[FM2016] FMUpdates EEE - England, Enhanced, Expanded - 9.0.2 Out Now

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im hoping for some positive news in this thread soon. Would love to kick off a career at Christmas time. :) (no pressure :p)

Not sure if ill pick one random team in the lowest league, or try editing my "fake club" at lowest level.

Will the Create a club option work with this file also?

Hi,

If you need any information for Barnton FC in the North West Counties Football League Division One don't hesitate to ask, I'll get the information fairly quickly as I'm involved with the club!

Sports Interactive need that information more than we do, please consider checking post #3.

So that everyone is aware, we are still working extremely hard on this release. We are now at a point where we can start working on the Advanced Rules, and hopefully in a week or two we can start testing the file.

Expect more updates over the holidays and more features to be 'featured' here and on our website. If you haven't been there yet, click on the FMUpdates logo on our opening posts and it'll take you there. We hope you like it.

Im hoping for some positive news in this thread soon. Would love to kick off a career at Christmas time. :) (no pressure :p)

Not sure if ill pick one random team in the lowest league, or try editing my "fake club" at lowest level.

Will the Create a club option work with this file also?

I'm afraid it isn't looking likely for a release for Christmas I'm afraid. I may be big, but I'm no Santa!

Are you having similar issues as other lower league databases regarding excessive reputation gains, ticket/season prices not taking effect & using AI ones, players signing for far lower reputation clubs/levels even if on amateur contracts etc. These & other things seem to effect the realism on lower league databases as it stands.

Forgot to add managers not being appointed to lower level clubs, & keep signing ones at higher level clubs. Many of these clubs remain managerless for years.

Are you having similar issues as other lower league databases regarding excessive reputation gains, ticket/season prices not taking effect & using AI ones, players signing for far lower reputation clubs/levels even if on amateur contracts etc. These & other things seem to effect the realism on lower league databases as it stands.

Forgot to add managers not being appointed to lower level clubs, & keep signing ones at higher level clubs. Many of these clubs remain managerless for years.

We've not yet reached that stage of testing our file, so we cannot comment.

Such issues have alwyas been attached to llm, but this year they seem stronger and very annoying, i don't think they relate to editable items, we've been trying and thinking about them for a month but without any solution, apparently it's the hardcode

Such issues have alwyas been attached to llm, but this year they seem stronger and very annoying, i don't think they relate to editable items, we've been trying and thinking about them for a month but without any solution, apparently it's the hardcode

I think you are right about being hardcoded, but was trying to see if these issues had come up in this database. Seems a bit strange that it hasn't been tested yet, as when I do any modding or editing I test it as I go along to see what sort of problems there are.

I think you are right about being hardcoded, but was trying to see if these issues had come up in this database. Seems a bit strange that it hasn't been tested yet, as when I do any modding or editing I test it as I go along to see what sort of problems there are.

That's not easy when you have 5 people working on the release, and around 50 separate files. We're not yet at the stage where we can test, mainly because we're inputting quite a lot of data - more than we've ever put in.

Just for a reference of scale all of our files currently add up to an XML file with over 3.2 million lines and a size of 223MB with a total of 155,472 database changes. We're not quite done yet, there's a lot that goes into this file - including original fixtures for an additional 21 leagues. Those figures are completely unprecedented for any file out there for England Level 9.

As it can take about 30 minutes to build the files together, at this stage it's simply not feasible to test the file given that we're not finished. Once we've got the competition rules set up we will start testing the file. We are also planning updates once released (other than necessary bug fixes) with added content.

That's not easy when you have 5 people working on the release, and around 50 separate files. We're not yet at the stage where we can test, mainly because we're inputting quite a lot of data - more than we've ever put in.

Just for a reference of scale all of our files currently add up to an XML file with over 3.2 million lines and a size of 223MB with a total of 155,472 database changes. We're not quite done yet, there's a lot that goes into this file - including original fixtures for an additional 21 leagues. Those figures are completely unprecedented for any file out there for England Level 9.

As it can take about 30 minutes to build the files together, at this stage it's simply not feasible to test the file given that we're not finished. Once we've got the competition rules set up we will start testing the file. We are also planning updates once released (other than necessary bug fixes) with added content.

Wow that's crazy.

As someone with experience of editing English leagues... wow, that's crazy :D

I'd really question the value of adding real fixture lists, which only impact on the first season anyway. But you guys know what you're doing, and you do a great job so good luck with it :D

I'm waiting eagerly!

I'd really question the value of adding real fixture lists, which only impact on the first season anyway. But you guys know what you're doing, and you do a great job so good luck with it :D

I'm waiting eagerly!

One, you get the real fixtures for the season as they were originally announced. Two, you notice patterns that can be implemented into the game once you spot them.

We're also planning to have a similar system for cups.

I've never downloaded your databases from any previous versions of football manager, I'm so looking forward to this as I love playing as a lower league club and trying to take up through the pyramid. My hat go off to you and others working on this database. As it's a lot of work for you to do to update the data as some data is hard find. Plus you most have a lot of patience to do this, because I would have given up by now. I used to have a lot of patience and do my own database with lower leagues & update the data, but nowadays I haven't got patience to do this, so I wait someone like yourself who has the patience to do this.

Recently I've been working on the FA Vase system for EEE. The FA Vase has been the main stumbling block as it has a qualification system that gives byes to clubs for the following season. The only workaround is to have as many versions of the FA Vase as there are possible Qualification numbers.

