[FM18] What do you call genetically modified corn? I suppose it's still corn-ish.

Makoto Nakamura

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2068/69 Champions League Final

St. Buryan vs Bayer Leverkusen

Camp Nou

60a71fcb9bf5e84fb72cce2f9650bc05.png

017503da06f4a0d756016e9411bcb1c7.png

Spoiler

5c8423890117fd8f5c9b0ad5f715f0b1.png

It was not an exciting first half.

Spoiler

7c9e9c7b864a49f203b9073c0b63f225.png

Nor was it an exciting 2nd half, but we've taken it to extra time again.

Spoiler

5adc1a92cdf6ec83fee8487f71121c3a.png

WE SCORED A GOAL!!!

Spoiler

7bc2c8062ec91755d0a3349317cf61ab.png

415e1804838ceed28f8f1ba5349fe612.png

c1b4846aff6dd48114e3240e0aac8ebd.png

e311c38980c29a23d3824cb0e71f48ae.png

Edited by Makoto Nakamura

I hate to say this, but I think you should call time on this career now. You have achieved as much as you can unless you have some more personal targets to achieve. 

Retire at the very top and don't let your legacy be ruined 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Clarky323 said:

WOW! How on earth have you done that ?! The mods may as well just get rid of this part of the forum now as there's nothing left to be achieved that can top this save!

Well done :applause:

57 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

I hate to say this, but I think you should call time on this career now. You have achieved as much as you can unless you have some more personal targets to achieve. 

Retire at the very top and don't let your legacy be ruined 

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, DefenseLover said:

Sextuple.... Amazing, Simply Titanic.

As Fangio would say, You are Number One.

Thanks guys! Now we wait for FM19! :D 

On 15/09/2018 at 18:03, Makoto Nakamura said:

Well, you still havent won the WC with only St Buryan players hade you :D

Just kidding mate, incredible save, loved every bit of it

Edited by aldish
Missclick

Wow, what a save!! Have you considered turning this into a non-fiction bestseller? Might never have to work again with the royalties rolling in... :)

EDIT: And a quadruple (quintuple? sextuple?) with Sithole and Allen on the wings! Gives every pub player in the country hope :D

Edited by dkouv

On 31/07/2018 at 22:56, akura said:

Two clubs i must know more info on! Quorn and Fry's club haha Wheat area are both clubs from?

On 01/08/2018 at 00:40, DefenseLover said:

I think I may have found their website :D

They seem to be a youth team tough, No clue as to how they got to League 2!

Just google them, I think it's the sixth or seventh result

On 01/08/2018 at 04:07, oriole01 said:

They got as high as the Championship on this save, iirc. Looks like they play at Level 11 in real life.

On 01/08/2018 at 07:48, dllu said:

Disappointing. I was hoping it would be a club owned by Stephen Fry.

On 01/08/2018 at 12:17, adamdfry said:

I must admit I was overjoyed to see Fry's Club surviving last season!

On 02/08/2018 at 08:43, Makoto Nakamura said:

We all were! :D 

I've read a lot of pages in the last 24 hours, (about to start page 21), and I've got to admit that there was a short spell where I thought it was a reference to ex Barnet Manager Barry Fry and hos ownership of Birmingham. Was delighted to go back and find out it was a real club. 

On 14/09/2018 at 20:38, Makoto Nakamura said:

I'm not improving Youth Recruitment. I don't even remember asking for it to be improved to Basic. :lol:

On 15/09/2018 at 07:49, aldish said:

How come you aren't improving it? Wouldn't it improve your PA coming through? 

On 15/09/2018 at 12:43, alexcmann said:

Nice to see most of the kids coming through are still Cornwall though.

On 15/09/2018 at 17:03, Makoto Nakamura said:

I think it just increases the radius of birthplaces to be honest.

To add to Aldish' comment, that's why I haven't increased Youth Recruitment (I can't remember improving it to basic) The Cornish believe in the Cornish, I wanted to try and keep the team as Cornish as possible as we rose through the leagues.

