What is your PA? ***this should be fun***

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

about 180, i could be a profensional if i wanted, just cant be bothered really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll be your agent!

I've got the brains.

You've (apparently) got the skills.

Lets make lots of money.

I used to be a goalkeeper, and was part of a league two clubs acadamy at 15, until I broke my leg, going into a challenge in a match.

I would put my PA at around 70, a good confrence north keeper. Sadly my CA is about 30, as, in my old age (20), I have eaten far too much carp and drunk far too much beer icon_frown.gif

My positions would be AMR/ST (Striker natural, AMR accomplished).

At 16 my CA would have been aound 110, PA would have been 90 (what I am now at age 32)

Highest level I have played is sunday league, although at my ripe old age am joining (and part fouder), of a new saturday league side... icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IMT:

My positions would be AMR/ST (Striker natural, AMR accomplished).

At 16 my CA would have been aound 110, PA would have been 90 (what I am now at age 32)

Highest level I have played is sunday league, although at my ripe old age am joining (and part fouder), of a new saturday league side... icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good for you, getting back into the game. icon14.gif

I read over my OP and I said my PA would be -6.

But thats 130 - 160.

I wouldn't have been anywhere near that tbh.

About PA90

Reached CA of about 65

I only played CD at school because of my height.

However it wouldn't be an overstatement to say that my PA should be about 10. I was utterly hopeless. Probably the first player in history who was equally useless with both feet.

I was an apprentice at Lincoln City and played over 20 games for the reserves but was not offered a contract and I went to play in Iceland for 2 seasons and got offered to play for Pananios in Greece but turned them down because of a girl in England ! What an idiot

From then on I only played non-league in England and stopped playing at 25 once I realised I wasnt going to be offered another shot at an higher standard.

So I then trained to be a Mortgage advisor and that is what I do now - do miss playing though but play FM08 on a regular basis to get my fix!!

I was left winger - very fast - was faster than Darren Huckerby when he was at Lincoln City - but not as skillful!

I would say my P/A would of been 120-130

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

I played footie for years as a kid. I quit at age 18 when my knees and ankles started feeling it. Worrying, I know!

My most common position was at left-back, though I was deployed everywhere across the back four at some point, and also in central midfield. I imagine I'd have a pretty crappy potential ability, though. In all honesty, my best position was goalkeeper. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That almost sounds as my career! Although I quit when I was 17 (same reasons) and never played GK.

I was good enough, I think, to play in a beer-league only thou! So a fixed PA of 15\20?

Had good pace, and was two-footed, so maybe just a bit higher!

Sitting here for ages trying to decide. was going to say really low maybe 20-30. But then decided that wasn't my PA but actually what my CA got to.

Between 14-18 I played for Oxford United (1 season Under 14's school of excellence) Luton Town (Under 15's Scool of excellence - 1 season), then Swindon Town (Under 16's plus youth team) followed by Stevenage Borough (youth team and 1 reserve game).

After that Chesham and Berko Town before giving up. I lost confidence having been realeased so many times, but I also had a few good moments along the way and played at county level, so -5 or -6 I would say. I just never got close to it.

Most the people I used to play with who are on fm have a PA of about 100-130, but most of those players were better than me if I'm being honest.

It's funny though because if you had asked me at 15 I would have said those players were -9's, I played hundreads of youth games and non of my team mates ever went on to play a premiership game.

DZStone, Where in Aus are you playing then (region?) Im off to Aus to get married in April and im off to train with Byron Bay football club for 4 weeks? Pre season training for me while im away from managing a sunday league club over here :-) Im sad really, the missus hates me for it lol.

The ironic thing is that my CA now (I'm 27yrs old) is far batter than my PA at aged 16 would've been.

This is simply down to the twists and turns that life takes.

A few years ago my son was paralized (on his right hand side) in a car crash.

He's since recovered well and almost has full use of the right side again.

