Major Changes for FM22 Touch and Beyond Blog

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhh...Wait a second folks: maybe I'm a bit out of the loop but isn't the Xbox edition (PC Gamepass Version), at least for us long-time FMT players who have been playing on the PC, kinda like a dream coming true? 

Streamlined just the previous FMT editions, but now, AT LONG LAST with a working pre-game editor so all the real data mods can be used in FMT too.

Edited by Lucas78

hace 19 minutos, Lucas78 dijo:

Uhh...Wait a second folks: maybe I'm a bit out of the loop but isn't the Xbox edition, at least for us long-time FMT players who have been playing on the PC, kinda like a dream coming true? 

Streamlined just the previous FMT editions, but now, AT LONG LAST with a working pre-game editor so all the real data mods can be used in FMT too.

Can you explain this further please? :eek:

Now you can finally modify stuff just like the "full fat" version of FM beside competition names or graphics.  

From being able to change "Zebre" to "Juventus" in italian serie A (yup, minor stuff like that, but still), but also having the possibility to apply lots of interesting addons, like new leagues, modifications to transfer markets and other dynamics etc.

6 hours ago, Lucas78 said:

Now you can finally modify stuff just like the "full fat" version of FM beside competition names or graphics.  

From being able to change "Zebre" to "Juventus" in italian serie A (yup, minor stuff like that, but still), but also having the possibility to apply lots of interesting addons, like new leagues, modifications to transfer markets and other dynamics etc.

Can you? I didn't think the Xbox edition had an editor, just the full version which is also on gamepass

Sigh, yeah, spoke too soon; infact, looks like we still don't have the editor for the xbox edition, beside all the hellish steps to actually have access to the game files because of the dumb microsoft permission system.

But yeah, maybe ONE DAY Sports Interactive will finally understand the importance of having the editor for the slimmed down version too and make it work, at least on the PC (yeah, cross-platform compatibility may get disabled because of console limitations and whatnot, but the important thing is letting the customer know of that limitation).

Well I finally got into the Xbox version on the iPad, and while it’s pretty similar to the Touch version, it’s nowhere near as good. 
The screen touch is patchy, often opening the team or player etc below the one you want. 
You see less data on screen, and the tactics screen in particular suffers for this. 
Despite having decent WiFi, I get frequent network connection issues. 
Won’t be able to play it when travelling either. 

In short, it’s a worse product, but for £132 per year not £20. 

So this is the end of a long history for me with SI, FM and this forum.  I’ll keep playing Touch 21 until the data gets too out of date, then that’s it. Such a shame that a fantastic product, the perfect level of detail and an interface that worked so well on tablets, has been abandoned. 

2 hours ago, Burty76 said:

Well I finally got into the Xbox version on the iPad, and while it’s pretty similar to the Touch version, it’s nowhere near as good. 
The screen touch is patchy, often opening the team or player etc below the one you want. 
You see less data on screen, and the tactics screen in particular suffers for this. 
Despite having decent WiFi, I get frequent network connection issues. 
Won’t be able to play it when travelling either. 

In short, it’s a worse product, but for £132 per year not £20. 

So this is the end of a long history for me with SI, FM and this forum.  I’ll keep playing Touch 21 until the data gets too out of date, then that’s it. Such a shame that a fantastic product, the perfect level of detail and an interface that worked so well on tablets, has been abandoned. 

Wouldn’t say it’s the end, But they really could’ve communicated it all a lot better, with regards to how to set it up and play. Plus it’s not very stable think a beta of game pass Xbox version would have been a lot better, as teething problems could’ve been sorted for full release. 

5 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

So on FM22 Xbox on PC you cannot: 
- load tactics into the game
- apply filters into the game
- load more than 10 leagues
- use customization and fixes
It also keeps crashing and moving way way more slower than FM21 Touch... Wonder if 30 seasons is still a limit?
And yet they keep saying it is going to be the same experience... Embarrassing SI, but I only blame myself for caving and buying the @#$%.

Yes, 30 seasons limit now also applies on the PC-version.

