The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

2984.png?lm=1427999044

Aigaleo Season 2021-2022 and 2022-2023

Unfortunately things did not end up going well in my save in Greece. We were promoted to the Super League at the end of the first season, probably prematurely. We struggle mightily in the top flight, and had no way of competing with teams spending tens of millions on transfers. Our first season in the top flight ended up with us playing in, and winning the relegation playoff. Our second season ended up only slightly better, with us avoiding relegation outright. Unfortunately, my board made a very weird decision and sacked me at the end of the season despite me fulfilling our objectives! I played tons of youth team members throughout the season, including my starting goalkeeper! This must be a bug of some sort. Nonetheless, here ends my adventure in Greece.

8e5d94a9d3754e8c5bbcb88f200f8471.png

b22a82ace74d331482c354e389329159.png

On to new horizons on the outskirts of Europe...

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, dervinus said:

2984.png?lm=1427999044

Unfortunately things did not end up going well in my save in Greece. We were promoted to the Super League at the end of the first season, probably prematurely. We struggle mightily in the top flight, and had no way of competing with teams spending tens of millions on transfers. Our first season in the top flight ended up with us playing in, and winning the relegation playoff. Our second season ended up only slightly better, with us avoiding relegation outright. Unfortunately, my board made a very weird decision and sacked me at the end of the season despite me fulfilling our objectives! I played tons of youth team members throughout the season, including my starting goalkeeper! This must be a bug of some sort. Nonetheless, here ends my adventure in Greece.

What a strange sacking! Seems like you did really well, far better than what could be expected. 

20 hours ago, Ross Ingersoll said:

they arent bad at all, do have one loan out but thats only for about 29k.

Very strange situation. Might be a bug. Only other thing I could think off is that expansion requires more funds. But I thought in FM clubs will take on debt quite easily.

19 hours ago, jepze said:

I'm just beginning my journey :)

Matlock to the prem!

Good luck on your journey!

13 hours ago, dervinus said:

On to new horizons on the outskirts of Europe...

Wow, I would be so pissed. Guess there's nothing you can do about it. Looking forward to reading your Israel adventure tho :)

1951.png.a096aba4d971ba2e49adf73d1a89f44d.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Season 2024/2025

Slowly but surely we are getting up the table year by year. Finishing 5th this season is our best so far. Our best player Boris Maric appears to be heading out the door but with a good number of young guys just about ready, the future is bright. For the first time we actually made money this season , perhaps that will enable us to slowly upgrade our facilities

Another failed cup run as we once again lose in the second round , not much to say about the cup matches since we lost so early.

Youth intake added a couple strikers for the future. looking forward to watching them develop

I am seriously considering selling a few players. good players however they are all mid 20's and blocking youth from getting valuable playing time who have better upside

badge.thumb.jpg.8baf7f031cbe5c4939e4f76fd3448d5a.jpg

Season Update 2020/21 > January Progress

Thanks for reading my first post lads & lassies,

In pre-season we moved quickly to sign star midfielder Eliot Richards on a new deal, because clubs where sniffing around him, much like dogs when you enter a stranger’s home.
Then we signed up one of the best HoYDs I could find in Luther Blissett. I’m expecting some good personalities this intake with him at the wheel.

To make things a bit controversial I organized a yearly ‘fundraiser’. (Basically I made a league and put some high-reputation teams in it to generate money.)
I read earlier in this thread that one league per year is considered fair. I will make use of it since I don’t have much free time to use to play this game to wait for that one magical cup run where you face Man Utd away from home.
However, if finances are looking good at the end of the season, the yearly fundraiser will be ‘cancelled’ just to keep things fair. In my book, good finances mean that we are predicted to be in the black one year from now.

In truth though, we didn’t do too badly in the fundraiser, almost finishing potentially second if we scored one more goal. It netted us around 300,000 euro.
Further helping the finances a tad bit, we sold 104 season tickets. I’m hoping we can increase that number as soon as possible and don’t stagnate too much.

Mister Jarod started his first coaching course, which he completed a few months later. Place your bets on when he will get a higher reputation rating than the ass. man 😉
In September, we were able to push for both an increased academy coaching level and a senior affiliate – we got Peterborough, which nets us a smooth 15,000 a year.

Then one of most magical events of the year happened. No, not the youth intake… the youth intake preview. Lame name tbh.

980231461_12-Copy.thumb.png.1fd39ad52fad8d072103257da58111ce.png

Ehhh... Apart from it saying we won’t get any good AMC’s through I’m really happy with the above screen actually.
Some actual magic happened when the board gave permission to upgrade youth facilities and training facilities. (Not gonna lie I accidentally triggered the upgraded youth facilities by asking for a higher youth level.)

Happy virtual new year guys. It’s the second of January and our 4-2-3-1 pressing tactic has worked wonders as we’re in 8th, just below the playoff spots.

467337398_15-Copy.thumb.png.f8a95f65753606c784c9973aa75cf199.png

Wonder how League Two level Lee Lucas stayed with us. He refused to even negotiate a deal, but stayed on his amateur deal, despite interest from League Two clubs. He helped us a ton to achieve this position.
He also shows his massive influence on our dynamics screen, squad screen and tactics. Although it’s not enough for the bookies to reckon we won't finish 24th out of 24 teams :(

Next update coming soon, including the youth intake! :D
Meanwhile I'm thinking we will drop down the table as other teams are improving while we can't sign anyone...

1659007932_sete34.png.53134e032d779a5ff78e7dcba21fc38d.png

FC Sete 34 Takeover

The first French club to win the league and cup double, FC Sete 34 has fallen down the French football pyramid and start the 2019-20 in the 4th tier.  After a third place finish in the National 2-Group C, they were promoted back into the National division for the 2020-21 season.  This is where Emmanuel Arnaud comes in as the new manager.

