The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

Is it mandatory to not use new league files or lower league files? Just asking, because I'm always starting from the bottom of the pyramid when creating a new career.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vikeologist's Palermo 2032/33 End of Season Report

Image result for palermo fc

Palermo won the Copa Italia for the first time in our 133 year history. The club had lost 3 times in the final, so it was nice to put that ghost to rest, and we did it in style winning 6-1 in the final.

Like last year’s Europa League, it doesn’t make any difference with the challenge, but nice nonetheless.

Almost half way through the season it seemed that we might even complete the challenge. We won every group stage match in the Champions League, and were top of the table, but lost ground in the league which we never made up.

A Champions league spot looked safe, but a few bad results meant that we went into the final match of the season in 3rd, but only 2 points ahead of the Europa League 5th spot. We only drew, but luckily the team in 5th lost, so it wasn’t as stressful or disastrous as it could have been.

Top Goalscorer – Corrado Varsallona YP8a - 29

My star gaygen striker. He’ll soon be the club’s record holder. The fact that he was inured the last few matches of the season may be a factor in the nerve wracking finish. He was the only striker of my Gang of 4 to hit the net on a regular basis.

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) – Luciano Campi YP5g – 7.62

Fifth year in a row. As inevitable as the changing of the seasons.

Last Remaining Legacy Player - Mirko Grasso YP0c

Technically that was Danilo Ambro, who left at the end of his contract a year ago.

Mirko came through in the intake during the initial holiday year. (Thus the YP0 designation). He’s 29 now, so hopefully has a few years left. He’s been a starter for all 13 seasons, although I switched him from central defender to wing back a couple of seasons ago. He has 424 league appearances to his name. I can’t be bothered to calculate what the total is if you include cups. He may well get to the 500 appearances mark, because there’s not really any youngsters snapping at his heels.

I’m pretty sure I’ve never mentioned him before, because he’s not fantastic. He has only one 7+ average season.

Man of The Match – Luciano Campi YP5g- 8

Most Valuable Players– Luciano Campi YP5g / Corrado Varsallona YP8a

I don’t know where I’d be without these two. They’ve been carrying us for quite a few seasons now. There's a third player who's probably as good as them; Giovanni Pierpaoli YP5a, but I have to play him slightly out of position because he's the best left winger I have. It is tempting to move him to central midfield and see how good he could be, and blood a youngster.

Season	Division		Position	Notes										
20/21	C/C			8th		Eliminated in 2nd round of promotion playoffs.
21/22	C/C			8th		Eliminated in 3rd round of playoffs
22/23	C/C			2nd		Eliminated in Quarterfinals of playoffs.
23/24	C/C			1st		Won league and Super C Cup easily.
24/25	B			4th		Lost in playoffs S/F
25/26	B			2nd		W7 D1 of last 8 matches. Automatic promotion.
26/27	A			13th		Flirted with relegation, but it never got inside our pants.
27/28	A			16th		Went backwards.
28/29	A			10th		Changed formation. Missed out on European qualification on last day.
29/30	A			5th		Dropped out of Champions League qualifying spot at the end, but still qualified for Europe for first time.
30/31	A			5th		Same position, same points. Reached S/F of Europa League
31/32	A			3rd		Champions League qualification. Europa League winners.
32/33	A			4th		Terrible second half league performance. CL Q/F, Won Copa Italia.
Edited by vikeologist

253348308_PalermoLogo2.thumb.jpg.657f307be3fc37c8841acf94e1d08edc.jpg

Season 2033 / 2034

6th in Serie A

League Table         Youth Intake          Transfer History

Another good season and EURO Cup qualification. But this time I'm very dissapointed as we looked to do alot better mid season.

Had a really bad period in March and April including 3 bad and long injuries in my attack.

This season confirm for me that I actually can win the leauge, but I need my attacking players to be more effective and consistent.

So far in Europe I have used as development really playing 2nd and 3rd choises. Will probably do that this season too and prioritise the leauge.

Youth intake was pretty decent again with Niccolo Lombardo being the most promising.

Experience from earlier intakes I get some players that show better potential later on. Got some more players this intake that I like but potential is low at the moment.

Already had a couple of players that have gone from 3 star potential to 5 star after a couple of years, and also the other way around.