I think this is a really interesting point that might have been missed by many. 

While @Makoto Nakamura is correct about the birthplaces, that's an indication of how far the club is able to spread it's net. It's also the reason why the players have such "relatively" high CA values when they come through the intakes, and also why the players that have left have not gone on to super-stardom. (Even those that hinted that they might be Superstars). Yes the players are still being sourced more locally, but the price being paid for that is that the PA is going to be lower on average than if the players were being drawn from a wider area. With Makoto's ability and the specific nature of this thread, I actually think it works really well, but it's not something that should be tried by mere mortals. 

Edited by Jimbokav1971

I'm a bit dumbfounded here if I'm honest. :idiot:

You have just won the Champions League, (twice), the Premier League, the FA Cup, the European Super-Cup, the Club World Cup, (and something else too I think), and you have done it with Youth only players from the 11th Tier of English football. :eek:

To make it worse your idiot Tycoon Chairman almost killed the club and you had to rebuild the facilities from scratch, and and AND... you are not even doing this Youth ONLY thing right because you are all about the CA rather than the PA. (Yes, that comment is VERY tongue in cheek by the way). :lol:

What the hell are the rest of us meant to say or do in response to this? :stop:

I guess there is only 1 thing to say. Bravo. :applause:

5 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

You have just won the Champions League, (twice), the Premier League, the FA Cup, the European Super-Cup, the Club World Cup, (and something else too I think), and you have done it with Youth only players from the 11th Tier of English football. :eek:

13th Tier :brock:

Just to drive home the point of impressiveness more 

Caught up the other day after a busy week. What a glorious end to an outstanding thread. I don't think anyone could have seen this coming so quickly, but it is absolutely brilliant that it has. Admittedly, I didn't follow this career from the start (I only came in when you were in League Two), but I'm glad I've hopped on. This is a worthy reward for a lot of time and effort, and I would think some sort of real-life position at St. Buryan wouldn't be out of the question if they see this :D. Looking forward to whatever comes next on FM19, and I predict there will be some awards coming your way before that. Cheers!

On 28/09/2018 at 20:51, b101 said:

Iran coming in a close second in terms of ridiculous achievements in this save, then! Top work, Makoto :) 

Seeing that was definitely a big surprise!

On 28/09/2018 at 21:07, Rikulec said:

And I thought your Bhutan story was amazing. Hats off, sir. :applause:

Thanks Rikulec! :D

On 28/09/2018 at 21:24, Theodlard said:

Amazing save.  Looking forward to your FM19 exploits.

Thanks theodlard, I have a couple of ideas in mind for FM19. :)

On 28/09/2018 at 21:29, Minuy600 said:

Ho lee ***** what a career. It's been an honor following this from the very start to the very end. Wow. For me it won't be goodbye to FM18, but in your case... What a send-off.

Thanks for following from the start Minuy! It was definitely the perfect way to end things!

On 28/09/2018 at 21:52, john1 said:

Fantastic career you have done :cool: Looking forward to your stories on FM19 :applause:

Thanks John! :D 

On 28/09/2018 at 22:47, Pompeyboyz said:

Don't forget to vote for @Makoto NakamuraNakamura in the FMCU awards :brock:

Thanks Pompey! :D

On 28/09/2018 at 22:53, Northernpilgrim said:

I can't see anybody else winning 

There's been a few very good careers this year, some that I'd forgotten about. :lol:

On 29/09/2018 at 00:38, llDracoll said:

Level 22 in FM19 then? I mean, there's not much else to do after such a thing.

Although at this point I'm more shocked at Iran winning the World Cup lol

At this moment in time I can't see myself managing in England, but who knows what will happen in the next 12 months.

On 29/09/2018 at 07:27, aldish said:

That was a step too far, even for me! :lol:

On 29/09/2018 at 09:45, Jimbokav1971 said:

I've never seen anyone do this before. What an update. :applause:

It just took too long to keep doing that in the end, each update was 2-3 hours.

