Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

2 hours ago, Bothan Spy said:

Yeah I've been persevering with 4231 and the opposition still seem to be creating a lot of chances and getting in past my defence. I've lowered the DL slightly in the hope of remedying it. Worked in the next match but too early to tell. 4231 still needs tweaking though. 

Which one are you using. I think I'll need to try settling with one and making adjustments. The thing is I am not in anyway tactical, I just enjoy the game and have always had to rely on plug and play tactics due to time constraints with children and work etc.

1 hour ago, knap said:

I'm sure you will get better results using say Sympathy 442 and just use the players you want in that formation.

I don't doubt that but its hard to get IFs (right foot on left / left foot on right) to work properly in a 442 :(.

1 hour ago, Filer974 said:

Yes I found how to make this 4231 effective. I made readjustments of and DL and LOE and I put positive mentality. 

Since all is well for united. It's very solid defensively

Which tactic are you using again? I might have a look at both yours and @Bothan Spy tactics to see if I can make either work.

Thanks for all the replies.

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sicilian 442 (20.2) in brazilian third division:

557342869_CampeonatoBrasileiroSrieC_Stages.thumb.png.bf93205489f5346357f2276f1f763be0.png 1935620924_CampeonatoBrasileiroSrieC_Profile.thumb.png.7d606cde15267fd9b31f058cff28d1e8.png

Both strikers scoring at good rate (no penalties), typically missing lots of one on ones after long balls. Long throw-ins also provided a few goals, while short corner kicks didn't look very effective despite high number of corners (also lots of off-sides from those) so maybe some room for improvement here. I think most knap's tactics will massively overachieve as long as you don't use one with AMC (or AM in general). Feels a lot like FM 19 match engine (not great if you ask me).

Edited by kandersson

30 minutes ago, knap said:

Try

DL From Much Higher to Higher

then add change LOE from Much Higher to Higher

then add change Attacking to Positive

Just see what you prefer

Excellent thank you Knap, appreciate your response and everything you put into these tactics and this forum.

9 minutes ago, Filer974 said:

Do you want i put a link of my tactic for you ? 

I'd appreciate that, yeah please.

Hi there @knap, how are you mate?
Im thinking use FM20.2BEOWULF442WAFKnapP107ALLCUPS at home with an underdog of Portugal with DL from Much Higher to Higher and LOE from Much Higher to Higher. At away games im thinking use FM20.2SICILIAN442DLKnapP101ALLCUPS with DL from Much Higher to Higher and LOE from Much Higher to Higher too. What you think? ;)

P 107 442 is a top team tactic , so home only should work. Best underdog tactic is Argus 352 nut Sicilian P101 could work and has a dropped D Line

Tactics in green on list are the highly recommended from testing.

1 minute ago, knap said:

ARGUS 352 is best underdog tactic but I would also try Tequila , Sympathy. Sicilian or Wulf 4132

You think i'm an underdog? I mean, I play with Inter... away games vs teams like Torino, Sassuolo, Parma, Fiorentina... I mean, those are difficult away games but you think I have to use an underdog tactic in those matches too?

I tend to look if possible at the best underdog away tactic, which you man need for CL otherwise the other tactics.

Home I would try P107 442 as highest scoring.

However all the tactics win with Lpool home and away, so none are particular only underdog use.

2 minutes ago, 69mango69 said:

Hi guys

using sympathy tactic and on the tactics screen it is saying major issues on the square above the right hand defensive midfield player and I can’t see why as all my players are natural for the roles! Any ideas anyone?

because of player instructions from that side 

in front there is AF for ex at right side. Besides e that 2 DMs have different player instructions. so you se those red aqures

I've tested your 4231, 433 and 433 DM with Leeds and Portsmouth. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if the ME is just as ****ed as it ever was pre-spring-patch but these tactics are defensively appalling. With Portsmouth, although I'm 1st in League 1, I am 14th in goals conceded. With Leeds it was even worse, the 433 could never get me anywhere and I was barely able to keep in the top 3, despite being predicted first.

Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong? Over the top balls are KILLING me!

16 minutes ago, grasu said:

I've tested your 4231, 433 and 433 DM with Leeds and Portsmouth. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if the ME is just as ****ed as it ever was pre-spring-patch but these tactics are defensively appalling. With Portsmouth, although I'm 1st in League 1, I am 14th in goals conceded. With Leeds it was even worse, the 433 could never get me anywhere and I was barely able to keep in the top 3, despite being predicted first.

Exactly the same here.  Can't really keep a clean sheet even against weaker opposition and balls over the top from any midfielder or defender are seemingly unstoppable. 

Hello knap, 

I used 4132 WULF for 20.1 and I won Series D, C and B with Palermo. After patch 20.2 this tactic stopped to work and I changed for the new version (20.2), but it's not working too... Now I am in 14th in Serie A. I already tried all your tactics, but there is no instant results after 20.2 release. Any tip for me? 

I have good youngs... I could be better than 14th. 

Which tactic is better in my case?

Do you use instructions for the players before or during the match?

what about training?

PS: I know instant results is not the best way to check if a tactic is good or not, but looks like all tactics are not working for me.

Thank you very much. 

1 hour ago, deggiall said:

because of player instructions from that side 

in front there is AF for ex at right side. Besides e that 2 DMs have different player instructions. so you se those red aqures

I made sure both dm’s had the same player instructions and it didn’t change anything?

