Who Were Your Favorite Players This Year?

wynter

As we get ready for FM17, were there any players in particular you enjoyed the most in 16? 

For me the guy I had the most fun with was Federico Giraudo 

48998b0881f503bd26bb38c3b13a6e1e.png 

16 Year old who starts at Toro. Didn't have any left wingers of note and couldn't afford any so I decided to use him from the first season. Then I shifted him to WB in 16/17 and he's been a lot of fun since, absolutely bossing the flank. Definitely going to try and recreate him in 17 if I get lucky. 

Feel free to add regens if you want, I figured I'd just start with a player everyone can access either in 16 now or for the next game if he gets enough interest :)

Can't get a screenshot as I have uninstalled fm now, but Gonzalo Martínez at River. Young, pacey, full of flair, skill and can whip in a mean cross, along with being a tidy and fairly creative passer and a nice long shot. All for 3-4m.

Ideal as a backup at a big club, or as a starter at any club needing a spark when trying to step up a level. Suspect I'll still be buying him in a lot of saves in 17.

The most fun I have had with a save is my current one - I am trying to lift TNS to the dizzy heights.  In 2024 now and my favourite players have been welsh stalwarts, Robbie Earnshaw, Joe Ledley and James Chester, all of whom I got in the twighlight of their careers but helped immensely.

Seriously though my favourite player from this year's game is Milik, reminds me of when Artem Milievsky used to dominate the game.

I don't tend to manage big teams so I always look around for players who I think could be a bargain.  Usually players who haven't done anything of note in the game but who I think have the attributes to do well.  Anyway, I landed the Heracles job in Holland and decided I needed a striker.  The one who really stood out for me was Cedrick Badjeck of Excelsior.  He hadn't played many games for them so I got him at a relatively low price.  since then he's gone on to be a 20 goal a season striker and an icon for my club.

Dele Alli for me. He is becoming one of my favorites IRL too. Can play MC and AMC in almost any role as needed. Very well rounded attributes. I think we will see him get better on FM17.

Btw, I've used him in different saves with Tottenham, Liverpool and Barcelona. He performed equally great in all 3 saves.

Jordan Ibe was one for me at my Burnley side. Even though he only stayed with us for one season before moving on for big money. Just an electric kind of player who was great going forward, either passing, dribbling, crossing or finishing he was a danger. Similarly Philip Ochs is also a beast for my at Schalke, that guy is the complete package of the left wing. 

Sebastian Corchia, French right wingback from Lille,  best £7.5m I've spent in any saves I reckon. Bought as backup to Matteo Darmian, ends up taking the Italian's place and forcing me to move Darmian over to the left back spot instead. Consistent, dependable and always performs in the big games. I look for young prospects in every position but I never really bothered with right backs as Corchia was a locked in starter.

For me it was a guy called James Husband, a LB/LWB. Starts off at Middlesborough and can be bought very cheaply, apporx £500k.

I have bought him in various saves and always does a job. Usually as a back-up for a top club, but never moans and always puts in good performances when called upon. As Chelsea I had him as back-up to Jorge. He was with me for 8 seasons and averaged 20 games a year, never moaned once and was only ever on £30k per week.

Even though he isn't really a hidden gem, but rather one of the best prospects in the game, Renato Sanches has been an absolute beast for my Tottenham team. I have mostly played him as a roaming playmaker, and he has killed almost every match, since I bought him.

Renato Sanches_ History Career Stats.png

Renato Sanches_ Overview Attributes.png

Choice of 3 for me, St Etienne save where i won ligue 1 first season Nolan Roux bossed it up front on his own.  Others would be from a long term save as AC Milan, Renato Sanches I bought early and made him club captain soon after and he ran the show from midfield for 15 seasons or in front of him was Belloti banging 20+ goals every season!

Archived