1880585515_FootballManager20202_11_20209_00_27PM.thumb.png.8ccec3eed7a28699a752b072ce3b0502.png

1967106322_FootballManager20202_11_202010_07_18PM.thumb.png.694bbfcae3709a88959f6c952d1a2de8.png

Board ambitions: LOW

751270992_FootballManager20202_11_20209_12_02PM.thumb.png.245ec7e069e3dc36e25495cf515c84fc.png

Finances: GOOD

1142818429_FootballManager20202_11_20209_14_01PM.thumb.png.461a0306c86ab6299b150c0f1ca9f2e4.png

1997507476_PalermoLogo2.thumb.jpg.2b8b0f2f5a380919f0a37d0aa0a0e8cd.jpg

Season 2035 / 2036

2nd in Serie A  on goal difference :seagull: 

League Table       Squad        Youth Intake       Transfer History

Another great season for me !! Losing the leauge title on goal difference sucks but I feel the leauge win will come eventually.

Have done some small changes to my tactic this season to to try involve my striker abit more. So far it has worked as I hoped.

Qualified for the 1st knockout round in Champions Leauge. Played Liverpool and got knocked out 3-0 on aggregate.

Winning the Champions Leauge will be a big mountain to climb. The quality of the players on the top teams are just crazy. But hopefully I can outplay them tactically.

Youth intake was disappointing ! Have been 5 seasons since I got a good one. But got one players that probably will be in the senior squad in the future - Daniele Coscia

GL ALL !! :) 

20200212092119_1.thumb.jpg.d9cd6a333205c2bf2c9c080a18dafb50.jpg

NK Zadar: 2031/32 season review

Another season of two halves as we started off terribly in the league, before finding some consistency after the winter break to secure a sixth place finish. Our European Conference campaign ended in the first knockout round after an heartbreaking away goals defeat to Galatasaray.

704722653_TABLE32.thumb.png.57d1d005e38c45ce8a14c69299e49b42.png

Not many players were able to attain a 7.00+ rating. My main striker did set a new goalscoring record for season goals.

1476908425_SQUAD32.thumb.png.caf073e1458fca640158b940ece5dced.png

Youth intake was pretty average, which was disappointing when taking into account the quality of the youth set-up/facilities. Our best youth prospect from last season was stolen by Napoli. We did receive £500k+ in compo.

1234793366_YOUTH32.thumb.png.10e7e180ff7d75bd7b6437fa6f99da81.png   1614785244_TRANSFER32.thumb.png.c17cb9166e9063868669e0bde6277c80.png

Facilities are now at a very good standard. The Simic transfer money has stretched a long way. Incidently, Liverpool didn't play Simic in a single game and lost him on a bosman to Schalke :idiot:

image.thumb.png.5ddb058293f1c6262076d1cacd68672c.png

972524657_160px-US_Citt_di_Palermo_Logo_svg.png.5f88b51f50e5919935660f4476200703.png

Palermo Season 2027/28 Review Serie B

LeagueMuch better than last season, a tweak in our system made us tighter at the back which covered for the lack of goals scored. Only 30 conceded over the season but only 45 scored, our 2 young forards continue to struggle with one even going 24 games without a goal (and only scoring 3 all season) so goals came from the wide men who both hit double figures. We drew lots of games (lots of them 0-0) but it did mean we never dropped into any kind of battle at the bottom, in fact we even topped the table for a couple of games at end of September. In the end we finished 8th which meant we qualified for playoffs. In the first game we were away to Liverno, a late winner from Pistone saw us win 1-0 and through to the semi final vs Juve Stabia. Fist leg at home was a crazy game that ended 3-3 meaning we had to win away (no away goals but the higher placed side goes through in drawn ties) we took and early lead but 2 goals in 3 minutes from them gave the lead, we chased the game but never got back into it and were out. A shame but we're so not ready for the top flight yet. 

CupBeat a side from the league below and lost to one from the league above. We've yet to win more than 1 game a season in this cup 

TransfersLost both keepers on summer deadline day. I had planned to lose Italy U21 keeper Medicino becasue he had 12 months left & didn't want to sign but we never got a good deal so was prepared to keep him for the season when French club Angers came in with a big offer the board accepted (I would have anyway) I was OK with that as I had been grooming Manini YP05D for 2 seasons to take over, clubs started sniffing around him during summer so I stuck a 2m tag on hoping to scare people off. Right after the Medicino sale Genoa offered 1.7m & again board said yes (with no chance to protest) we then lost out best DM for his buyout clause on Jan deadline day but we made some good money this season.

SquadAll are leading Serie C players with a couple good B players so I think they overachieved. Special mention to Santo Picone though, came through during the holiday season but has been someone I've stuck by as his attributes suggested he should be very good for our level but in his first 5 seasons he had 8 goals and 1 assist! Last 3 seasons he has 15 assists and 25 goals. Our reward for keeping faith.

FinancesNot the best but would have been much worse without our sales. The trouble is we don't really have anyone that will fetch good money left to sell this summer so I expect this to get worse in next 12 months

Youth Intakebetter than last year with 3 tagged. I have changed my HOYD at the end of this season so am interested at what comes through next season and beyond

Gaspare Dall'Ogilo YP08A - exciting wide man, would be an ideal replacement for Picone as my IF on the right but has loads of clubs sniffing around and won't even talk about a contract :( 
Francesco Rinaudo YP08B - GK, needed after the summer sales
Pietro Errera YP08C - could cover a couple roles in my midfield 3

Career Overview

Year		League		Position	Youth Coaching		Youth Recruitment 	Notes
2020/21		Serie C		9th 		Adequate		Adequate		Lost in 1st round of playoffs
2021/22		Serie C		5th 		Adequate		Adequate		Lost in 3rd round of playoffs, got 1st coaching badge, won manager of the season
2022/23		Serie C		3rd 		Adequate		Adequate		Promotion through playoffs, 2nd coaching badge, manager of the year again 
2023/24		Serie B		14th 		Adequate		Adequate
2024/25		Serie B		12th 		Good			Good			3rd coaching badge and youth coaching/recruitment upgrades
2025/26		Serie B		6th 		Excellent		Excellent		Lost first round of playoffs, youth coaching/recruitment upgrades 
2026/27		Serie B		15th 		Excellent		Excellent
2027/28		Serie B		8th 		Excellent		Excellent		Lost in playoff semi finals

6 hours ago, darren1983 said:

Gaspare Dall'Ogilo YP08A - exciting wide man, would be an ideal replacement for Picone as my IF on the right but has loads of clubs sniffing around and won't even talk about a contract :( 

Manged to get him to sign a deal but then on transfer deadline day my board, of course, sell him for 350k rising to 975k. Which is good money for a 16 year old but I was excited about him :( 

badge.thumb.jpg.b321303dfd7bbbb49dae8aa38545d236.jpg

Season Update 2020/21 > Youth Intake

It's the most exciting time of the year - the youth intake is around the corner!

