Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, anitamui said:

why suddenly 19 not 22??????

There aren't 22 Levels on the pyramid, as per FM19 database

EDIT: There are 20 levels so my database will be Level 20

Edited by Dan BHTFC

On 04/11/2019 at 23:06, CoxieFM20 said:

Can someone sort out Black Country Rangers FC. 

LEVEL 10. 

They just need to change the blue to red. They went to red 2 seasons ago.

The kits are fine. 

Good morning,

Wondering if this has been changed yet?

1 hour ago, CoxieFM20 said:

Good morning,

Wondering if this has been changed yet?

The editor hasn’t been released yet so Dan’s unable to make the changes.

But if you post it here it can get looked at: 

I know it says Level 9 but there are some clubs on the database at Level 10.

44 minutes ago, CoxieFM20 said:

Im trying to get the people over at SI to finish it off as that they have done half a job and its taken 2 years to change....

if not ill happily wait until the editor is out and get someone to change it

If you tell them in the thread I linked they can change it. If no-one tells them about it, it’ll stay like that.

Alternatively you can make the change yourself when the full game comes out, it’s only a two second job.

1 minute ago, FCUtdWill said:

If you tell them in the thread I linked they can change it. If no-one tells them about it, it’ll stay like that.

Alternatively you can make the change yourself when the full game comes out, it’s only a two second job.

cheers buddy

On 04/11/2019 at 17:22, Dan BHTFC said:

Yes, the largest database on Football Manager will be back for another instalment, I must like putting myself through this stress every year!

I'm hoping this one will be slightly larger that the FM19 one, watch this space on post #2 of leagues being added

Absolute legend mate! Every year I'm waiting to start a save until your database is released. Keep up the good work!:applause:

Am 4.11.2019 um 07:22 schrieb Dan BHTFC:

Yes, the largest database on Football Manager will be back for another instalment, I must like putting myself through this stress every year!

I'm hoping this one will be slightly larger that the FM19 one, watch this space on post #2 of leagues being added

Glad you're doing it again, mate :thup: Hope this year I'll have the time to play with your db.

Dan, glad to see you taking up the mantle again this year.  Appreciate you slogging through this for the team!  Just curious, do you release the DB in stages (say down to League 10 and then the full 20) or not until it's 100% complete?

12 hours ago, Ragin Cajun said:

Dan, glad to see you taking up the mantle again this year.  Appreciate you slogging through this for the team!  Just curious, do you release the DB in stages (say down to League 10 and then the full 20) or not until it's 100% complete?

He does release it in stages, but I wouldn't necessarily count on a L10 release. But many of the cup competitions weren't added until after all the leagues were added, just FYI.

Edited by jwchriste

Yes the editor is apparently live right now but apparently FULL of bugs

Yes I'm at work for the next 2 days so won't have a lot of time to look at it properly

No I don't have a release date for the database and I still haven't decided how I'm going to release it stage wise.

Yes this version will have some new leagues to play in which I have left out the older games.

Hopefully that answers some questions!

Edited by Dan BHTFC

I don’t know how much detail you go into but I’m doing a fairly detailed set around Lincolnshire and Cambridgeshire teams.

I will have a file with all the club, town and stadium edits but nothing else, maybe that might be of use to someone?

I’m guessing the IDs will be wrong for a lot of them so maybe not...

Edited by nine_iron

There is an issue at the moment where I can't edit how many teams get relegated from the default leagues, with this it means I cannot verify the database, I don't know if there will be a fix for this or it is only editable in the Advanced Editor (which I never use), once I know more I will let you know

1 hour ago, Dan BHTFC said:

There is an issue at the moment where I can't edit how many teams get relegated from the default leagues, with this it means I cannot verify the database, I don't know if there will be a fix for this or it is only editable in the Advanced Editor (which I never use), once I know more I will let you know

we all have this issue, it seems that they've blocked changing everything in default leagues in basic rules. And I'm not sure it will be changed.

Yep, noticed this issue as well, right ballache as I usually set up a temporary database down to step 7 or 8 before playing my regular save, adds a bit more realism and challenge if you can actually get relegated further down to regional level.

Does anyone actually understand the advanced rules? I stared at them for a while last night and can't for the life of me find out how to alter promotions/relegations in the new one, even in the Promotion/Relegation sections.

Edited by Smithyish

23 minutes ago, Smithyish said:

Yep, noticed this issue as well, right ballache as I usually set up a temporary database down to step 7 or 8 before playing my regular save, adds a bit more realism and challenge if you can actually get relegated further down to regional level.

Does anyone actually understand the advanced rules? I stared at them for a while last night and can't for the life of me find out how to alter promotions/relegations in the new one, even in the Promotion/Relegation sections.

