[FM17][SKIN] VITREX17 v2.0 (updated 1.1.2017)

DimitriFromParis

10 hours ago, oulzac said:

THANK YOU!  Seriously, thank you so much for making this work with zoom at 125%! It looks so amazing on my 27" desktop monitor now. Best skin ever!

I guess I spoke too soon. The only issue I am seeing however is any pop up menu/box have a weird faded black edge and big red box background. All of the popup boxes have this.

Here are some examples:

Spoiler

spGIo.png

This one is just the faded, goofy broken up background, which is fine. But the others with the red are kind of crazy.
sp3aO.png

sp4Mp.png

sphRM.png

Otherwise its looks amazing at this size and zoom.

FYI on this monitor I have it set to 2560x1440 at 125% zoom. I know you didn't technically make it for that size. And what I posted above is literally the only thing wrong with it. Just in case you decided to look at it. I know you probably wont because my situation is very much in the minority and you have other things to do. Which is fine. I'm just letting you know on the off chance.

If I set it to use 100% on 1920x1080 everything looks perfect, but gets a little too blown up and looks grainy. Otherwise I'd just use that. 

Maybe its time to just buy a nice laptop and play on that for FM.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

The game doesn't like the relevant zoom graphics it seems, happens from time to time. These are found in boxes/dialog/standard  (and possibly match if those are an issue too) named paper@2x. You can delete this graphic and it'll revert to the standard paper file, re-do them yourself  in a graphic program or replace with another paper file from pretty much anywhere tbh if you want an immediate solution. I'm sure it'll be rectified in any update. It's nothing to do with your laptop. 

Thanks, that worked perfectly.

On large monitors, the score at the top of the match panel looks like this:

Match_Panel_Good.png

However, on a laptop with lower resolution, it looks like this:

Match_Panel_Bad.png

What file / objects should I edit in order to reduce the size of the logos, team names and match score so that it fits in the available space?''

Edited by Columnarius

18 minutes ago, Columnarius said:

On large monitors, the score at the top of the match panel looks like this:

Match_Panel_Good.png

However, on a laptop with lower resolution, it looks like this:

Match_Panel_Bad.png

What file / objects should I edit in order to reduce the size of the logos, team names and match score so that it fits in the available space?''

Match title bar.xml

It'll be away to see where the height/width containers are for the names/logos etc.

I was able to do it.  My laptop is 1440x900.  I had to make changes to:

1. Size of various text widgets (team names, team scores, clock)
  2. Size of the team logos
  3. Offset values of various containers related to the team logos, various text widgets and the competition logo

Got it to look like this:

Screen_Shot_2016_12_15_at_1_19_06_PM.png

For those interested in trying it out, you can:

1. Make a backup of ../Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2017/skins/Vitrex17 1.4/panels/match/match title bar.xml
  2. Download the attached file, which is my modified version of match tile bar.xml and place in the ../Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2017/skins/Vitrex17 1.4/panels/match/ directory

match title bar.xml

Also...I wonder if its possible to revise most of the containers' sizing to be a dynamic % of available size so that these things just scale up and down automatically?

Edited by Columnarius

13 minutes ago, Columnarius said:

I was able to do it.  My laptop is 1440x900.  I had to make changes to:

1. Size of various text widgets (team names, team scores, clock)
  2. Size of the team logos
  3. Offset values of various containers related to the team logos, various text widgets and the competition logo

Got it to look like this:

Screen_Shot_2016_12_15_at_1_19_06_PM.png

For those interested in trying it out, you can:

1. Make a backup of ../Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2017/skins/Vitrex17 1.4/panels/match/match title bar.xml
  2. Download the attached file, which is my modified version of match tile bar.xml and place in the ../Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2017/skins/Vitrex17 1.4/panels/match/ directory

match title bar.xml

Also...I wonder if its possible to revise most of the containers' sizing to be a dynamic % of available size so that these things just scale up and down automatically?

Looks good, but i can tell you now, that you will have problems with longer team names like Crystal Palaca ect.

21 minutes ago, DimitriFromParis said:

Looks good, but i can tell you now, that you will have problems with longer team names like Crystal Palaca ect.

So reduce the text widgets' size further I guess?  Do you think its possible to revise so that the offset and size are a % of resolution instead of absolutes?  If you anchored to left/right top/bottom and applied percentages, I wonder if you could get the same alignment regardless of resolution?

Hey , I really like the skin, great work.

But since update 1.4 the button/checkbox style has been changed and I rather prefer the old (1.0-1.3) button/checkbox style (the one with the black stripe on the bottom). Is there an easy way of implementing the button/box style of 1.3 in 1.4?

2 hours ago, dosenoeffner said:

Hey , I really like the skin, great work.

But since update 1.4 the button/checkbox style has been changed and I rather prefer the old (1.0-1.3) button/checkbox style (the one with the black stripe on the bottom). Is there an easy way of implementing the button/box style of 1.3 in 1.4?

@dosenoeffner Yes, simply copy over the folders "buttons" and "switches" found in the Vitrex/graphics (both 1.3 and 1.4) folder. Delete the ones already there first, so they don't get mixed up together, even though it should cause no problem just overwriting them anyway.

Edited by DimitriFromParis

On 19.11.2016 at 15:06, DimitriFromParis said:

If all, the best thing to do is opening up the 'client object browser.xml' file found in the 'Vitrex 1.1\panels\client_object' folder.

Copy/paste this piece of code, into around line 14, just udner the widget part:

<!-- background box - covers entire screen -->
  <widget class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/custom/background/paper"/>

<!-- background box - covers entire screen -->
  <widget class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/custom/background/paper"/>

Adjust the corresponding paper.png file in a photo editor, to match the level of transparency your are looking for.

Done.

I would like to have the background more transparent (not darker)

I have tried to follow these steps and edit the paper.png in boxes/custom/background

After doing so I must say that I hardly notice any difference, maybe a little more transparent like 30 %, but I would want it to be 10%, but there is no more to adjust on the paper.png file in the Photoshop editor (I am adjusting the layer properties on the paper.png using software paintNET), what am I doing wrong? Do I have to edit the paper@2.png as well?

(I am using the new version VITREX17 v1.4 (updated 13.12)

I would be grateful for any answer.
Greetings.

This is a fantastic skin, probably one of the best that I've ever used on FM. I absolutely love the new look of the 2d match! 

However, I have too many problems using it since I'm playing with a laptop (i.e. can't see coaches attributes AT ALL).

When (and if) it will be adapted to laptop monitors, I will surely re-download and use it ;)

Hi, I love the look of this skin and although I've successfully installed other skins on FM 17 (Tempo, CFM, Sky Sports and Wannachup) whenever I follow the same process and try and load both this and OPZ Elite while it shows as a folder in my FM 17 skins folder it simply doesn't provide the option to load it via preferences in the game.  Has anyone else had the same problem or have any advice?  I've looked at the video on installing the skin and I seem to be doing what i should be but no joy and I'm developing a very bad case of Virtex Skin envy....Many Thanks in advance for any help :)

Thanks D-L-O I've done as you suggested but no joy and although you never can say I suspected it may have been the case simply as some skins do load.  There's only one Skins folder. Tried installing via Winrar but my Mac won't allow me to use it when I try and uninstall for some reason.  I'll have another bash.

31 minutes ago, Qemyst said:

Have you tried deleting your skin preferences Medders? Search up about it, it might help.

I have now thanks mate, tried various things from playing about with my preference settings, clearing cache and even changing from GPU rendering to software on my Steam account all of which means very little to me if I'm honest but hell I've given it a go!  Spent conservatively 3 hours on it all told and I'm about to give up certainly for tonight unless another kind soul has an inspired thought! Thanks again.

Lovely skin! Just found this when searching for alternatives since the default are sort of broken after the new patch.

I have only one minor issue. The nation map are missing from the club screen. It just shows the logo.

If you want help with creating more city backgrounds, I can probably help with doing a few.

14 minutes ago, AIK said:

Lovely skin! Just found this when searching for alternatives since the default are sort of broken after the new patch.

I have only one minor issue. The nation map are missing from the club screen. It just shows the logo.