People always saying fifa buying each year is a stupid thing to do, because the improvements of last years edition is barely there.. But this years FM version is almost the same as the 21 version right? No more seasons to play, no more leagues to select just 10. I dont know why i should by this years version. I've played it on gamepass, because i still had 2 weeks left, but i think im gonna let this year past, and stick it with FM21....

I finally managed to get the game running on the I pad.. few things immediately come to mind. Yes you can enable the touch control, but they are a pain in the a..

It is difficult to do normal things, for example moving a young player from development to the first squad, after a day I am still trying to find the window to do that

dragging players on the pitch when making a sub, if a player is near the touch controls good luck with that and many times it selects the players you don't want.

adjusting the camera's zoom..it just won't let me do it 

what I don't understand is that there are few functions that still work as touch control, was it really so damned difficult and expensive to make it all touch screen also for the xbox edition? the over all experience is nowhere near as good and smooth as it was with fm21 touch, everything takes so long to figure out and I didn't even try yet to go into the transfer market... I insist..was it really so hard to make it all touch screen ? Was it really so hard to give the tablet players the option of simply buying an update from fmt21 so they could at least have an option and make money anyway? 

I am not a businessman, but by providing the update option SI would have still sold the copies for the ones willing to buy the newest version with the changes and yet , not lose customers willing to accept not being able to buy the new one , but still ok with paying for an update of the 2021's version..why they haven't done it's beyond me.

On 08/11/2021 at 22:51, zakbrown96 said:

@Desmond RichardsonHow do you get the game to speed up a bit, it’s very much not touch friendly at the moment keeps freezing 

Are you still struggling speed wise? There is some information in regards to connection which may help in this instance. 

4 hours ago, rob73 said:

I finally managed to get the game running on the I pad.. few things immediately come to mind. Yes you can enable the touch control, but they are a pain

It is difficult to do normal things, for example moving a young player from development to the first squad, after a day I am still trying to find the window to do that

dragging players on the pitch when making a sub, if a player is near the touch controls good luck with that and many times it selects the players you don't want.

adjusting the camera's zoom..it just won't let me do it 

Rob, thanks for your message. Some of your feedback would be really helpful for the team. If you have more UI related feedback could you please submit it in the Official UI feedback thread?

For moving a player into the First Team Squad - navigate to a Player Profile Page then select the Actions Menu (either with touch or using a controller) then selecting squad, move to senior squad.

• 2 weeks later...
Am 12.11.2021 um 17:27 schrieb Desmond Richardson:

Are you still struggling

Struggle? I am struggling with the fact that still no tactics and other things can be added to the Xbox version on PC. Who thought up something like that please!

Among other things, this is what the game lives on

• 3 weeks later...

Wonder if the difficult decision to not have FMT is still seen as a positive decision at SI Towers. I was gifted FM22 for my birthday but played until the start of a first season. Found myself downloading FM12, Out of the Park Baseball and had a look at older FMTs. 

Reverted back to FMT21. Shame!

On 03/11/2021 at 21:21, Keyzer Soze said:

I'm fine staying with FMT21 for android .

In fact i bought FMT21 for android and PC, so that i could create a file with more than 3 nations.

Currently playing a save in my android tablet with 8 nations, working without issues.

So, despite the lack of transfers uptades, i think that i can keep playing FMT21 for many years. And theres also the option to use "fake players names" when in 2 or 3 years i'm bored with playing with all the sames players names.

Hi Keyzer,

Please could you explain a bit more about this?

How exactly have you managed to get 8 nations onto a Touch android tablet save? (I can DM if it's easier)

I'm happy sticking with FMT21 on tablet, but I'd very much like to do something similar with more nations if possible.

Thanks

I’m still playing FMT21 on iPad. Having tried the switch and Xbox versions. It really shown me just how brilliant the tablet version was, in terms of user face for one and all round design. Yes FMXbox is a thing for cloud save. But it’s really not great to play when you’ve got dodgy internet. I hope FM reconsider the plans and brings it back or maybe just a subscription type game with new squads not necessarily features. 

• 3 months later...
On 20/01/2022 at 23:38, zakbrown96 said:

I’m still playing FMT21 on iPad. Having tried the switch and Xbox versions. It really shown me just how brilliant the tablet version was, in terms of user face for one and all round design. Yes FMXbox is a thing for cloud save. But it’s really not great to play when you’ve got dodgy internet. I hope FM reconsider the plans and brings it back or maybe just a subscription type game with new squads not necessarily features. 

