[FM19] Real Life USA-Canada Expansion by Uncle Sam (Now compatible with 19.3)

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Uncle_Sam Is there a way to add the University of Hawaii Rainbow Warriors into the NCAA? As you probably know, there aren't any soccer teams in Hawaii considering it's geographical location, and it would be nice to have a team from there play.

Also, big, huge thumbs up to you. The hard work you put into this must be immense and yet you still upload huge databases like this on time, thank you sooooo much!!!!! :applause:

Hawaii Warriors logo.svg

Hey uncle Sam really enjoy playing with the Nashville SC academy  the amount of detail you put in is incredible as an American you make the american system playable for me. Can you please release the generation Adidas cup file. Thanks again for the hard work u put in

@Uncle_Sam Apparently, there is an USL Academy Cup (link below). It is for U-17 and was wondering if you could add it in a new update.

DESCRIPTION (FROM THE WEBSITE):

AGE GROUPS

Two age groups will be included: U13 & U17. All U17 teams will be placed in the Eastern or Western Conference and will be expected to participate in their respective regional event. Regional results will determine seeding and placement ahead of the national event. U13s will only participate in the national event in May 2020.

• U13: 2007/08 - National Event Only
  • U17: 2003/04 - Regional and National Event

U17 CONFERENCE ALIGNMENT

In the U17 group, all clubs will participate in a regional event, having been split into East and West conferences (as illustrated below). Results at the regional level will then determine competitive placement & final seeding at the national event, May 22-25, 2020 at the Hillsborough County Tournament SportsPlex in Tampa, Florida.

The Western Conference Regional Event will be held October 11-14, 2019, at Star Soccer Complex, owned and operated by Championship side San Antonio FC.

https://www.uslsoccer.com/academy-cup

Has anyone else had trouble moving a player from an MLS club to their affiliate?

No matter when I try, I always get the message "You must wait until the next transfer window"

So I've been under the hood and modified the file.

-----USA changes

Added the Generation Adidas Cup. Functions as it does in real life, with a regional qualifying round  for all of the MLS Academies. The top teams from each group advance to the Champions round, and the next 3 teams from each group moved on to the Premier round. The Premier and Champions rounds include some international youth teams and consist of group and knockout stages.

image.thumb.png.a7f5003927e8456dee4c7dcf3588ced6.pngimage.thumb.png.d0fce3b85f68a851af3488c042dd04bf.pngimage.thumb.png.ec3af64a6b52d21fe71fa12994ec5dcf.pngimage.thumb.png.34a1ffd5561f5f6900f7846cf89d1f43.pngimage.thumb.png.3dde6a0c07c0bfc61e2c3bdcb6a4c228.pngimage.thumb.png.49ca2cd863d3fe6a422f8c0476342cf1.png

It's setup to mimic real life, however the calendar is impossible to recreate in FM correctly. In my file the qualifying round is played in the spring while the premier and champions divisions take place in the fall, which is the opposite of real life.

I also added the recently announced Omaha club, which begins play in USL League One in 2020.

image.thumb.png.6f8e55c40b635c54d7935c9872f01317.pngimage.thumb.png.160d2c3ca37a9f38d7fd60883fc36f7f.png

*Branding is a fictional concept designed by the owner of this site (who also gave me permission to use his concept): http://tylerlenzdesign.com/omahafc.html 

I also cleaned up some of the awards so that they are all correct.

-----Canada

Community member yellowsweatygorilla and I collaborated to create the data for Canada's top level collegiate soccer division (U-Sports). All 4 "conferences" and 48 teams are included. Right now, they're stand alone divisions. The FM editor doesn't allow us to create a new draft that isn't already hardcoded in (like the MLS SuperDraft), however part of the purpose is to have the groundwork laid in case a future version of the game allows us to add this function for the Canadian Premier League.

image.thumb.png.ff9c3cf354f4cc610c479143489e637b.pngimage.thumb.png.c407daddcb83fb231928a36d025645bd.pngimage.thumb.png.861b60f3e0d5a416a2549dfa917bd29b.pngimage.thumb.png.e28e4783d3ec8d17045b58891c41c539.png

As with all of my files, the leagues are all built to function as in real life. The two playoff finalists from each conference advance to the U-Sports Championship.

-----Central American Leagues

I also fixed the Jamaica and Trinidad & Tobago files, so that each has their own league structure.

