[FM19] Real Life USA-Canada Expansion by Uncle Sam (Now compatible with 19.3)

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@unclesam thank you for doing this for us however there are some inaccuracies :

The Tulsa Roughnecks kits are last years,they are wearing addidas this season pic of the kits are provided

The USL League 2 Park City club is the Park City Red Wolves SC crests provided

link to their website  https://www.chattredwolves.com/parkcity

The known clubs for Nisa is :

California United FC ( not sure if this club will start play in the fall )

Miami FC ( Expected to play NPSL Pro in the Fall then join the league in the spring )

Philadelphia Fury

San Diego 1904 FC

Stumptown Athletic FC (Charlotte) -logo as leaked on thier twitter  provided link to their website which hasn't gone live yet  http://stumptownathletic.com/

Baton Rouge (formerly Daytona Beach)

Providence

Atlanta

Connecticut

Los Angeles

it will be an 8 match season (4 home.4 away) starting on September 7th with a lot of regional play a winter break and then a spring season

San Diego officially announced for USL Championship to start in 2020 or 2021

new 4th tier league just announced not much known about them yet but link to their website is provided  http://www.continentalpremierleague.com/

I found this on the Canadian Premier league reddit page in a bc regional d3 league topic:

dutch0_o 6 points 2 hours ago 

Im copying and pasting from the takethepiss.com message board (an awesome community for all things soccer in BC/lower mainland) but sounds like some serious and awesome tier 3 developments on the west coast

This probably needs its own thread but since we already began discussing it here I will offer some updates on what I have learned on this new BC Soccer Tier 3 league.

Play is set to begin next April with 7-8 "franchises"; runs through August The league has significantly scaled back its franchise requirements from the previous attempt to create this league a few years ago No longer are there projections/requirements for stadium ticket revenue, concession revenue, merchandise revenue, etc. Intention is for the champion to be given a berth in the Canadian Championship - still TBC by CSA but confirmation is expected Players will initially NOT BE PAID in the league, with the intention to potentially move towards eventually becoming a semi-professional league within 5 seasons Similar agreement with USports (formerly CIS) as CPL which will allow college players to participate in this league before being returned to their college teams; NCAA (SFU) players not likely to be eligible No information on if players will be eligible to play in VMSL/FVSL/VISL outside of the Tier 3 season or on whether signing in this league will have any effect on their amateur status TSS Rovers and Victoria Highlanders have apparently verbally committed to joining the league assuming the CSA, as expected, approves a spot for the league in the Canadian Championship Note - TSS and Highlanders must inform USL D2 (formerly PDL) if they are returning to that league by November; if they do remain in USL they must sign a 3 year commitment I am told that BC Tier 3 WILL LAUNCH regardless of if TSS and Highlanders join or not; though obviously the preference is for them to be there Ideally BC Soccer would like to stream at least some of the league's matches live online in order to try and help grow the reach of the league So basically it sounds like a bit of a glorified summer league, at least to start. From everything I have heard BC Soccer is bound and determined to start this league next season, no matter what. One of the big catalysts I am told is Peter Schaad, who is now head of Marketing and Communications at BC Soccer. This should, ostensibly, finish off the PCSL; whether or not it has any major effect on the VMSL/FVSL/VISL is yet to be seen. One of the major impediments to this league getting off the ground last time around was the adult leagues not being onside. This time around I have reason to believe that the FVSL is on board with this endeavor but that the VMSL has been just about kept out of the loop on developments. Again, we will see what sort of impact that may or may not have.

Initial franchises I am told will be: Whitecaps U23 Vancouver 86ers Tri-Cities Surrey/Langley TSS Rovers* Victoria Highlanders* Nanaimo+ Kamloops+ Kelowna/Penticton/Okanagan+ *Pending CSA approval of Canadian Championshp berth +Unconfirmed ownership

Rumours regarding the franchises that I have heard are that Schaad himself is in someway involved with owning the "86ers" trademark and is driving the bus on this league in order to have somewhere for this franchise to play. I am told that there is already an understanding that this "86ers" incarnation would play out of Swanguard with TSS agreeing to move to Richmond. Not sure how that would split the allegiances of the "Swanguardians". Personally I was surprised when I was told that TSS had agreed to move given the roots they have laid down, but likely there is also significant financial benefit to not playing at Swanguard.

