I am only getting youth intake from the playable leagues I have loaded up. I’ve set it to large database but there are no players from Brazil, Argentina, Russia, America etc coming through. 

their national teams now barely have anyone in their squads. Totally different from previous games. 

On 25/11/2020 at 20:44, Andrew James said:

Hi @adamh88

Thanks for your post, this is a known issue and one we're looking to get fixed :thup:

Hei,

I get the same problem, as you can see below. Any news on when is it going to be fixed? Thanks.

"Hei, i seem to have a problem with the youth intake..
Every year at world-transfers-youth intake i only receive english clubs newgens...(i play in the premier league). The clubs in england get newgens but i can't see other clubs (non enghlish) newgens. I m in 2024 now and already most of the clubs in europe or brazil have no rela newgens in their youth teams..."

have you looked into the Aussie's?  i am literally gonna get another Australian next youth intake according to youth candidate preview... this is a german club and i would think that it would make the majority of german player's right? at least player's who choose germany since they live in germany and play for a german team? i have been posting proofs and save of this issue but can't seem to get a response to this? why is that? Do you hate germans?

Also would like to point out that this will be my 3rd aussie GOALKEEPER in 4 seasons... do i really need that many goalkeepers playing for Australia of all country's? 

Youth preview 2023.png

Alright thx, 2024 intake is here and guess what .. AUSSIE GK, Does Lars Ricken have an Obsessive compulsive disorder for Australian goalkeepers and trying to find the next mark schwarzer?

This must be a bug yeah? do i have to fire him? is he gone mad? is there an option for the looney bin in this game and in germany or do i have to send him to bloody Australia?

Aussie GK 2024.png

This youth intake issue where newgens aren't being created in unplayable leagues and the decline of them in playable leagues with the AI needs to be fixed ASAP! And is it going to be save compatible. I want to start my long term save now but I am holding off until I get a response

Edited by Eoin Maguire

4 hours ago, Eoin Maguire said:

This youth intake issue where newgens aren't being created in unplayable leagues and the decline of them in playable leagues with the AI needs to be fixed ASAP! And is it going to be save compatible. I want to start my long term save now but I am holding off until I get a response

Yh i agree youth intake regens decline more than they progress even if you have world class coaches. is it going to be save compatible SI ?

3 minutes ago, jonb33 said:

Yh i agree youth intake regens decline more than they progress even if you have world class coaches. is it going to be save compatible SI ?

When I mean decline I mean in number, not in quality or progress etc. 

22 hours ago, Andrew James said:

Quick update on this one: once we have a fix ready it will be save game compatible. 

We're working hard to get this one addressed ASAP and your patience is greatly appreciated. 

Apologies again for the frustration caused by this bug, I'll keep you updated as and when there's more info. 

@jonb33Dortmund have an affiliation set in the db at game start with an Australian club, and part of that agreement is that they will get the option to sign some of their players via youth intakes. 

Quick question mate, does todays update fix the issue? The patch notes had one line about it but I couldn't tell if the issues is solved in its entirety. Cheers 👍 

Does this 'Improvements to newgen generation in inactive leagues' on Minor Update 21.1.3 fix this Youth Intake issue completely or is it 'improvements' on the way to a resolution?

Tagged: @Neil Brock @Andrew James

Edited by Stuniverse

• SI Staff

The latest update contains improvements for this issue. We’ve increased the leniency for top clubs’ player count in non-playable leagues which should increase the likelihood of certain clubs receiving youth intakes each year.

The fix is save game compatible but this doesn’t mean that loads of new newgens will start appearing in all nations in your save straight away. Newgens have a pre-generation date around 3 months before they appear in game, so the fix will apply to the next pre-generation dates, rather than next intake date.

I also want to clarify that the amount of newgens that generate in the first season in non-playable leagues shouldn’t be expected every season. We use newgens to replace retiring players and keep the overall player count relatively consistent, in FM21 there are more retirements than usual in the first season, which we think is a result of more free agents at game start and the COVID 19 financial implications meaning many clubs won’t offer as many contracts. So after the inflated first season intakes, the game balances out and the player count in these inactive leagues is deemed acceptable and therefore they may not receive intakes again for some time.

We are restricted in the amount of players we can add to non-playable leagues, and the numbers in these leagues are intentionally much lower. If you want to guarantee high numbers of newgens from a specific nation, then you’ll need to add that nation as a playable league, which can be done at the start of a new game, or midway through a save via the dropdown menu.

This will likely require some further tweaks and we think there are still some issues with total player count 10+ years into saves, and the issue will be more prevalent in cases where user has used Advanced Options to load extra players into non-playable leagues. We’re working hard to iron these out and any future fixes will be save game compatible too.

Hopefully that all makes sense! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks again for your patience.

On 03/12/2020 at 13:05, Andrew James said:

This will likely require some further tweaks and we think there are still some issues with total player count 10+ years into saves, and the issue will be more prevalent in cases where user has used Advanced Options to load extra players into non-playable leagues. We’re working hard to iron these out and any future fixes will be save game compatible too.

I think this would explain my questions, but I'll ask it anyway, Andrew.

