Spain announce 25-man provisional squad

adhikapp

The cheek of someone else starting my thread :D

Would have refused to watch if Saul hadn't been called up, but I guess Del Bosque isn't quite that senile yet. Lucas V. and one of San Jose, Bartra or Bruno dropped I guess.

No Mata? Just shows how bad the England squad is.

And England fitting in Delph and Townsend in while Spain can't fine room for Mata, Cazorla, or Costa :D

Didn't see your name on it :brock:

Would have refused to watch if Saul hadn't been called up, but I guess Del Bosque isn't quite that senile yet. Lucas V. and one of San Jose, Bartra or Bruno dropped I guess.

You would have refused to watch? Bit extreme.

The strikeforce looks pretty weak IMO.

This is a side that deliberately left out Costa, Alcacer and a rejuvenated Torres! Though of the three Alcacer is the only one I'm surprised about.

Amazed that Del Bosque actually saw the sense in calling up Saul, very unlike him.

Spent most of last two seasons injured so not surprised he's not included when they're stacked in midfield and don't need him as a 1st choice CB.

Closest they have to replacing Busquets. He's been fit for the last couple of months, I would have taken him. Great player.

Closest they have to replacing Busquets. He's been fit for the last couple of months, I would have taken him. Great player.

Bruno can comfortably play that role, plus San Jose had developed into a decent DM. They'll miss him more in the fact they their CB's outside of the starters are awful.

Can't believe Costa and Torres both been left out. Morata guaranteed starter?

No. Could start but not guaranteed.

Not sure why you're surprised about the other two. Torres had a fair chance of making it but Diego Costa has been atrocious whenever he's played for Spain. As G-Man said, Alcácer is the surprise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived