Quarterfinals: Brazil vs Belgium

PMLF

Just now, Rio_V said:

I think they can get back into this, but only if they don't lose their head. They need one goal. Too much early aggression will gift Belgium another one though.

It will be hard, we should have scored before half-time, now we will be desperate while Belgium will keep threatening us. 

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Redshift said:

Weird how he's never been any good playing DM for Utd.

I guess he's maybe matured in the last few years as he's reached his peak. And lately he hasnt been a DM for United, so it's understandable he's looking like a different man in some regards. 

4 minutes ago, PMLF said:

It has nothing to do with 4 years ago.

Brazil were so good in friendlies and Qualifiers under Tite that the team don't really know how to handle this kind of situation. 

Tite also wasted the friendlies as he didn't try new things, just fielded mostly the same team over and over again.

That's what I mean, 1 down you feel they can come back but at 2 they get that sinking feeling all over again.

Haha, "Lukaku shouldn't be allowed to play with us"

Reminds me of that article where Lukaku said as a kid, other parents used to ask for ID to prove he was in the correct age group as he was huge! 

6 minutes ago, PMLF said:

It will be hard, we should have scored before half-time, now we will be desperate while Belgium will keep threatening us. 

Absolutely, but Belgium can be scored on. Just not sure Brazil will be able to keep their cool. Casemiro seems a big loss in the middle. Very composed player.

Just now, Haguey said:

That's what I mean, 1 down you feel they can come back but at 2 they get that sinking feeling all over again.

It's a similar situation, but it would happen with or without the 1-7.

Most of these players didn't play 4 years ago, and Tite was not our manager, so I don't think the 1-7 itself has any weight.

1 minute ago, Rio_V said:

Absolutely, but Belgium can be scored on. Just not sure Brazil will be able to keep their cool. Casemiro seems a big loss in the middle. Very composed player.

He is a loss surely, but he is still just one player and it's not like Fernandinho is an amateur player.

1 minute ago, Rio_V said:

No surprise. They have to change something. Willian wasn't very good.

I would like to see Douglas Costa on the pitch.

1 minute ago, Heartwork said:

No, he's an entire midfield.

Best defensive midfielder in the world without a doubt for me. 

Passing/vision - average

Dribbling - average

Off the ball running - average

Long shots - average

Just lacks a bit of excitement to his game unfortunately. 

Archived