From where we left off last time we managed to snap up a deal with Sunderland, sadly having to replace Peterborough in the process.
Our man Jarod also signed a new deal. We put him on lower wages to help to club out financially. I won't be dropping it a lot more below this 230 per week to keep some job security.
Our main man Lee Lucas is still with us somehow, being as important as ever in the middle of the pitch. He rejected the only offer he's had, from Fylde.

We also seem to have found a new top striker in Jamie Veale, who's growing quite well and putting in a 7.16 average rating in all competitions combined.
The man was also partially responsible for - spoiler - firing us into the playoff spots, but the season is still ongoing. We can only wonder how long it will last as the media still considers us the worst team in the division.
However, the result had us pick up what I believe in Jarod's first award in the shape of the manager of the month title for March.

Then for what we've waited so long, the youth intake:

1943575789_3-Copy.thumb.png.9e937b0799ef210e090bd5be45fc7614.png

These youngsters got off to a promising start by beating my U18's team and there's some players there that will surely be integrated into the first team ASAP.

My personal top 3 considering the team we have are:
1) Adam Dukes (21i) - Special talent with a Model Citizen personality. Already someone who can serve as a rotational option from the get-go.
2) Geraint Brown (21c) - We desperately needed a CB as we only have two real ones. Geraint should solve that issue adaptly , although he has only a balanced personality and lacks technical skills.
3) John Barlow (21g) - While we have not lacked players in the MC position, John looks like a decent talent with that great Resolute personality. A bit of growth and he will overtake the average players running around in my BWM spot in a few months.

The top 3 together in an image for quick viewing:

2137863534_3profilesinarow.thumb.png.ff469d6df169017621b02fd4ab9f10b8.png

Complete overview of all the other youth intake players:

Is this intake good enough to improve our team this season? Not really. Maybe not even next season. But I'm sure the season after they can make a real impact. Main concern is keeping our job in the meantime :p

My next post will be the end of season review. Everyone good luck on their saves! Let me know which player of this intake you think is most promising :D

Edited by Crayam99x

badge.thumb.jpg.1d397c8f23a101a589b432b5221dc92b.jpg

Season Update 2020/21 > End of Season Review
League Table | Squad | Finances | TransfersManager Characteristics / Attributes | Facilities | Staff

I didn't expect it but it turns out I'm good enough (or probably lucky enough) to survive at least one season of this challenge. Let's take a look at what happened this season.

We start on April 18th. The club is sitting in 6th place. Top 7 guarantees playoffs. There is one game left in the season. Can be do it? Can we clinch a playoff spot?

1505634434_2-Copy.thumb.png.0bede303d5e55cba2ce94e131c66ab7c.png

Nope. Honestly I didn't want to be promoted this season, but that final result is really disappointing.
This leads us to the end of season inbox messages. See the End of Season rewardsSeason reviewClub visions updateDynamics and Injury Report if you wish by clicking on the links.
Notable stuff to talk about is that our two top strikers ended up joint club top goal scorers. Our second best player Eliot Richards was named as having the most assists (also of the entire league) with a whopping 22.

Midfield maestro Eliot Richards also signed a new contract as his previous deal was expiring.
A few days later we received confirmation of upgraded youth facilities. Sadly, due to finances, the training facilities upgrade has been cancelled.
To end things on a positive note, Jarod won his first Manager of the Season award. What a great achievement ;)

Performance summary:

26.thumb.png.49119546f4e762d66b7daebc439bf473.png

Next post will be a 2021/22 Pre-season + January update combined in one to try to speed things up a tad bit.

Edited by Crayam99x

Fantastic progress by all of you. Great to read.

I have resumed the save after a break, and in the summer break after acchieving promotion to the Danske Bank Premiership in Northern Ireland with Belfast Celtic, I accidentally found out, that I am now able to offer part time contracts to my players. This is an actual lifesaver for me, and I am hoping that I can tie down my best players on lasting contracts.

This will definitely minimize the stress going forward and allow us to plan further ahead than what we have previously been able to, now that our players are beginning to attract interest from other clubs.

And my best midfielder, and arguably most important player, Steve O'Sullivan just signed the clubs first part time contract, tying him to the club for the next two seasons.

We fought off a bid from next season competitors Newry City AFC.

This is indeed great news for our coming bid to stay in the Danske Bank Premiership.

20200215001043_11812703568d107d9.jpg

Edit:

And my top goalscorer Jimmy Keogh also just signed a two year part time contract.

His contribution and importance to our current success is clear when looking at his career stats. Fantastic. And imperative for our future development.

20200215002251_110073d4d7a7ea96f.jpg

20200215002237_1b3808e14cd3729bb.jpg

Edited by andershs

Ironi_tiberias.png

IRONI TIBERIAS FC (ISRAELI NATIONAL DIVISION) 2020-2021

First year playing in the new save and new league. Inherited quite a good squad overall, though lacking in depth on the wings. I adapted a 3-5-2 formation and it worked wonders in the 2nd tier of Israeli football. We surpassed all expectations and got promoted at the first shot. Youth intake was overall pretty barren, but I did inherit a few promising wingers which I desperately needed going forward. 

Final Table: 

3539eb53939f71ad5b36a745f372687c.png

Our top player: 37 year old Shalom Akiva. Unfortunately I could not persuade him to stay along for another year, as he was clearly above the level of the 2nd tier.

474323871dc9512b216faef0de513b47.png

Youth Intake:

1a3f65c08c8b2706697a9f5b116e4364.png

And a preview of life in the top division....obviously things have NOT been going well and I think I might be lucky to survive my job if we drop. 