GL ALL !!  :) 

20200201201358_1.thumb.jpg.2d1b42b97c7235b1af01c0d592e3ee71.jpg

XaW - Caersws - 2028/29

peEskM8h_400x400.jpg

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

So, the new season started and we got off to a flyer. In the first 8 matches we won 7 and drew once. Of course, we went into the top of the table, even if Bangor City and TNS had good starts as well. The three of us pulled away from the pack and by the time of the league split we were quite a bit a head of the rest. We followed each other then as well and with 5 matches left it looked like this:

9YpLO0z.png

So it was anyone's title to win. In the final match, were we faced TNS at home, we only needed a draw to stay ahead of them, but Bangor would have a chance of taking the title with a draw. However, a win for us would give us the title. TNS took the lead after 20 minutes, but we equalised just before half time. The 2nd half didn't provide any goals, so with the draw we stayed ahead of TNS. When I checked the scores, I saw that Bangor had drawn away to Aberystwyth, so the title was ours. Our first league win of the series and we are going into Champions League next season!

In the Welsh League Cup we lost to Port Talbot Town on pens in the 2nd round. In the Welsh Cup we beat Carmarthen Town before losing to Bangor City in the 4th round.

In the Irn-Bru cup we lost to Dumbarton in the 3rd round.

In the Europa Conference we started in the 1st qualifying round were we faced Skënderbeu Korçë of Albania, a team we also faced back in 2025. We beat them 5-0 away and controlled a 0-0 at home to go through. In the 2nd qualifying round we beat Slovenian outfit Maribor 1-0 and 2-0. In the 3rd qualification round we went to Iceland and beat Stjarnan 3-2 away. Losing 0-1 at home made us go through on away goals. In the 4th qualification round we had two narrow losses to Scottish Hibernian to get knocked out.

Here is our updated European tour map.

KBLm8D9.png

We had a pretty good youth intake this season, albeit not as good as the previous seasons. Rhys Chamberlain 29e seems like the most exciting talent.

The leading players this season have been Mitchell Morgans 25aNeil Jones 24g and Charlie Williamson 28h.

p6PwgWJ.png

2 hours ago, XaW said:

Well, to continue the above strangeness, we just did this:

s08Ermf.png

So yeah, either I'm a tactical genius or we've finally crossed a hurdle in regards to how well we play. I mean, we should not be able to do this, but I'll take it, of course!

Fantastic mate.  So now no excuse for not maxing out facilities.  :D

Just now, DazRTaylor said:

Fantastic mate.  So now no excuse for not maxing out facilities.  :D

Thanks, though, just after writing that post I got knocked out of the cup by a lower league team, so I guess there's up and downs for my team! :p

Also, the fact that we qualified for the CL group stage is not the only strange thing that happens.

This season the following teams are also in the CL group stage; Sligo Rovers, Akhmat, Rapid Wien and Vitesse. 

Sligo Rovers even have a chance of going through to the knockout rounds after beating Napoli 4-0!

QjEFI0h.png

IpEZhSx.png

NK Zadar: 2026/27 season review

A season to remember as we finally qualified for Europe! Silverware was almost within our grasp but lost once again in the Cup final. Looking forward to our adventures next season...

1776127560_TABLE27.thumb.png.4713a1889be7869f57db86fc56c98de4.png  1997108105_EUROPE27.thumb.png.10951498d4d1e6c2cf5605f819e18bd2.png  1669809419_CUP27.thumb.png.75f490c4790cd5b65a1945bb4933e3a7.png

Some fantastic performances from the squad as 8 players went on to acheive a season's rating of 7.00 or above. Top scorer was my 18 year old striker who is looking good for his age...

1741544379_SQUAD27.thumb.png.038644df640439e45d1d66f3329f3177.png   SIMIC 27.png

Youth intake promised to be a golden generation. It wasn't. I did have this nicely rounded striker come through...

982174492_YOUTH27.thumb.png.1d19554859485aa12ec0d09ae874b205.png   1728322173_YT27.thumb.png.758613bbe6ae62b742ee9c649db24be6.png

Transfers below. Decided that some of the old-timers needed to be shipped out as they were no longer getting game time and weren't needed for mentoring anymore.

