You Know You've Played Football Manager Too Much When...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know whe ive played it too much because...

I start with a really random team like me i started with Dag & Red... And know im following them all the time and its great

CLassic this one i started following Rushden and Diamonds and now i'm a supporter and when i was visiting england went to see a game.

When you celebrate with a champagne shower following a playoff final victory to win promotion.

Beer is more likely, but happened

I also know when ive played FM too much when I start clapping my players when they do nice moves and go like " YOU ARE THE BEST MAN YOU ARE THE BEST ! i love youuu ! " too much love for a player from a manager... might get called ... something by the fans *serious look*

Every dam day.

You are watching TV and a player comes on from bench and has black skin when you have been thinking he is white all along. Example from old FM Freddy Adu. Example recently Mario Balotelli.

I always imagined that Robert Earnshaw was a reasonably tall but lightning quick white Welshman.

How shocked was I when Ipswich played Cardiff in 01/02. (I should have noticed the 100+ Zambia Caps he had on my 00/01 career though).

I'm worried, when watching games at Portman Road, that I can recite players careers for my FM game on 08.

I gave Krystian Pearce a one man standing ovation recently...

You are watching TV and a player comes on from bench and has black skin when you have been thinking he is white all along. Example from old FM Freddy Adu. Example recently Mario Balotelli.

Yeah, same thing with Anthony Vanden Borre. And Alex Witsel...

• 3 months later...
You bump a 3 month old thread thats been rehashed at least twice since!

You tell your mates you are more sucessful than shanky and paisley put to gether and they laugh at you :(

ssssh don't ruin the thread, i just haven't been on here for a while and I bumped it because its funny hearing stories

When you would give up everything (literally everything) to play that one final game. And then as you turn off the machine, settle down to sleep, you plan your pre season and lie awake for so long, by the time your off to sleep its time to get up :( damn FM, too addictive! I think this could be a fantastic way of getting people off drugs.

Talk to Frank...... no not that Frank. FM Frank!!!!!!!!

When you're on the phone with your fiancee deciding important stuff about your wedding, but you just keep mumbling "huh-huhs" and "yups", while you are staring at your squad screen and actually thinking "DAMN this woman won't hang up, I have Libertadores Cup semi-finals tomorrow against Boca and I'm desperately anxious to click continue and go to the game but I freakin' CAN'T concentrate with this loudmouth talking endlessly! Why won't the damn woman just shut up and hang up, GOD please take me now!!!"

:D

Cheers

Fowler

When despite hearing a players name said by commentators you still think its pronounced differently based on what you read it was from fm

Same It's Dirk Kuyt not Dirk Kuoyt You Nicompoop learn to read Andy Gray!:p:D:D:p

When you are playing real football on a real pitch and you find yourself listing your mates "attributes" when they do something outstanding

Technique 20!

Composure 3!

Lol this ones class

I know ive played too much when i lose all sense of time, and reality. haha

I don't think any commentator or pundit on TV has yet pronounced "Kuyt" correctly.

The fact of the matter is that the Dutch sound "uy" or "ui" (same thing in Dutch) simply doesn't exist in the English tongue. It's true that. I am Dutch myself and have had several native English speakers as English teachers and none of them could pronounce "uy" or "ui".

Gives a good impression of how to pronounce Kuyt. (notice that Kuyt and Zuid is the same sound)

When you dislike a player in real life simply because he wouldn't sign for you on Football Manager.

hahaha! best answer!

i bacame an enemy of inter and all inter players irl, because they will never sell a player to me and the players never ever want to join my club no matter the reputation :D

The obvious one is when you can't remember what transfers are real and what ones happened in the game. I keep forgetting Chris Eagles is at Burnley and not Birmingham.

lol ;)

When you start doing commentary when watching your match. I find i do that ha ha like some was is watching or listening to the match on the radio ha ha sad i no!

• 5 years later...

When you open all your windows to replicate a cold Tuesday night when playing away at Stoke! Similarly, closing all windows and turning on your heating to max for the pre-season tour in Florida.

Archived