Round of 16: Brazil vs Mexico

PMLF

Brazil's lineup has already been confirmed:

Alisson; Fagner, Thiago Silva (cap), Miranda, Filipe Luís; Casemiro; Willian, Paulinho, Coutinho, Neymar; Gabriel Jesus

BBC preview: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44597762

In 2014, Brazil drew 0-0 with Mexico in the group stage, they are usually a very tough opponent who know how to play against us, so I don't expect an easy game.

Lineups:

DhGew0NWAAEJ8Bq.jpg

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, deltablue said:

I think by this point the Mexican FA know to book the tickets home in advance for after the second round.

Brazil should win but we shouldn't take a Brazilian win for granted as Mexico has a good recent record against Brazil.

9 minutes ago, PMLF said:

Brazil should win but we shouldn't take a Brazilian win for granted as Mexico has a good recent record against Brazil.

Oh I agree there's a chance of a Mexican win but only a minor one. Admittedly I'm not really someone to get my hopes up anyway and Russia showed today that you can never be completely sure.

1 hour ago, JDownie said:

Ferna should be starting :herman:

I hope Man City fans don't start demanding he start like Liverpool fans do with the Firmino guy.

Just now, PMLF said:

I hope Man City fans don't start demanding he start like Liverpool fans do with the Firmino guy.

Nah Jesus should be ahead of Firmino :D

but Ederson and Ferna should definitely play :cool:

2-0 Brazil. I don’t have much faith for Mexico after their last performance, Sweden made them look awful and they’re fortunate to still be in this.

Hopefully Jesus actually turns up to this game, couldn’t see him anywhere in the group stages.

10 hours ago, ArsenalFan7 said:

2-0 Brazil. I don’t have much faith for Mexico after their last performance, Sweden made them look awful and they’re fortunate to still be in this.

I think Mexico's style is to defend deep but with good counter-attacking options, like how they played against Germany. They probably didn't get a chance to try that gameplan against Sweden who they maybe opened up to more? Didn't see that game though.

I could see this one heading to extra time.  I don't think Brazil have a great team in this tournament really.  I think they might struggle to break Mexico down if they sit back.  I'd still take Brazil to get through, but don't think it'll be a major shock if Mexico sneak it.  Probably 1 0 Brazil in extra time

1 minute ago, Nordan said:

I'd prefer we had a national team of your level to being unbeaten in 4 if I'm honest. :) No brainer I suppose.

Yes, of course. It's cool though that Norway (rather than a traditionally top team) have such good results against us.

Archived