1256777216_TRANSFERS27.thumb.png.96f5ede94cbf15df33a5a8844a8d04de.png

Training facilities remain the same. I've now got no fewer than 5 parent clubs that help the finances. In other news I was approached by Rijeka...

2007016161_PAR27.thumb.png.9e018bbeeaa166674098f482d8d53356.png   1466324037_JOB27.thumb.png.b9997f837bd8ef3794d88e5dc2d36743.png

image.thumb.png.15e5c4051d3d88e9c114f6e3aae6f158.png

Edited by grff

30 minutes ago, stephen_atk said:

Fancy giving this a go in France.  Before I do just wanted to check, at the start of the game I can select National 2 but it doesn't seem playable, so I assume I'm ok to start in National?

Yeah, I think so, it's the same in Norway and Romania (?).

Ah, I miss the days of struggling to meet the homegrown quota for European football :D

Anyway, I managed to be drawn against a minnow of Europe so went through comfortably...

image.thumb.png.d46db3eb0b94deab58805c03f6f29f13.png

I'm not sure now, either :Bowen:

ZKWbaSC.png

S.S.D. Latina Calcio 1932

Season 13 // Serie B

On The Pitch

Best season so far. Finally, we mad this 8th place and got in the promotion playoffs. Had no chance there, but just participating once is a sign of progress. The new tactic I established at the end of last season got some minor tweaks and worked very good.

Key Players

Mario Mone (05A): Like every year the best striker, but this season was a standout. 22 goals, the best goalscorer in the league.

Maurizio Cenci: With 29 my oldest player and had his best season since a long time. The new formation with two defensive mids helps him in his deep-lying playmaker role.

Hiromu Tanaka (07B): Our new first-choice goalkeeper. After a season out on loan I chose to promote him and he repayed me. He had a few bad games, but he improves. Voted second best goalkeeper in the league and I hope he will my number one for years to come.

Off The Pitch

We didn't get the promised stadium sponsorship money. Don't know if there's a bug (will post a report) or if that got canceled (was no message). So we have some financial problems. Luckily we had many clauses we could sell from the 100s of youth players the likes of Lazio, Roma, Frosinone and even clubs like Robur Siena are snatching up from our U16 every year. But next season will be a catastrophe.

A reason for that, is this. In the third season in a row, I don't present you any players here, because we had such a bad intake. Again: No players has more than 3 stars potential. I changed my Head Of Youth Development but that didn't help. Can't upgrade anything because the board will not allow it.

At the moment I am little bit frustrated, because I am bleeding dry without new players. It's the first time ever doing this challenge, even the first time ever playing FM that I get so many bad intakes in a row.

I don't know if it's because of my good player all getting snatched up in younger years (look at this one: 2 stars current, 4.5 stars potential ability – he's first-team-ready at the age of 15).

Next Season

Don't know what to expect. Another 8th place would be great, but with my squad getting smaller, no new players coming in, no money in the bank and every injury hurting is really bad, everything could happen.

