Round of 16: Brazil vs Mexico

PMLF

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JDownie said:

He will surely start against Belgium if Brazil go through due to Casemiro's suspension? :cool:

Yes, probably.

I am not a fan of VAR, but the far and away best usage in this world cup for me was rescinding the penalty Neymar "drew." I could start to appreciate VAR if that happened more often.

3 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

I remember when Pique talked how he was scared to bring his phone in the locker room. If Keane heard it ringing he'd slap the sh** out of him. :lol:

If Roy Keane and Neymar had ever played in the same team Neymar wouldn't want the ball, Keane would probably crock him for being a utter cockwomble regardless of being on the same team. 

Just now, Heartwork said:

Brazil's players are SO WEAK physically. They get knocked down if a mosquito farts on them

Indeed!

If Mexico scores twice, then all those players will become Hulks.

5 minutes ago, Constantine said:

Watch Neymar and then watch this. Neymar would've fallen 15 times during first three goals in  this clip. He's not worthy to wipe Ronaldo's boots. 

Had just been saying to my family watching the game with me that the last time I ever really enjoyed Brazil was when they had Ronaldo at the 2002 WC. He was so ****ing good. Can't believe that Brazilians rate Neymar higher than Ronaldo. Insane. He was such a good footballer and like you say, he never went down. 

Just now, JDownie said:

Had just been saying to my family watching the game with me that the last time I ever really enjoyed Brazil was when they had Ronaldo at the 2002 WC. He was so ****ing good. Can't believe that Brazilians rate Neymar higher than Ronaldo. Insane. He was such a good footballer and like you say, he never went down. 

Neymar is a very prolific goalscorer like Ronaldo was, and he can also create chances for others better than Ronaldo did.

The problem with Neymar is that he doesn't always use his skills correctly.

2-0.

1 minute ago, JDownie said:

The best/worst thing about 2002 Ronaldo is that he was considerably less agile than during his pre-injury days.

Game over, white-teeth Bobby settles it.

Just now, PMLF said:

Neymar is a very prolific goalscorer like Ronaldo was, and he can also create chances for others better than Ronaldo did.

The problem with Neymar is that he doesn't always use his skills correctly.

2-0.

Neymar might have scored a lot of goals for Brazil but he isn't the prolific finisher Ronaldo was. Ronaldo would have scored the chance Neymar just missed. 

Just now, JDownie said:

Neymar might have scored a lot of goals for Brazil but he isn't the prolific finisher Ronaldo was. Ronaldo would have scored the chance Neymar just missed. 

Ronaldo would have taken that first time early on his left, and roofed it

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

The best/worst thing about 2002 Ronaldo is that he was considerably less agile than during his pre-injury days.

Game over, white-teeth Bobby settles it.

Indeed. That's what made him so great. After everything in 98 he came back with so much determination and purpose. Two goals in the 02 final, had he not been subbed off he could've gotten a hattrick. 

2 minutes ago, JDownie said:

Neymar has scored nearly 300 goals already while Ronaldo scored slightly less than 400. Ronaldo did have a better finishing but Neymar is a very prolific scorer too.

Neymar is also already one of the top scorers for Brazil, ahead of Romário and others.

1 minute ago, G-Man11 said:

If Mexico do lose this I hope Marquez just sprints on and smacks Neymar, nothing to lose with him retiring.

Indeed. And he also might be going to jail anyway aswell :D 

6 minutes ago, JDownie said:

R9 was majestic. The speed at which he moved with the ball and the skills to boot. Unreal. 

R9>Neymar

Everyday of the week and twice on Sundays as the saying goes. 

1 minute ago, PMLF said:

Neymar has scored nearly 300 goals already while Ronaldo scored slightly less than 400. Ronaldo did have a better finishing but Neymar is a very prolific scorer too.

Neymar is also already one of the top scorers for Brazil, ahead of Romário and others.

I'm aware of this, that's probably why Brazilians view Neymar as the better player. 

I think most Europeans will say Ronaldo is better than Neymar though. Especially if we had witnessed him playing at the time. 

Archived