Jump to content

Major Changes for FM22 Touch and Beyond Blog


Recommended Posts

Would also second the instant result request - it's by far the thing I use most in FM Touch / Classic - if they brought that to 'full fat' and maybe gave a pre-set for responsibilities that would make it more like FM Touch (the latter wouldn't take much work) - then I'd be fine with it 

But the instant result is huge to me

Edited by hdcantona721
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone got an answer, as to whether or not the game will be touch enabled, through the game pass platform? 

The more time passes, I'm convincing myself to subscribe, but not if I need to buy a wireless controller, too 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to think as well, the work has been done for this already hasn't it? If IR is naturally in Xbox edition and is fairly easily added by modders, it feels like it should be an obvious addition 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SaintPaul said:

Has anyone got an answer, as to whether or not the game will be touch enabled, through the game pass platform? 

The more time passes, I'm convincing myself to subscribe, but not if I need to buy a wireless controller, too 

@Neil Brock has said in one of the threads it will be touch enabled on tablets.

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, RTHerringbone said:

This is a really good point tbf. My kids absolutely do not play games the way I did. It's all just about a quick turnaround with them and they have no qualms whatsoever about getting a new game and immediately running it side-by-side with a walkthrough on YouTube :mad:

Ultimately the funnel of consumers needs to be topped up with new FM customers and I don't think Fat Mode is especially accessible, and I do think there is *something* between FM Mobile and Fat Mode. It is and was Touch, so I think we may well see it resurface at some point because there's definitely an emerging change in gaming that isn't catered for with the remaining FM options.

Yeah, I really don't know if I'd be able to get into FM today if just the full fat version were available. The learning curve is definitely steep for these kinds of games. I tried OOTP (the baseball equivalent of FM) and I put in maybe 10-15 hours and I still barely understood what I was doing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been a FMC/FMT user for years, use to get the PC n Android to cross save....was annoyed the Switch version didn't have that or was limited to 3 nations, no unlockables either, so I won't be getting the Switch version this year until I know for definitely certain features are either in or missing. As for this xpass version, it's annoying as I'll have to be constantlyconnected to be able to play....means instead of me buying 2 versions of FMT, I'll be subbing to Microsoft for its xpass this I'm sure SI/Sega get a minimal amount so £45-50 vs now only getting £10. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very disappointed.

What about the multiplayer features on xbox edition? I regularly play FMTouch on multiplayer with some friends and we had planned to change to fm22Touch. Can we play on xbox edition as on the steam version? 
 

Full fat FM is impossible on multiplayer, honestly.

Edited by Waznei
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Waznei said:

Very disappointed.

What about the multiplayer features on xbox edition? I regularly play FMTouch on multiplayer with some friends and we had planned to change to fm22Touch. Can we play on xbox edition as on the steam version? 
 

Full fat FM is impossible on multiplayer, honestly.

I don't know if the xbox edition supports multiplayer myself, hopefully someone else can fill in this gap.

But with the main game I genuinely used to feel the same way, but I moved back across last year with my network game. It does well if you plan it out a bit more like say a Civilization game or others where there's some general pre-agreed rules about staff assignments, using the settings to ensure game days are the same (although this does compromise realism a bit) and bringing back the force continue feature. Didn't use it as much in Touch but its got its benefits in an FM network save.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If it was so popular why isn’t it carrying on steam, IOS and android. Does anyone else think that This isn’t about lack of sales but more a contract of exclusivity with Microsoft. Which if so would make sense 

84C3357C-2A86-4318-BB84-9BBF2F060BD4.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve bought on Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Switch for years now. Honestly, I mostly just play FMT on my iPad now. I used to be a huge FMM person, and still jump in a bit, but FMT is perfect on an iPad. I barely touch the Switch version just because it’s smaller and I can’t just flip between FM, web, YouTube, etc. The tablet is a perfect place for FMT. I might just go back to playing FMM mainly though. 
 