Through The Seasons
Season Division League Pos. Playoffs Coppa Italia Coppa Italia di Serie C Europe Squad Best Goalscorer (Other) Key Player Intake Best New Prospect Team Of The Season Miscellaneous
2020/2021 Serie C Girone C 16th - - Group Stage, 2nd - Squad Federico Cardella - 6 Salvatore Ciulla Intake Carlo Di Mambro (01A) 4-3-2-1 National C Licence
2021/2022 Serie C Girone C 9th 1st Round 1st Qual. Round 2nd Round - Squad Luigi Fontana - 13 Luigi Fontana Intake Alessandro Colella (02A) 4-4-2 National B Licence, National A Licence, Youth and training facilities upgraded, Youth recruitment upgraded
2022/2023 Serie C Girone C 12th - - Qtr Final - Squad Luigi Fontana - 15 Fabio Fiori Intake Emanuele Esposito (03A) 4-4-2 Continental C Licence, Continental B Licence
2023/2024 Serie C Girone B 15th - 2nd Qual. Round 2nd Round - Squad Fabio Fiori - 16 Fabio Fiori Intake Angelo Polverini (04A) 4-4-2 Continental A Licence
2024/2025 Serie C Girone C 11th 1st Round 4th Qual. Round 1st Round - Squad Fabio Fiori - 16 Emanuele Esposito (03A) Intake Mario Mone (05A) 4-4-2 Continental Pro Licence, Training facilities downgraded
2025/2026 Serie C Girone C 4th Winner - Group Stage, 2nd - Squad Fabio Fiori - 24 Fabio Fiori Intake - 4-4-2 Promotion to Serie B
2026/2027 Serie B 13th - 3rd Qual. Round - - Squad Fabio Fiori - 20 Francesco Indelicato (03B) Intake Giuseppe Romani (07A) 3-4-3  
2027/2028 Serie B 13th - 3rd Qual. Round - - Squad Mario Mone (05A) - 18 Maurizio Cenci Intake Giulio Bizzaglia (08A) 3-4-3 Youth recruitment upgraded, Shared training facilites
2028/2029 Serie B 14th - First Round - - Squad Mario Mone (05A - 17 Mario Mone (05A) Intake Santi Tacconi (09A) 4-3-3 Improved Junior Coaching, Data Analysis facilities upgraded
2029/2030 Serie B 9th - 2nd Qual. Round - - Squad Mario Mone (05A) - 17 Andrea Lasalandra (05B) Intake Guglielmo Cerasaro (10A) 4-3-3 Improved Junior Coaching, Youth facilities upgraded
2030/2031 Serie B 13th - Quarter Final - - Squad Mario Mone (05A) - 17 Giuseppe Romani (07A) Intake - 4-3-3  
2031/2032 Serie B 11th - 3rd Qual. Round     Squad Mario Mone (05A) - 17 Fabio Petroni (03D) Intake - 4-3-3 board takeover (promotion from within with no investment)
2032/2033 Serie B 8th Preliminary Rd. 3rd Qual. Round     Squad Mario Mone (05A) - 22 Maurizio Cenci Intake - 4-2-2-2  

The Facilites
Year Training Data Analysis Youth Junior Youth R.
Start Below Average Poor Basic Fairly Basic Average
2021 Below Average Poor Basic Fairly Basic Average
2022 Adequate Poor Below Average Fairly Basic Adequate
2023 Adequate Poor Below Average Fairly Basic Adequate
2024 Adequate Poor Below Average Fairly Basic Adequate
2025 Below Average Poor Below Average Fairly Basic Adequate
2026 Below Average Poor Below Average Fairly Basic Adequate
2027 Below Average Poor Below Average Fairly Basic Adequate
2028 Good (Shared) Poor Below Average Fairly Basic Good
2029 Good (Shared) Basic Below Average Below Average Good
2030 Good (Shared) Basic Adequate Adequate Good
2031 Good (Shared) Basic Adequate Adequate Good
2032 Good (Shared) Basic Adequate Adequate Good
2033 Good (Shared) Basic Adequate Adequate Good

image.png.96420cf650761e691e2558be6f127549.png

2058/59 Annecy FC season review - French Ligue 1

The League

We started reasonably well and were in 10th place at the halfway stage. The second half of the season wasn't so great, but we finish in a safe and solid 12th place. This represented an improvement over the previous two seasons.

Marseille offered me an interview. A chance to join the best club in my game. I turned it down of course.

The Cup

At the 39th time of trying and in our 3rd final, we finally won a French Cup. We did it in style by destroying anyone we played. 23 goals for, 4 against.

We got quite lucky with the draw. We avoided all the elite teams, and only had to face two relatively weak League 1 teams. We also got 4 out of 5 home games leading up to the final.

This gets us back into Europe after three seasons with no European football.

The Players

Benjamin Bernard YP50a was our player of the season. He lead the scoring with 32 goals.

The trio of youngsters Sylvio Rimane, Zaid Neubronner and Daniele Vanacore look to be developing into real stars and the core of our next generation team. 

Eliott Bruneau YP58a looks to have the physical and mental qualities to also make the first team, so I threw him in as soon as he turned 16.

Ahmet Cinar saw the benefits of changing nationality by getting to go to the World Cup with Turkey in the off season.

Transfers

The redevelopment of the team continued. Four young players are improving. Tossavi, Callamand, Makengo and Cinar have a few more seasons left. We're basically only two key centrebacks and a bench away from having a competitive team again.

