The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

11 hours ago, barrybatsbak said:

Better late than never. I'm going to start this challenge too. 

Meet the new manager of East Kilbride. Manager at the start

currently i have no backroom staff so that is a problem for now. Will keep you guys updated

Edit: What is the quick key combination to take a screenshot and where does it store it on a Windows PC? Can't get it to work right now

Alt+s and it will save it in your screenshots folder in your documents folder (documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2020 > screenshots)

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Britrock said:

Alt+s and it will save it in your screenshots folder in your documents folder (documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2020 > screenshots)

Ah nice, this was the method i was looking for. It is easier to look for screenshots when the system gives it a name automatically. Thanks!

10 hours ago, Kazushi80 said:

@barrybatsbak Using Steam? F12 takes screenshots and stores them in a "screenshots" folder in your steam installation (best is to search for that folder)  (there may be other ways out there)

there was another way indeed haha. I prefer the way of @Britrock because that way gives the screenshot automatic a name so i can find them back lol.

But thanks for the reply!

On 16/02/2020 at 18:13, darren1983 said:

Also, been meaning to ask for a couple of seasons now, but has anyone got anything they do about defending indirect free kicks? Last season we conceded 12 from them and this season we conceded 13. I've managed to sort out our defending from corners (only 3 let in just now compared to 10 season before) but I'm tearing my hair out over the free kicks, it's almost as good as a penalty against us. Either they float a ball over the backline that all stands still for an easy header or it's put to the back post then headed back across goal for a simple tap in. 

I have atleast 4-5 players on Mark Tall Player / Man Mark. Rest Go Back -I use Zonal instead of go back on wide free kick. If I remember correctly I have removed one player from the wall to help in the box - compared to the default

Edited by Diego D10S

972524657_160px-US_Citt_di_Palermo_Logo_svg.png.5f88b51f50e5919935660f4476200703.png

Palermo Season 2029/30 Season Review Serie B

Leaguewell that was an upturn in form to say the least. I made some tweaks to my tactics over the summer to try and get more out of my forwards. We went from a 433 with a DM to 451 and it worked, we had the ebst defence and 6th best attack. Being hard to beat meant we won many games by a single goal but every now and again we'd click and hammer sides. We went on a 17 game unbeaten run lasting nearly 5 months that put us into 2nd spot where we stayed. Going into the final game of the season we were away to 3rd place Parma. We were 3 points clear of them and level with leaders Brescia. Parama scored a late winner but Brescia also lost (at home to 15th placed Juve Stabia) meaning all 3 of us ended level on 72 points. Our wins at home over both sides meant that we ended 2nd in the mini league and 2nd overall meaning a very unexpected promotion. We probably should have won the league as we only won one of out last 5 games. In 3 of those 5 games we drew after conceding in the 90th minute, then the 90th minute again and the in the 89th minute. Even the goal Parma beat us with was in the 85th minute. That's a worrying trend we've picked up. Though if that looks bad it's nothing compared to Brescia who only won one of their final 10 games and lost 4 of their last 5 to throw away the league. They found their form and won the playoffs though.

Cupmade through the first couple of rounds again before Serie A side were too good for us

Transfersno major sales again but as usual we lost our most promising player from the last intake.

Financesnot great but that includes a tax bill which wiped out the small profit we had made over the season. Hopefully should be better after promotion

Squadas said, we managed to find some goals from our forward, double figures is great for us these days. Midfield was great with goals and assists but the backline was were we won promtion

Youth Intakebest one for a couple years in terms of numbers but no major standouts

Eduardo Medeot YP10A - always good to get a promising forward through and like the look of this lad
Michelangelo Secrra YP10B - another CB to some through
Francesco Rebiscini YP10C - looks well suited for a couple of roles in our new look midfield setup
Marco Terzi YP10D - like above, looks a promising midfielder 
Nunzio Abagnara YP10E - never hurts to have a keeper come through

Career Overview

Year		League		Position	Youth Coaching		Youth Recruitment 	Notes
2020/21		Serie C		9th 		Adequate		Adequate		Lost in 1st round of playoffs
2021/22		Serie C		5th 		Adequate		Adequate		Lost in 3rd round of playoffs, got 1st coaching badge, won manager of the season
2022/23		Serie C		3rd 		Adequate		Adequate		Promotion through playoffs, 2nd coaching badge, manager of the year again 
2023/24		Serie B		14th 		Adequate		Adequate
2024/25		Serie B		12th 		Good			Good			3rd coaching badge and youth coaching/recruitment upgrades
2025/26		Serie B		6th 		Excellent		Excellent		Lost first round of playoffs, youth coaching/recruitment upgrades 
2026/27		Serie B		15th 		Excellent		Excellent
2027/28		Serie B		8th 		Excellent		Excellent		Lost in playoff semi finals
2028/29		Serie B		14th 		Excellent		Excellent 
2029/30		Serie B		2nd 		Excellent		Excellent		Promotion. Continental B badge acquired 