Elsewhere, Whitecaps are apparently keen to have a league for their development squad to play regular football in; presumably games would be based at UBC. The Tri-Cities franchise is apparently in the hands of none other than Thomas Mills, while Surrey/Langley also has confirmed ownership. Apparently "Okanagan" put a franchise in PCSL this year with the sole intention of being in this new league next year, but exactly what that would potentially look like and where they would play is not known. There is also purportedly interest from Kamloops and Nanaimo, but whether or not either make it for year one is unclear. Likely a bigger push to get one or both in if TSS and Highlanders do not end up getting on board.

as always there is a lot of instability in North American Soccer so things are constantly changing hope this helps

53176145_956555247873539_931993532271427584_n.jpg

04TS8u0.png

tN2GRaF.png

IMG_8919.PNG

Edited by mikehurst21

So just so you guys know, I am close to a release that updates the file and corrects some errors. However, every time I get ready there is some upheaval in real life. For example, I had literally finished a verification and then an announcement is released that says Oakland Roots SC has withdrawn from the NPSL Founders Cup and will now be joining the NISA. I hope to get it released today.

On 24/06/2019 at 16:47, TheWednesday said:

Not sure what's happened but when managing in Canada the Premier league's number of matches is set to '0' with no planned fixtures?

The Canadian Premier League is set to actually begin play in 2019, as in real life. That means that there will be no matches scheduled in game for the 2018 season.

On 23/06/2019 at 17:25, TH3 K1LL3R said:

If i used @Timo61 mexico update instead of yours should be a problem?

I honestly can't answer that. If there are changes to the competition rules, then continental qualification will probably not work correctly. If it is just a transfer update, then it should be fine.

On 19/06/2019 at 17:31, Sebacore said:

How often does the Salary Cap go up?  I know it raises after the first year but does it increase every couple of years as well?

To be honest I'm not sure how often it increases in-game. I have no way of changing that, though, so however it works by default in FM is how it works in this file.

7 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

The Canadian Premier League is set to actually begin play in 2019, as in real life. That means that there will be no matches scheduled in game for the 2018 season.

Thanks for confirming and for the hard work put into this file.

@Uncle_Sam and @yellowsweatygorilla I wanted to let you know some information that I was able to confirm last night British Columbia are indeed starting a regional d3 league https://www.bcsoccer.net/news/post/bc-soccer-provides-update-on-proposed-regional-tier-3-league no clubs were announced yet but the rumored clubs are listed in my previous post also I was able to extract the new leagues logo from the PDF although it's not very good and may not be usable just yet. I have provided it any way hope this helps

IMG_9016.PNG

On 13/06/2019 at 07:58, Lanawyn said:

I love your files. Thank you very much for them. However, I had a little problem and I had to stop playing on my latest saved game. I played for about 6 years managing a team from Anguilla. And although I qualified each time I won the league for the Caribbean Club Shield when I manged to get through to the qualifying round and won it, therefore advancing to the CONCACAF League, I was never included in the drawing for the competition. True, it was only once, but then I looked over all the winners of the past years for that qualifying round and none of them played in the CONCACAF League despite that fact appearing in the competition rules and in my case being announced via my game inbox. Can this be corrected because I still dream of building a very small Caribbean team and maybe try to win CONCACAF Champions League? Thank you.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, as I have never noticed it before. I have corrected it and it will work properly for the next release.

Running into an issue where USL Championship is broken if I use the PRO files. Anyone else seeing the same? I can't select any USL Championship teams when selecting my team in the beginning, and games don't appear to schedule for that division. 

On 19/06/2019 at 17:31, Sebacore said:

How often does the Salary Cap go up?  I know it raises after the first year but does it increase every couple of years as well?

