[FM2016] FMUpdates EEE - England, Enhanced, Expanded - 9.0.2 Out Now

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are nearly there with the FA Vase - once this is done we can start testing the file in game rather than in the editor. We've got the qualification setup to work and get the correct teams, we just need to get the FA Vase to pick them up.

Once we start testing it's a case of getting as many bugs squashed as possible and not too long after that will be the first release.

Me too. I am checking this thread several times a day in the hope it is released. Which I know is pathetic. :)

Not pathetic at all, but we're still a little away from release, at least a week? Initially we'd hoped that we would have this available for January, but it might push into February as we've had to rise to some challenges (namely the increase in research effort going into the file and the extra workload that Level 9 football brings). I will say that I do plan to get the file onto Steam Workshop for those who are helping us with testing and content for the file so that the file can be tested. At this stage the file will be hidden and so not visible to the public but it is yet another important step as we'll be able to have a few people test out the file for any bugs or errors that we've missed.

I've also been away in Denmark over the weekend and I had intended for the file to be at this stage, as mentioned in post #206 the FA Vase has not yet managed to get the teams and just requires a little more work.

I really cant wait for this. If you need any help with anything I can maybe chip in somewhere ... just dont ask me to programme thats one thing i cant do lol.

Would you be able to contact us on Discord? It's quick and easy to setup, details are on the first post. My name on there is theRedOne7, you can privately message me on there. It's where we do all of our communication and collaboration on these days.

I'd also like to extend that offer to anyone who would like to help us out. Generally we are after those who can research the history of competitions, records etc - anything that will enhance the experience of playing at a lower level. daniellewis789 is our resident expert on locating all of this obscure information and can help you with the same details. He is jWaSiMhE on Discord, you may also message him privately on there if you would like to help us out.

Lastly if you want to help out with player research, check out post #3 - Sports Interactive are the ones that would need that data - that way all content creators will benefit.

Looking forward to this one gents.

Would you please extend my thanks to the team involved with the Editor as generally this edition is pretty much spot on. The Test Competition works brilliantly with this version and it's making my testing checks really fast and easy to browse for errors in the file.

Not pathetic at all, but we're still a little away from release, at least a week? Initially we'd hoped that we would have this available for January, but it might push into February as we've had to rise to some challenges (namely the increase in research effort going into the file and the extra workload that Level 9 football brings). I will say that I do plan to get the file onto Steam Workshop for those who are helping us with testing and content for the file so that the file can be tested. At this stage the file will be hidden and so not visible to the public but it is yet another important step as we'll be able to have a few people test out the file for any bugs or errors that we've missed.

I've also been away in Denmark over the weekend and I had intended for the file to be at this stage, as mentioned in post #206 the FA Vase has not yet managed to get the teams and just requires a little more work.

Hi mate,

I'm also up for some testing if you need people.

Niall

A big thankyou too those who have posted in this thread and showed their support via other methods such as social media/joining the discord channel/offering to help out etc. I would also extend that thankyou to those who keep an eye on the progress of the release but don't actually post in the thread as I am sure plenty of you do.

Rest assured that all of this expectation and demand for the release of the file is really spurring us on now to make the file firstly ready for release as soon as we can, but also improving in every way possible what has come before.

I would also extend that thankyou to those who keep an eye on the progress of the release but don't actually post in the thread as I am sure plenty of you do.

Thanks Daniel. I am one of those "lurkers", and haven't even loaded my copy of FM2016 yet, as I only want to play once your file is available.

Thanks to all of the team for your fantastic efforts.

Improvise

I understand this goes down to level 9, with an unplayable level 10. Would it 'break' the database in any way if Level 10 was made playable? I only ask because I want to manage a team in Level 10 who I played a few games for several years ago who have finally made it to the Northern Counties East League this season, and would like to know the best way to achieve this without too much of a detrimental effect on the game.

I understand this goes down to level 9, with an unplayable level 10. Would it 'break' the database in any way if Level 10 was made playable? I only ask because I want to manage a team in Level 10 who I played a few games for several years ago who have finally made it to the Northern Counties East League this season, and would like to know the best way to achieve this without too much of a detrimental effect on the game.

I assume you used to play for Westella & Willerby or maybe Hull United in it's previous form. If you simulate a season your club will stand a chance of getting promoted to level 9 (you can also increase the chance of this happening).

I assume you used to play for Westella & Willerby or maybe Hull United in it's previous form. If you simulate a season your club will stand a chance of getting promoted to level 9 (you can also increase the chance of this happening).