5 minutes ago, Diego D10S said:

I have atleast 4-5 players on Mark Tall Player / Man Mark. Rest Go Back -I use Zonal instead of go back on wide free kick. If I remember correctly I have removed one player from the wall to help in the box - compared to the default

Cheers, I'll have a look as despite only conceding 22 goals all season another 8 where from indirect freekicks - so we're getting better at them at least :D 

6 hours ago, XaW said:

Had a bit of Chris Williams 31e accepted above my head by the board!

fClAIkf.png

I kind of understand why they accepted. It's just a massive offer.

However, he is a legend!

aERlkwq.png

And I'm offering him a new contract as I write this. Proper legend, this lad!

A new 5 year deal done!

rs2IXFN.png

Ah that's brilliant

Absolutely love that

1 hour ago, Crayam99x said:

Very well done. Congrats on getting to the top tier. Such a challenging country Italy. Whats your expectation for next season?

40 points and staying up. We have some good players now but still not sure we have more and than a couple that are good enough for the top flight so think we may even have to be ready to come right back down and use the money to help us out before coming back up. 

Harrowborough-1.png

Harrow Borough F.C.

Sign-Up

This is my sign-up post for Harrow Borough F.C.  - my first attempt at the challenge.  I've lurked on this thread for years and decided to finally give it a go.  I wanted to do a club I hadn't seen on the thread before, and when I saw Harrow pop up on June 24 I couldn't believe it - I've never seen them promoted before.  Sure enough, 16 squad members total.  If I can keep them up in the VNS it will be a miracle.

Prediction (24th):

Harrow-Borough-2.png

Manager Profile:

Doug-Dorval-Profile.png

Squad:

Harrow-Borough-Players.png

Wish me luck!

Edited by superotter

2 hours ago, superotter said:

This is my sign-up post for Harrow Borough F.C.  - my first attempt at the challenge.  I've lurked on this thread for years and decided to finally give it a go.  I wanted to do a club I hadn't seen on the thread before, and when I saw Harrow pop up on June 24 I couldn't believe it - I've never seen them promoted before.  Sure enough, 16 squad members total.  If I can keep them up in the VNS it will be a miracle.

Good luck dude! Really hard challenge that one. Keep us up to date :)

On 18/02/2020 at 09:42, XaW said:

Had a bit of Chris Williams 31e accepted above my head by the board!

fClAIkf.png

I kind of understand why they accepted. It's just a massive offer.

However, he is a legend!

aERlkwq.png

And I'm offering him a new contract as I write this. Proper legend, this lad!

A new 5 year deal done!

rs2IXFN.png

Could you post a screenshot of his stats? 

3 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

Could you post a screenshot of his stats? 

This was him at the end of last season:

3Eq0Pln.png

I can probably post a new one when I get home later on, if I remember it.

631573862_PalermoLogo2.thumb.jpg.5548fa318fe6ae69facf341ee382f935.jpg

Season 2037 / 2038

2nd in Serie A

League Table                 Squad                 Transfer History

My best season so far in the leauge but its still not enough to beat Inter and Pep Guardiola, but I'm still optimistic it can be done.

Got knocked out in the group stage in CL by Dortmund and Liverpool. Played good against them but they just have alot more quality.

Youth Intake was awful so I have sacked my HOYD even if he looks perfect on paper. Last 6-7 seasons of youth intakes have been disappointing.

Looking forward to next season and will probably try prioritise both the league and CL even if it hasnt gone as I hoped the last couple of seasons.

GL ALL !!! :) 

20200219184031_1.thumb.jpg.451c487b965cd6def13d4bc67fe6bd51.jpg

Edited by Diego D10S

Quick update from the lower leagues of Scotland. Four months and ten games in and the results are very nice until now.

League standings

Still participating for the play-off spots and relegation isn't even an issue right now. Luckily for me Queen's Park is having a terrible season. Hopefully they don't get it together and i can have an easy first season. For all my matches check our match schedule here.

