[FM17][SKIN] VITREX17 v2.0 (updated 1.1.2017)

DimitriFromParis

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, DimitriFromParis said:

Which screens are you looking to edit?

All of it really, as for me personally the white text can sometimes be abit difficult to read. I seem to remember I used to be able to adjust the opacity of the skin in older FMs, where has that button gone?

38 minutes ago, oneronaldo said:

All of it really, as for me personally the white text can sometimes be abit difficult to read. I seem to remember I used to be able to adjust the opacity of the skin in older FMs, where has that button gone?

There are problems with the opacity/background selector for FM17, causing the game to crash, so we (and many other skinners) has taken it out of their skins since FM16.

10 hours ago, oneronaldo said:

If all, the best thing to do is opening up the 'client object browser.xml' file found in the 'Vitrex 1.1\panels\client_object' folder.

Copy/paste this piece of code, into around line 14, just udner the widget part:

<!-- background box - covers entire screen -->
  <widget class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/custom/background/paper"/>

Adjust the corresponding paper.png file in a photo editor, to match the level of transparency your are looking for.

Done.

3 hours ago, DimitriFromParis said:

If all, the best thing to do is opening up the 'client object browser.xml' file found in the 'Vitrex 1.1\panels\client_object' folder.

Copy/paste this piece of code, into around line 14, just udner the widget part:

Adjust the corresponding paper.png file in a photo editor, to match the level of transparency your are looking for.

Done.

Ah, knew there was something I needed to do. I already adjusted the opacity of paper.png, was dumbfounded why nothing was happening. Cheers mate.

47 minutes ago, DimitriFromParis said:

Brand new, innovative Club Overview to be released alongside the IR button in next update. Beautifully handcrafted 3D pitch, like the one we've just introduced to the player overview screen as well + all new location/world map located, exclusively made for and by the Vitrex team. Stay tuned guys :)!

Sevilla_F_C_SAD_Overview_Profile.png

Wow that's looking nice! :applause: Looking forward to using it :)

20 hours ago, ltdamn said:

This skin is beautiful, but when I change to 125% zoom the buttons go red and the sidebar/top bar change completely. Is this normal behaviour or am I doing something wrong? I deleted the other skins in my skins folder.

So that is why all the buttons are red, and the top bar looks goofy. I play on a large monitor/desktop. And if I don't use the zoom, everything is so small I can't read any text, so I've been on 125% and never even thought to consider that the issue. The red buttons have been driving me nuts. But at least I know why now. And now that I've seen it at regular zoom, I can't use this anymore. Knowing what its supposed to look like, and what it looks like in order for me to read the text will drive me nuts even more now.

EDIT: I guess I'll just play on my laptop from now on. It looks perfect on my laptop.

Edited by oulzac

5 hours ago, DimitriFromParis said:

UPDATED TO 1.2
Download here: http://www.fmscout.com/a-vitrex-fm17-skin.html

Update 1.2 changelog:
- Brand new Club Overview panel overhaul
- Introduction of a whole new World Map locator widget, made especially for Vitrex by Emil Debski
- Instant Result button added
+ more
hIc1C.png

hIQg2.jpg

It looks great, apart from it changes the player icons for the 2D classic. Is there anyway you can code it so it restores the old graphic for 2D classic whilst keeping the last XI graphics?

34 minutes ago, oneronaldo said:

The city pics dont work for me, its just shows a sunset picture with a translucent image of the club logo on the top left corner of it.

This happens because of two things:

1. You are probably using metallic logos correct? The widget/code used to show City pics in Vitrex, makes use of the games function to normally show "left sided background logos" in the titlebar/header of the game, like you see in this screenshot i've found below - if we made it the "normal" way like the Flut skin makes use of the, they would not only be visible as city pics, but also as the background of several screens including the club overview screen, which we didn't want - you can read more about why here: 