Edited by Uncle_Sam

13 minutes ago, jkl620 said:

can an existing game be updated with these changes, or do we need to start a new one?

Unfortunately you must start a new game. For now there is no way to modify a DB to add competitions in real time during a save.

Thanks for the hard work uncle Sam the file is amazing to play the only issue is I have only been able to stop the ussda holiday bug once and not on the GA cup file any ideas on how to fix this as I would lIke to have my entire team for the whole season. Thanks again for making the us realistic and playable for me.

Can you make the Penticton Pinnacles in the Pacific Coast Soccer League a cooperation partner of Excelsior Rotterdam in the Netherlands, as they are in real life?

@Uncle_Sam I saw on twitter you updated, and it looks great! Were any fixes put in place for the Coda Sudamerica or for loaning players out? Not being able to loan players to an affiliate really takes away from managing an MLS team. 

I was able to get around the being unable to send players to a teams affiliate by also playing as the affiliate and requesting the players. But, I started a new save and because Chicago changed their affiliate from Tulsa Roughnecks to Lansing Ignite and am playing Lansing and Chicago, but I am unable to request players from Chicago.

@UncleSam Are you able to change in the game Chicago's affiliate to Lansing Ignite?

It looks like all the 2019 USL Championship expansion teams are missing from USL One. Anyone else having this problem?

Really would like to manage Memphis 901 FC.

image.png

On 02/06/2019 at 00:11, Lambda said:

It looks like all the 2019 USL Championship expansion teams are missing from USL One. Anyone else having this problem?

Really would like to manage Memphis 901 FC.

image.png

When you begin a new game if you go the "US Expansion Teams" division you should find them there. That's a division that does not generate any matches that I created for the sole purpose of housing future expansion sides.

5 hours ago, eusebio1 said:

Does anyone mind uploading the last Mac-compatible file? Would be greatly appreciated!

Have you tried the latest file with the update that was released today? Apparently they made some fixes to issues that Mac users were having and I was hoping it sorted out whatever was causing my file to crash for Mac users.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Uncle_Sam:

Have you tried the latest file with the update that was released today? Apparently they made some fixes to issues that Mac users were having and I was hoping it sorted out whatever was causing my file to crash for Mac users.

Not yet, thanks for the heads-up! I will try it now and report back. 

Edit: unfortunately it still doesn't seem to work.

Edit2: could anyone do me a huge favor and create a save game for me with all of the leagues from these files here loaded and additionally all of the remaining countries from this megapack? You would be the hero of my FM19-summer and I would be eternally grateful!

Edited by eusebio1

On 03/06/2019 at 19:23, Lambda said:

I don't see them in that list either. Sorry if I'm just blind or something.

image.png

I figured it out. Choose to start in the USA when the first 2018 Champions League matches start and then it'll let you start in the 2019 season instead. Then Memphis is listed in the USL Championship.

Just FYI, I'll be releasing an update to the file(s) tonight that makes some changes to some dates. I'll also be releasing a couple of "alternative" versions of the file where all playable clubs are set to professional, and then on that enhances all of the club and competition reputations.

Also I have created a file that adds the new "Leagues Cup" competition between MLS and Liga MX. It will be released as well.

3 horas atrás, Uncle_Sam disse:

Just FYI, I'll be releasing an update to the file(s) tonight that makes some changes to some dates. I'll also be releasing a couple of "alternative" versions of the file where all playable clubs are set to professional, and then on that enhances all of the club and competition reputations.

Also I have created a file that adds the new "Leagues Cup" competition between MLS and Liga MX. It will be released as well.

Awesome! Any chances for a version with promotion/relegation? It would hit the spot!

Edited by shimera

7 minutes ago, shimera said:

Awesome! Any chances for a version with promotion/relegation? It would be awesome!

There are other databases out there that provide pro-rel, this one is supposed to be as realistic as possible :)

5 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Ur U sports database that u and yellow created is that a second file or is it one with ur Canadian or his canadianCanadian

2 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

Ur U sports database that u and yellow created is that a second file or is it one with ur Canadian or his canadianCanadian

The U Sports data and competitions are part of the Canadian files. There will be no changes coming for that.

