Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd say it was bad management from LvG to bring on Memphis actually, 10 mins to go, 1-0 up away to Chelsea and we sub on Depay, a player really low on confidence, it's no wonder he ****ed up!

Yeah, an attacking change at that point doesn't make much sense. His bad decision immediately lead to their goal. Wouldn't want to be him tonight.

Depay is just a poor man's Nani right now. We are not using him right at all. Which is bad for him and the team.

At the start of the season it looked like we were going to build the team around him

Depay is just a poor man's Nani right now. We are not using him right at all. Which is bad for him and the team.

At the start of the season it looked like we were going to build the team around him

Agree with this. Him up top and Rooney in behind in pre season looked good. Not saying we should be playing him up front necessarily but like you say it did seem like the team was going to be built around him on the tour of the US.

He really has just got to get his head down and earn a place in the starting line up because we all know what a quality player he can be, but he is as infuriating as Nani was right now. I didn't think he'd have this much trouble adapting to the PL as he is physically in great shape and has everything to be a success in this league for us but he isn't mentally ready I suspect right now.

But doesn't he have 18 months left on his contract? So he will have to be sacked or resign in the summer in any case.

He'll surely have language in his contract to make it easy to get rid of him if/when Champions League qualification is not achieved.

was a pointless sub to be made that late.

this, couldn't understand it at all

it is obvious the lad is struggling and its a massive step up from dutch footy to EPL, and it will take time for anyone to settle in to it, however the sounds coming out from dutch football regarding depay before we even bought him was not with his ability but attitude, I could see jose if he comes getting a tune out of him;)

putting him in u21's might work he could gain confidence however it could backfire if he has a sulk, hope its the former:thup:

same for adnan too they should bust a gut to impress

"Manchester United have spoken to representatives of Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino, 43, about succeeding Louis van Gaal, 64. (The Sun)"

Yeah, sure. How many other managers are Man Utd going to "contact" between now and the end of the season.

I dunno, maybe Tottenham have their own appointed representatives for him? It's not like Spurs would let people connected to Poch talk to other clubs without their knowledge anyway.

Whether or not Spurs would let any representatives talk to anyone wouldn't matter - on the sly contact would be made regardless

lot of the rags are running the story tomorrow that Jose is a done deal for the summer, odds have been slashed too with bookies

I didn't initially want him due to his personality/style play ....but with the current circumstances I would walk barefoot over broken glass to carry him to OT:D

He wants this job and will bring success................I also know that a certain Gareth Bale has just bought property back in UK(cant say where)for his return to EPL

it gives him several options where he can play, and I am not saying he is coming back in summer or to us, but he has bought the property, so very interesting on all fronts

Unfortunately this is probably just Neil Custis still with a giant LVG grudge over the fat comment.

Pochettino doesn't even have an agent - he negotiated his own contract with Levy so i'm not sure what people we're talking to. Maybe those rogue Spanish Lawyers we know nothing about.

Poor ******* probably doesn't even own his own house anymore.

I hope it's all BS. We have some very talented kids that should start to knock on the first team door over the next 2-3 seasons, and with Mourinho that door will never open.

Then there is Guardiola on the wrong side of town. You remember how well that went last time. Moaninho will probably pick random children from the stands and throw them at him.

For all the talk about negative football under van Gaal, it's not going to be any better under the eyetstabber. Perhaps worse, especially if the last few matches is the new norm under LVG (pretty please). We'll sit deep and counter now and again, maybe buy a big lump to put up front.

There are a lot of managers I'd take ahead of him, including the uncertainty with Giggs.

Archived