There might be value in trying to remote play FM from my laptop at home to my iPad, but then I’d need WiFi. And as I wait for my toddler to get out of school, that’s not an option. 
 

So, the only other option is Xbox… another subscription. I’m just surprised there are enough Switch FM users to jump from tablets to Switch only. 

Edited by Curtneedsaride
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 19/10/2021 at 09:48, Curtneedsaride said:

I’ve bought on Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Switch for years now. Honestly, I mostly just play FMT on my iPad now. I used to be a huge FMM person, and still jump in a bit, but FMT is perfect on an iPad. I barely touch the Switch version just because it’s smaller and I can’t just flip between FM, web, YouTube, etc. The tablet is a perfect place for FMT. I might just go back to playing FMM mainly though. 
 

There might be value in trying to remote play FM from my laptop at home to my iPad, but then I’d need WiFi. And as I wait for my toddler to get out of school, that’s not an option. 
 

So, the only other option is Xbox… another subscription. I’m just surprised there are enough Switch FM users to jump from tablets to Switch only. 

yea surprised on switch over android/ios myself too. Also surprised on xbox as well. Doesnt seem like a game you'd want to play with a control pad. 

While I own a Switch, I hate using it and the battery sucks, and for the most part its mainly targeted at a younger demographic, so a bit surprise that Switch sells more than the iOS/Android crowd.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Only just aware of this. A major setback for SI.

I really hope on the back of this a new version gets released. Simply. "FM Classic". I think SI have missed the point on this one. The reason this game (or touch, as it was rebranded) was so loved was it took many of us, including myself, back to the days of what first created that simplistic magic, whilst also incorporating the many new brilliant features.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Certainly creates a gap in the market for a tablet management game……

but I understand SI decision. If it’s not making money they can’t keep making it. For whatever reason, despite the fact it had some great versions, it wasn’t popular. I think the most recent version showed signs of neglect so I’m glad the developers didn’t suffer more barbs on the forum for something that wasn’t being invested in.

let’s see how the Xbox version works. Full fat is of zero interest to me so 🤞 it’s good.

maybe FMM will pick up the slack but I could never get into that as the ME is so basic 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The one thing I don't get is why Windows will get the Touch / Xbox edition - but not Mac OS - can only assume Microsoft are paying for exclusivity or something?

Or is it that much more expensive to build it on Mac OS than Windows?

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FulchesterFred said:

Certainly creates a gap in the market for a tablet management game……

but I understand SI decision. If it’s not making money they can’t keep making it. For whatever reason, despite the fact it had some great versions, it wasn’t popular. I think the most recent version showed signs of neglect so I’m glad the developers didn’t suffer more barbs on the forum for something that wasn’t being invested in.

let’s see how the Xbox version works. Full fat is of zero interest to me so 🤞 it’s good.

maybe FMM will pick up the slack but I could never get into that as the ME is so basic 

LMA Manager would work brilliantly on tablets, but it's probably just wishful thinking 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Only just seen this too. End of FM playing for me, I don’t have a pc just an iPad, and have so enjoyed FM Touch on there over the last few years. 
No intention of buying a laptop, or of paying £11 a month for this game pass thing - I don’t play video games, so effectively I’d now have to pay that on top of the purchase of the game for the privilege of playing it
awful decision, thanks a lot SI 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As a follow up, a price increase never goes down well, but it’s a hell of a lot better than just withdrawing the product. I’d happily pay £40 instead of £20 for fm22 on iPad, the number of hours I play the game would still make it value for money 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Wanson said:

Surely the new M1 powered iPad pros are more than capable of playing the full version of FM. 