Cup competitions

William Hill Scottish Cup

Needed a replay but i managed to defeat our league rivals in an amazing replay. Now we will face other league rivals in the form of Edinburgh City. Lost against them in a thrilling 2-3 match but we are determined to eliminate them in this cup. Now on to the Tunnock's Wafer Cup. Managed to eliminate the reserve teams of Hamilton and Rangers and utterly destroyed Vanarama National League side Hartlepool United. Falkirk was too good for us and eliminated us. This didn't bother us cause surviving in the league is way more important than a nice cup run.

Current Squad

The squad I have to work with isn't that bad, but it contains only 14 players right now. All of the players where on a non-contract and at the start nobody wanted to talk about their contract. Two players left for better teams and i couldn't do a thing about it. I don't know for sure but I think forgot to add players from one level below this division so that is partly my own fault. Until this moment i'm lucky with injuries en suspensions, but with my luck this will happen sooner than later and i have to improvise.

Manager profile

The board still doesn't let me study for badges yet so i'm still a very pathetic manager (stat wise ;))

Hopefully I can go on like this and maybe can even grab a play-off spot even that promotion is way to early for our small team. There is still no information about the youth intake so the exciting part of the season is far away. I need an injection with players even if they can't play proper football. I just need the numbers and if they can play proper football, that would be nice, football manager gods. *Praying*. All screenshots are in Dutch. When you want to know what something means of if someone wants more information, let me know!

Bilderesultat for south shields fc

South Shields

Season Summary 2026-2027

Promotion! 

After two seasons in League Two we won promotion after to League One! Last year we finished 7th with 77 points, this year we finished 3rd with 79 points! Last season Plymouth finished 3rd and they got 89 points, so needless to say, I have been very lucky! And I think we are in for a very, very tough year in League One...

We got knocked out in the 2nd round of the FA Cup against League One side Peterborough. We drew 1-1 at home and lost the replay 2-0. A big shame as the winner of the return leg got to play Man Utd at Old Trafford..

We never found any fantastic run of form this season, but at the same time we never found ourselves on a really bad losing streak and I would say we were overall solid. Our 4-2-3-1 formation lets us use our star youngster Rob Sterry as a shadow striker and he scored 15 goals and had 8 assists this year. Luckily he signed a new contract after the promotion, he only had one year left and I feared I would lose him. 

The best performer of the year was right winger Eddie Sheridan. 14 goals and 14 assists from AMR, and plenty of the goals came in narrow 1-0 wins. 

Our striker Jason Gilchrist have been fantastic for us, scoring a fantastic 160 goals in my first 6 seasons as South Shields manager. This year he only managed 18, and with so many league games and being my penalty taker as well that isnt to impressive to be honest. I might use Rob Sterry as a striker next season and change our formation, making the AMC a DMC instead. 

We finally have a decent goalkeeper. We have tried four different goalkeepers over the last few years, but this year 19 year old Peter Hards has stepped up and he is progressing nicely. 

Youth wise its terrible to be honest. The players I send out on loan are not getting any better, in fact they are getting worse! I always keep players in the club until they are 18, then I loan them out, but I am at a loss at the moment. I have basically nothing coming up.. Godwin Uzo is probably the top talent, but we already have a very good young left back. Can he become a good CB? 

We got big upgrades to facilities and youth department at the end of the season. How we are going to finance it is beyond me...

The goal for next season will obviously be to avoid relegation. Rob Sterry has a relegation clause in his contract and I will 100% certainly lose him if we go down. 

Season Summary

2109564295_2020-02-1923_30_52-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.d0d926f48b479303cafd3a0a57e52098.jpg     1805875642_2020-02-1923_31_08-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.4a8b73a2ce4cc30085d7724dc12b6535.jpg     245670672_2020-02-1923_32_01-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.9779afae49d3fa48e4be31ef1be92849.jpg

Facility/Academy upgrades

1326676019_2020-02-1923_31_18-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.c5cf929489494e4d527e82379949f694.jpg     1629203709_2020-02-1923_31_25-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.4e22d18359babdf1d7e4be6070584944.jpg     2079665477_2020-02-1923_31_39-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.7ece86e1b3f792b1d4784c2e8c5dfc09.jpg     618331191_2020-02-1923_31_45-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.5863991a7b0c73dae15dee4ba00a4042.jpg