(Trust me, this is going somewhere football-related)

Any, when we started to play football together again I insisted on using my own left foot despite being Right-footed, because he was forced to by default as he had minimum dexterity in his right (where he was originally dominant).

I felt it only fair then that I too were put to a disadvantage.

Turns out I was pretty good with the left and have continued using it for a few years, I even take free-kicks and penalties with my left.

I would have started out as a GK or RMF with the preferred move "Avoids using weaker foot", PA about 50-60 if I'm lucky.

Now I'm AML, two-footed with a CA (that will only ever decrease now!) of about 70.

"Dwells on ball...." icon_wink.gif

No idea what my PA would have been because I never received any kind of football coaching or anything like that, even at school - just send us out onto the pitch and play for the whole lesson instead.

I'd say my CA probably peaked at ~10 though icon_razz.gif

I'd have 20 for determination and work rate, decent pace and acceleration attributes and mebee one or two others, but my technical attributes would almsot entirely be 1s except mebee a 4 or 5 for crossing. Plus I'd definitely be right footed only.

It's difficult to say. I'd plump for a PA of around 90. At 14, I discovered that I had bone missing in my right-knee cap which stunted my development as a footballer (but also explained why I ran funny), but after physio I managed to quickly get back to a reasonable level. My biggest problem was that I wasn't as technically gifted as I was intellectually; I could see the pass that would open up the defence, but I wouldn't necessarily execute it. I imagine that given the right training, and focus, I could have quite easily reached League Two standard (although in terms of stats in FM, most of mine would be under the "mental" column).

As for position, I am the only player in my Sunday League to have played a league fixture in every position...so I'd say ST (natural); DM (accomplished); MC, MR, ML, GK (competent); DL, DR (awkward); DC (ineffectual).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Butt if you HAD to say?

What WOULD you say?

-7?

-8?

150? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only just been back on and i don't really know probably around 70/80 more than 150. i think some people are really overestimating their ability as -6 etc i have had as good signings for championship teams.

Well seeing as I only played 2 seasons when I was 10/11 years old. Back then my PA would have been pretty high since my coach asked me back on the team for the second season.

One of the best players both seasons. First season I played DL but played a bit of AML or ML.

Second season I was always AML. I guess being like 1 of 2 players who actually practiced dribbling with his left foot instead of right all the time got me alot of privelidges.

But since I started smoking, my PA would be way down now. Also a busted ankle.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Johnnyyen:

... but with 1 in determination, profissionalism, work rate and natural fitnness and a starting CA of about 3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

200 icon_biggrin.gif

At junior school (7-11 years old), I always played as a striker and was part of the school team that went an entire season unbeaten. We seemed to draw a lot of games 1-1 for some strange reason though and ended up in 4th place as I recall.

I never scored a single goal but was responsible for more assists than the amount of goals we scored (gave the ball away far too many times trying to be far too clever resulting in an opposition goal).

I had the ability to score and got many clear cut opportunities but I hated the attention that scoring brought to me (was far too shy back then). It was so bad that when I would be six yards from goal with an open net, I would wait for my strike partner (Peter Campbell) to catch up and pass it for him to score. He got the limelight, I generally got ignored for being weird. We were both happy.

When I moved to secondary school (12-16 years old), the "coach" always seemed to put me at left back. I thought my talents were wasted there (due to being right footed and attack-minded by design/intense practise) so had a habit of wandering forward (a lot). To say I gave myself a free role would be massively understating the point. That would be like describing either world war as a little skirmish.

I had the stamina to do it (due to long distance running) so I would cover about 70% of the pitch during the game trying to set up goals, taking people on, short passes, long passes, giving the ball away, watching the opposition score, oops again.

I didn't last long in the first team and was demoted to the B team where I was played in central midfield. This suited my style a little more as I was given more freedom to attack.

After playing quite a few games I was drafted into the first team again after their main central midfielder was unable to play due to going on holiday. We won the game two-nil and I scored neither (did set one up though).