It’s not so much them being capable, you’ve got to remember market wise I doubt it’s huge in terms of how many people have them. Plus another factor is if they put FM full on iPad they’ll Have to cap the amount of seasons one can play due to Apple restrictions on app sizes 

Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Burty76 said:

Only just seen this too. End of FM playing for me, I don’t have a pc just an iPad, and have so enjoyed FM Touch on there over the last few years. 
No intention of buying a laptop, or of paying £11 a month for this game pass thing - I don’t play video games, so effectively I’d now have to pay that on top of the purchase of the game for the privilege of playing it
awful decision, thanks a lot SI 

I have to ask why you think their shutting down an unprofitable version is awful. I do everything on my iPad - work, rest, play etc and have no intention of bringing a laptop to bed to play FM whilst the missus sleeps but it’s selfish to say it’s a bad decision.  Not enough of us are downloading it, they’re not a charity, Sorry!

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 17/10/2021 at 19:06, RTHerringbone said:

This is a really good point tbf. My kids absolutely do not play games the way I did. It's all just about a quick turnaround with them and they have no qualms whatsoever about getting a new game and immediately running it side-by-side with a walkthrough on YouTube :mad:

Ultimately the funnel of consumers needs to be topped up with new FM customers and I don't think Fat Mode is especially accessible, and I do think there is *something* between FM Mobile and Fat Mode. It is and was Touch, so I think we may well see it resurface at some point because there's definitely an emerging change in gaming that isn't catered for with the remaining FM options.

I remember a few years ago my students (15-18 age group) told me when they boot up FM it's just text, numbers and menus for them. It's like playing an Excel spreadsheet. Most lose interest before even getting to the actual matches. It's a generational thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FulchesterFred said:

I have to ask why you think their shutting down an unprofitable version is awful. I do everything on my iPad - work, rest, play etc and have no intention of bringing a laptop to bed to play FM whilst the missus sleeps but it’s selfish to say it’s a bad decision.  Not enough of us are downloading it, they’re not a charity, Sorry!

Loyalty to people who’ve bought the tablet game over the last few years?  SI must have been raking it in over lockdown, FM playing must have gone through the roof when people were stuck at home. That’s possibly just naivety though. 
 

as I said above, they could have said that the tablet version wasn’t making enough money so they were going to increase the price. I’d have paid double to keep playing, as would a lot of others. Its a bargain at £20. That solution is a hell of a lot better than just pulling the product entirely. If it was still unprofitable after the price increase then I’d have a lot more sympathy with them not producing a version for FM23

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just found out that you need an active subscription for multiplayer in the Microsoft Store. So that means no multiplayer save for me.

Yeah, I get it: it s more profitable charging 9,99€/month for the subscription than 40€ for the game. But, come on. Mandatory paying for multiplayer? On PC? Seriously?

You have broken my heart, Sigames.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Marc Vaughanmust be feeling terrible now.. there was a thread on the future of FM Touch/Classic where I wrote: "I played the full FM version, even FM21 as I just got a new laptop. But I kept being frustrated by the sluginess (so many continue clicks before something really interesting (match, important inbox message etc) happens, even with the less interruptions checked in preferences) and mostly overwhelmed by information overload and the white noise much not needed information created. Needing to do 4 or 5 clicks just to be able to assemble a full picture of a player abilities, character, contract status etc. was getting too much.

So, I tried FM Touch aka Classic. I tried it a few years ago but found it too dumbed down (no mentoring, not enough "steering" of player performances/development etc). Last month I tried it again. With Airbus UK (I work in aviation industry so there goes). And finding back that sparkle of fun I had when playing CM01/02. The smoothness, not being bogged down by (pointless?) interactions and news items. I still miss some things, like praising/berating players on their training performance, having team meetings or warning players you're going to strip them of their captaincy. You know, small little things that interact with their motivation and play level. Having these possibilities and add importing transfer updates/corrections ('cause let's face it, it's near impossible to have a correct transfer update anyway and for 1 player UK leagues are of paramount importance, for another player it might be Belgian or some other obscure league :D ) would make the game perfect for this individual user :) In its current state it is however already a much more relaxing and enjoyable experience than the full FM version for me."