Yep, holiday until 23 June 2016 and save the game. Holiday for one more day, check who got promoted (Nation --> Overview --> Season Summary) and if they are there, then viola. If not, reload and repeat.

I assume you used to play for Westella & Willerby...

Bloody hell, that's an impressive piece of deduction going on there. Unless the knowledge required to undertake this database extends as far as to be aware of journeyman Humber League right-backs who haven't kicked a ball in nearly ten years. Either way, I'm impressed.

Apropos of Westella, they currently ground share with Barton Town but intend to move back in to their home stadium (The Hill Top) in the summer of 2016, can this be included? Similarly, Scarborough Athletic are to move in to the council-provided Weaponness Sports Village in 2017, a 2000 capacity 3G venue with possible expansion to 4000.

Apropos of Westella, they currently ground share with Barton Town but intend to move back in to their home stadium (The Hill Top) in the summer of 2016, can this be included? Similarly, Scarborough Athletic are to move in to the council-provided Weaponness Sports Village in 2017, a 2000 capacity 3G venue with possible expansion to 4000.

We will make sure to put both of these moves in.

Do you have any idea what the capacity & seating will be at the the Hill Top?

We will make sure to put both of these moves in.

Do you have any idea what the capacity & seating will be at the the Hill Top?

Great. I'm not quite sure about capacity at the Hill Top (officially called the 'Roy Waudby Sports Arena', in Cottingham), It's been said it can have over a thousand and there are supposedly a few seats, to be mostly used by cricket fans. I'm not sure what capacity will be operational when it's re-opened, as it's still up in the air, but if you were to go for a generic capacity between 1000 and 1500 with a few seats you'll not be far wide of the mark. Sorry I can't be more helpful on this, but at the moment it's principally being used by junior sides and a team from the local secure unit.

You might also want to know that Hull United have been booted out of a groundshare with Hull KR and are now likely to be forced to play all their matches away from home after the NCEL knocked back a groundshare with Brigg Town. Hall Road Rangers also left Dene Park this season and now play at Haworth Park in Hull (1200 capacity, 200 seats, owned by the council and shared with a rugby league club).

You might also want to know that Hull United have been booted out of a groundshare with Hull KR and are now likely to be forced to play all their matches away from home after the NCEL knocked back a groundshare with Brigg Town. Hall Road Rangers also left Dene Park this season and now play at Haworth Park in Hull (1200 capacity, 200 seats, owned by the council and shared with a rugby league club).

I was aware of situation Hull United have found themselves in (they really should be kicked out by the league according to the rules but obviously the league doesn't want to have a failed club this late in the season). Anything to do with Hull United won't happen until the final patch has been released as they have only just been added to the db recently.

Also thanks for the Hall Road info, we will get that in too. As an aside, do you happen to know how big the ground at Inglemire Lane is?

As an aside, do you happen to know how big the ground at [/font][/color]Inglemire Lane is?[/color][/font]

I'm presuming you mean the Roy West Centre. It's pretty much a standard amateur pitch, last I knew it was used for ERCFA matches and such like, it's very close to the main Sunday League pitches which bring back harrowing memories. I know they had 500 or so watch Hull United v Hull U21s in a County Cup game a year or so back, but as far as I'm aware for matches with sizeable crowds they just erect metal barriers around the touchline.

I live in Lincolnshire these days so this info may well be out of date, I'll try and get an email to someone at the ERCFA and get the full skinny on it because there's a possibility it's been upgraded recently, so I'll get back to you when (if) I find out.

I'm presuming you mean the Roy West Centre. It's pretty much a standard amateur pitch, last I knew it was used for ERCFA matches and such like, it's very close to the main Sunday League pitches which bring back harrowing memories. I know they had 500 or so watch Hull United v Hull U21s in a County Cup game a year or so back, but as far as I'm aware for matches with sizeable crowds they just erect metal barriers around the touchline.

I live in Lincolnshire these days so this info may well be out of date, I'll try and get an email to someone at the ERCFA and get the full skinny on it because there's a possibility it's been upgraded recently, so I'll get back to you when (if) I find out.

Thanks for your reply. I just thought I would make the most of local knowledge while it is presented to ourselves.

Some County FA grounds are in the db already as some clubs actually play their home games in them, although most are closer to amateur style setups than fully fledged semi-pro grounds like you describe . Some also do routinely host county cup matches which makes them relevant to EEE even if they aren't present in the default db.

At some point I am going to be adding all the County FA grounds to EEE even if the above doesn't necessarily apply, I have a few ideas of how they can be used.

Thanks for your reply. I just thought I would make the most of local knowledge while it is presented to ourselves.