Top performers

2087450483_2020-02-1923_32_21-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.5b2c7339809938db869a90e505d8fec3.jpg     644849629_2020-02-1923_32_31-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.f2b790a080aebb8f89a03107592c8105.jpg     465590555_2020-02-1923_32_42-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.0becb0ba027511e0c0f42309344d6418.jpg

"Top talents"

1249803822_2020-02-1923_32_57-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.6d8b5d4f050d39d343f8fc27f75579a6.jpg     653495794_2020-02-1923_33_09-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.1a88c5315788a3160edf49ceb3c056be.jpg     411884732_2020-02-1923_33_20-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.0286e03f5b7cbab924e783844c316854.jpg

Season	|	League                      |   Position    |    FA Cup     |       League Cup            |   Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21	|	Vanarama Nat. League South  |	  1st       |  1st round    |       2nd Round (FA Trophy) |   Promotion! 
2021/22	|	Vanarama Nat. League        |	  7th       |  3rd round    |       2nd Round (FA Trophy) |   Made the playoffs 
2022/23	|	Vanarama Nat. League        |	  5th       |  3rd round    |       2nd Round (FA Trophy) |   Lost VNL playoff final 
2023/24	|	Vanarama Nat. League        |	  7th       |  1st round    |       4th Round (FA Trophy) |   Lost first playoff leg
2024/25	|	Vanarama Nat. League        |	  1st       |  2nd round    |       3rd Round (FA Trophy) |   Promotion! 
2025/26	|	Sky Bet League 2            |	  7th       |  1st round    |       2nd round             |   Lost first playoff leg 
2026/27	|	Sky Bet League 2            |	  3rd       |  2nd round    |       1st round             |   Promotion! 

Edited by thomas_e

697652382_PalermoLogo2.thumb.jpg.188582386c627f0c3952c0b20fa4e3e8.jpg

This might be a stupid move, but I have decided to start over.

It has been my plan all along to start over with a small club eventually. With the new update and newgen changes this seem like the perfect time to do so.

I will leave the Palermo challenge to our boss @darren1983 I will follow you closely :) 

I have Rushden & Diamonds in my sights, we'll see if I can get them.

1 minute ago, Diego D10S said:

This might be a stupid move, but I have decided to start over.

It has been my plan all along to start over with a small club eventually. With the new update and newgen changes this seem like the perfect time to do so.

I will leave the Palermo challenge to our boss @darren1983 I will follow you closely :) 

I have Rushden & Diamonds in my sights, we'll see if I can get them.

Brave decision. You were doing very well at Palermo. Rushden & Diamonds sounds like a lot of fun though. GL!

I'm unaware of any recent major changes in the game. Would you have a link to those patch notes by any chance?

23 minutes ago, Crayam99x said:

Brave decision. You were doing very well at Palermo. Rushden & Diamonds sounds like a lot of fun though. GL!

I'm unaware of any recent major changes in the game. Would you have a link to those patch notes by any chance?

2 minutes ago, schnauzer said:

Would these changes be save game compatible do you think? E.g., would the next youth intake be affected by the changes to newgens?

Not sure but I expect the newgen changes to be save game compatible. I think only data and leauge updates are not.

Edited by Diego D10S

NK Zadar: 2034/35 season review

Another decent season as we clinched 3rd place again, whilst also achieving the most points in a season for the club. The Europa League campaign saw us fly through a group containing Lille, Slavia Prague and Wolfsburg, before losing on away goals to Juventus.

1268180452_TABLE35.thumb.png.920d92b5b1b9fdd86825345d63fef1d2.png

A pleasing amount of players were above the 7.00+ mark. Tin Deak coming in with an average 7.41 which saw him clinch player of the year.

1990896648_SQUAD35.thumb.png.2a84b7902cd5caa9bbfdb9397b3532fe.png   1124989285_POTY35.thumb.png.21134349014e757da529b123df93c15d.png

Youth intake was nothing to write home about :(

639815709_YOUTH35.thumb.png.d0a2eca7455762eb195945fd68694be7.png

Shipped out a few players again that weren't up to scratch, bringing in a little bit of cash.

1880986975_TRANSFERS35.thumb.png.88bbe1e0709e8abb7a0d3a4714072199.png

image.thumb.png.a006728e7a941c52bfff5c31e0bcf850.png

A fantastic start to the League One adventure with South Shields. In fear of it not continuing I had to do a short update. We are unbeaten after 7 games, our only loss has been against Middlesbrough in the first round of the Carabao Cup. We lost 5-4 on penalties, dissapointing! 