Football-Manager-2010-Free-Download-PC-T

Look behind the main logo in the left top hand corner, there is another instance of the logo, faded, behind. This is what the coding normally is used for. As you are using a logo pack which actually has these logos in it, you are operating with 2 config files right now, both trying to activate the same thing, but from different picture files, and the config files of the logos is "winning" - which is why you see a logo and not a city pic. Therefor you must go into you logos folder, and deactivate the logos found under 'background/left' in there (depending on which logos you are using, the structure can vary) by renaming the config files slightly so the game don't pick them up. If you prefer not to do that, as it might be too techical or take too long time (if logos are in hundreds of subfolders, each with it's own config file) you can also just delete the folders for the "background left" logos all together. And again, if you don't want to do that either, the last, and maybe most easy option is to just grab the whole "Vitrex city pics" folder, and move it directly into the skin folder under:

Vitrex/graphics/pictures/

This will force the game to prioritize them over whatever graphics you have in your other graphics folder in the root FM17 folder in documents - As long as you use Vitrex of course.

2. The second less likely reason you are not seing City pics, is that you didn't download the adpoted City pics megapack needed for this to work:

http://www.fmscout.com/c-fm17-misc-gfx.html?id=4044

Edited by DimitriFromParis

6 minutes ago, DimitriFromParis said:

And again, if you don't want to do that either, the last, and maybe most easy option is to just grab the whole "Vitrex city pics" folder, and move it directly into the skin folder under:

Vitrex/graphics/picture/

This will force the game to prioritize them over whatever graphics you have in your other graphics folder in the root FM17 folder in documents - As long as you use Vitrex of course.

Did this and now its working. :thup:

Cracking skin.

Just one thing I wondered how to alter. I have the flag/location images working for the club overview screen but they override the national flag images for the nation screens.

Is it possible to change this back to the national flag rather than the tailored image for the skin?

20161123171855_1.jpg 

Cheers

9 hours ago, oneronaldo said:
9 hours ago, DimitriFromParis said:

This happens because of two things:

1. You are probably using metallic logos correct? The widget/code used to show City pics in Vitrex, makes use of the games function to normally show "left sided background logos" in the titlebar/header of the game, like you see in this screenshot i've found below - if we made it the "normal" way like the Flut skin makes use of the, they would not only be visible as city pics, but also as the background of several screens including the club overview screen, which we didn't want - you can read more about why here: 

Football-Manager-2010-Free-Download-PC-T

Look behind the main logo in the left top hand corner, there is another instance of the logo, faded, behind. This is what the coding normally is used for. As you are using a logo pack which actually has these logos in it, you are operating with 2 config files right now, both trying to activate the same thing, but from different picture files, and the config files of the logos is "winning" - which is why you see a logo and not a city pic. Therefor you must go into you logos folder, and deactivate the logos found under 'background/left' in there (depending on which logos you are using, the structure can vary) by renaming the config files slightly so the game don't pick them up. If you prefer not to do that, as it might be too techical or take too long time (if logos are in hundreds of subfolders, each with it's own config file) you can also just delete the folders for the "background left" logos all together. And again, if you don't want to do that either, the last, and maybe most easy option is to just grab the whole "Vitrex city pics" folder, and move it directly into the skin folder under:

Vitrex/graphics/pictures/

2. The second less likely reason you are not seing City pics, is that you didn't download the adpoted City pics megapack needed for this to work:

http://www.fmscout.com/c-fm17-misc-gfx.html?id=4044

Did this and now its working. :thup:

I tried this and its not working for me... any ideas? thanks

On 11/23/2016 at 20:25, willz71172 said:

love the skin but dont work or look good on my laptop :( i play windowed mode 1366x 768 res

You'll need to adjust the background image.  the address with be in the club overview panel, (look for the appearance="xxx" bit just above the pitch with tactics info.

you can prob play with the inset or offset values or the whole image itself in paint, if you can do that sort of thing.

This is special.  Dmitri you are obviously a talented guy. I was super excited last night and as I slept I downloaded your skin and all the backgrounds (slow download speeds in England)  It was like Christmas morning today, couldn't wait to install the graphics, only to realise that they are not done for the resolution for laptops.  Gutted.  I like it so much still that I am still using it!!  Looking back on the posts you said you may be adapting for laptops. Do you have an estimated time.  Thanks again and well done on your work.:)

11 hours ago, Abaddon879 said:

Any reason the match prep and general training were swapped in the team training screen?

Is there an easy way to change these back to the normal layout?