Edited by Fastbasher

tienen.jpg.a664bcc1850e8ac3630fe8df28b2ada4.jpg

Koninklijke Voetbal Klub Tienen-Hageland - 2037/38 Season - Belgian Pro League A

After finally reaching the top tier of Belgian football, I of course was concerned about getting relegated immediately. But we reached mid-table early on and stayed there, bouncing between about 7th to 10th. We finally ended up 10th after a weak final few games.

We actually came close to advancing in the European Places Playoff. If we had won our final game we would have advanced to the semi-finals. (The EPP is where the bottom 10 teams of League A and top 6 teams of League B battle for the right to compete for a spot in Euro Cup II).

table38.thumb.jpg.8ce0fc1e452aa96f535cb4d12a92d461.jpgsquad38.thumb.jpg.c7c456fac88bc51d36cd3247e027a1b1.jpg

The youth pulls have not been as strong the past couple of years but I think most (or at least some of that) is just due to having better players. I'm pretty sure my players now are much better than the guys I was producing when I started this save.

38youth.thumb.jpg.1cc8ca12b528675ed0f1a5f31a15e983.jpgtransfers38.thumb.jpg.46e9785512100a659f9a13f94e96544b.jpg

I sold off Christian Fox to Dortmund mainly for the money. Of course I am still basically broke, we must lose millions of dollars every year. I think the only way I will be able to improve my facilities anymore is when (or if) I get into Europe consistently. And I guess 425k is the amount of money a team must pay to just sign one of my youth players, that's how I lost Leo Hermans.

tienen38.thumb.jpg.1a1ab002539a0df741caef3cb179bcef.jpg

Edited by jstu9

Season 7 not finished yet but wanted to share this. we had a great champions league campaign and received +- 1.2 milj and a lot of gate receipts :

conceded late at Basel or i would have been in the last playoff for the Champions league. Winning against Slovan = Europa League group , losing is Conference league. I hope i can finish my season this week.

501076c44a064a516abd2bc3edb7527c.png

Edited by OlivierL

130866.png.dd49383dff63ca63221a5d18d07b6e6f.png

IR Reykjavik - 2026 (season 7) - youth intake

Preview :

0edcaa7091c4cfa62cecaef60d9972b4.png

Wide midfielders that could be retrained to wingbacks are welcome. i need a WBL and central defender in the near future.

The intake :

c3ec1d0fde62410cacf5b630e06e64b4.png

An average intake with two potential new wingbacks and a star striker. again not happy with the personalites that i received.

54ce9f5e610b314f5f7fe7d5c425ca97.png

i'll sign most of them.

Best prospects :

0f280f1fca669b27410e2cbdd66cfdfc.png

A good pressing forward option.

b165c59ef6144e8e9afe57f5f90f19c4.png

26b71fcf725669d2ef3095d8cd25ab4e.png

my future wingbacks ?

XaW - Caersws - 2029/30

peEskM8h_400x400.jpg

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

A new season, and this time as reigning champions. Unfortunately, TNS came back with a vengeance. They ran away early on, and left all in their wake. Behind them, we were part of the pack fighting for the rest of the European spots. TNS were simply uncatchable, as much as we tried to retake the title. We fought well, but were only able to secure the 2nd place on the final day.

In the Welsh League Cup we beat Caerau Ely before losing to Haverfordwest in the 3rd round. In the Welsh Cup we beat Prestatyn Town, Cardiff Met Uni, Port Talbot Town and Bangor City to reach the final. Here we faced TNS in a tight match where we ended as winners after a single first half goal.

In the Irn-Bru cup we lost to Falkirk in the 3rd round.

Now, for the big thing. Our first go in the Champions League, and I've already teased with a couple of screenshots, but here is the full story. And I have no idea how we did it, nor why the other teams allowed us to beat them. I got spanked by TNS in the league this season, so I don't think my counterattacking tactic is that good yet either. Anyway, we started in the 1st qualifying round were we drew Videoton of Hungary. A strong 3-3 draw away was followed up with a 1-1 draw at home to put us through on away goals. In the 2nd qualifying round we got Club Brugge of Belgium. I posted the amazing 2-2 draw away, before we somehow thumped them 3-0 at home. In the 3rd qualification round we faced my fellow Norwegians Rosenborg. We showed them real football when we somehow beat them 3-0 at home, before defending our way to a 1-0 loss in Trondheim. At that point I was elated, because even if we lost in the playoffs we would go into the Europa League group stage. Our opponent turned out to be Olympiakos of Greece. Down south we dominated at their ground and ran out winners 2-0. At home we controlled it to a 1-1 draw to go into the group stage of the Champions League. Simply amazing.