A few test results puts the order as follows

WULF 4132 (FM 19 P112)      P106

SYMPATHY 4222

TEQUILA SUNRISE

FM 20.1 WULF 4141

BEOWULF 442 P107

SICILIAN 4222 P101

SYMPATHY 442                                             

SYMPATHY 4222       VOL 2

NORTHERN SOUL 5-3-2                                   

SICILIAN  4222 P98                                

ARGUS 352            

SM 20.2 PILGRIMAGE 41221       OXFORD                             

BLUE MATTER 433 DM   451                         

BLUE MATTER 433                                    

WULF 424 

Edited by knap

I added a colour code with the list. The last 4 tactics are only try if you have a very good side and want to use the formation.

Dropping DL one notch or to suit your players can help but in essence the AI will constantly try this ball.

38 minutes ago, grasu said:

Whole heartedly agree with you there. Worst year ever for 4231 which is extremely frustrating. 

6 minutes ago, knap said:

Performance of all tactics dropped between 20.1 and 20.2. 

Apart from 4132 try Tequila Sympathy Sicilian or Argus 352

knap, any idea why my team can't seem to learn the tactics? Their familiarity with tactics, even though I've set them in all 3 slots and played 10+ games in the preseason, is still no more than 2/3 full by November. Is this another bug?

9 minutos atrás, grasu disse:

knap, any idea why my team can't seem to learn the tactics? Their familiarity with tactics, even though I've set them in all 3 slots and played 10+ games in the preseason, is still no more than 2/3 full by November. Is this another bug?

Same here... I think it's a bug.

On 09/12/2019 at 19:52, HaraldNatvik said:

Going to give this a go

Wow - what a tactic! Winning every game now, many scoring 5-6 goals. Have a look at this. 

This tactic is as good as the ones you made last year. I have tried all your tactics for 20.1 and 20.2, they've been ok - but this one...wow

image.thumb.png.9a358632a0446246b459a1304927a1ae.png

30 minutes ago, HaraldNatvik said:

Wow - what a tactic! Winning every game now, many scoring 5-6 goals. Have a look at this. 

This tactic is as good as the ones you made last year. I have tried all your tactics for 20.1 and 20.2, they've been ok - but this one...wow

image.thumb.png.9a358632a0446246b459a1304927a1ae.png

what tactic is this???????

I play Freiburg and have always placed top 5 in my first 3 seasons (im about to win it this third season im first 3 games to go) always predicted 14 and worse (16th and 15th), so I would say I did very good I used mainly tweaked knapleipzig442 and Beowulf and sometimes unreally hard away games argus, works pretty good also I still concede way more this patch but ye its more realistic like this anyway

Edited by maxmaster5000

The 352 works slightly better than the other tactics I've tried but NOTHING actually works in this piece of **** of a game! It still boggles my mind as to why we go through this crap every year and buy this extended beta test well before it's done. This year they don't even have the excuse of adding "new features", as they basically only changed a few fonts around and this match engine is STILL absolute garbage. Your strikers constantly miss one on ones, an issue that has been plaguing this game for YEARS! The post is still hit 2 times per match, on average. And, obviously, the over-the-top ball is again the most effective scoring maneuver the AI has, despite you never being able to pull it off as a player.

There is zero tactical or player consistency, and there hasn't been for years. A striker that scores 15 goals in the first 10 games of a season REGULARLY goes on a 10 game dry spell. Tactics that worked perfectly fine until 2 matches ago suddenly stop working because the "brilliant" AI "figures them out". 

Spare yourself the annoyance and just wait for the 3rd major patch , like every year, when they finally ****ing fix the game you pay for 6 months in advance.

13 minutes ago, grasu said:

The 352 works slightly better than the other tactics I've tried but NOTHING actually works in this piece of **** of a game! It still boggles my mind as to why we go through this crap every year and buy this extended beta test well before it's done. This year they don't even have the excuse of adding "new features", as they basically only changed a few fonts around and this match engine is STILL absolute garbage. Your strikers constantly miss one on ones, an issue that has been plaguing this game for YEARS! The post is still hit 2 times per match, on average. And, obviously, the over-the-top ball is again the most effective scoring maneuver the AI has, despite you never being able to pull it off as a player.

There is zero tactical or player consistency, and there hasn't been for years. A striker that scores 15 goals in the first 10 games of a season REGULARLY goes on a 10 game dry spell. Tactics that worked perfectly fine until 2 matches ago suddenly stop working because the "brilliant" AI "figures them out". 

Spare yourself the annoyance and just wait for the 3rd major patch , like every year, when they finally ****ing fix the game you pay for 6 months in advance.

Mate if u don't enjoy the game stop playing it but its so stupid to read what you wrote. First of all, ofc its the best thing for the AI to do to play through balls since most tactics that score a lot have high pressing and low , well ofc u will be exposed to through balls with that, and if u play with a subpar side even more so. Also that you are not able to dominate the premier league first season with lets say Norwich but only get top5 is already very good shouldn't be better if you have not better players, it would be really unrealistic and really unfunny if u just plug in a tactic in any team, that has no weakness at all and wins every game.Try to tweak tactics urself if u are unsatisfied with the results but through balls are definelty not something you can't stop, if u know what you are doing 

2 minutes ago, maxmaster5000 said:

Mate if u don't enjoy the game stop playing it but its so stupid to read what you wrote. First of all, ofc its the best thing for the AI to do to play through balls since most tactics that score a lot have high pressing and low , well ofc u will be exposed to through balls with that, and if u play with a subpar side even more so. Also that you are not able to dominate the premier league first season with lets say Norwich but only get top5 is already very good shouldn't be better if you have not better players, it would be really unrealistic and really unfunny if u just plug in a tactic in any team, that has no weakness at all and wins every game.Try to tweak tactics urself if u are unsatisfied with the results but through balls are definelty not something you can't stop, if u know what you are doing 

Not nearly as stupid as not being able to write the word "you". But no worries, I stopped playing. 

2 hours ago, grasu said:

are you training them in the role?