As a football manager player or games a like since the late 80s i struggle these days to put the time in the full fat FM, so i decided to purchase the Ipad pro 11inch not purely for FM but with FM in mind. I knew the FM touch 22 was exclusive to the switch which i also have but the screen is way to small, but anyway i thought at least i could get the FM touch 21........ but no you cannot buy it, its been removed from the apple store so my only option on a £800  IPad is FM mobile which i would never be interested in. Is there anyway i can at least get the touch 21 version? Thanks

Edited by Simsimmabrfc85
spelling

On 04/05/2022 at 19:23, Simsimmabrfc85 said:

As a football manager player or games a like since the late 80s i struggle these days to put the time in the full fat FM, so i decided to purchase the Ipad pro 11inch not purely for FM but with FM in mind. I knew the FM touch 22 was exclusive to the switch which i also have but the screen is way to small, but anyway i thought at least i could get the FM touch 21........ but no you cannot buy it, its been removed from the apple store so my only option on a £800  IPad is FM mobile which i would never be interested in. Is there anyway i can at least get the touch 21 version? Thanks

Don’t think so unless you purchased it on an iPad last year. Basically it’s to do with licensing issues. 

• 2 weeks later...

Really do hope there is consideration for FM Touch PC (Steam) for FM23 or at least embed to how it was when it was called FM Classic. Processing times even with adjustments is too long. Also have to cater to people who dont have enough time and please im not talking abo FM XBOX Edition. FM Touch (Steam) was sooo much better. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/05/2022 at 06:49, Bdare said:

Really do hope there is consideration for FM Touch PC (Steam) for FM23 or at least embed to how it was when it was called FM Classic. Processing times even with adjustments is too long. Also have to cater to people who dont have enough time and please im not talking abo FM XBOX Edition. FM Touch (Steam) was sooo much better. 

If they could only make FM really use the full power of modern CPU's ... that would make it run so much faster, making processing times bearably again. But if that's not possible, then best to revert back to the model they used for FMT21...

11 hours ago, DJ Sir Matthew said:

If they could only make FM really use the full power of modern CPU's ... that would make it run so much faster, making processing times bearably again. But if that's not possible, then best to revert back to the model they used for FMT21...

Away to get around it would be, having a standard FM and an create your own game version in the main menu, this could be done by simply clicking the modules you want to be involved in, staff etc could be like Touch was one staff to be selected for all departments. In turn they could then use the skin of Xbox version. I know people will say you can already do this, but it’s so cluttered the staff instructions it’s not easy to find in full FM. This would also mean pc players of FM touch can pick and chose what they want. Meaning it’s more of a consumer personalised game.  This in turn will give people the chance to experience Football manager the way they want too. And get the all important editor! 

Edited by zakbrown96

Would like to return to FM touch 21 or Fm Classic. First time since 1998, I do not have a long term save  game. I play a little versus games these days. You are welcome to throw a chat function on the match page, so you can chat with people. The built-in chat is a nightmare. No one answers etc. The game can crash and you can not get in touch with the opponent in versus the game

Hello,

With very good tablets options now, such as iPad Pro with M1 chip along with 16GB memory, can we have the return of FM Touch 2023 to Ipad?

I know it's too early for this, but anyone from SI Games can tell us if this is a plan, or we can consider totally out of the question?

Thanks,

• 1 month later...
On 30/07/2022 at 20:19, Robocat said:

I really hope FM touch returns. I've been sticking to FM touch 2021, it's still a great game but I'm sad I won't get an update.

Full fat FM takes too long and feels like a part time job :-( 

me too but really don't see it happening :thdn:

In the meantime, I'm still playing FM Touch 21. Why don't you give a new version for Android and iOS devices with the Touch version.  Come on SI, our Christmas present!

