Group B: Portugal v Morocco (KO 1300BST)

Rob1981

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sid1984 said:

Ronaldo has done fine. Scored and created a big chance for Guedes. The rest of the team need to not just rely on him.

He was clinical with his chance and it was a good chance created, but other than that he's not done anything. But as I said (and as you suggest) the rest of team need to raise their game. He's not really had any chance to do anything else, so I'm certainly not criticising him.

Just how on earth Pepe didn't get booked here? That is what irks me about the awful standards of refereeing in football. That was such a ridiculous decision for the ref not to book him for diving. Was right in front him and he has seen everything. 

55 minutes ago, Sid1984 said:

Morocco dominating but Portugal are the team who created the 2 best chances. The goal and Guedes shot. Patricio has had nothing to do despite Morocco looking dominant.

Either way, Morocco were the much better team. They had chances but Skied most of it.

Ziyech btw is defo good enough to play for any top club. Surprised Barca are not looking at him.

Nothing I hate more than the term deserved in football.

Scoring is the most important aspect of the game.

They leave one of the best scorers in game's history unmarked during a set-piece and then are unable to convert from 5-6 great chances.

Why would they deserve anything more if they're incapable of taking their chances?

They couldn't score against Iran, either.

Yeah, have to feel a bit sorry for Morocco going out after being the better team in both their games. 

But **** me, there must be someone on a Sunday league pitch somewhere that can do a more convincing impersonation of a defender than Guerreiro today. He was up against Amrabat, not Messi. Beginning to understand why people complain Ronaldo isn't doing all the defending as well.

2 minutes ago, Pukey said:

In fairness, from what I watched from that game they played ok and were unlucky to lose.

Yeah, they were the better team but I feel they did not play as well against Iran as they did today.

Just now, daylight said:

Well he made a world class save, so I'm going to go with a yes to that question.

It was a fair straight forward save. Not as good as Morocco keepers save on Guedes. Portugal were not good but clearly better than Morocco today.

3 minutes ago, Sid1984 said:

It was a fair straight forward save. Not as good as Morocco keepers save on Guedes. Portugal were not good but clearly better than Morocco today.

It wasn't straight forward, Portugal got the result but I wouldn't have said it was deserved.

If I had to use the word 'Deserved' to comment on this match I would say. Morocco DESERVED something from the game.

Just now, daylight said:

It wasn't straight forward, Portugal got the result but I wouldn't have said it was deserved.

If I had to use the word 'Deserved' to comment on this match I would say. Morocco DESERVED something from the game.

So which chance morocco created ‘deserved’ to go in the back of the net?

How can a shot being hit 10 yards over the bar ‘deserve’ to be a goal?

they would have had to score 1 to get a draw.

Can't say it enough this tournament but more naff refereeing. Near 40 fouls and blatant cards ignored, FIFA is making their officials look stupid here. I think the only ref that actually had the balls to get his cards out was the Zambian ref, fair play to him.

Portugal teased me into thinking it'd be a decent game but the turgid 1-0 I expected. Can't complain about the results at the end of the day but they'd probably be the hipsters choice of side with an exciting outlook.

1 minute ago, Sid1984 said:

So which chance morocco created ‘deserved’ to go in the back of the net?

How can a shot being hit 10 yards over the bar ‘deserve’ to be a goal?

they would have had to score 1 to get a draw.

You been drinking?

Archived