There also some comments made here that don't sit well with me:

- While the PC FM21 Touch/Classic uses the same default DB as full-fat FM21, no data updates are possible. You have an editor that can read this DB and surely would be able to write to it if seperate editor files isn't an option. Or does the statement "The most realistic football management game" only count for full-fat FM?

- Giving FM Touch/Classic for free for years while buying full-fat FM and initially making big announcements about it, but making the box mentioning it smaller each year upto no announcement (past year or well hidden) to announce it now AFTER pre-orders opens, is just bad form. Especially given the period we've all been through. People should be allowed to cancel their purchase if they expected to have Touch/Classic included. (fyi i did not pre-order)

- Being ignorant about what people are trying to say when it comes to the speed/fluidness of the game. Sure delegating responsibilities helps to speed up the full game a bit, but there are still way to many pauses during processing (and I hate seeing all that non-sensical social media stuff, it doesn't help with immersion but that's personal) and using auto continue leads to missing important decisions/information sometimes. When I played FM Touch i didn't use instant result and had like 8 countries/10 leagues loaded and it was still faster than having only the English leagues on full fat using instant result!

Edit: I could go on, but I need to attend my kids now and walk the dog. .

Edited by DJ Sir Matthew
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 23/10/2021 at 09:46, Burty76 said:

Loyalty to people who’ve bought the tablet game over the last few years?  SI must have been raking it in over lockdown, FM playing must have gone through the roof when people were stuck at home. That’s possibly just naivety though. 
 

as I said above, they could have said that the tablet version wasn’t making enough money so they were going to increase the price. I’d have paid double to keep playing, as would a lot of others. Its a bargain at £20. That solution is a hell of a lot better than just pulling the product entirely. If it was still unprofitable after the price increase then I’d have a lot more sympathy with them not producing a version for FM23

I do understand your disappointment. But market economics doesn’t  usually put the price up when demand is low. Maybe they have been thinking about this for years so FMT21 was what you wanted 22 to be…..one last try. It failed. I’m sad too but you can’t criticise them for stopping an unsold product.

Edited by FulchesterFred
Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, FulchesterFred said:

I do understand your disappointment. But market economics doesn’t  usually put the price up when demand is low. Maybe they have been thinking about this for years so FMT21 was what you wanted 22 to be…..one last try. It failed. I’m sad too but you can’t criticise them for stopping an unsold product.

Which, for iOS/Android, I can understand. But not for PC - in particular I don't understand why they're making it available through the Windows Store, but not including it on Steam/with Bloat as before. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FulchesterFred said:

I do understand your disappointment. But market economics doesn’t  usually put the price up when demand is low. Maybe they have been thinking about this for years so FMT21 was what you wanted 22 to be…..one last try. It failed. I’m sad too but you can’t criticise them for stopping an unsold product.

As Malicious Penguin, said. If they offer FM Classic 2012 to 2014 with the FM, then those expanses were covered by the sales of FM. Not sure why it isn't now, when they have record of pre-orders for FM.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 22/10/2021 at 15:31, zakbrown96 said:

It’s not so much them being capable, you’ve got to remember market wise I doubt it’s huge in terms of how many people have them. Plus another factor is if they put FM full on iPad they’ll Have to cap the amount of seasons one can play due to Apple restrictions on app sizes 

What do you mean? My iPad's FMT documents folder has over 20GBs of add-ons in it and no issues. Thats where the save files go too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I still don't understand why news of the cancellation wasn't told earlier. 

A few days before the information about FMT was released, someone on Twitter asked about features, and he was told to keep his eyes peeled, because 'exciting news' was coming soon 

In what conceivable way, is the game being restricted to the Nintendo switch 'exciting'? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There has been few weeks since the dramatic announcement done by Miles and SI Team, about the financially based decision to stop the development of Football Manager Touch/classic. With perosnal feelings now subsiding, it can be a bit more objective, if I can.