Only the once in 2019. I talked to the head NA researcher about it, and apparently they hardcoded in the raise for 2019 because it was already in the CBA, but they don't raise it after that.

MASSIVE UPDATE - VERSION 3.23

I have update the first post with some pretty big changes. I'll start with competition rules and changes.

UNITED STATES

-----USL Championship

New San Diego franchise has been included, to begin play in 2020. I have also moved the Oakland and Chicago franchises to start play in 2021, as per real life.

-----NISA/NPSL Founders Cup & Professional Division

I have updated these competitions to conform to the latest information. For the NISA, these means some of the club naming/branding. However, as most of the clubs have made no announcements on that the branding is largely conceptual. I have also placed Miami FC in the NISA, and Oakland Roots will join the NISA in 2020. Since I can't do a Fall-->Spring calendar, the shorter season will be the spring season and the longer season will in the Fall. There will be playoffs for both spring and fall, with a championship round that pits the winners of the spring and fall against each other. If the same team wins both, the club with the best overall record will take the other spot. Oakland Roots has also been withdrawn from the NPSL Founders Cup.

-----NCAA

I have put all of the college conferences under one competition, and all of the conference tournaments under on competition. I believe this GREATLY helps navigating the national competitions:

image.thumb.png.24da97f40bb275316960f1d1e4a9dcec.pngimage.thumb.png.6bded02ed742988c3a751352e21a4502.png

Each conference and conference tournament still records its own history and champions.

-----AWARDS

I have added a slew of awards to the lower level competitions. 

image.thumb.png.d0434bc6328cbbe4c9e6f1c5f748b20b.pngimage.thumb.png.77fc8d40bfb974b7d23df1a01fbd3b8b.png 

They are mostly based on real life, but for the NISA and NPSL Pro I had to kind of improvise.

-----Extra Data

I added a couple files that update managers and squads for the lower league clubs, specifically the USL League One clubs.

CANADA

-----CPL

I made several changes to the CPL. First of all, as per feedback, I created an Academy division for the CPL teams. This is not exactly real life, but it gives the clubs a place for their youth intakes. I also removed the salary cap. I believe that this was causing problems for the AI clubs when building their squads. The squad rules now conform a little better to the actual real life rules, with a maximum of 5 foreign players in the playing 11, and a minimum of 3 U21 national players on the squad. I have also modified the attendance figures to conform more to what we are seeing in real life. There is now a Data file that you will need to drop in the editor files folder that adds a lot to the Canadian experience. It's actually a modified version of yellowsweatygorilla's data.

GRAPHICS

This update is a great one for graphics. First, all of the MLS, USL Championship, and USL League One kits have been updated:

image.png.ae1e4744793131b11fbe24191818f626.pngimage.png.f75a7f8abc24b7928fdd4a4532bc9f64.pngimage.thumb.png.3c5998454cf3ef0d160995b7f2d55bd0.pngimage.png.da801fc99f967ae8641a11a462306cdb.png

I have also updated the 3D kits for Major League Soccer:hou_sj.thumb.PNG.a31d1cf31963ed629e98df453f37eb2a.PNGatl_fcd.thumb.PNG.77085f027279f24ac9d7469b37b89b3f.PNGmia_lag.thumb.PNG.9f5c12235d40444248effbba87aff4ed.PNGpor_aus.PNG.4dde53f5412a1f9fb21a97348aea93b4.PNGmtl_lafc.PNG.f0d29d6d8ebff4998da37d21741cf6b1.PNG

Also included are 3D kits for the Canadian and USA national teams:501023325_canadahome.thumb.PNG.5b95e438eb5826cb68cdf6390215401f.PNGusa.thumb.PNG.570d8edbd8c4741887f80bb37083de2e.PNG73852956_usaaway.PNG.8ed4c465edebee816efc2c023a2c20b2.PNG1745332317_usathird.PNG.8d112dec9397e5facbed0a5962704cfe.PNG

Edited by Uncle_Sam

Looks awesome, still seeing an issue with the USL Championship though. I see two divisions, and neither are playable. I can select them, but they don't have any clubs listed. I can play a season, but then it crashes when trying to load fixtures for the new season. 