I have loaded some leagues, but I added "players from top teams" in all continents at startup to add more players to the initial game. So I started with about 75k players, I also noticed that number went down as the seasons went and when the fix was released I had about 56k players in my game, however, I've played on a couple of seasons since, and now I'm down to 53k. I am in 2032 though, so was wondering if that further reduction of about 3k players is down to the issues you mentioned?

• SI Staff

Quick update on this one:

This issue is a priority and we are still working hard to get it fixed ASAP.

Changes will be save game compatible when they’re ready and will be rolled out at the earliest opportunity.

It has required some fundamental changes to how newgen generation is approached in inactive leagues, and we hope the result will be a better and more consistent spread of youth intakes across the globe than we’ve ever had in previous versions of FM.

Youth Intake numbers are a very complex and delicate balancing act, and your patience is still greatly appreciated while we try to get this right.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Andrew James:

we hope the result will be a better and more consistent spread of youth intakes across the globe than we’ve ever had in previous versions of FM.

This sounds amazing! Hopefully it will make my current youth rating-file unnecessary!  I had the most realistic results compared with default with highest YR arround 125 for Brazil. So I am really looking forward to this

31 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

Quick update on this one:

This issue is a priority and we are still working hard to get it fixed ASAP.

Changes will be save game compatible when they’re ready and will be rolled out at the earliest opportunity.

It has required some fundamental changes to how newgen generation is approached in inactive leagues, and we hope the result will be a better and more consistent spread of youth intakes across the globe than we’ve ever had in previous versions of FM.

Youth Intake numbers are a very complex and delicate balancing act, and your patience is still greatly appreciated while we try to get this right.

Thanks for the update. Appreciated :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/12/2020 at 11:29, Conway1985 said:

If I have loaded up most leagues on "view-only" with a custom database (117,000+) with only the English leagues playable. I just wanted to know if this will help the issue of regens/newgens spawning in-game for other nations? Tia

Screenshot (269).png

Custom databases make the problem even worse. Best to avoid custom databses the newgen issue is a deal breaker for you, or play slowly, hoping a fix comes out in time

On 30/11/2020 at 17:14, jonb33 said:

have you looked into the Aussie's?  i am literally gonna get another Australian next youth intake according to youth candidate preview... this is a german club and i would think that it would make the majority of german player's right? at least player's who choose germany since they live in germany and play for a german team? i have been posting proofs and save of this issue but can't seem to get a response to this? why is that? Do you hate germans?

Also would like to point out that this will be my 3rd aussie GOALKEEPER in 4 seasons... do i really need that many goalkeepers playing for Australia of all country's? 

Youth preview 2023.png

For what it's worth, I noticed on FM20 that Dortmund got loads of Aussies coming through their system. It seems that it is unchanged.

I understand they have an affiliation with an Australian side, but the number of Australian newgens was far too high; usually about a quarter of the intake.

Seems to be fixed on my save. Started off with a database of 80k players.  Lost 3k after season 1 (obv pre-patch) season 2 lost 1k. season 3 (post patch) lost 1k at start of the season, but in March with the new intake, the database went up another 1k. So it seems to be balancing out now.

1 hour ago, Hull City Tiger said:

Seems to be fixed on my save. Started off with a database of 80k players.  Lost 3k after season 1 (obv pre-patch) season 2 lost 1k. season 3 (post patch) lost 1k at start of the season, but in March with the new intake, the database went up another 1k. So it seems to be balancing out now.

Did you use advanced DB settings?

Am 29.12.2020 um 20:32 schrieb Hull City Tiger:

The decrease starts after 25/26. So this is too early to say it's fixed

• 3 weeks later...

I tested this last night with my current save (Christchurch FC using a tier 10 custom db).

Current save started before the patch on the 2/12/20 has seen in England (the only playable league) 6 players per club coming through the youth intake in 2021, then 3 players per club coming through in 2022 and 3 players per club coming through in 2023.

I started a new save with the same db parameters on the 22/1/21 and there were 6 players on average coming through each club in England in 2021, then only 2 players per club coming through in 2022 and 2023.

Seems like this is a known issue, my question is "Are there likely to be further patches to fix this?" This issue does limit future success of long term saves on FM21.

If you need any screenshots or the save file, let me know. 

I am likely to test a normal db tonight to see the difference between the first 3 seasons.

Regards

CookieFM

I'm in 2042 now and experiencing a big knock on from this. Every team within the top two tiers of England has had no more than 3 players through their intakes in the last few years, except myself (now in the Championship).

I did start this game during the beta but was sure that I'd seen somewhere a save-game compatible fix was released? I am running 21.2.2 with m/e v21.5.0.0 if that makes any difference and I have screenshots and a saved game if it helps?

There are currently just  819 players aged 17 or less in England down to VNN, 342 in Spain with just the top tier loaded and 4412 out of 65,453 in the total gameworld.

Edited by _Ben_

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 30/04/2021 at 04:47, TommyD8888 said:

Has this been patched? I just bought the game and thinking about the long term save, as I usually do, but this bug would basically kill it for me...

Yeah it has