If you want help with creating more city backgrounds, I can probably help with doing a few.

Head over to FM Scout or Emil's facebook group, the solution for your issue has been discussed there in details a few times. It's probably because you are using Metallic logos, which interfers with the way the map location widget shows.

Actually, I found the solution. I use standard logos but the pack I used for Competetion logos (and Africa) included background logos and that interfered. When I removed that the maps showed up as it should.

Decided to start using this until the low res version is released. Couple of problems though:

- How can I reduce the height of the grass on the club overview under Last Starting 11? The grass picture is too long and runs past the bottom of the pitch
- The club's location doesn't show up in the bottom right corner of the club overview screen

Just now, tyler16 said:

Looks amazing. Could you please PM me by the way? I may be interested in donating for the hairpack, you guys deserve it 100%. :)

Hi tyler16.

Thanks. It will be out very soon, anyway if you still wish to donate, you can follow this link:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=6U8UDQFLM3UEC

Merry xmas :-)

Wondering if anyone could help me? I'm after putting part of the player overview screen from the Vitrex on the original skin.

307610e72ee7aac0cdf96e208a165df8.png

That is the part I want on the original FM skin, including the signature. I did this on FM16 but have got a new laptop as that one died so I cant even look at the files, cant remember for the life of me how to put this in

4f891bfbe2fc3b9747c97b3b581203fd.png

Thats what I got last year, with the 'flamboyant winger' bit in gold and minus the position tag, was happy with that, if somebody could guide by to something similar I'd be grateful

48 minutes ago, rywilson said:

Wondering if anyone could help me? I'm after putting part of the player overview screen from the Vitrex on the original skin.

307610e72ee7aac0cdf96e208a165df8.png

That is the part I want on the original FM skin, including the signature. I did this on FM16 but have got a new laptop as that one died so I cant even look at the files, cant remember for the life of me how to put this in

4f891bfbe2fc3b9747c97b3b581203fd.png

Thats what I got last year, with the 'flamboyant winger' bit in gold and minus the position tag, was happy with that, if somebody could guide by to something similar I'd be grateful

What have you got so far? Just dragging the player folder from panels should be enough. You'll need to grab the right font file (I'm imagining it's called signature or something similar), and you may need to copy certain code from Vitrex's settings.xml. You'll need to search for that.

9 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

What have you got so far? Just dragging the player folder from panels should be enough. You'll need to grab the right font file (I'm imagining it's called signature or something similar), and you may need to copy certain code from Vitrex's settings.xml. You'll need to search for that.

Been playing about and got this so far

306bd014b18ccd37d361424b0ab081dc.jpg

Pretty happy. Only things I wanna change are the pitch on the bottom left (the icons dont match the pitch) could either change the icons or square the pitch up. Also the shading in the back of the season stats is annoying.

1 minute ago, rywilson said:

Been playing about and got this so far

306bd014b18ccd37d361424b0ab081dc.jpg

Pretty happy. Only things I wanna change are the pitch on the bottom left (the icons dont match the pitch) could either change the icons or square the pitch up. Also the shading in the back of the season stats is annoying.

The postitions panel, you've got a few options. 

1) Open Player Overview Panel, find the positions code, should be around line 15 or so, remove the 'file="player/player positions indicator small horizontal" ' code. 

2) Alternatively, open that file, look at line 31, you'll see a directory in the graphics folder. Copy that to your skin.

Hi Dmitri, I have an issue where I want to register new signings for the premier League and Europa League.  Normally I can see the in/out option to move the odd player around.  Currenly I can't see that option therefore I cant register my new players. It is August and I am not out of any transfer window etc...

Any ideas?  I cant play on full resolution.  Thanks in advance

Edit:  Solved I just changed the zoom % to 95%

Edited by mazza bul

UPDATED TO 2.0
Download here: http://www.fmscout.com/a-vitrex-fm17-skin.html

Update 2.0 changelog:
- Brand new match preview panel
- Brand new match pre match panel
- Brand new match In Between Highlights panel
- Brand new match feed 
- Brand new Vitrex signature match scoreboard
- Brand new match post match pabel