72859080caf3f04bebc685f77f9c6dbd.png

8 hours ago, andershs said:

And my top goalscorer Jimmy Keogh also just signed a two year part time contract.

His contribution and importance to our current success is clear when looking at his career stats. Fantastic. And imperative for our future development.

Wow, thats a really solid striker newgen for that level. Can I take yours? So far no strikers with finishing coming through my academy, just pressing forwards. :(

6 hours ago, dervinus said:

We did become quite financially sound though during our brief stay in the top flight

1fa26e5021e976d65eaf994fd74b4404.png

Congrats on the promotion and the financial windfall during that season in the top flight. Should be able to push your academy coaching and youth recruitment up a notch I hope. Keep us up to date on your story :D

Edited by Crayam99x

JZB0NZb.png

TSV Havelse | Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances | Season 2025/26 (6th Season)

Season Review:

Before the start of the season, we were predicted to finish the league at the rock bottom of the table and it turned out that the bookies were right with this prediction.  We did start the season fairly good as we collected 12 points from the first 8 games and if we would continue to play in this rhythm we would easily secure survival. After this promising start of the season, we were starting to really struggle in matches as some of our top players got injured. From this point on all went south and issues were getting bigger and bigger.

To get even worse then came a winter transfer window where this happened…

Kx87LuV.png      prCMuyL.png

WSYUABM.png      WxR5ML0.png

Despite our stable finances, the board decided to sell two of the biggest (and best) players we had in the team. The price we received for them was ridiculously low and we could easily get a far bigger amount of money to our account. Besides the loss of these two players board accepted also offer from Dynamo Dresden for our best youth prospect Matthias Altmeier. With the sale of the two best defenders in the team, our options for survival got even worse and we finished a season in the last place of the table with only 19 points from 34 games.

Finances:

The most positive thing about playing in the 2. Bundesliga are finances as we got 7,8 Mio € at the end of the season. Our board immediately decided to build a new stadium closer to our home ground and they accepted my proposal to improve the youth academy facilities. With the money we have in our bank account I see a bright future and I believe we will be able to further improve our facilities.

F19bJV0.png

Youth Academy:

The youth intake was good as we got some youths that will be able to play a big part in the future of the club:

• Jörg Ruhani, CD which is an addition that is more than welcome because we are lacking players on this position
  • Boris Bönisch, WB that will be retrained to play on a W position
  • Fabian Henze, ST with some good technical skills

Aim for next Season:

It turned out that the promotion to 2. Bundesliga in the previous season was a step too far for this young team and in the next season, we will play the 3. Liga again. I think that's the good thing as we simply don't have enough quality to play in the 2nd tier of German football at this point in our journey. I must admit that this is the first relegation in my 12 years of playing Football Manager and that's why I love this challenge even more. Despite all bad decisions from the board and struggles in this season I'm really enjoying this save and I think that in the next season we will get back on track.

Edited by uroszila

image.png.96420cf650761e691e2558be6f127549.png

2059/60 Annecy FC season review - Ligue 1

The League

Our new generation continued to improve. They climbed to an outstanding 4th position.

We did lose 1-2 to Lyon in the quarterfinal of the French Cup, but got revenge against them in the league with a 4-1 home win in the 3rd to last league game that pretty much assured us 4th place and a return to the Champions Cup.

Europe

We managed to win our second Euro Cup by beating Nantes 3-1 in the final. This really is a second rate competition in this game. The only real competition is from the other French teams. All three made the semifinals. Nantes knocked out Lyon in their semi.

This means Ligue 1 and the French Cup are now stronger competitions than the Euro Cup in my game.

The top 4 French teams have been dominating the Champions Cup for decades.

The Players

Benjamin Bernard YP45a broke Bryan Pham Ba's single season scoring records with 38 league goals and 51 goals overall. He won the Ligue 1 player of the season and came runner up in the 2059 French player of the year award.

Sylvio Rimane YP55a also cemented his place as a leading striker, with 28 goals. He won the 2059 European Golden Boy and World U21 Footballer of the year awards.

Pierre Girard YP40d retired after playing 764 games for us at left back or centre back. He played a further 44 games while out on loan in his youth.

Florian Dupuis YP41d also retired after playing 626 games for us, mostly off the bench in a variety of positions.

Transfers

image.thumb.png.0c19e84659d4989d448d25b2065d2917.png

Edited by Fastbasher

NK Zadar: 2032/33 season review

We made real progress this season by achieving 3rd place, our best finish so far in the challenge. Frontrunners Dinamo are still the team to catch and it will take some doing. Next season will bring domestic and European football so I'm hoping we can cope with the fixture congestion.

1863207176_TABLE33.thumb.png.198e25f79dabcc29140a4e316dbc3ebd.png

A number of players put in consistent numbers in across the duration of the season which was very pleasing.

826977662_SQUAD33.thumb.png.a47f7fd80e06aa48fd1ddd9cb8057490.png

Youth intake landed us with a couple of promising strikers, which I know seem to be stockpiling. This midfield beauty did come through which shows promise...

1975347631_YOUTH33.thumb.png.388740b25f879570239d60ba61b8edd1.png   529250051_YT33.thumb.png.0654b31a55ad3a63b94a3e2ee5033af2.png

Nothing to report on the transfer front. A number of clubs tried to pinch newly promoted youth players but I was able to secure them on pro contracts.

47456398_TRANSFERS33.thumb.png.eec61b87375063b6018e9ce0239197a4.png

Facilities have been boosted again, draining pretty much all of our bank balance. I'm hoping the European Conference campaign can bring in some much needed revenue.

image.thumb.png.8ba5b968e8a745968e50dd8311c823bc.png

Entering the final parts of the season now, and I think I've played all matches against TNS that I possibly can this season, and we are REALLY equal...

KHNhD4z.png

No match have ended outside a draw, and 3 times we have had pens to separate us in various cups. Madness. And in case anyone is wondering, this is the historical head-to-head table.

zjgVCqq.png

Oh, and...

XzwjBBH.png

Edited by XaW

50 minutes ago, XaW said:

Entering the final parts of the season now, and I think I've played all matches against TNS that I possibly can this season, and we are REALLY equal...