Capture.PNG

5 minutes ago, Dodis said:

Looks awesome, still seeing an issue with the USL Championship though. I see two divisions, and neither are playable. I can select them, but they don't have any clubs listed. I can play a season, but then it crashes when trying to load fixtures for the new season. 

Capture.PNG

Is anyone else having this issue? Because I am not:

image.thumb.png.e43978522b6bcd2543d0d6cdf429627e.png

In the background you can see the teams from the USL Championship East to be selected. My best guess is that you are using another file that conflicts with mine.

I'm not using anything else, just the most recent downloads. I did start in 2019 preseason, so maybe that's it. I'll try 2018 preseason. Would you mind screen capping what editor data files you've selected? 

22 minutes ago, hammer 12 said:

3d kits for the expansion teams, thanks so much, makes me wanna go miami now.

Miami's look pretty good in match, I believe.

Home: mia_lag.thumb.PNG.f85c129bada70bc6c179e8ab2bc945c6.PNG

Away:mia_chi.thumb.PNG.5d04128d47f6a54fbf4ba1892c2f9573.PNG

I have also have a white third kit for them but couldn't find a match for a preview.

Hey Uncle Sam thanks for the pro file enjoying managing u of l on it is there a way to keep them pro though after the first season  as it get challenging to sign players again is there a pro version of 3.23 if there is I would like to try it thanks again 

Edited by t27
Another question

Love the new update. It's been a while since I played the game but wanted to say a big thanks for also moving the NCAA up the list of playable leagues. I wasn't a massive fan of having all the available leagues loaded as there are too many available jobs that never seemed to get filled. Is there anything that can be done about that?

The other big thanks is for all the work on the graphics. To be able to have all logos and kits working straight away is perfect, as I get pretty anal about not being able to have the right logos and kits. For the next update, is there any chance that you could have a look at the home and away kits in the NCAA. I find that a lot of them have the same colours for the home and away kit. It is very odd when playing a game and your meant to be playing in white, but everything is in red! I understand that it would probably take a lot of time and effort, so if it is too time consuming then don't worry about it.

Thanks 

9 hours ago, Lomen said:

Hello

I've just start a game in January 2019 but the superdraft the 17 of january never happen. Do you know why ?

Same here, but I've started the game at 2018.

Draft only happened in MLS.

Edited by estewu

On 30/06/2019 at 17:52, Uncle_Sam said:

MASSIVE UPDATE - VERSION 3.23

I have update the first post with some pretty big changes. I'll start with competition rules and changes.

UNITED STATES

-----USL Championship

New San Diego franchise has been included, to begin play in 2020. I have also moved the Oakland and Chicago franchises to start play in 2021, as per real life.

-----NISA/NPSL Founders Cup & Professional Division

I have updated these competitions to conform to the latest information. For the NISA, these means some of the club naming/branding. However, as most of the clubs have made no announcements on that the branding is largely conceptual. I have also placed Miami FC in the NISA, and Oakland Roots will join the NISA in 2020. Since I can't do a Fall-->Spring calendar, the shorter season will be the spring season and the longer season will in the Fall. There will be playoffs for both spring and fall, with a championship round that pits the winners of the spring and fall against each other. If the same team wins both, the club with the best overall record will take the other spot. Oakland Roots has also been withdrawn from the NPSL Founders Cup.

-----NCAA

I have put all of the college conferences under one competition, and all of the conference tournaments under on competition. I believe this GREATLY helps navigating the national competitions:

image.thumb.png.24da97f40bb275316960f1d1e4a9dcec.pngimage.thumb.png.6bded02ed742988c3a751352e21a4502.png

Each conference and conference tournament still records its own history and champions.

-----AWARDS

I have added a slew of awards to the lower level competitions. 

image.thumb.png.d0434bc6328cbbe4c9e6f1c5f748b20b.pngimage.thumb.png.77fc8d40bfb974b7d23df1a01fbd3b8b.png 

They are mostly based on real life, but for the NISA and NPSL Pro I had to kind of improvise.