The two best offensive players form last year, Bob Sterry and Eddie Sheridan, have been fantastic. Sterry has 4 goals and 1 assists, Sheridan has 7 goals and 3 assists (in 7 games from AMR!). 

I shifted the formation a bit from last season. We now play either in a "control" 4-2-3-1 wide or a "counter" 4-1-2-2-1. In the previous seasons we have played with an attacking right full back and an attacking inside forward on the left. That has been changed now, with the left winger being an inside forward on support and the left full back on attack. This has created great combination play down the left flank and some fantastic free crosses into the box, a huge key to our success this season (success after 7 games, lol). 

6-7 of our first team players left at the end of the season. Some retired and some didn't get their contracts renewed. I have gotten quite good backroom staff, with 13 first team coaches and this has made me change my philosophy a bit. I decided to promote 5-6 youngsters and put them as either first team starters or rotation players. They develop nicely from really good coaching, and its time for a shift in generation! I have put two 18 year olds straight into the first team, both debuted on the first league game. This gamble has paid off, so far... 

We are entering a period now of tough games and we have unfortunately three players away on international duty, including both our left backs!! We also got our left winger injured for 4-7 weeks (yes, our physio is not great...) This will be tough, so I have to brag now :D

1729213917_2020-02-2019_46_13-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.532e57aa480812dc9b16e257d73fb703.jpg

Edited by thomas_e

972524657_160px-US_Citt_di_Palermo_Logo_svg.png.5f88b51f50e5919935660f4476200703.png

Palermo Season 2030/31 Review Serie A

LeagueAfter our shock promotion my only aim was 40 points and survival. Well we did one half of those, thankfully it was the important half. We actually started the season pretty well and found ourselves running in a comfortable 13th place by the halfway stage when the wheels just flew off. Only 2 wins in the 2nd half of the season as the goals dried up and my defence felt that letting in the first 2 shots on target we faced in every game was the best plan. We also had a shocking season in terms our yellow and red cards with us collecting a frankly insane 143 yellow cards and 9 reds! Thankfully there were 3 sides worse than us. Not sure what next season will bring though.

CupWe fell at the first hurdle 

Transfersno major sales, mainly loans out

Squad this is our issue, we over performed the season before in getting promotion, most of the players are just leading Serie C players with a handful Serie B level and one or 2 with Serie A potential. Just have to hope there's 3 teams worse than us again next year I think

FinancesMuch better now, this figure includes our end of season tx payout, plus me getting a youth facilities upgrade as well as youth coaching and recruitment. I love being in the top flight

Youth Intakea petty good one again I think

Gianluca Ferro YP11A - can play across the backline but looks best suited to CB role
Emanuele Fabiani YP11B - another good looking CB
Salvatore Maiorano YP11C - right winger, will require retraining to play wide right in our formation but looks OK
Martin Serino YP11D - the player my coaches were most excited by, needs retraining, thought about using him as a winger but will likely trains as a full back
Francesco Lallo YP11E - the reason why I thought of training Serino as a winger is that I like the look of Lallo as a RB
Antonio Schito YP11F - a left winger where we have issues so will likely get a chance at some stage

Career Overview

Year		League		Position	Youth Coaching		Youth Recruitment 	Notes
2020/21		Serie C		9th 		Adequate		Adequate		Lost in 1st round of playoffs
2021/22		Serie C		5th 		Adequate		Adequate		Lost in 3rd round of playoffs, got 1st coaching badge, won manager of the season
2022/23		Serie C		3rd 		Adequate		Adequate		Promotion through playoffs, 2nd coaching badge, manager of the year again 
2023/24		Serie B		14th 		Adequate		Adequate
2024/25		Serie B		12th 		Good			Good			3rd coaching badge and youth coaching/recruitment upgrades
2025/26		Serie B		6th 		Excellent		Excellent		Lost first round of playoffs, youth coaching/recruitment upgrades 
2026/27		Serie B		15th 		Excellent		Excellent
2027/28		Serie B		8th 		Excellent		Excellent		Lost in playoff semi finals
2028/29		Serie B		14th 		Excellent		Excellent 
2029/30		Serie B		2nd 		Excellent		Excellent		Promotion. Continental B badge acquired 
2030/31		Serie A		17th 		Exceptional 		Exceptional		Working towards Continental A badge

badge.thumb.jpg.73194932e141951005a0df826a4e366f.jpg

Season Update 2022/23 > January Progress
League Table | Squad | Finances | Transfers | Manager Characteristics / Attributes | Facilities

Miracles can happen it seems. We enter season 3 of the challenge.

