detail? Would view only suffice with all players loaded?

The 4th tier has 5 separate leagues so it would add to my load time significantly. 

1 hour ago, majorbriggs said:

Less of a how do I question, just didn’t want to start a thread for it.

If I have a B team that I want to use to develop my younger players, how should I set up my database? 
Specifically I’m going to manage in Spain, so if my B team are in the 4th tier, do I need to set that league as playable? Full match detail? Would view only suffice with all players loaded?

The 4th tier has 5 separate leagues so it would add to my load time significantly. 

I think you can control specific divisions at that level with full detail. If its a trade between game performance and running it at full detail then I'd see if you can set only the league your B Team plays in at full detail and leave the rest on the quick ME.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way to filter loans to show only ones that don't require a wage percentage?

Basically it seems almost everyone I click on who is available or interested in a loan, their club ask for a % of their wage to be paid. I am trying to not spend any money, because I've got no money.

There are potential loans out there where it says "the club requires no fee/wage to loan this player" but it seems you can only find out by individually making a loan offer for players

Edited by Mobius

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way to avoid players in u19 team playing reserve team matches? I should have control over everything. But seems my ass mgr keeps double playing them over and over so they keep getting injured. And no i wont move all 14 u19 players between A and u19 team (coaches also would get heavier training load from this?). Thanks for answer if possible?

Edited by kaffekatten

Hello,

I haven't picked up FM in a few editions and there is something that bugs me in the 24 :

How do I get updates and match results from major competitions like EURO 2024 in my inbox and the game to stop before quarter finals etc... to show me results ?

I've looked everywhere and I can't find where to manage subscriptions and the like. I'm the manager of Benfica so i should be able to receive updates from Euro 2024.

I knwo how to get to the actual competition screen and look at results but it's just not the same.

Thanks in advance

7 hours ago, Neolafifouze said:

Hello,

I haven't picked up FM in a few editions and there is something that bugs me in the 24 :

How do I get updates and match results from major competitions like EURO 2024 in my inbox and the game to stop before quarter finals etc... to show me results ?

I've looked everywhere and I can't find where to manage subscriptions and the like. I'm the manager of Benfica so i should be able to receive updates from Euro 2024.

I knwo how to get to the actual competition screen and look at results but it's just not the same.

Thanks in advance

You can choose what competitions you subscribe to. Without being in control of a team in the competition though I don't think the game will stop before each round of fixtures. 

I know there is another way to add/remove things but I do it so rarely I only usually do it through the end of season message. Hopefully someone else can clarify where that option is as having a quick poke around I couldn't find it myself.

8 hours ago, Neolafifouze said:

Hello,

Thanks in advance

You can use the "Screen Flow" screen in the preferences to set up how you want to be updated for all types of competitions. It's not as easy to understand as I would like, so you might have to try it and change it to get it as you want, but the feature is there.

I made a post about it in a thread I made a while back about under-used features of the game:

Have a look in there.

5 hours ago, XaW said:

You can use the "Screen Flow" screen in the preferences to set up how you want to be updated for all types of competitions. It's not as easy to understand as I would like, so you might have to try it and change it to get it as you want, but the feature is there.

I made a post about it in a thread I made a while back about under-used features of the game:

Have a look in there.

Thanks, I tried it and unfortunately it didn't work.
I didn't get taken to the match results even for the semi finals.

I've played a lot of FM up until FM 20 and I've never had this problem, it's pretty sad tbh.

Also how is it normal that I don't get any updates in my inbox about important matches from the Euro ? I'm 100% positive that in past editions all you had to do was to accept suggested subscriptions in between seasons but I also can't find the screen where you manage your subscriptions anymore. Did they scrap that ?
image.thumb.png.9e027ff85abbf9ee22fddf2177487e29.png

2 minutes ago, Neolafifouze said:

Thanks, I tried it and unfortunately it didn't work.
I didn't get taken to the match results even for the semi finals.

I've played a lot of FM up until FM 20 and I've never had this problem, it's pretty sad tbh.

Also how is it normal that I don't get any updates in my inbox about important matches from the Euro ? I'm 100% positive that in past editions all you had to do was to accept suggested subscriptions in between seasons but I also can't find the screen where you manage your subscriptions anymore. Did they scrap that ?
image.thumb.png.9e027ff85abbf9ee22fddf2177487e29.png

I haven't tried this for a while now, but it should be enough to set it up like this:

image.png.d084de1d57da368a41dbe378817fff6e.png

Then you should see it as you would with the league you manage in.