-----Extra Data

I added a couple files that update managers and squads for the lower league clubs, specifically the USL League One clubs.

CANADA

-----CPL

I made several changes to the CPL. First of all, as per feedback, I created an Academy division for the CPL teams. This is not exactly real life, but it gives the clubs a place for their youth intakes. I also removed the salary cap. I believe that this was causing problems for the AI clubs when building their squads. The squad rules now conform a little better to the actual real life rules, with a maximum of 5 foreign players in the playing 11, and a minimum of 3 U21 national players on the squad. I have also modified the attendance figures to conform more to what we are seeing in real life. There is now a Data file that you will need to drop in the editor files folder that adds a lot to the Canadian experience. It's actually a modified version of yellowsweatygorilla's data.

GRAPHICS

This update is a great one for graphics. First, all of the MLS, USL Championship, and USL League One kits have been updated:

image.png.ae1e4744793131b11fbe24191818f626.pngimage.png.f75a7f8abc24b7928fdd4a4532bc9f64.pngimage.thumb.png.3c5998454cf3ef0d160995b7f2d55bd0.pngimage.png.da801fc99f967ae8641a11a462306cdb.png

I have also updated the 3D kits for Major League Soccer:hou_sj.thumb.PNG.a31d1cf31963ed629e98df453f37eb2a.PNGatl_fcd.thumb.PNG.77085f027279f24ac9d7469b37b89b3f.PNGmia_lag.thumb.PNG.9f5c12235d40444248effbba87aff4ed.PNGpor_aus.PNG.4dde53f5412a1f9fb21a97348aea93b4.PNGmtl_lafc.PNG.f0d29d6d8ebff4998da37d21741cf6b1.PNG

Also included are 3D kits for the Canadian and USA national teams:501023325_canadahome.thumb.PNG.5b95e438eb5826cb68cdf6390215401f.PNGusa.thumb.PNG.570d8edbd8c4741887f80bb37083de2e.PNG73852956_usaaway.PNG.8ed4c465edebee816efc2c023a2c20b2.PNG1745332317_usathird.PNG.8d112dec9397e5facbed0a5962704cfe.PNG

Question about the CPL academy.. I know there is a limit of say 21-23 players u can sign does the academy count towards that or just when u call them up and reg with main club 

hey @Uncle_Sam I noticed in the latest update that you have a Charlotte club and Stumptown Athletic in the Nisa file. Stumptown Athletic is the Charlotte club also they finally released their complete logo ( provided here). Thanks again for what you are doing. also are you gonna do the USL  Championship and USL League1  kits in 3d? also I noticed you changed the logo from Park City fc to the correct Park City Red Wolves SC but you left the Park City FC kits in the Park City Red Wolves SC kits are the same as the Dalton Red Wolves SC kits by the way you have the League One Chattanooga Red Wolves in AAdidas and Dalton Red Wolves in Nike they all 3 wear AAdidas Dalton has no kit sponsor,park city is sponsored by wheeler cat. Greenville Triumph SC kit sponsor is Scan source also my home town club Oklahoma City Energy FC will likely be wearing AAdidas next year there academy is already wearing it   https://okenergyfc.org/oefc-2019-20-uniforms/?fbclid=IwAR3TjsGUJoonKDcF8M1gpbmuP7UKdR02uCalPrqBGYNHB9-ChX2nBa5hXoM they will still be sponsored by first fidelity bank ( in case you wanted to get out ahead of it) also one of the rumored clubs for the new League 1 BC is Vancouver 86ers ( logo provided) L also included a picture of Green Bay Voyagers FC kits. hope some of this helps

IMG_9028.JPG

62238245_2314978095289964_9016944866248097792_n.jpg

61613083_396380264291075_4089368993951907840_n.jpg

65532565_412033422725759_2490077104549396480_n.jpg

LRG__DSC3951_large.jpg

GT-jersey_reveal_large.jpg

ScanSource1.jpg

Wheeler.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide7.jpg

First_Fidelity_Bank_logo.jpg

86ers_logo.png

66456509_515089449228818_4063527593071083520_n.jpg

Edited by mikehurst21

On 30/06/2019 at 01:38, Uncle_Sam said:

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, as I have never noticed it before. I have corrected it and it will work properly for the next release.