The other issue is that once you are promoted to Level 8, you no longer enter the FA Vase. Previously there was no way to omit these teams, but this should now be possible. I am therefore hopeful that we can get the FA Vase working correctly.

We currently have 406 different Advanced Rules versions of the FA Vase set up so that the game can identify how many teams to give byes to at the First and Second Round of the cup, and each version has a slightly different number of teams entering up to the Second Round. We've also got a separate version for this seasons FA Vase that is necessary not only to place the correct teams but also to make changes to the other versions that we have developed.

Hopefully this insight into how much focus we place on the rules and systems of competitions shows our dedication to bringing you the ultimate Football Manager experience.

Recently I've been working on the FA Vase system for EEE. The FA Vase has been the main stumbling block as it has a qualification system that gives byes to clubs for the following season. The only workaround is to have as many versions of the FA Vase as there are possible Qualification numbers.

The other issue is that once you are promoted to Level 8, you no longer enter the FA Vase. Previously there was no way to omit these teams, but this should now be possible. I am therefore hopeful that we can get the FA Vase working correctly.

We currently have 406 different Advanced Rules versions of the FA Vase set up so that the game can identify how many teams to give byes to at the First and Second Round of the cup, and each version has a slightly different number of teams entering up to the Second Round. We've also got a separate version for this seasons FA Vase that is necessary not only to place the correct teams but also to make changes to the other versions that we have developed.

Hopefully this insight into how much focus we place on the rules and systems of competitions shows our dedication to bringing you the ultimate Football Manager experience.

That is truly amazing and above and beyond even what SI do for the base game. Kudos, and I can't wait to play!

I'm waiting eagerly!

I am also personally nonplussed about real fixture lists for the same reason that they only affect the first season and are truly cosmetic, although a nice cosmetic addition nonetheless. But you should see the speed GaZ does them, he has really got the technique down to a fine art!

It will be worth the wait. The team have done a tremendous job on their previous releases.

We actually feel that this release is going to an improvement on what came before, not just the obvious benefits of level 9 but in general playing a English based save with our file.. but thankyou for your continuing confidence & patience in us.

FMUpdates EEE - England, Enhanced, Expanded

FMUpdates2014logo%20short%20bottom_zpsgq0aiea4.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-07%20at%2022.07.02_zps20juuoga.png

EEE - ENGLAND, ENHANCED, EXPANDED FEATURE UPDATE

As ever, EEE will provide you with only the best and most advanced, realistic, detailed and reliable League Expansion around for the 'Football Manager' series. Accept NO substitutes!

The most recently announced features are:

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-26%20at%2017.57.48_zps3my91lrb.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-26%20at%2017.57.52_zps6ubihe0n.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-26%20at%2017.57.58_zps6vb3fcd5.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-26%20at%2017.58.01_zpsahbfuuev.png

#supportlocalfootball #FMUpdates #EEE #FM2016

3b1c4ebc-ed77-46d2-ae5e-d53168b8744e_zps5cf80029.jpg FB-f-Logo__blue_144_zps2ecaf7ea.png ec1afb45-4133-4474-a751-8e1f1d9eefc4_zps4ygtffzn.jpg

FMU3transparentlongshorttop_zpsvbdnmkig.png

We're at the stage where the file is able to be tested. While there's still a little way to go, this is a big milestone for us.

The file at release may not have everything we would like to include as there is so much that needs to be added. Rest assured that after the initial release there will be subsequent releases. The next job will be the implementation of Level 9, the FA Vase and all of the Lower League and County Cups.

On another note, we've implemented the correct Income Tax levels for the UK. Because, you know, it's important that lower league players have a bigger personal Income Tax allowance!

We've never had real players at the lower league level. For that we'd recommend those who are in the position to do so to help Sports Interactive out - any missing players should be in the database. If you follow a club at one of these lower levels and wish to expand the SI DB, details of how you can help are on post #3.

Will this actually have real players at the lower level clubs?
We've never had real players at the lower league level. For that we'd recommend those who are in the position to do so to help Sports Interactive out - any missing players should be in the database. If you follow a club at one of these lower levels and wish to expand the SI DB, details of how you can help are on post #3.

I would just add that while we do not add any players/non players to the db ourselves. Teams playing in levels 7 & 8 will generally still have a good starting group of real players, some of them such as the the teams I help out SI with will have complete squads and more! Level 9 is a bit more patchy, but please do not think there are empty squads all the way through the leagues EEE focuses on.

Hello,

For the first version you'll not inclued the county cups ?

The wording is a little confusing in post 188, but having reread it it appears the team are ready for testing, implementing level 9, FA Vase and other cups, probably more testing and then release.

I myself could do with it tomorrow because Big Brother starts again and that's the perfect excuse for me to have some game time while the wife watches that crap. :D

• 2 weeks later...
My local teams are both in step 8 (Gresley & Coalville Town) but I'm looking forward to giving Heather St John's a bash in step 9 as well if it's as well done as your previous works.

Heather were relegated from the now defunct Midland Alliance a few seasons ago. So they are level 10 now. Bardon Hill were promoted from the EMCL last season though, so are another local shout.

Also, don't get your steps & levels mixed up; 'level' is for the whole english league system (PL is Level 1 etc). Meanwhile 'step' is for the National League System (NLS) starting with National League as Step 1. ;)

Archived