The board expects us to avoid a relegation battle this season. I'm personally hoping to get a playoff finish, considering how we almost made the playoffs in the last 2 seasons.
As we start the season, things look promising. We go 7 games unbeaten before losing to promotion favorites Bath.

I'm a sucker for youth development. Honestly, I would rather see a few of the youngsters develop a lot in a month than to win all games in that month. Take a look at my current favorites Adam Dukes (21i) and John Barlow (21g).
And according to my staff, Adam Dukes (21i) has at least the potential to be a Varanama National player, where it first said North/South.
Other players I'm watching include Mark Hohn (22c) and Jon Harvey (22g). Meanwhile, Matt Wilson (21d) is set to be our starting goalkeeper this season.

Jarod has started work on his National A License.
The courses seem to have influenced proceedings as we made a little cup run in the FA Cup, harking in money from the Third Qualifying Round and Fourth Qualifying Round. That alone leaves our finances looking like this.
Going in the next round we got this message. €40,000 in television money?! Oh yes baby. We lost that match, but it broke our record attendance and record gate receipts and has our finances looking like this.

I guess the players took notice and didn't want to be on the pitch any longer on their meager wages...

2089942582_30-Copy.thumb.png.879f31424ab2f7f5abf4bdd907a7284e.png

The next big event had Adam Dukes (21i) getting injured. I might have to make a full post just about this guy. He is the chosen one, we must see it.
But who knows what talent joins him as we get a youth intake preview:

713184799_36-Copy.thumb.png.3768d2a2c7f6ebdf09782ffd171e7de3.png

Btw, if you're wondering how my squad is looking. They're mostly terrible players for this level. We're still predicted as 24 out of 24 teams by the mediaAdam Dukes (21i), the chosen one, is seen as a Regional Division talent.
My best player by far, Lee Lucas, is a Vanarama National quality player according to my staff.
But somehow we're in 3rd... ;)

See you all next time with the youth intake and GL on your saves!

Edited by Crayam99x

image_599f168592238.png&bg=fff&w=1200&h=

Season 2021/22

Table / Squad / Transfer / Finances

Second season is done, and we got 12 points more in this season, but it was only enough to get 2 places higher in the table. It was a very good season, where we was fighting for playoff-places in the end off the season, but we screwed it up, in the last 5 games off the season, where we only got 1 out off 15 points. But again in the season, the board expected us to end at 22th places in the league, but we were too good for that :P

If we look at our cup runs, we wasn't at good at last year, where we won the FA Trophy, but this year, we only got to the 1st round. We lost to Solihull Moors, who ends in the top half of the table in the Vanarama National League, so to lose 0-1 is fine with me. In the FA Cup, we got to the 1st round and got knocked out by Coventry City, who ended on the 9th places in League One. The money was good from the cups. That means that we are in +240K DKK (32K €), but we have spent a lot of money on youth facilities and youth recruitment in this season.

And the youth intake was not the best this season. There is no player there can go into the first team right now, but I hope we can get some off the up to get in rotation and on the bench, so they can get some first team football. I'm a little bit excited about Rory Senior 22g. He can't be a superstar, but i havn't the best prospects on the CM position, so to get this type off player with decent attributes, i'm happy about. Otherwise we miss a right midfielder, and i hope Rory Cairns 22a can be that guy and begin to play in the first team in start/middle of the next season. Lastly we got Shane Jackson 22b, who can go into the first team right now. We have 2 decent CB's from last youth intake, but he is on the same level as them, and maybe he can go into the starting lineup next season, where one off our CB's is retiring this season.

0a68d68acadf4813cdff56b27f00a07f.png

2 hours ago, craigcwwe said:

Going to attempt this challenge for the first time however the team I want to manage for it aren't coming up. :( 

Good luck! What team are you going for?

17 minutes ago, XaW said:

Good luck! What team are you going for?

Cheers.

I've been trying about a dozen times to get Malmo City FC to come up to the next playable league but so far no luck. :( They have the 5th highest reputation in their division from my research too. 

I have a few other teams in other countries in Europe to attempt this with however. 

Edited by craigcwwe
5th not 4th

1 minute ago, craigcwwe said:

Well I've been trying about a dozen times to get Malmo City FC to come up to the next playable league but so far no luck. :( They have the 4th highest reputation in their division from my research too. 

I have a few other teams in other countries in Europe to attempt this with however. 