In the group stage we had a tough draw when we got Atlético Madrid of Spain, Juventus of Italy and Slavia Praha of Czechia. We got thumped in both matches against the former teams, including a 10-1 loss away to Atlético. Against Slavia Praha we lost at home, but managed to sneak in a 2-1 win in Prague, but we still lost out on the 3rd place and finished bottom. Still, this did wonders for our finances and I've gotten approved improvements including all facilities to be completed some time next season.

Here is our updated European tour map. Now, a bit expanded.

Rstxaho.png

We had another pretty good youth intake this season. The most promising ones are Evan Evans 30i and Richard Williams 30d.

The leading players this season have been Cameron Jenkinson 27b (who are refusing to sign a new contract!), Charlie Williamson 28h and Karl Evans 27i.

2jqWrrA.png

due to it taking me 20 minutes to upload screenshots, forgot to post small write up so here it is....

was going to run with a french team when game came out but had to leave town and just got back. wanted to try a league i never managed in so picked Serbia. noticed this team had the 3rd or 4th biggest staduim in Serbia so went with OFK Beograd.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb OlivierL:

U really have bad luck, nobody poached any of my players and i produced a few semi wonderkids.

At least Leeds is poaching only bad players from @XaW

I am losing sometimes 5-6 players a season, most of them with 4 or 5 stars potential...

9 minutes ago, Kazushi80 said:

At least Leeds is poaching only bad players from @XaW

I am losing sometimes 5-6 players a season, most of them with 4 or 5 stars potential...

To be fair, that's the first time I've seen anyone with a gold star, usually it's 5 silver stars... No clue how good he is, but I always check if they have come through when the intake is and put them on my shortlist. So far, none have made it anywhere else than the Welsh lower leagues...

vor 11 Minuten schrieb XaW:

To be fair, that's the first time I've seen anyone with a gold star, usually it's 5 silver stars... No clue how good he is, but I always check if they have come through when the intake is and put them on my shortlist. So far, none have made it anywhere else than the Welsh lower leagues...

A lot of my players became really good for my standards, but every time the same happens: Lazio or AS Roma are loaning them out several times to Serie B or lower Serie A teams, they are playing first team there, but after 3 or 4 loans Lazio/Roma are letting them go for free (even their are worth a few millions), so i miss out on the money. Very frustrating.

The thing about suddenly making money, everyone wants a piece of it. First we have the directors...

7UH5jdL.png

Yeah, that money really came because YOU did a great job. You didn't even hire me! The last board did that!

But alright, we have our versions of the Glazers. However, that's not all folks! The government also think they did an excellent job getting the club into the CL groups.

MHLPiVw.png

So yeah... We made about £15m from the CL run, and now I've lost about half already.  What have the club gotten out of it? Improved training facilities for a whooping £900k...

congrats @Jaketomsett And in such a short time, that's impressive....

On my save i am still making close to zero progress. After playing 13.5 season I lost for the first time a good player (which says everything you need to know about the quality of my intakes). My goalkeeper left for 2.5 Million Euros (had a release clause) and plays now Serie A. That's still a long way for me and it doesn't look like we get reinforcements. I am happy that the newest intakes has at least a player with 3.5 stars potential instead of 3 stars maximum like last year...

2h6mwuO.jpg

NK Zadar: 2027/28 season review

Well that was a bizarre season :D Couldn't buy a win in the league most of the time, whereas we managed to get all the way to the Conference League final, achieving some crazy results on the way.

509983177_TABLE28.thumb.png.ba6626cfd086bc9fd5a0ae4e0a867448.png  240978945_EUROGRP28.thumb.png.b200070e440c97e99f276c34e72d494e.png  

376150858_EUROGRP28.thumb.png.e4d61dda132abc242b79a3e5c872bd45.png

No real standout performances this season, which summed up a poor domestic season. I resisted a £14m bid from Milan for our young striker.