We can theorize all we want, what happen behind the scenes, the Market Cannibalization of the same product, poor marketing, disfavour towards FMT-Classic by many fans and SI Team, rebranding of the community that stuck with FMT as small group or section, as Miles wrote it (take your pick which description of you prefer, I don't like them either of them).

I do however,  seen some your replies and worries, about the future of Classic fans. Do we go to switch version?, Do we go the Mobile version? Those that have a PC to buy xbox version or sign to a subscription?

For us that are prying for extra dose of patience to endure FM, I have few questions to SI, to appease my concerns (not sure if others have same concerns) regarding:

-Do you have any actual plans to accommodate our small group/section of fans, that played FMT that have limited free time?

-Do you have near future plans to redesign FM so it is quicker to play for people without a lot of time on their hands? Like go through an entire season in less then 10 hours, without having to customize training or deal with team talks?

-How can many of us can do to have lower input information from media and interaction with the boards?

-How can we have the minimum interaction with our staff members?

-Little interaction to no press conferences, without the AI ruining you relationship with your players?

-Will Instant Results be available?

-What are your plans to make FM less complex?

-Will the Unlockables be coming for FM?

All of these were key essential stuff of FM Touch - Classic mode, like for SI to answer them.

Thanks.

Two additional comments:

PS: saying as an excuse how troublesome is to have a FMT because how much different hardware android tablets there is quite shocking, since there is double or triple the hardware on the PC, where you create a game for it for years…

PS2: “…research showed there was confusion over the use of ‘Classic’, with many of our fans thinking it was a historical version of FM.” This is the second point like to comment. It is the first time, of many, many years I see this being mentioned regarding to Classic. I like to know where on the World Wide Web, this was even mentioned? Where is this research been done? I mean tagging classic mode as an easy mode and what not I heard and read it many places and multiple times across the years, but never this confusion…

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, grade said:

As Malicious Penguin, said. If they offer FM Classic 2012 to 2014 with the FM, then those expanses were covered by the sales of FM. Not sure why it isn't now, when they have record of pre-orders for FM.

It’s about capacity and planning. When they did that a few years ago they were taking a risk to launch a product. That requires investment. If it’s not making money years later it’s not worth producing. Apart from keeping us tablet people happy like some kind of charity. The resources dedicated to FMT can now be put to better use making FM even stronger and making the Xbox / switch versions the best they can be.

I really have no issue with this. I was criticising FMT on iPad mercilessly recently, as were others. It must be horrible to read those comments when you know you’re not being invested in. I replayed FMT 21 on iPad last week for one last time. It’s not great at all. Shows real signs of a neglected game.  Did you want them to keep producing an inferior product?

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, FulchesterFred said:

It’s about capacity and planning. When they did that a few years ago they were taking a risk to launch a product. That requires investment. If it’s not making money years later it’s not worth producing. Apart from keeping us tablet people happy like some kind of charity. The resources dedicated to FMT can now be put to better use making FM even stronger and making the Xbox / switch versions the best they can be.

I really have no issue with this. I was criticising FMT on iPad mercilessly recently, as were others. It must be horrible to read those comments when you know you’re not being invested in. I replayed FMT 21 on iPad last week for one last time. It’s not great at all. Shows real signs of a neglected game.  Did you want them to keep producing an inferior product?

But they are producing it. According to SI, Xbox Edition and Touch are identical. As I said, iOS/Android, I get. But PC?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not at all an official response in any way, shape or form. But for a number of the points raised by Grade they would cover future development, and so could not be disclosed. 

21 hours ago, grade said:

-Do you have near future plans to redesign FM so it is quicker to play for people without a lot of time on their hands? Like go through an entire season in less then 10 hours, without having to customize training or deal with team talks?

-How can many of us can do to have lower input information from media and interaction with the boards?

-How can we have the minimum interaction with our staff members?

-Little interaction to no press conferences, without the AI ruining you relationship with your players?