Thank you very much. It works great. Time for me to get back in the Caribbean and try to build a team there. :)

Hey Uncle Sam,

Thanks for this database!

Don't know if it's a SI error or your's, but FC London and Alliance United FC of League1 Ontario play correctly in the League1 Ontario, but appear on their team page and stats as if they were playing in the Première Ligue de soccer du Québec.

Le 01/07/2019 à 16:39, Uncle_Sam a dit :

Is anyone else having this issue? Because I am not:

image.thumb.png.e43978522b6bcd2543d0d6cdf429627e.png

In the background you can see the teams from the USL Championship East to be selected. My best guess is that you are using another file that conflicts with mine.

Hi @Uncle_Sam

I've the same Problem BUT i've some update in my editor data folder.

Japan for example, perhaps it's the cause ?

I dowload your file updated, I erase the other file and i try tonight

3 minutes ago, lo.simon said:

Hi @Uncle_Sam

I've the same Problem BUT i've some update in my editor data folder.

Japan for example, perhaps it's the cause ?

I dowload your file updated, I erase the other file and i try tonight

Apparently if you start in 2019 this happens, try starting in 2018, works fine in mine and I have Japan as well

So I got a new PC a few weeks ago and I just got around to getting FM again and for some reason when I use the graphics for the Canadian file all of the U-Sports teams logos are off by one or two and one or two schools don't have any logo show up at all. I don't know if it's user error or what.

I have modified the first post with the following updates:

USA Expansion 3.24 - http://www.mediafire.com/file/zacf3690c3ie97w/USA_Expansion_3-24.rar/file

Graphics files 3.24 (place in "Football Manager 2019>graphics" folder): http://www.mediafire.com/file/9evhxci35mrbj41/USA-CAN_Expansion_Graphics_3-24.rar/file

This is mostly just a graphics update, bringing the professional leagues (USL Championship, USL League One, NPSL Pro, NISA) a little more up to date aesthetically. Kits, logos, etc have all been updated, including 3D kits for all USL Championship, USL League One, NISA, and NPSL Pro teams:

Charlotte Independence v. Louisville Citycha_lou2.thumb.PNG.c2b0ebc0e1ceac03dd1bc4b745c0eb42.PNG

Colorado Springs v. Fresno FC ("Fuego" kit): cols_frs3.thumb.PNG.cd56207e0c4dff7c21832f5c671413b2.PNG

Las Vegas vs. Oklahoma City: lv_okc2.thumb.PNG.2f95655bc1a340ed81587b6dc032b12f.PNG

Orange County v. Phoenix: oc_pho2.thumb.PNG.1039ea35135d783fb8633cd93274650b.PNG

Richmond v. Tampa Bay: rich_tb.thumb.PNG.3dabbb8f2f433264212dc45d1a84c668.PNG

Reno 1868 v. FC Tucson: rno_tuc2.thumb.PNG.1e2c7690ccd601968d1f8229b2503cb5.PNG

Portland Timbers 2 v. Sacramento: sac2_prt2.thumb.PNG.facab341722b5f2c683fe5280339fcc5.PNG

San Antonio v. Tacoma: san_tac2.thumb.PNG.db9f4c41e51fc9404d96e7c6bd1bd7ef.PNG

Tulsa v. Rio Grande Valley: tul_rgv.thumb.PNG.73ac7778fdf1b54b84cf0e1b115f946b.PNG

12 hours ago, EAWhetstone said:

I am having an issue where the game freezes on April 18th during the first season.  I am playing with North Carolina FC in the USL Championship.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

This is the screen it gets stuck on each time 

160079ed5c6945025bc84cd26db1b7be.png