[FM2016] FMUpdates EEE - England, Enhanced, Expanded - 9.0.2 Out Now

Hi guys, firstly I must thank you for this great update and allowing me to play as my local side, Guernsey.

I have however noticed a slight issue with the play-offs in the 8th tier. Having finished 2nd both years (Isthmian South & Southern S/W), my one-legged play-off semi finals should have been played at home, and the pre-match interviews reflected this. However, they were played at the grounds of Bournemouth and Weymouth as neutral fixtures. Could this be because my ground doesn't meet certain regulations, or is it a mistake?

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Gents,

Will you be releasing an update with the promotions and relegations from this season at all?

Probably not. We still hope to work more on the FM16 version though. Keep alert!

I'm having trouble with this file. In game it's saying there are too few teams in the Hellenic Premier and Hellenic East but I've looked into the editor data and there are enough teams. What is the issue?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to playing this properly as Clapton. Made one minor edit to adjust their average attendence - it's pretty low by default in line with other sides at that level, but in reality was 335 last season. I've also noticed Wadham Lodge are in the high 200s for no apparent reason in-game - they are at a distinctly average 38 in real life.

Noticed one weird thing too - an U21 side from Step 4 team Bishop's Cleeve are in the FA Vase first season. Can't find anything about them taking part in real life and it seems rather odd. Also, the Manchester Senior Cup groups aren't named properly (they have code rather than names), and the Liverpool Senior Cup seems to have been played a year before it should and has yet to schedule for 15-16!

Also: Sporting Bengal United should feature around 50% Bengali players in their squad - much in the same way as FC Romania consists primarily of Romanians, although to a somewhat lesser extent. They're run by the UK branch of the Bangladesh Football Association as a sort of representative team in the lower leagues and are situated in an area with a high Bengali population which they draw from. All these players however should have English as a second nationality if possible - vast majority were born here as second/third generation immigrants.

Hi ... are you guys still working on the new version for this or its already case closed and preparing for FM17? As it was mention that you guys are still working on this and there will be more ...

Unfortunately I haven't found the time to commit to getting the next version out yet. Gareth is in the same situation also.

Finally got round to playing this properly as Clapton. Made one minor edit to adjust their average attendence - it's pretty low by default in line with other sides at that level, but in reality was 335 last season. I've also noticed Wadham Lodge are in the high 200s for no apparent reason in-game - they are at a distinctly average 38 in real life.

Noticed one weird thing too - an U21 side from Step 4 team Bishop's Cleeve are in the FA Vase first season. Can't find anything about them taking part in real life and it seems rather odd. Also, the Manchester Senior Cup groups aren't named properly (they have code rather than names), and the Liverpool Senior Cup seems to have been played a year before it should and has yet to schedule for 15-16!

Also: Sporting Bengal United should feature around 50% Bengali players in their squad - much in the same way as FC Romania consists primarily of Romanians, although to a somewhat lesser extent. They're run by the UK branch of the Bangladesh Football Association as a sort of representative team in the lower leagues and are situated in an area with a high Bengali population which they draw from. All these players however should have English as a second nationality if possible - vast majority were born here as second/third generation immigrants.

Thanks for your post.

Claptons attendance would be one of the many minor changes that would hopefully come in later updates. This instance is just purely down to lack of research in the SI db at this level. I will try and remember to investigate Wadham Lodge too.

Bishop's Cleeve Reserves play at L11 so something might have gone wrong with the way the Vase picks random L11 clubs. Most likely when we added the reserve team to the L11 divisions but forgot to exclude them from the Vase.

ANy issues with county cups are planned to be sorted out with any future update(s). The current county cup setup is far from complete and we just used 90% of the 13/14 setup otherwise the release of the file would be been later. The county cups are the no1 priority for the next update so of course any broken cups or incorrect formats will be changed. There are also more county cups not added yet.

WIll see what I can do with regards to Sporting Bengal in any future updates. We have so many little changes/additions we plan to make at some stage that will enhance the immersion of saves played with the file.

Thanks for your post.

Claptons attendance would be one of the many minor changes that would hopefully come in later updates. This instance is just purely down to lack of research in the SI db at this level. I will try and remember to investigate Wadham Lodge too.

Bishop's Cleeve Reserves play at L11 so something might have gone wrong with the way the Vase picks random L11 clubs. Most likely when we added the reserve team to the L11 divisions but forgot to exclude them from the Vase.

ANy issues with county cups are planned to be sorted out with any future update(s). The current county cup setup is far from complete and we just used 90% of the 13/14 setup otherwise the release of the file would be been later. The county cups are the no1 priority for the next update so of course any broken cups or incorrect formats will be changed. There are also more county cups not added yet.

WIll see what I can do with regards to Sporting Bengal in any future updates. We have so many little changes/additions we plan to make at some stage that will enhance the immersion of saves played with the file.

Sounds great, thanks! Kudos by the way, it's an incredibly good update.

I guessing you are going to be interested in how this new format for the Football League Trophy In how the game will read the youth teams going trough in the second year?