-What are your plans to make FM less complex?

Through the use of staff responsibilities and preferences in the game these are all pretty much achievable now. 

- - - - -

Ultimately I don't think there will ever be answers that can be provided which will satisfy you. You'll either try the main game and look into emulating more of a Touch like experience within that which can be done, or you can look to try the Xbox version through the microsoft store or on a console directly. If neither of those options suit then you can also consider the xcloud subscription and play the xbox edition on a device that supports xcloud. Or you visit Touch on the Switch.

About the only place you might really struggle to get an FM experience this year is on the Playstation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really feel for the FMT userbase. The appeal of playing a less detailed version of Football Manager is the 'pick up and play' aspect, be it on a tablet, phone or via the switch. 

I play FMT on the switch so i'm (at the moment) unaffected by the removal of FMT from PC/Tablets etc. The lack of news on the switch version of FMT is a bit of a concern, I know that a release date is difficult to set as the release goes through Nintendo's release process but that shouldn't stop feature announcements etc for the Switch. 

Instead of raising a new topic with my question, I'll ask here:

Please can we have some details on the Switch version of FMT and the features it'll be releasing with?

Link to post
Share on other sites

hace 3 horas, Robocat dijo:

After 25 consecutive years of buying FM or CM each year, I've decided to just stick with FMT 2021. 

I've been having a game with England which I plan to run for about 30 years, and then I'm going on a grand tour! Then I plan a very long game with my favourite club, using create a club to update the squad. 

FM was the *only* computer game I played or bought each year, so I spent the money saved on a new football scarf 🥰

I'm still gutted by SI's decision, and their comms have been woeful, and have felt rather dismissive :-(.

My brother (father of two young kids, with a job) and FM player of 20 odd years recently gave up the game. He thought FMM was too simplistic and full fat FM too bloated. 

I think SI have completely overlooked and neglected a vital demographic; older, loyal players who can only play less than 10 hours a week. I'm doing my best to get hooked on FM again

 

 

Totally agree.

I have bought CM/FM since 1995 (these days was VERY dificult to find the game here in Spain). I've been playing FMT almost exclusively for last 6 years.

Yes, it is a question of time (or lack of time) but above all it is a question that the FM that I fell in love with many years ago is much more similar to FMT than to FM22.

One feels like SIGAMES has abandoned many of its older clients :(

 

Please. Reconsider a legacy edition at least...

 

Edited by Loren1983
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Robocat said:

After 25 consecutive years of buying FM or CM each year, I've decided to just stick with FMT 2021. 

I've been having a game with England which I plan to run for about 30 years, and then I'm going on a grand tour! Then I plan a very long game with my favourite club, using create a club to update the squad. 

FM was the *only* computer game I played or bought each year, so I spent the money saved on a new football scarf 🥰

I'm still gutted by SI's decision, and their comms have been woeful, and have felt rather dismissive :-(.

My brother (father of two young kids, with a job) and FM player of 20 odd years recently gave up the game. He thought FMM was too simplistic and full fat FM too bloated. 

I think SI have completely overlooked and neglected a vital demographic; older, loyal players who can only play less than 10 hours a week. 

 

 

I am in the same boat as you and your brother. I recently decided that I will stick with FMT21 playing a 40-50 year career and then give up FM for the first time since the 90s. I bought a PC only to play FMT. I've had a look at FM22 too, but unfortunately I do not get the same feeling as with the FMT PC-version.

Edited by Burbian De Bay
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Loren1983 said:

Totally agree.

I have bought CM/FM since 1995 (these days was VERY dificult to find the game here in Spain). I've been playing FMT almost exclusively for last 6 years.

Yes, it is a question of time (or lack of time) but above all it is a question that the FM that I fell in love with many years ago is much more similar to FMT than to FM22.

One feels like SIGAMES has abandoned many of its older clients :(

 

Please. Reconsider a legacy edition at least...