KHNhD4z.png

No match have ended outside a draw, and 3 times we have had pens to separate us in various cups. Madness. And in case anyone is wondering, this is the historical head-to-head table.

zjgVCqq.png

Oh, and...

XzwjBBH.png

17-0!!! What kind of stats does Anthony Williams have?

4 minutes ago, dervinus said:

17-0!!! What kind of stats does Anthony Williams have?

Yeah, a bit of a special one that match.

Williams is a good player, never played in Britain. Came through the PSG academy before moving to Juventus, then Roma, and currently playing for Fiorentina.

ifeW1Cw.png

Troy Hooper is probably the best Welsh player currently though.

bdsl8tl.png

The other notable on is Ritson Peate.

7laXXl1.png

XaW - Caersws - 2032/33

peEskM8h_400x400.jpg

A very strange season as both we and TNS went unbeaten in the league. I posted all matches between us above, and the only difference were that they drew a couple of times more than us against the rest of the pack. Both teams also went quite far in Europe, so we both had load of matches less played than the rest. Only Aberystwith Town were within half our point total. So even though we are a lot better than the majority of the league, we are still challenged by TNS.

In the Welsh League Cup we beat Colwyn Bay, Carmarthen Town, Gap Connah's Quay and Aberystwyth Town to reach the final. Here we beat TNS on pens to win it. In the Welsh Cup we beat Rhayader, Caernarfon, TNS and Barry Town to reach the final. There we beat Carmarthen Town after extra time to complete our 2nd domestic clean sweep.

In the Irn-Bru cup we beat Dartford and St Patrick's Athletic before losing to TNS on pens in the quarter final.

We were back in the Champions League and this time we started in the 2nd qualification round against Legia Warzawa of Poland. We beat them in both legs to go to the 3rd qualification round vs FC Midtjylland of Denmark. They got crushed away before we controlled at home to go past them. In the playoff we faced Sligo Rovers of Ireland. They proved a hard opponent and we barely edged past them into the group stage.

Once again we got a really tough group when we drew Roma of Italy, Barcelona of Spain and Lyon of France. This time we rarely got crushed, and rather had close calls, but still lost most. The only match we got anything from was when we beat Lyon in the final match after we were already knocked out.

An updated map, now including France, Poland and Ireland.

eRmrGQZ.png

The youth intake this season were good this season around. The three I'd point out are Matthew Jones 33aAdam Jones 33d and Josh Roberts 33e.

The leading players this season have been Lewis Williams 28gChris Williams 31e and Evan Evans 30i.

ihCwTJS.png

392237228_PalermoLogo2.thumb.jpg.b2fa7b27f0b1fb82be07b3c5581731a2.jpg

Season 2036 / 2037

3rd in Serie A

League Table             Youth Intake             Transfer History

Great season again still fighting in the top of the table. Too many bad results and performance against low-mid table teams prevents me from doing even better.

In Champions Leauge I was alot more competetive. Winning my group and reaching Quarter final loosing on away goals against Barcelona.

Youth Intake was at most decent as it has been the last 6 seasons. Roberto De Angeli looks like a possible future first team player.

Getting rid of 4 players that have been with me from the first couple of intakes. They could still be useful but had several talks with them about them considering leaving because they want a new challenge.

Their age and lack of motivation made the decision easy. So we will get some fresh faces in the senior squad that hopefully will contribute and improve the squad.

GL ALL !! :) 

20200215193759_1.thumb.jpg.0c1439d0cacb8a9e862f02fd519be174.jpg

7 hours ago, Fastbasher said:

image.png.96420cf650761e691e2558be6f127549.png

2059/60 Annecy FC season review - Ligue 1

The League

Our new generation continued to improve. They climbed to an outstanding 4th position.

We did lose 1-2 to Lyon in the quarterfinal of the French Cup, but got revenge against them in the league with a 4-1 home win in the 3rd to last league game that pretty much assured us 4th place and a return to the Champions Cup.

I don't know if it's just me but I literally cannot see any images you ever posted here. Anyone else have this issue? I'm really intrigued by your progress though, so I would love to see them.

3 minutes ago, Crayam99x said:

I don't know if it's just me but I literally cannot see any images you ever posted here. Anyone else have this issue? I'm really intrigued by your progress though, so I would love to see them.

I can see them fine.

5 minutes ago, XaW said:

I can see them fine.

Hmm. Okay, so I googled it and I think it has something to do with my Google account. I'm on desktop > Google Chrome btw. But I can see them in Incognito just fine. Thanks for your answer :) 

1 minute ago, Fastbasher said:

I'm using google photos. The sharing option is open to public.

Thanks for the interest. Are there any screenshots you particularly want to see?

All of them but I will check them in Incognito from now on hahaha. I think its a Google accounts bug or something. Thanks for the reply anyway and good luck winning Ligue 1 in the coming years

Edited by Crayam99x

7 minutes ago, Crayam99x said:

good luck winning Ligue 1 in the coming years

I feel like hamster in his wheel. A lot of effort going round and round, but not getting anywhere.

Our team is realistically sitting just one tier below the elite teams. But every time I get a new couple of top quality player developed, my previous stars are in decline.

We can't seem to keep enough players together in their prime for long enough to break through.

badge.thumb.jpg.f2a4b68b110a2de1b4925ed78398cd5e.jpg

Season Update 2021/22 > January Progress
League Table | Squad | Finances | Transfers | Manager Characteristics / Attributes | Facilities | Staff

Happy we remain in the same division as season 2 kicks off. I'm expecting not expecting a crazy positive or negative season just yet for this one.

The board set us new targets. Basically they want us to avoid relegation and not make an ass of ourselves in the cups. I was hoping to get some sweet money out of the FA Cup.
In the league, we are 
predicted 23rd of 24 teams by the media. I believed we would finish at around 18th this season, but we could be in for a nasty surprise if our youngster can't perform, as out of our top three wingers, two are 30+ years old.
Season tickets sales have 
risen from 104 to 113, but the finances don't look as rosy as last year due to the fact that the pre-season "Fundraiser" didn't bring in any money after the participation fees were paid out.