Say like Brighton who putting in there U21's in, what would happen of there went down. There 1st team would then have put a team in. The angle I looking at this is the county cups. If we know how this be set up then the county cups could be set up after a team gets to conference level then the youth team will go instead of the 1st team. And then if a team drops down to conference N/S then there 1st team would play instead.

23 hours ago, Lewesrook said:

I guessing you are going to be interested in how this new format for the Football League Trophy In how the game will read the youth teams going trough in the second year?

Say like Brighton who putting in there U21's in, what would happen of there went down. There 1st team would then have put a team in. The angle I looking at this is the county cups. If we know how this be set up then the county cups could be set up after a team gets to conference level then the youth team will go instead of the 1st team. And then if a team drops down to conference N/S then there 1st team would play instead.

Unfortunately that isn't really how it works. The game just will select all League One and Two senior teams, and then the U21 of the top 16 clubs from the U21 League who accept their invitation. It won't be selecting specific clubs as the county cups do.

On 28/07/2016 at 18:40, Lewesrook said:

On 29/07/2016 at 18:13, Spurs08 said:

Unfortunately that isn't really how it works. The game just will select all League One and Two senior teams, and then the U21 of the top 16 clubs from the U21 League who accept their invitation. It won't be selecting specific clubs as the county cups do.

Spurs08 has it right there. What we need to properly do the county cups is a new field adding called County or the ability to create our own fields of course. Then we can create pools for each County FA and do all sorts of little things which would make EEE even better!

At some point using the existing rules we can utilise I would like to make some of the county fa cup entries a little less static. So a cup with 16 teams has the same 14 plus 2 of 6 each year. This would help a little in getting them to feel more dynamic, even if it is artifical 'underneath'.

1 hour ago, Walshieboy750 said:

Just one problem that I have noticed after the first season - many teams appear to be converting to all seater grounds, which for some reason reduces the ground capacity for these teams to just 150.

This is a FM16 wide problem which we have reported as as such affects all save files unfortunately, not just EEE ones.

We have reported it here and hopefully it will be fixed for FM17.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question I am playing as Weymouth with this update, but when I play the league is coming up as Calor Gas Southern Premier Division instead of Evo-Stik Southern Premier League. In your Edit file it is listed as Evo-Stik but in the winter update database it is Calor. What I am I missing?

2 hours ago, Ian White said:

Quick question I am playing as Weymouth with this update, but when I play the league is coming up as Calor Gas Southern Premier Division instead of Evo-Stik Southern Premier League. In your Edit file it is listed as Evo-Stik but in the winter update database it is Calor. What I am I missing?

You must have real name fix files installed which is taking priority. Remove the english competitions from these files and you will get the names used in the EEE file.

9 hours ago, daniellewis_789 said:

You must have real name fix files installed which is taking priority. Remove the english competitions from these files and you will get the names used in the EEE file.

Thanks very much that sorted it, well done on this brilliant update.

In case it wasn't obvious. All of our efforts are now going to be concentrated on getting EEE ready for FM17. Thanks all for your support and we hope to continue making your FM experience better than ever!

• 2 months later...

Having made the jump now to FM17 I just wanted to thank you and everyone involved with EEE for the FM16 version, spent some happy times manager Scarborough Athletic that wouldn't have been possible without your efforts. All the best for the FM17 version and look forward to playing it when it's released.

• 2 months later...

First of all, thank you for creating this! I originally came from Dan's level 23 edit, when I realised as mentioned previously that FM was not designed for games beyond level 9/10, as once after 3 seasons I realised I would be playing the same season level for almost 10 more years, thus I moved to FMUpdates. :)

Here are some suggestions for bugfixes:

The prize money for FA Cup Second Round Proper is incorrect, it should be £27,000 when in version 9.0.2 it is £1,000:

http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/more/prize-fund

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015–16_FA_Cup#Prize_fund

Also, the prize money for the losers of FA Vase rounds (excluding the final) are also not listed, when they are present at:

http://www.thefa.com/competitions/fa-vase/more/prize-fund

4 hours ago, nth10sd said:

First of all, thank you for creating this! I originally came from Dan's level 23 edit, when I realised as mentioned previously that FM was not designed for games beyond level 9/10, as once after 3 seasons I realised I would be playing the same season level for almost 10 more years, thus I moved to FMUpdates. :)

The prize money for FA Cup Second Round Proper is incorrect, it should be £27,000 when in version 9.0.2 it is £1,000:

Also, the prize money for the losers of FA Vase rounds (excluding the final) are also not listed, when they are present at:

It's the 2016 version, no one is gonna touch it now. ;)

20 hours ago, nth10sd said:

Thanks for this. I am quite sure we did include the correct prize monies but this may have not been the case, I will have a look into it. It may be that in the case of the Vase ones that they were present in the code but no on the UI due to the (very) complex rules we put in the file for the vase.

8 hours ago, nth10sd said:

Hopefully this helps the folks with the 2017 version. :)

Whatever the RL prize monies are, they will be included in the next release.

Archived