The game was most notable for the expression on the coaches face when, on the edge of the 18-yard box and with my back to goal, the ball was punted upfield to me at chest height (coach was shouting at me to get back in position again), a quick bit of chest control, a spin Torres would have been proud of and the sweetest volley left my right boot at a massive rate of knots. Almost broke the crossbar after about 37 minutes.

In the second half, the coach put me up front where I saw relatively little goal action due to the lack of supply. Essentially I went back to giving myself a free role, dropping back to win the ball and linking up play (which is where my assist came from).

From then on, I was played as a striker and only ever scored twice for them. Always managed to score in droves in practise from open play and free kicks but didn't really have the killer touch in front of goal in a real match (always preferred to set others up).

Started training with an old division 2 sides youth team aged around 13 and played one match for them at age 14 before quitting "professional" football.

The coach played several players out of position including me, at left-back icon_rolleyes.gif , need I say more? Off-a-gallavanting I did go. It was being broadcast on local radio and we lost 8-1 (an assist from me \o/ ). After that I quit and went back to playing school football.

I would say that my best position was as a Forward but more of a link-up player, so AM/FC (a bit like Rooney but without his quality).

After that extremely long-winded snapshot of my early years, I would suggest the following Position/PA combinations would be near enough for me at age 16:-

SC - 75

AMC - 90

MC - 45

DL - a generous 1

I was rubbish as a kid, couldn't kick a ball, slow as hell and didn't understand the rules. Eventually it slipped into place that I had crazy acceleration, quite abit of pace, I knew about tactics and I had a hard shot (discovered that I was better with the outside of my foot compared to my terrible inside) so I could have had potential when I was 17.

Probably of around 50, being realistic.

I had a knack for tackling large guys though and I broke 3 wrists in my time. Never did break any other bones though, gutted.

I was a quite good goalkeeper and just quit football at the end of last season acutally. I have trialed with a few Allsvenskan clubs (AIK,Helsingborg,Halmstad) but then I got a new coach, and for some reason he didn't think I was tall enough for a keeper (167 cm) despite that i had a really great jumping and was the best goalkeeper in Stockholm that year of my age.

SO I was forced to start playing outfield while I was looking at other clubs to join and in my 4th game I got tackled by a two-footer and my leg was off icon_frown.gif my ligament also got ****ed up and then my career was over -.-

I think I would have been a good Swedish goalkeeper, not in Andreas Isaksson class but maybe a mid-table or relegation team in a league like France or Germany.

good topic to read this one. Well i played for Barnsley F.c academy for 6 years from under 9's to 15's but i broke my foot against man city so that was the end of that no new contract. used to get told i could play professionally for a good team until i tore anterior knee ligaments in both knees in one year still recovering rom the latest one now. Only 17 so all is not lost just yet eh icon_wink.gif

mmm, let me think about that one!

Scottish U-15 Internationalist, in a squad that produced top class players, Bett, Cooper, McStay. (Only Jocks will recall these legends). After injury went amateur/semi pro, joined the arnmy, played Army football. So disbarring the injury, I'd be god in the game!

icon_biggrin.gif

I think we should relate to the level of the people around us instead of pro. footballers because that would give a much more accurate idea, because basically all of us would be around the 50-100mark or lower.

So in that regard I'm probably a big target man with PA of 145.

In Rl though probably PA of 25 as a CB.

Hmm, not knowing about -8 and -9, I would say my CA is about 30 and my PA (at 16) would be probably about 50.

If you had said at 12, I would have raised my PA higher as I was on trial at Gillingham, but I had my ankle shattered in a tackle during the trial itself and it took two years to get back to even kicking a ball. Now I'm fat and late-twenties icon_frown.gif

Positionally I would be a DRC/ST with the option of re-training for AML

PA of around 140, with terrible agility, acceleration and pace (I'd give myself a 5 for each), but excellent concentration, positioning, tackling, crossing, long shots, passing, anticipation, teamwork and work rate (15+). An average of 10 for most of the rest of the attributes.

I played as sweeper, taking up a DMC role when going forward. Most of the time anyway. Would find it really easy to score when shooting from the position Abou Diaby likes to shoot from *. I hated fast nippy strikers though lol.

* I actually think that's a bug in the real life game that is not exploited enough by most managers lol. Same for left-footed players shooting from the right, just outside the penalty area. With a bit of curl you can always put it beyond the keeper's reach.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Starr_Man5:

DJdeMarco =

"Looks for pass rather than attempting to score"

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

After I had posted and saw how much I'd typed, I didn't think anyone would read it, so \o/.

I edited my work's football team into FM and was quite pleased at how accurate it was. For example, for me it said "is pretty blinkered with the ball at his feet" which is totally true. I can't pass to save my life.

I'm a tough-tackling right-back in the Gary Neville mold (in that I can tackle and defend quite well but am pretty hopeless at scoring). I'm 26 now so my chances of making it as a professional are diminishing. I'd probably have a CA of around 25 I think and maybe a PA of 30-35.

my PA is about 90-100,I was a late bloomer and play Sunday league,but we are one of the best teams in the country.

I play in cenrtre midfield,won palyer of the year last year and scored 15 goals...I can do it all,like stevie g but not as good as him

I had 2 positions when I was young:

*school team always played me as a left back (even though I was right footed) icon_frown.gif

Kicks ball away in the direction of the opposition, dribbles badly and keeps to his position

*with mates I always played as a striker as i was fast. (I use to be a goal poacher ala jimmy grieves in my dreams)

realistically I suppose my CA would have been 35 and my PA 50... icon_biggrin.gif

As you can see I was absolutely rubbish

• 2 weeks later...

Mine would be quite high, not sure what it would be exactley, but good enough to be in the Premiership or a top Championship player.

I was quite the player 5-6 years ago, then my knee was destroyed. 4 operations later and I can only play Sunday League.

The PA is still there though!!

I've just been snooping in the editor and I really should take myself off to Hong Kong. A team named 'Islands' is full of my kind of player - CA 1 PA 2 - even a good few with PA 1 icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

I do feel sorry for them if they are real, along with the English kids with desperately low PAs. Incidentally, did the research have a laugh with the Southport squad - they're playable in BAN and they also have loads of players with embarrassingly low CA/PAs.

Back in High School, rules weren't really that strict. As long as we had a jersey on, and running shoes, then we could play.

I was the hottie of the team... really, I was! But thats all I was, other than being a lazy right back, full back, and sometimes GK of course.

I don't know if I had the potential, but I can say, I got a workrate of 3, and determination of 1. If we concede a goal, I'd quit and blame my team mates. LOL. So I'd play way out of trouble, and avoids using weaker feet.

I'd also dwell on the ball, cuz I liked the attention from the women when I'm in possesion. I also try tricks, but keep losing the ball cuz my dribbling was only 2. LOL! Yeah, I was that pathetic in the old days.

In College, I was forced to quit Football, and moved on to Basketball, since shin guards and soccer shoes were required. I only had running shoes, and my parents couldn't afford the extra stuff.

I WOULD HAVE BEEN A STAR! Lol!

My position was Mid right or at a push i could play as a striker although my finishing was poor.

My PA. Well i would and Interschool trophy, A District Cup, and Various sunday league titles.

My claim to fame is i represented scotland in the European Championships in 1996.

BS you say! It depends on your point of view in 1996 my employers had a football competion. Offices from England, Scotland, Holland and Germany all put a team out. So I played for Scotland in the European Championships.

My PA - a very modest 40 - 70

I played for swansea city centre of development for

3 years i have a few boys club of wales caps

and i am currently playing 3 years ahead of myself

i am 15 and i am playing seniors football so i would say about 30

Archived