3.17 Expansion File Update

Changes:

1. Leagues Cup - The recently announced Leagues Cup which pits 4 teams from MLS against 4 teams from Liga MX has been created. It is now in the Concacaf Competitions file. In real life there is no set system for which teams play in the competition, so for now I have it selecting the best teams from the Supporters' Shield. The dates are all from real life, and as the tournament is intended to be played in the US, all MLS teams will host their matches in the tournament. I will modify this file as we learn more about the competition (which they are kind of making up as they go along).

image.thumb.png.12f08ade57cb7e43e3d95a5e68e5b72d.pngimage.thumb.png.8e6587f1e5569bab2d1fdb496a3cec35.pngimage.thumb.png.0d00d2930ea1edec27ca58ff4ba96e8c.pngimage.thumb.png.1d6f0e3e65144ebc6259192a0ac8ebed.png

2. Pro Version of the US Expansion File - I created a second version of the US expansion file which sets all playable teams to Professional status. While this is obviously not how it operates in real life, the hard-coding that goes with playing in the US in FM makes it very difficult to acquire and loan players if you have semi-pro or amateur status. If you are using the file to play MLS only, then you might not need the pro version. If you want to play in the lower leagues, I'd suggest giving the pro version a go.

3. Date changes - Corrected some of the dates on the Concacaf Champions league. It moved most matches up a week. To accommodate this, I moved all of the preseason competitions up to limit fixture congestion for the champions league teams. I also moved up the Pan-Pacific Championship dates.

4. Graphics - The big change here is that I added the Leagues Cup logo.

Why does the 2nd divisions in Canada is called Ligue 1 Orange Mali - A in my game (when I go and select the league it's good with the Ontario 1 and the PLSQ) + Is it normal that the 2nd division in the USA isn't the USL when I check my league to start a new career? 

Thank you.

((I did updated all your file))

Edited by AlexTheTall

Because he used a Mali division to create the parent division and you probably have a real name fix which overrides his change in name.

il y a une heure, Crplz a dit :

Because he used a Mali division to create the parent division and you probably have a real name fix which overrides his change in name.

Ah so I need to get rid of the RL name fix? 

14 hours ago, AlexTheTall said:

Why does the 2nd divisions in Canada is called Ligue 1 Orange Mali - A in my game (when I go and select the league it's good with the Ontario 1 and the PLSQ) + Is it normal that the 2nd division in the USA isn't the USL when I check my league to start a new career? 

Thank you.

((I did updated all your file))

This means that you have downloaded a file that changes the default names of competitions. You'll need to either get rid of that file, or open it with notepad and delete the bit that sets the name to "Ligue 1 Orange Mali".

As for the USL not actually being the second division, that has been done intentionally to reduce the number of college players signed by the lower level professional clubs.

I have an another experience in the PLSQ (2nd division in Canada). I just got my youth intake, and as we don't have a U18 club. All my Youngster got automaticly sign to my team destroying my budget. There was no trial at all sadly. 

Nice work uncle Sam if I wanted to tweak the ncaa squad rule to allow u19 players and make the squad size 99 how would I go about it in the editor because that all the computer seem to sign thanks again

Edited by t27
More detail

I love your files. Thank you very much for them. However, I had a little problem and I had to stop playing on my latest saved game. I played for about 6 years managing a team from Anguilla. And although I qualified each time I won the league for the Caribbean Club Shield when I manged to get through to the qualifying round and won it, therefore advancing to the CONCACAF League, I was never included in the drawing for the competition. True, it was only once, but then I looked over all the winners of the past years for that qualifying round and none of them played in the CONCACAF League despite that fact appearing in the competition rules and in my case being announced via my game inbox. Can this be corrected because I still dream of building a very small Caribbean team and maybe try to win CONCACAF Champions League? Thank you.

Some things I have noticed so far in this save (Early January 2019 start date) Playing as three managers:

As Lansing Ignite, I can now make offers for players on the Chicago Fire, which I was unable to do so before- unfortunately every player refuses, even the ones that are currently playing there IRL

Chicago Fire was given no GAM and a result I had to cut several players who play there IRL and I am trying to play a season now with only 19 players.

The oddest one of all- 6 games into the MLS Season the Chicago Fire are going to Preseason Camp!

Other than those (and the first one isn't really a problem just noting that the change to professional for Lansing still isn't bringing in players), I am really enjoying it. It has brought new life into a game I had grown a little tired of