Nil response from ERCFA (as I pretty much expected, tbh) but I did ask an old mate if the Roy West Centre had been done up in any way over the past couple of years, and he texted with "not really, still a sinkhole". Except he didn't use the word 'sinkhole'.

I'm also not starting a save until it comes out.

Me neither, but I suspect the problems with manager appointments in custom databases at the moment, which is apparently to be remedied in the next patch, mean that even if the EEE creators released a file tomorrow, I'd still only use it for testing and wouldn't start my *proper* save until the patch came out. Which gives the EEE creators more time to perfect their database, I suppose.

What would be nice is if both EEE and the patch were released on the same day...

Me neither, but I suspect the problems with manager appointments in custom databases at the moment, which is apparently to be remedied in the next patch, mean that even if the EEE creators released a file tomorrow, I'd still only use it for testing and wouldn't start my *proper* save until the patch came out. Which gives the EEE creators more time to perfect their database, I suppose.

What would be nice is if both EEE and the patch were released on the same day...

That is never going to happen as the patch might alter things which need to be tested again. We would though aim to get out a newer version if we already had an older patch version as quick as we can.

Work is still going on the file, which is in testing stage for the main part now. Keep faith and it will be worth it when it comes, we promise. :cool:

Although there are several things that will improve as we get closer to the summer; for one the patch will be fixing/improving a lot of things and we have other things which we want to implement which won't get into the first or even second release.

Any ideas on release for this lads? Can't wait for it and really want to start a new game if your in the testing stage and things are running smoothly could you not release a beta db and then you will have x amount of testers who can find things that need fixing etc just like SI do with the game as then problems will be able to be sorted at a much quicker rate.

Sounds like it's going to be quality though can't wait to build up from the bottom ??

will this database include all real life squads for teams in non league football....?

No, unfortunately we have never added players. The amount of research effort and the just lack of general information makes this not worthwhile. We also feel FM does a good job with regen creation anyway and also after a few years regens are all you have coming through as they slowly become dominant in the gameworld.

If anybody feels this area needs improving we urge you to contact SI as linked in the opening posts of this thread with suggestions for your local club. Or here is a suggestion: why not just go through a list of the hundreds of free agents in the db many of whom probably play in the lower levels (7-11) but are not with the correct club or any club at all.

I also query the term "non-league football" - technically non-league football is also counting the National League as well, all clubs of which have full squads as you would expect for a FM vanilla playable division. The term non-league football is a very catch all term, do you mean all divsions down to level 8? or level 9? (the level EEE is activating), or levels 10? 11? or every single non-league club 1000s of which aren't even playable in EEE or in the database for that matter!

I have quickly looked in to this...

As of the latest patch there are 3136 players with clubs at levels 7 & 8, an average of 15 players per club. Now while that is not a figure high enough to mean every club will have a big squad it is certainly a pretty good figure.

Level 9 is far from perfect but there are still 1298 players with clubs at level 9. Of which there are plenty more free agents who should be with L9 clubs.

All of these figures exclude loanees too, as well as all the players with other clubs in lower levels 10 and lower.

I hope this dispels the notion that the leagues this low are full of empty squads, or at least discourages it.

Any ideas on release for this lads? Can't wait for it and really want to start a new game if your in the testing stage and things are running smoothly could you not release a beta db and then you will have x amount of testers who can find things that need fixing etc just like SI do with the game as then problems will be able to be sorted at a much quicker rate.

The way we test the file means that we 'bolt' on bits and pieces instead of just having it all work at once. Right now we are in testing and everything we have included in the test builds is running smoothly but the file is not in a playable state at the moment. (for example - there is no FA Vase running in our tests).

Thanks for the reply! I'm playing in the north eastern counties prem and just wondered if I'd made it into fm! Surely a dream for any fanatic?!

If you're going to be in the database you'll be in there already. Have a search in the editor or, if you find the editor cumbersome, start a save loading all players from England and then search for yourself. You might be surprised - an old team-mate of mine is still in the FM database despite a) having given up football in 2008 to be a full-time bar-propper, and b) currently serving a prison sentence. As said earlier in this thread, even down to Level 9 the database is quite intensive, so you never know...

One gaming positive to waiting for this to come out... my TEW game has been getting a lot of action.

That reminds me, I need to buy TEW 2013 now my 2010 license is kaput. Stupid computer failures... :(

Anyway, to keep on topic. Honestly can't wait for this file! :D

TEW 2016 is scheduled for release in the second quarter of 2016. Probably before this. :D

Haha, I'll wait then. Hoping they bring it to Steam though. I hate eLicense with a passion, only deal with it because TEW is so damned good. haha

Archived