I looked today and couldn't work it out myself! 

28 minutes ago, mnordbye said:

Just brilliant Dan!

This is the kind of database I've used for YEARS of playing FM.

Will you be prioritizing finishing the pyramid down to level 9-10 as before?

I don't know yet, depends if there is a way around the current relegation issue

8 hours ago, Dan BHTFC said:

I had this same issue and assumed it was a result of my own ignorance. Kind of wish it was… Hope SI get this changed. It'd be a strange thing to take away on purpose.

I've stared at the Advanced rules for probably about 4-5 hours now and done loads of fiddling trying to get the super playoff to work, always just says 4 teams getting promoted rather than 6. (As well as "5 extra teams requested" whatever that is). Suspect this has something to do with the faffing about they've had to do with the Bury situation, as there's multiple entries for each league below League 1, as well as the N/S leagues going up to 24 teams in 2020.

I was taking a cursory look and realised that the decision for the number of teams promoted from the inactive leagues has to be set at the top league level.

Very counter-intuitive (despite being logical from a programmer's point of view, given that the status of the top league will never be changed).

UPDATE:

SI have found the issue, they are testing it out however there's no roll out date for a hotfix for the issue if it works, so this means I can start adding lower levels but I cannot verify the file until the fix comes out so I won't be able to release it until then and then only if it's working 

Glad at very least you can get started with it pal, just have to alter the relegations when the fix is rolled out I suppose! At least it won't affect your progress too much, looking forward to it, you have an unbelievable amount of patience and that's coming from someone who loves statistics :P

Further to Dan’s post, I have found a workaround but it’s not an ideal solution as it means starting from scratch but keeping the leagues/cups in the nation rules.

I sent Dan two pictures comparing the FM19 and FM20 code last night and there’s a few lines of code missing in each separate competition.

On 04/11/2019 at 06:22, Dan BHTFC said:

Is there any database I can download at all whilst I’m waiting for this to play because there is a level 10 one in the workshop but tried to play in bostik north division with Maldon & tiptree and there was no league for me to play in just friendlies and cup competitions also I tried with Haringey in bostik premier and only league champions get promoted where it should be play offs

59 minutes ago, tommy1992 said:

Is there any database I can download at all whilst I’m waiting for this to play because there is a level 10 one in the workshop but tried to play in bostik north division with Maldon & tiptree and there was no league for me to play in just friendlies and cup competitions also I tried with Haringey in bostik premier and only league champions get promoted where it should be play offs

No because at the moment you cannot add relegation places from the Vanarama North/South, that's why there are editors waiting for this fix to come out, it's not just England either

Hello all. Just to let you know. That the file that dan done for FM19 works on FM29 yipeee. 

Ye you need to change a few things (easy enough to do your self). 

I have not done a season yet. 

if IF this file works why not use it. Save you time and you can enjoy the game.

anyhows I’ll be using this file 🙏 work with no major problems. Hope you all are keeping well 👍

13 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

Further to Dan’s post, I have found a workaround but it’s not an ideal solution as it means starting from scratch but keeping the leagues/cups in the nation rules.

I sent Dan two pictures comparing the FM19 and FM20 code last night and there’s a few lines of code missing in each separate competition.

Another update to my post last night, I’ve found another workaround on my file I’ve been working on. 

I’ve just got a couple of things to do and test to see if everything’s working okay.

I’ve been talking to Dan and will send him the file so he can use this as a starting point for his database.

1 hour ago, FCUtdWill said:

Another update to my post last night, I’ve found another workaround on my file I’ve been working on. 

I’ve just got a couple of things to do and test to see if everything’s working okay.

I’ve been talking to Dan and will send him the file so he can use this as a starting point for his database.

With this quote, yes this might be a fix that FCUtdWill has kindly looked into, but even if this works don't expect this file to be out quickly, I now have longer working hours, this is my hobby, not a job. I'm not having a dig at the people who understand this and are patient but I just don't like feeling pressured by others to get this file out

Spot on pal you gotta enjoy it, that's the key thing, if people start pestering and asking when's it out every other day then it'll become a chore, do it as and when you want, the majority of us understand how tedious this sort of thing is.

23 hours ago, Howie8217 said:

Hello all. Just to let you know. That the file that dan done for FM19 works on FM29 yipeee. 

Ye you need to change a few things (easy enough to do your self). 

I have not done a season yet. 

if IF this file works why not use it. Save you time and you can enjoy the game.

anyhows I’ll be using this file 🙏 work with no major problems. Hope you all are keeping well 👍

are you a time traveller see its 2029 there

how long did Jose last at Spurs :lol:

thanks for the feedback re fm 19 file;)

Edited by Roy Race 9