On 29/09/2018 at 10:33, decapitated said:

This has been a brilliant save to read through :)

Glad you've enjoyed it! 

On 29/09/2018 at 10:42, dkouv said:

Wow, what a save!! Have you considered turning this into a non-fiction bestseller? Might never have to work again with the royalties rolling in... :)

EDIT: And a quadruple (quintuple? sextuple?) with Sithole and Allen on the wings! Gives every pub player in the country hope :D

Nowhere near enough words for me to turn this into a book. :lol: It was a final season sextuple in the end.

On 29/09/2018 at 13:26, DefenseLover said:

Any comments from IRL St Buryan on your final season?

No comment so far.

22 hours ago, Theodlard said:

Had been so focused on this save when I saw the Brighton/Man City scoreline today I thought it was an upset.

Haha, crazy how FM does that!

22 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Yeah, but it's Barnet. In the actual Premier league! :eek: :cool: :lol: :applause: :thup:

Barnet managed a couple of seasons in the end, as did Barnsley.

22 hours ago, Pompeyboyz said:

@Makoto Nakamura

Did Portsmouth actually achieve anything of note during all this time?

League One runners-up in 2046 and 3rd place in 2042, League Two winners in 2054 and 2057. No cup wins.

22 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I've read a lot of pages in the last 24 hours, (about to start page 21), and I've got to admit that there was a short spell where I thought it was a reference to ex Barnet Manager Barry Fry and hos ownership of Birmingham. Was delighted to go back and find out it was a real club. 

Fry's club ended up finishing the save back down in the 6th tier. :( 

21 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Were Team Solent still amateur? :cool:

They're Southampton's Uni team if I remember correctly which is why they're still amateur.

20 hours ago, SmileFaceGamer said:

Wow... wow. A,axing work Makoto, also wtf Iran won the 100 years anniversary of West Ham becoming the first club team to win the World Cup

A lot changes in 100 years!

15 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I think this is a really interesting point that might have been missed by many. 

While @Makoto Nakamura is correct about the birthplaces, that's an indication of how far the club is able to spread it's net. It's also the reason why the players have such "relatively" high CA values when they come through the intakes, and also why the players that have left have not gone on to super-stardom. (Even those that hinted that they might be Superstars). Yes the players are still being sourced more locally, but the price being paid for that is that the PA is going to be lower on average than if the players were being drawn from a wider area. With Makoto's ability and the specific nature of this thread, I actually think it works really well, but it's not something that should be tried by mere mortals. 

And then I improved the youth recruitment when I would no longer see if it had a long term effect. :lol:

15 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I'm a bit dumbfounded here if I'm honest. :idiot:

To make it worse your idiot Tycoon Chairman almost killed the club and you had to rebuild the facilities from scratch, and and AND... you are not even doing this Youth ONLY thing right because you are all about the CA rather than the PA. (Yes, that comment is VERY tongue in cheek by the way). :lol:

What the hell are the rest of us meant to say or do in response to this? :stop:

I guess there is only 1 thing to say. Bravo. :applause:

Thanks for reading Jimbo! Hopefully I have a career half as good as this in FM19. :D 

4 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Caught up the other day after a busy week. What a glorious end to an outstanding thread. I don't think anyone could have seen this coming so quickly, but it is absolutely brilliant that it has. Admittedly, I didn't follow this career from the start (I only came in when you were in League Two), but I'm glad I've hopped on. This is a worthy reward for a lot of time and effort, and I would think some sort of real-life position at St. Buryan wouldn't be out of the question if they see this :D. Looking forward to whatever comes next on FM19, and I predict there will be some awards coming your way before that. Cheers!

The real-life commute would make it out of the question sadly! I might try a Bilbao save to kick off FM19. :) 

16 minutes ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

What a way to bow out.

He didn't win the Community Shield though, the fraud. He's got less of them than David Moyes still...