Yes there is. If you look at the training overview screen, the panel left to the middle panel with the slider, is where you chose your match preperations (focus and tactics) - and on the contrary on the panel right of the slider panel, you choose general training (focus an intensity) - this is how we find it more logical, as the slider dictactes more match training when dragged towards the left (the panel controlling match preparation) and less match training (i.e. more general training) when it's dragged to the right (where the general training panel is).

It's seemed odd to go toward the panel controlling which types of general training the squad do, just to see match training getting increased - like it is in the default SI skin.

You can just delete the "team training overview panel.xml" files in Vitrex/panels/team and you will have the default setup back.

Thanks for the reply. I see the logic, I just found it very strange after years of having the same layout, despite how illogical it was (I had never actually noticed).

I'm gradually getting used to it, so maybe something they might consider in the default skin as I realise now it does make more sense.

2 hours ago, mazza bul said:

This is special.  Dmitri you are obviously a talented guy. I was super excited last night and as I slept I downloaded your skin and all the backgrounds (slow download speeds in England)  It was like Christmas morning today, couldn't wait to install the graphics, only to realise that they are not done for the resolution for laptops.  Gutted.  I like it so much still that I am still using it!!  Looking back on the posts you said you may be adapting for laptops. Do you have an estimated time.  Thanks again and well done on your work.:)

Hello mazza bul. Thank you but unfortunately i cannot take the responsibility for the skin. I am just helping out my friend who can't be on the forums, and mostly with research on here, plus very small tasks on the side. The credit must go to Emil Debski :-).

3 minutes ago, Abaddon879 said:

Thanks for the reply. I see the logic, I just found it very strange after years of having the same layout, despite how illogical it was (I had never actually noticed).

I'm gradually getting used to it, so maybe something they might consider in the default skin as I realise now it does make more sense.

Haha you are wery welcome, at least you have the solution now, if not :-).

Really what's the wrong way around, is the slider. It's strange to go towards left and increase something. We're used to increasing by scrolling right in everyday digital life. 

On 2016-11-13 at 14:31, DimitriFromParis said:

Love the skin

but i have some issues

1) In all the Screen shots of this skin the menubar or sidebar i see only icons(like in ss of vidal ) but when i load this skin i see a full menubar with names like home in box squad .I would love to just keeo them as icons and no names displayed .Is there a way to do that

2) I know a lot of people play on laptop so until a resolution that fits the laptop is out there will be some errors in the skin. Is there something i can change to make it fit better as in player profile no matter what i do under the player pic everything is cut like his wages club logo his proce etc.

like in the player profile of herrera everything under his screen shot is cut .I dont mind the small pic but would like all the things that are under vidals name to be there

Thank you in advance

20161127131114_1.jpg

123456.jpg

20161127131749_1.jpg

Edited by alex1234

2 hours ago, alex1234 said:

20161127131114_1.jpg

123456.jpg

20161127131749_1.jpg

Hi Alex.

1. This is very easy. From the game menu, go to PREFERENCES -> INTERFACE -> tick off SIDEBAR ICONS-ONLY. Done.

2. This is a more advanced issue, especially if you are not used to skinning, as there are several panels included in the player overview. You will have to play around with these three, in order to get it to work:

- panels/player/player personal details panel.xml (first and foremost)
- player overview panel.xml
- vitrex player profile picture kit.xml

Alternatively you can wait, as there will be a low res version out in some weeks hopefully.

56 minutes ago, sebva said:

Hi,

Great skin! Altough there seems to be something wrong with the Classic2D mode.

http://imgur.com/a/NgMHt

Just delete this folder, and you will be ok: 

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\skins\Vitrex 1.2\graphics\pitch\icons\kit

Remember to clear cache and reload skin afterwards.

Regarding the locator maps, how much of an effort would it take to make those represent a more correct location of the club? As of now, it "only" shows the country (specifically, the location of the country's capital, if I'm correct), but, especially for larger countries, it doesn't indicate where the club's located (i.e. L.A. Galaxy and D.C. United in the MLS would have the same "location", but are more than 2,500 miles apart..

Is it possible to pinpoint the city, or would that require way too much work?

Good skin, btw. :thup: