Now with FM 17.1, is it time to create the long term save?

League rules and minor bugs where addressed.

So the question is, is there this huge thing unfixed which will force me to create a new save like a crash on a date or something or should I begin my long term save?.

In the meantime I'm managing a team on India just to test tactics.

I'm waiting until release to start a long term save, because of some database updates. In the meantime I'm just getting to know the game.

If you don't care about database, you can start right now, there aren't any crashes (at least for me), and everything else that will be updated does not require new game.

@Neil Brock: I suppose that depends. My beta game save has been pretty much ruined by the bug that makes your players complain about not getting first team action even when they do, and then wanting to leave. Yes, I have brought this up on the relevant forum, and provided the necessary save games, and the issue is under review. Hopefully, it'll be fixed upon release.

But my beta game save being the long term save for me? No way, not possible.

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

@Neil Brock: I suppose that depends. My beta game save has been pretty much ruined by the bug that makes your players complain about not getting first team action even when they do, and then wanting to leave. Yes, I have brought this up on the relevant forum, and provided the necessary save games, and the issue is under review. Hopefully, it'll be fixed upon release.

But my beta game save being the long term save for me? No way, not possible.

That issue has already been addressed in 17.1.0. 

11 minutes ago, kuraeero said:

How about the work permit issues caused by brexit? Have those been addressed? I would love to start a long term save in England, but the brexit issue needs to be addressed first.

what are the issues? have you got a link to a thread in the bugs forum?

@Neil Brock: Very, very happy to hear that! I'm still going to star a new game. I have plenty of players with negative opinions of me, and the update didn't just wipe all that away. I suppose I could save the situation and get them back on my side, but since I've only played about 12 competitive games, it's easier to start anew.

I'm playing atm, but I'm hoping to go long term in Argentina and right now its knackered on a few fronts. Its playable, yes, but its not if you know what the problems are.

The good note is that SI have responded to all the posts, so hopefully release day things are fixed.

Not starting mine until the final state of the game, so somewhere around March next year, after the winter update and third patch.

No real reason other than that I'm still massively enjoying my long term saves on FM15 and (to a lesser extent) FM16.

2 hours ago, Wasp said:

Yep, me too. Need to put my mate in as assistent manager. :p

And me, the researcher for my team has made so many mistakes, we're missing Development players, scouts, coaches etc all has to be added or adjusted before I can start.

Just now, Xeneize12 said:

In the Argentina league there's a big scheduling issue that pretty much kills it for a lot of people wanting that league...

I guess, this is already reported in the bugs forum? If not, please do it.

On 02/11/2016 at 16:22, TQ13PS said:

I've been using the beta as a tactics tester and have come up with 3 that I'm happy with, it will start a new save on Friday and not look back until FM2018.

Exactly the same with me. I have 3 tactics that work with Barcelona and 3 tactics that work with Grimsby. So I can use the editor in the morning, add and edit leagues, and put Millmoor Juniors in, start at level 11 and go from there.

On November 1, 2016 at 13:24, DoubleJ said:

Was just about to start one but since the patch the german and spanish name fix is no longer working. 

That always breaks everytime there's an update. Your website where you got the file should mention this. When Steam auto-updates, it will reverse the changes the patch put out, so you'll need to reapply it each and every time.

On 1/11/2016 at 13:46, Neil Brock said:

That issue has already been addressed in 17.1.0. 

I know that we are all moaners, but still, i think you should have released notes about what you were able to change from beta to full game. For example i had 2 games completely ruined by my players not going to preseason hard training because of a bug, i still dont know if you guys fixed this, so i ll be saving the game each day i sim in preseason until i get that message about picking the players that would be a part of the pre season. 

In my honest opinion, its more important to know what you guys were able to fix, and to just ignore the whiners that are going to cry about what you didnt have time to fix.

Archived