A positive is the upgrading of the youth facilities. They used to be Poor, but are now Basic.
However, it seems like no good thing can be achieved without something poor coming back at us as our trusty ass. man 
Dean Clarke gets poached by Maidstone for a decent, but not great, €14750 compensation.
We replace him with Dan Brown, a very decent ass. man, but I was unsure if he would prove to be good. Here's hoping he can write another captivating novel to help the finances.

2088044481_9-Copy.thumb.png.757f2d171854272b4e9f5087710908a0.png

Not long after signing up our new ass. man, our manager Jarod also signed a new deal, extending his contract until 2023 and lowering his wages from €230 to €200 to slightly lessen the financial troubles at the club.
At the same time Jarod 
started a new coaching course, to obtain a National B license.

Now... I want to pull your attention to Adam Dukes (21i), this was my pick of the youth intake last season. Sadly he has lost his status as a Model Citizen, and is now shown as a Light-Hearted player, due to the poor influence by my squad.
While he's one of my great prospects, his average rating has been quite poor. Here's to him stepping it up after the new year celebrations.
I will give him opportunities until we either get a better kid through or I get sacked. I feel like he's always been one game away from greatness.

While Geraint Brown (21c) and John Barlow (21g) have grown and played quite a bit, someone who I want to feature in this January Progress update is Matthew Wood (21f).
As of yet he is still in the youth teams, but expect him to break through rather sooner than later. He boasts a Spirited personality and had a real growth spurt this December.

Speaking of the devil (i.e. youth intake players), here's a sneak peak of the next intake. Touted as another golden generation and with our recent facility upgrades, I'm feeling hopeful for another intake equal or better than the last!

1976713635_15-Copy.thumb.png.66f38ed46f99c5668020c46ad584f02d.png

Edited by Crayam99x

Ra6uFfl.png
Aliados Futebol Clube Lordelo 2024-25

Schedule / Statistics / Transfers / Manager / Facilities

Campeonato de Portugal: a great improvement from last year. For the first time I was really hoping we could finish in a promotion spot, however, we lost four straight games in the last two months against rivals like Braga B and Fafe and finished in the fourth place, just two points from the promotion playoffs.

Taça de Portugal: for the first time we reached the fifth round, after beating Arouca from Liga Pro. We ended up losing to Leixões 5-2 away.

Youth intake: another golden generation of players coming from our academy. A few players in this intake will be in the first team next season, like Iban Reis Lopes and Joaquim Agostinho. Once again Flávio Carvalho was our player of the season, scoring 19 times. This will probably be his last season since he wants to leave to a better team...

It was also a good year for our U19's, after archiving promotion from the reagional leagues to the second national division, we were promoted for the second year in a row and we'll be in the first U19's division, playing against teams with some of the best academies in the world like Porto, Benfica and Sporting.

History:

Season League Position Cup Top scorer Top rating Notes Coaching badge Corporate facilities Training facilities Data analysis Youth facilities Junior coaching Youth recruitment Average attendance
2019/20 AF Porto Divisão de Elite ? - - - AI Controlled - Adequate Basic Poor Average Fairly basic Limited -
2020/21 Campeonato de Portugal 12th 3rd Round Jorginho (10) Pedro Gouveia (6.93) Survived relagation National B Adequate Adequate Poor Average Average Basic 748
2021/22 Campeonato de Portugal 9th 2nd Round Flávio Carvalho (15) Flávio Carvalho (7.09) - Continental C Adequate Adequate Poor Average Adequate Fairly basic 762
2022/23 Campeonato de Portugal 13th 3rd Round Basílio Guimarães (9) Basílio Guimarães (6.94) - Continental B Adequate Adequate Poor Average Adequate Fairly basic 668
2023/24 Campeonato de Portugal 8th 3rd Round Flávio Carvalho (25) Flávio Carvalho (7.49) U19s promoted to 2nd division Continental A Adequate Adequate Poor Average Adequate Fairly basic 893
2024/25 Campeonato de Portugal 4th 4th Round Flávio Carvalho (18) Flávio Carvalho (7.14) U19s promoted to 1st division Continental Pro Adequate Adequate Poor Average Adequate Fairly basic 941

972524657_160px-US_Citt_di_Palermo_Logo_svg.png.5f88b51f50e5919935660f4476200703.png

Palermo Season 2028/29 Review Serie B

LeagueA bit of a step back this year as we finished much lower than last season. As usual our goals for was the main issue. Though we actually started well and were top at the first international break, after that we were inconsistent till end of November when we were just plan old bad. We won only 4 games from end of November till the end of the season. This was also when we started to get injuries, a lot of them, at one point we had 9 first team players missing. We suffered a lot of colds and viruses after Christmas, am not sure why, hopefully just one of those things. Despite the poor form we were never in any danger but we have to be better next season.

CupWe had games against sides in our league for once. The Cheivo game was mental. 3-1 down at 89 minutes and we draw 3-3 then win on pens. Calgari from Serie A were good but was a narrow defeat - this game was where our form for the season turned so maybe a mini cup run isn't so good?

Transfersas predicted last season, no big sale but did lose our most exciting prospect 

Squadcouple players made the breakthrough this season with Mariotti YP06C winning Rookie of the season and Daniello YP04F having a great season and ended up top scorer. Our best striker is Giannotti YP05B with half of serie A chasing him. His attributes look great but I can't get him scoring. He has 12 on 100 games. He did end the season with 4 in 6 after missing a couple months through injury so fingers crossed he's starting to become the player I hope he is (watch as our board sell him this summer)

Financesno big sale has really hit us hard here. Which is why I fear Giannotti being sold

Youth IntakeNot too bad this time, few promising players

Nicola Ornano YP09A - good looking CB, an area with have many OK looking players so he may get a real crack in the side sooner or later
Liam Nichetti YP09B - another right back, we do like our full backs here in Palermo
Benedetto Gargano YP09C - am training him to be an inside forward as think his pace, dribbling and finishing could be lethal cutting in from the wing. 
Luigi Moschetta YP09D - another wide player, another area we have lots of OK players so again, may get a chance if he progresses 

Career Overview

Year		League		Position	Youth Coaching		Youth Recruitment 	Notes
2020/21		Serie C		9th 		Adequate		Adequate		Lost in 1st round of playoffs
2021/22		Serie C		5th 		Adequate		Adequate		Lost in 3rd round of playoffs, got 1st coaching badge, won manager of the season
2022/23		Serie C		3rd 		Adequate		Adequate		Promotion through playoffs, 2nd coaching badge, manager of the year again 
2023/24		Serie B		14th 		Adequate		Adequate
2024/25		Serie B		12th 		Good			Good			3rd coaching badge and youth coaching/recruitment upgrades
2025/26		Serie B		6th 		Excellent		Excellent		Lost first round of playoffs, youth coaching/recruitment upgrades 
2026/27		Serie B		15th 		Excellent		Excellent
2027/28		Serie B		8th 		Excellent		Excellent		Lost in playoff semi finals
2028/29		Serie B		14th 		Excellent		Excellent 

Also, been meaning to ask for a couple of seasons now, but has anyone got anything they do about defending indirect free kicks? Last season we conceded 12 from them and this season we conceded 13. I've managed to sort out our defending from corners (only 3 let in just now compared to 10 season before) but I'm tearing my hair out over the free kicks, it's almost as good as a penalty against us. Either they float a ball over the backline that all stands still for an easy header or it's put to the back post then headed back across goal for a simple tap in. 

image_599f168592238.png&bg=fff&w=1200&h=

Season 2020/21

Table / Squad / Transfer / Finances

I'm done with my first season in this long term save. I'm happy with the team, and we got a 15th place in the league, where we are predicted to end on the last places. In the start of the season, our predections was to end on 18th places, so we have done better than expected. The board's expecttation was to avoid relegation, and we completed that milestone 3 rounds before the last game of the league.

Our finances are very good right now, but it's because we have a very good cuprun. But it wasn't in the FA Cup, where we got out in the 4th qualifier, but in the FA Trophy, were we got the first trophy to the cabinet. It was a long journey, to get the trophy, where we gonna decide our future in the cup in penalty kicks in both the semifinale and finale. Here is a picture of our fixtures in the FA Trophy.

Now to the funny part. It's around the new players in the club. The HoYD said it was a golden generation, but i don't think so. Some of the players have played the last games in the league, becuase we have nothing to play for, when they come to the club. But i have signed with all the players, because the squad was on 18 man before, and some of them was not as good as the best youth prospects. Darol Eagers 21a is said to have the best potentiale, and he has already got 2 startes for me, beacause of suspensions. Otherwise i think Wayne Chambers 21b and Curtis Walker 21f Can be good players for the club

b46144fa319aed9e407d09e231be5c72.png

badge.thumb.jpg.cdfa652728d64de56a40562143e2fadf.jpg

Season Update 2021/22 > Youth Intake
League Table | Squad | Finances | Transfers | Manager Characteristics / Attributes | Facilities | Staff

After every January update comes a youth intake. I can't be more excited to see what future stars come through this time around.

But before we get into that Sunderland boosted our finances with a whopping €29k contribution as they're our senior affiliate. Pro tip guys, get a senior affiliate. If they reject for money reasons, ask them you want to do it for loan players. That's what I did and this is what I got! Also make sure to organize a friendly once a year in pre-season for some extra cash.
Key men Eliot Richards and Jamie Veale have signed new contracts. Eliot wanted an insane €750 a week in the sixth tier of England. So being a sensible manager he got it. Thank you Sunderland.

I told you last time Adam Dukes (21i) is a one game away from greatness. Now on a Driven personality. He's been getting a 10.0 in training and managed to get a 9.1 rating in match, scoring 2 goals. All that in the space of a a few short weeks.
Meanwhile our manager Jarod is improving too, picking up his National B License without any problem.

Now that the boring stuff is out of the way... YOUTH INTAKE TIME!

144873389_10-Copy.thumb.png.e604fffd94377059f7ab5ce93b48c61a.png

Great intake. Although I'm starting to get worried that we're not getting any good strikers through, with recently in-form Tom Meechan on the wrong side of 30. I'm hoping Jamie Veale can step it up and/or we get a good newgen striker next intake.

My personal top 3 considering the team we have are:
1) Mark Hohn (22c) - Great English talent in an otherwise Wales dominated intake. He's the top prospect from Bath they talked about in the preview. He can play a bit at AMC, and will therefore get opportunities as a second string player. Has a long way to go to replace either Lee Lucas or Eliot Richards though.
2) Kyle Hall (22b) - Get in lads! With two original wingers who were about 1.5 - 2.5 stars in my team leaving due to old age, whereby they lose pace, I needed a good right winger. This guy is close to being there. Here's hoping his Balanced personality won't get in the way of development.
3) Jon Harvey (22g) - Jon plays at right back and while we have good players there, two of the three players there are getting old. With Jon having a Fairly Determined personality I'm expecting him to be fighting for a first place spot in 1 or 2 seasons. However, out of these 3 players, he will be the one to stay in the youth teams for now.

The top 3 together in an image for quick viewing:

36.thumb.png.6745a92638738416e29ce94d4aa9916e.png

Complete overview of all the other youth intake players:

Last intake I said the players would take at least a season to make an impact. In truth, they've been faster to the party than expected. I'm expecting my top 3 players and maybe one or two more to make a true impact before the next intake. If you look at the league table, we're doing very well and I'm not as fearful of losing my job as I was last season. Celebrated Jarod still has another shot at the play offs!

End of season review coming up next! :)

Edited by Crayam99x

badge.thumb.jpg.7b23af023840729cc6f587c478a356f9.jpg

Season Update 2021/22 > End of Season Review
League Table | Squad | Finances | Transfers | Manager Characteristics / Attributes | Facilities | Staff

We messed up again....

902415650_1-Copy.thumb.png.a3731a7c244e1b298218c16cffc64b0f.png

I want to go home and rethink my life.
Although with the team we have we should've finished near the relegation spots. I'm honestly chuffed just to survive. Next season I can only see the youngsters getting better and maybe, if we get lucky, we will get a playoff finish.

Just to give you an idea of who has been influential for us in the last two seasons, this is our Overall Best Eleven.
I'm happy to see three youngsters finishing in this season's best eleven, with our non-league wonderkid Adam Dukes (2i) signing a new contract for what will practically be 6(!) years.

With our recent focus on youth, we have now seen our youth level increase, as a result of the youth facilities upgrade earlier.
Coaches are underrated in this thread. Here's a good one for this level. It leaves our training responsibilities looking quite good, with everything on either 2 or 2.5 stars.

122186881_17-Copy.thumb.png.7beb40ce257e961c673775c6969929d3.png

Today's spotlight player is Matt Wilson (21d). Matt has developed into a rival for our main goalkeeper. I'm fully expecting him to fight for the first team spot next season.
Comparing him to our first team goalkeeper, I don't see why I shouldn't give him a real chance.
His unexpected bit of growth, but also the growth that the Spirited personality will bring him in the future, has exclusively been the result of mentoring. This was Matt's profile when he came in.

Mentoring & training, get on it lads! Don't listen to me, listen to two-time manager of the season Jarod Kendrick! ;)

36.thumb.png.a502aea2a6bbaece378530aaaf795da4.png

NK Zadar: 2033/34 season review

A season to remember as we managed to equal our best finish of 3rd in the league but the real highlight was being crowned champions in the European Conference League! Next season will see us start in the Europa League group stages.

316465499_TABLE34.thumb.png.8577d3122425f057d34bbcde3f0576e3.png   1466809461_ECC34-1.thumb.png.bf698fb6aa8db613bf65d16d3f080a01.png

A great number of performances from the squad, consistently posting good numbers.

1981647520_SQUAD34.thumb.png.51d79a899a9f2857021d3b063aeb2086.png

Youth intake saw us take a few more decent defenders which we need. The highlight of the intake were these two...

1037929044_YT34-1.thumb.png.5fdf8066583fe1fc535aae3909e279d1.png   1539945796_YT34-2.thumb.png.73bc089b701ad50ad97828911de6d39f.png

Shipped out a few players that weren't up to scratch.

448884211_TRANSFERS34.thumb.png.9241ac9466901801c4e15a30d6a8c42c.png

Facilities have been boosted again as the youth facilities are now state of the art. Future plans have been granted for the training facilities to also became state of the art.

image.thumb.png.8232dd8af3df40d25e3fcbfe2a570aac.png

ECC 34.png

XaW - Caersws - 2033/34

peEskM8h_400x400.jpg

TNS didn't manage to follow up their unbeaten season last time, but they had a good start. However, around Christmas they started to struggle, and in January they sold a few of their best players, and after that they lost quite a few matches. We went unbeaten again, only drew a single game all season in the league, away to TNS. We are now 90 games unbeaten in the league, and things are looking good in Wales.

In the Welsh League Cup we beat Llandudno Junction, Porthmadog, Bangor City and Llanrhaeadr (that's quite the tongue twister) to reach the final. Here we beat TNS to claim another trophy. In the Welsh Cup we beat Carmarthen Town, Newtown, Llanrhaeadr and TNS to reach the final. Here we beat Afan Lido to give us our 3rd consecutive domestic sweep.

In the Irn-Bru cup we beat Clyde, St. Mirren, Alloa Athletic and Brechin City to reach the final. Here we beat Rangers Reserves on pens after about 70 pens each. At least we got the trophy in the end.

We were back in the Champions League and we started in the 2nd qualification round against Vardar Skopje of North Macedonia. Two 4-0 wins put us through. In the 3rd qualification round we drew Brøndby of Denmark. A great 4-1 win away was enough to put us through even though they beat us at home. In the playoff we faced Dunalk of Irland. The away match was a goalless draw, and when it ended 1-1 at home, we got knocked out on away goals.

Still, this put us into the group stage of the Europa League. Our opponents were Sligo Rovers of Ireland, Stade Rennais of France and Benfica of Portugal. An even group, but we managed to finish 2nd behind Benfica to go through. In the 1st knockout round we drew Shakhtar of Ukraine and we beat them big at home. A narrow loss away was then enough to into the next round. In the 2nd knockout round we faced Marseille of France. We beat them 2-1 at home, but lost 1-0 away and got knocked out on away goals yes again.

An updated map, now including North Macedonia, Portugal and Ukraine. Now, we are mostly lacking Austria, Finland, some countries in the Balkans and Eastern Europe, in addition to some micro nations.

9Zu8qZT.png

The youth intake was a bit of a mix. A couple of great players, but mostly crappy ones. The ones worth mentioning is Jamie Pritchard 34a and Terry Roberts 34b.

The leading players this season have been Chris Williams 31e (who got his debut for Wales and scored!), Richard Matthews 30c and Lewis Williams 28g.

1VmLWd9.png

Bilderesultat for south shields fc

South Shields

Youth Intake 2027

A disappointing youth intake. As always, we were promised a golden generation, but after countless of saves on the Youth Academy Challenge, we all know that is a promise easily broken! 

Matty Mooney is the only player with a decent challenge of making the first team I would say, but I'm not keeping my hopes up for him either.

I have to say, playing this challenge in England is tough! With so many divisions to progress through it takes patience, as there is no money to invest in facilities with! 

245053993_2020-02-1723_06_33-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.eca416da1e705ca6dddfb8911a3406a3.jpg     1912585939_2020-02-1723_06_54-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.bcc285a7986846d7ca88bfd9b983ed5d.jpg

Better late than never. I'm going to start this challenge too. 

Meet the new manager of East Kilbride. Manager at the start

currently i have no backroom staff so that is a problem for now. Will keep you guys updated

Edit: What is the quick key combination to take a screenshot and where does it store it on a Windows PC? Can't get it to work right now

Edited by barrybatsbak

Had a bit of Chris Williams 31e accepted above my head by the board!

fClAIkf.png

I kind of understand why they accepted. It's just a massive offer.

However, he is a legend!

aERlkwq.png

And I'm offering him a new contract as I write this. Proper legend, this lad!

A new 5 year deal done!

rs2IXFN.png

Edited by XaW