Edited by bluman

Don’t see it happening, The fact it’s an Microsoft only game now In terms of Xbox store ( not counting switch) makes me think they’ve signed an legal agreement for exclusivity, let’s be honest playing it via a stream cast is awful couldn’t get into it at all, Just the lag and needing internet all the time, it defeats the objective of portable. The Tablet market is getting bigger all the time and the tech. The main problem was marketing when it came to FM touch in my own personal view, You’d only find out features when the beta came out or when the tablet version released, the game never seemed to get the same love as FM mobile does. 

Now that we're near the end of the cycle, how many of you regular FMT players on PC have stuck with the Xbox PC 22 version and played it in any significant length?

Does it have a future or we're doomed to FMT 21 or forcing ourselves to full fat version?

51 minutes ago, shirajzl said:

Now that we're near the end of the cycle, how many of you regular FMT players on PC have stuck with the Xbox PC 22 version and played it in any significant length?

Does it have a future or we're doomed to FMT 21 or forcing ourselves to full fat version?

I'm still playing FMT 21 on PC/ Steam, but considering forcing myself to full fat version in the future.

Edited by Burbian De Bay

I'm still on FMT21 on the iPad mainly.

Occasionally play full Fm to test something out I did on Editor. Haven't play full FM22 in the last 6 months.

My future with FM is in very shaky situation. :( Not sure if I'm getting FM23 at all. Depends what are the "new" features are announced for it.

I haven been making pause in games in general... Mainly PS5 once a week and the FMT21 on iPad (more on weekends when I away from home somewhere).

Edited by grade

I'm also playing only FMT21 and I've been recently considering starting a new long-term save on it.

I don't have time to dive into the full fat version and I'm not a fan of the Xbox version either, therefore I will stick with the FMT21 and hope for the miracle from SI to bring us back the FMT23.

18 minutos atrás, uroszila disse:

I'm also playing only FMT21 and I've been recently considering starting a new long-term save on it.

I don't have time to dive into the full fat version and I'm not a fan of the Xbox version either, therefore I will stick with the FMT21 and hope for the miracle from SI to bring us back the FMT23.

yes, miracles happen. Who knows they won't look at us again

On 11/08/2022 at 11:16, Burbian De Bay said:

I'm still playing FMT 21 on PC/ Steam, but considering forcing myself to full fat version in the future.

That's me in a nutshell.

Either

a) I'm stuck with an outdated version playing FMT 21 for as long as I can tolerate it. Unfortunately, FMT has never been popular enough to get unofficial database updates like full fat version gets. 

b) I force myself to play full fat with a maximum amount of delegating stuff to the assistant + using continue timeout (which I use on FMT anyway)

c) I never play any FM version ever again.

All three options are bad.

I'm still playing FMT21 in my android tablet and having fun.

Of course it would be nice to have a save game with the transfers up  to date, but in any save after 4 or 5 seasons, that point doesn't matter anymore.

I have no intentions of buying FM23 because i dont have the time to play the full fat version.

I agree with the others users that doubt that FMT will return to Android/IOS tablets. It's not usual for companies to go back in these kind of decisions.

But, by looking at the FMT foruns, it seems that the path they choose didn't bring more players for the touch version.... but i could be wrong.

Edited by Keyzer Soze

I rarely post on this forum, but been playing the game since the very first CM version. But now - done. Lost a bit of interest along the way for a couple of years until I discovered Touch (for my laptop) and then was back to enjoyoing it full on. But now - with no Touch version - I simply cannot get into the full version, it's not enjoyable to me. Slow, boring. So unless Touch will be back - either as a stand-alone or as a scaled back mode in the full game - this was it. I'm not throwing my money after this game again. Too bad...

52 minutes ago, edved said:

I rarely post on this forum, but been playing the game since the very first CM version. But now - done. Lost a bit of interest along the way for a couple of years until I discovered Touch (for my laptop) and then was back to enjoyoing it full on. But now - with no Touch version - I simply cannot get into the full version, it's not enjoyable to me. Slow, boring. So unless Touch will be back - either as a stand-alone or as a scaled back mode in the full game - this was it. I'm not throwing my money after this game again. Too bad...

You can buy the Xbox edition from the Microsoft Store to play it on your laptop. This is mentioned in the OP.

3 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

You can buy the Xbox edition from the Microsoft Store to play it on your laptop. This is mentioned in the OP.