Sweden is quite fun, had a run there a few years ago, but never completed it though. Unlucky about the promotion, should be possible to get them quite quickly if they are rated that high. Unless the decision for the teams comes at an earlier time than the season reset? If it's the same identical team each time, then load up an earlier save and try from there. Happens in a few leagues, I've noticed.

5 minutes ago, XaW said:

Sweden is quite fun, had a run there a few years ago, but never completed it though. Unlucky about the promotion, should be possible to get them quite quickly if they are rated that high. Unless the decision for the teams comes at an earlier time than the season reset? If it's the same identical team each time, then load up an earlier save and try from there. Happens in a few leagues, I've noticed.

Never managed in Sweden tbf. Got a few teams in countries I've not managed in before for this to freshen it up a bit. Some teams that others are or have used in this thread and I think 1-2 new sides, will see who I ultimately end up at for the first attempt. 

Malmo is the first choice though, annoyingly there's a team with 2 less reputation points that have come up several times now as well from their division. :thdn:

Edited by craigcwwe

I think the update broke my tactic...

c63nANd.png

The 7 latest are on the new patch, only 2 wins from 7 after almost not conceding in the 9 previous games... Oh well, back to the drawing board, though a bit of a shame it's in the run in of the season.

Hi guys, very long term FM/CM player and member of this board however I have never taken up this challenge but I think it may be next on my list. From the guys that do this a lot what would you say is the easiest nation and which ones the hardest? Also any pros and cons that you can think of. 

Thank you.

3 hours ago, lewis999 said:

Hi guys, very long term FM/CM player and member of this board however I have never taken up this challenge but I think it may be next on my list. From the guys that do this a lot what would you say is the easiest nation and which ones the hardest? Also any pros and cons that you can think of. 

Thank you.

It's a bit of both actually. The big leagues are harder in the short term, because it's hard to get to the top level and win things there. In the smaller nations it's often easier to become a good team domestically, but it's then much harder to be competitive in Europe. I've tried both, and they have each of their challenges. In England for instance, it takes a long time to get promoted to the top tier, but once you are a good team and qualify for Europe, you have a good chance of winning it.

I often like both, and in FM19 I completed it with Kettering, so that's why I'm doing it in Wales at the moment.

image.png.a4d8408387189ff3f9d16603d2f2dc19.png

image.thumb.png.f0aaca5577e464310da1ae5fbe22b6f3.png

UAI Urquiza

The Club was founded as "Club Deportivo, Social y Cultural Ferrocarril Urquiza" by Carmelo Santoro on May 21, 1950. The first players and fans of the team were employees of the General Urquiza Railway who needed a ground to play football on Saturday afternoons. At the beginning of the 2009/10 season the club merged with Universidad Abierta Interamericana (UAI) to form "Club Deportivo UAI-Urquiza". Having won no titles under its old name, UAI Urquiza obtained the first season disputed by the team, the 2009–10 Primera D championship, promoting to Primera C

Stadium

The stadium is located in Villa Lynch, General San Martín Partido, Gran Buenos Aires. It has capacity for 500 spectators and does not have lighting. Prior to Ferrocarril Urquiza, this field was used by the defunct team Sportivo Palermo, where legendary goalkeeper Amadeo Carrizo first appeared.

Team kit and colours

Under the new denomination, the kit uniform still maintains main colour that identified Club Ferrocarril Urquiza (light blue) but adding the burgundy, which is the corporate colour of the UAI (Universidad Abierta Interamericana).

image.thumb.png.88193ad31cccde018cf0cdf5c9aa32c5.png

Women's team

The women's team has won the Campeonato de Fútbol Femenino 5 times: 2012 Clausura, 2014 Final, 2016, 2017–18 and 2018–19. It appeared in the Copa Libertadores Femenina for the first time in 2015, where it finished third place. Its next international appearances were in 2016 and 2018. It has also qualified for the 2019 Libertadores Femenina edition. Being the most dominant team in Argentine women's football league in recent years, it became the main supplier of players for the Argentina women's national team.

Judas Ironfist

image.thumb.png.34681c71214bf5bf95b9d4c126ce215c.pngimage.thumb.png.9e0f62a97a60e553e793741bc6e8dae3.png 

XaW - Caersws - 2034/35

peEskM8h_400x400.jpg

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Things went amazingly well, then the new patch happened and we just couldn't win anymore. Our winning run got stopped during those times as well. So I had to change it up and it improved towards the final few matches. And TNS were far better this season and the last few. In the end we won it, but only a single point ahead of TNS. To be fair, we had it clinched with a game to go, but lost the match to TNS on the final day.