1382246831_SQUAD28.thumb.png.c3226fd607059f0c93a12251d46fea99.png   88779714_ZAPER28.thumb.png.48cf575c296b67ac96276a962e5f9cf6.png

Youth intake was very ordinary. We could really do with a keeper coming through soon as our number one is almost 34yo.

467422100_YOUTH28.thumb.png.62c947414050572d142c0f1965a4ece0.png

Transfers below. Shipped out a few players that weren't going to break into the first team, mostly 22 year olds.

2721217_TRANSFERS28.thumb.png.865c488ac200c515f0d41b1fbecde48f.png

Training and youth facilities are to be upgraded thanks to £6m+ of Conference League prize money. Our attendances in Europe also went through the roof.

877844306_ATT28.thumb.png.88012ec6eaec4eac519ab5f7f696649e.png

image.thumb.png.447a03cfbfb472003f96d7d195edeb3a.png

2984.png?lm=1427999044

Aigaleo FC - Season 2020-2021

My first season of the challenge is complete! I inherited quite a good squad overall, in fact one of the best in the division! Unfortunately many of my key players are over 30 years old and heading towards the twilight of their careers, so...good thing this is a youth challenge!  I inherited computer generated youth players (labelled YPOxxx), and a few of them even featured in the first team. The most promising youngsters are a right back Stathis Pitsinos and a forward Panagiotis Kalamakis

The season started brightly with us taking an early lead in the table. As the season went on, we started to fall apart a bit and fell back into the pack. The Greek Leagues play a split season - you play 22 games a full league, then split into a top half and bottom half battling for promotion or relegation. We ended up 3rd in the first half of the season. We started the champions group in poor form, but had a late surge and  ended up in second place! This qualified us for a playoff against the second worst team from the Greek Super League, which we easily won. Ironically, they were much easier opponents then our opponents in the champion group. 

The youngsters who were involved acquitted themselves well. In addition, our U19 won their league! Our player of the season was a 34 year old center back, Gotovos. We were able to re-sign the majority of our ageing squad for next year, and hope to fight hard against relegation. If we do somehow survive, ongoing survival is going to be tougher each year. Our first youth intake was pretty dire. Lots of poor personalities and no great outfield prospects. Our two highest rated prospects were both goalkeepers; not glamorous, but we do have a 34 year old first choice keeper who will soon need to be replaced I expect. 

Transfers

League Table:

c2004a00b9e0d1970c81d1917115cc52.png

Fixtures at end of season:

3961d90326f8bdc1554e1b01de57bb48.png

Youth Intake:

b1a0c6df4eb8cc3a988f748f3dca6a0f.png

Player of the season:

860f5a54db11f9d415c176fc14eed7bf.png

Onwards and upwards!

Edited by dervinus

1951.png.d60e96fde5b04d2c5a2f3a83675840f6.png

OFK Beograd  Season 1 (2020/2021) Prva liga Srbije

The first season started out very shaky when in my first week on job i upset a player and got 75 percent of my team mad at me. we started losing and it snow balled almost to the point of getting fired but I and the team rebounded and started making headway. We lost early in the cup (1st match) and lost 6 matches in a row. Things started to turn around after that and pushed ourselves up into the mid card by the half way point.  ended the season in 9th, just before the league went into the final stage of two groups of 8 teams each. I finished 9th and was put in the 2nd group, assuring me the best i could finish was 9th and thats where we finished. all in all was a very good opening season and am looking forward to the next.

222442769_seasonreview.thumb.png.b96e1d49992a00f9018d2ae382129346.pngmanager.thumb.png.90a7a305d7bdff38a878d6be92865c18.pngsquad.thumb.png.2dfe912082bbaf90dfd25ae51ec55821.pngstandings.thumb.png.93f56c1385a1a020f8af06a6157e46bc.pngstats.thumb.png.4c0f5302dcd99ab7fdb6fd8e84ee6dfe.pngtransfers.thumb.png.7baf406054d8ed4c0a5e3ed64f6030e6.png

YOUTH INTAKE

937270099_youthintake.thumb.png.8c9ac7cbfe969133b6110c24b920b592.png

Edited by Ross Ingersoll