 

I for one support for SI to reconsider a legacy edition, with all whistles and bells that FM user have, that includes an Editor.

Will not accept anything less. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

So i havent played FM "full edition" for a good 7 years when Classic was a thing, then Touch.....loved it, id purchased it on my laptop then when they started releasing a android version that wasnt "mobile" i purchased that too.....im shocked there isnt a instant results button in FM full, i know there was no need for unlockables [was a nice thing in touch to have things like that you unlocked winning trophies, staying with a club, but then again for 5+ years we never got a editor lol. I personally loved the streamlined approach, i am tempted by the Xbox Edition because the Switch version seem slow, limited to 3 nations [but then no cloud saving, no unlockables either[

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Loren1983 said:

Totally agree.

I have bought CM/FM since 1995 (these days was VERY dificult to find the game here in Spain). I've been playing FMT almost exclusively for last 6 years.

Yes, it is a question of time (or lack of time) but above all it is a question that the FM that I fell in love with many years ago is much more similar to FMT than to FM22.

One feels like SIGAMES has abandoned many of its older clients :(

 

Please. Reconsider a legacy edition at least...

 

Guys really! I don’t get this. If it doesn’t make them money why should they make it? To look after us old codgers?? 
they’re not the government. Why not play one of the older games (17 anyone?) to get that fix? Or buy on Microsoft.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FulchesterFred said:

Guys really! I don’t get this. If it doesn’t make them money why should they make it? To look after us old codgers?? 
they’re not the government. Why not play one of the older games (17 anyone?) to get that fix? Or buy on Microsoft.

Do you really think, that if they really lost money making and producing a game, they offer Classic/FMT, when you bought FM for 9 straight years?

Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, grade said:

Do you really think, that if they really lost money making and producing a game, they offer Classic/FMT, when you bought FM for 9 straight years?

I’m sorry as I’m not looking for an argument and I feel like I’m being provocative but…….do you really think they’d ditch a high revenue product?

Link to post
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, FulchesterFred said:

I’m sorry as I’m not looking for an argument and I feel like I’m being provocative but…….do you really think they’d ditch a high revenue product?

No, we are simply talking. :)

You raised a valid point. I for one believe if a product looses money for company, it should be cut... unless that product is only product you produce, then you try to fix it or you go bankrupt.

But, my point is, this is important point. How can FMT/Classic, loose any money, if this game mode on Steam, for 9 straight years, was always offered for free with the main game - FM? I mean of those 9 years, 3 of them (2012-2015) you could only choose this game mode, via FM main screen options. Even after that, with FMT becoming independent from FM, FMT was still being offer for free when you bought FM?

If you offer this game mode with FM on Steam, one can assume that the cost of making FMT was part of the cost making FM, like much the editor and in-game editor are.

As for FMT for the iPad/tablet, is bit different story.

Edited by grade
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, grade said:

No, we are simply talking. :)

You raised a valid point. I for one believe if a product looses money for company, it should be cut... unless that product is only product you produce, then you try to fix it or you go bankrupt.

But, my point is, this is important point. How can FMT/Classic, loose any money, if this game mode on Steam, for 9 straight years, was always offered for free with the main game - FM? I mean of those 9 years, 3 of them (2012-2015) you could only choose this game mode, via FM main screen options. Even after that, with FMT becoming independent from FM, FMT was still being offer for free when you bought FM?

If you offer this game mode with FM on Steam, one can assume that the cost of making FMT was part of the cost making FM, like much the editor and in-game editor are.

As for FMT for the iPad/tablet, is bit different story.

And on top of that, in recent years FMT became almost a "FM without a couple of features". There wasn't, if i recall, any specific new feature developed for FMT. So i assume, i could be wrong, that the FMT cost, at least for PC, must be very low when compare with the revenues.

As for the IOS/Android version, its a completely different ball game. Altough i only play FMT in a tablet android, i can understand more the decision if the revenues aren't giving what SI expected.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...