I think since the most PC players play on steam, wouldn't it be better to also offer a streamlined version on Steam. Not many people would want to use another launcher to play a game they enjoy. 

hace 8 horas, HUNT3R dijo:

Thanks HUNT3R but it's not the same. 10 nations limit restriction, 30 seasons...

I am one of those players who have not adapted to FM being used to FMT. I've played FMT21 until recently, but it's already getting out of date and it's harder to start a new save.

Also, I now play FM22 on STEAM DECK, and it is great, but is not possible to play FM XBOX Edition natively. Hopefully someone at SIGAMES will give us the chance to have an FMT again soon.

I look now at the 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021FMT editions and realize they were the best football games I have ever played.
I really miss that feeling and the incredible saves I played on PC and tablet. The skins, gameplay... Everything was perfect. :seagull:

Edited by Loren1983

I feel that it is Microsoft that is behind this. Fm touch could just as easily work on the PlayStation. But as soon as you take the MS$ brand it with xbox and remove it from the two biggest pc gaming market places, it won't be coming back. 

Why can't you make an orphaned version of FM touch, for us players on Macintosh, Linux etc? Rather than forcing us into the Microsoft ecosystem. We don't need cross play or azure support.

Personally I imagine that developing for Xbox is much more closely related to PC given they're both Microsoft operating systems. Which is why the Xbox version appears on PC as a more streamlined version.

But for Touch, the sad reality is it had reached a point where it was either no longer commercially viable or had become too burdensome on the company to sustain in that cost-benefit analysis mentioned in the first post of this thread. I think there is the scope to recreate the Touch experience through the main game and have all the benefits Touch missed out on (custom data for example) but its probably an area where SI need more ideas and inputs on how to get it right.

I do spend quite a bit of time thinking about this as for network games in some regards Touch was unmatched. My current ideas lilt between a preset bundle of Touch-esc backroom settings/delegations or perhaps something like a rule engine being built into the game and make these settings saveable like a tactic so the community could reach a consensus on a good group of settings for different gameplay. This could draw upon a lot of stuff already in the game kind of like the disciplinary settings and delegation but through a centralised screen.

2 hours ago, santy001 said:

Personally I imagine that developing for Xbox is much more closely related to PC given they're both Microsoft operating systems. Which is why the Xbox version appears on PC as a more streamlined version.

But for Touch, the sad reality is it had reached a point where it was either no longer commercially viable or had become too burdensome on the company to sustain in that cost-benefit analysis mentioned in the first post of this thread. I think there is the scope to recreate the Touch experience through the main game and have all the benefits Touch missed out on (custom data for example) but its probably an area where SI need more ideas and inputs on how to get it right.

I do spend quite a bit of time thinking about this as for network games in some regards Touch was unmatched. My current ideas lilt between a preset bundle of Touch-esc backroom settings/delegations or perhaps something like a rule engine being built into the game and make these settings saveable like a tactic so the community could reach a consensus on a good group of settings for different gameplay. This could draw upon a lot of stuff already in the game kind of like the disciplinary settings and delegation but through a centralised screen.

Thank you for your response. Your suggestions are spot on and actually should be implemented. As of right now it feels players are shoehorned to either playing the full fat fm (PC) or go Xbox Edition Microsoft. I think embedding Touch to how it first started could be the answer and as you've stated can eliminate the editor issue we've had for many years. Multiplayer was indeed a blast to playthrough using Touch. It literally takes 4-6hrs on Full fat fm (online save) to get into the first game!

Whether these changes will be made I'm not sure. I would have this than cater to a headline feature that might not go down so well.

Edited by Bdare

In my opinions SI have really missed a trick by getting rid of support FMT for tablet. It is certainly the way forward for so many players like myself who don't have the time to sit at a PC all day. A tablet is something that the majority of people own these days. I do have a Nintendo Switch and did purchase FM22 thinking it could be "ok".... I wasnt even an hour in before I decided its terrible. 

Also for anyone still playing FMT21, how on earth are you playing it with so many bugs. Is the scroll bug still a thing (jerky scrolling). - The best bug which did actually get fixed was when results were different for the AI to what was being shown in latest scores.