In the Welsh League Cup we beat Undy, Penrhyncoch,Carmarthen Town and TNS to reach the final. Here we beat Bangory City to win it again. In the Welsh Cup we beat Aberbargoed, Cardiff Met Uni, Carmarthen Town and Bangor City to reach the final. Here we beat Barry Town to give us another complete domestic sweep.

In the Irn-Bru cup we beat Dunfermline and Cowdenbeath before we lost to Inverness in the quarter final.

We were back in the Champions League and we started in the 2nd qualification round against Red Star of Serbia. We beat them in both matches to into the 3rd qualification round. Here we got Bate Borisov of Belarus who weren't quite a match for us. In the playoff we faced Dinamo Zagreb of Croatia. We simply crushed them to go into the group stage.

In the group stage we got Juventus of Italy, Atlético Madrid of Spain and Strasbourg of France. Once again a really tough draw. We drew away to Atlético Madrid and Strasbourg, and beat the latter at home. So we finished in 3rd place.

This meant we headed into the Europa League and the 1st knockout round. Here we drew FC København of Denmark who we just about beat to go through. In the 2nd knockout round we drew English side Watford. Just narrowly they knocked us out of this European cup as well.

An updated map, with two more countries filled in, Serbia and Belarus.

TD0Z6bM.png

The youth intake this season were nothing to write home about, except for one player. Phil Owen 35a! My coached say he is a central midfielder, but he is a ballplaying defender if I ever saw one.

The leading players this season have been Marc Lloyd 31cChris Williams 31e and Josh Jones 30e.

X3G3Skw.png

NK Zadar: 2035/36 season review

Another season, another 3rd placed finish :D I can't complain too much though as we qualify for the Champions League thanks to the reputation of Croatian football. We also finally won the Croatian Cup after two previous final defeats and celebrated in front of some static away fans :lol:

1842850794_TABLE36.thumb.png.dedaa64fc68d4741f200f652ebc805dc.png   24085766_TROPHY36.thumb.png.62c2ba143eff2a4cadc7941ba422b0e6.png

Some really pleasing performances which helped towards our achievements this season. Player of the Year going to our right-winger again, however, Spurs are chasing him and he is refusing to extend his contract that expires next season.

1793620757_SQUAD36.thumb.png.51b049081ef8ffdd0f1f5397063035cb.png   1643530228_POTY36.thumb.png.8733c7bfc7ef2efd7cea18c12db57e02.png

Youth intake was pretty dull. I've switched HoyD to see if we can improve what comes through the ranks. Facilities and coaching standards are now maxed out.

714389242_YOUTH36.thumb.png.237ddad25827f5ed28d8a5d5844cc186.png   1396982180_FACS36.thumb.png.cdef3c21f261a92835a95b6d2a23b129.png

A few deadwood players were set free.

169530818_TRANSFERS36.thumb.png.7c9d5f0ceb483cc0adaf66d05c5d00aa.png

image.thumb.png.148e93f86333a7c2f5db7f1988b7c9ba.png

Hello,

I haven't launch the game in a while but i got tempted after the new update. Some positive changes, mixed feelings about the ME.

It is nice to see i am not the only one to struggle in england :D i won't be promoted this season, but i got lucky in FA Cup. Somehow, i beat a VNL and a L1 team. The L1 team shot 27 times, didn't score once. I had 3 shots, 2 goals. Easy  :hammer:

Gl all !

Edited by SpS_Zen

Bilderesultat for south shields fc

South Shields

Youth Intake 2028

After a couple of dissapointing youth intakes, we finally got what seems like a good one! Four strong players in Gary Smith, Elliot Dunne, Peter Bradford and Enrico Peruzzi. All of them are players most natural in central positions and I think Gary Smith can fight for a first team spot pretty soon! 

82861874_2020-02-2318_19_57-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.5bcffdc6c19fc1409c002fce0b3d65d0.jpg      1776715883_2020-02-2318_20_04-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.b7dc4c6f75d21aaaaeb7a530f62b89c5.jpg

727532140_2020-02-2318_20_11-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.5def34dcaa3529e0ae9b46793d0774c8.jpg     1727785265_2020-02-2318_20_19-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.acc22b262970302f0ef7a08e385bbcc4.jpg

1729923393_2020-02-2318_20_28-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.42c475d70a97191c02e94233a507edcf.jpg