Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

as a die hard long standing fan I feel embarrassed seeing Fellaini in that red shirt, never has been or will be a Utd player

got to say Schneiderlin has been very disappointing so far, but that could be down to the manager with his rigid management etc as he did look a Utd player and the type we needed in the middle, Herrera LVG just doesn't fancy him

but either of those 2 should start ahead of don't mention the F word:D

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I thought Schneiderlin and Lingard were the only two players that didn't impress on Friday. Fellaini played well. Naturally, Fellaini will be awful today. Herrera should play ffs. Stoke size issue perhaps?

as a die hard long standing fan I feel embarrassed seeing Fellaini in that red shirt, never has been or will be a Utd player

got to say Schneiderlin has been very disappointing so far, but that could be down to the manager with his rigid management etc as he did look a Utd player and the type we needed in the middle, Herrera LVG just doesn't fancy him

but either of those 2 should start ahead of don't mention the F word:D

We have far worse players than Fellaini....like Lingard. Fellaini while is a poor player is not the reason we are so poor.

Mata at number 10 is making us tick. His finishing has been poor but his passing, awarness and positoning is spot on.

Having Carrick back has been a big factor too. Just provides a bit of balance and sets the tempo from deep. Having a player like that is so important, it's really noticeable when he's not available as we don't have anyone else who can do that.

Might just be me seeing things, but I feel like Carrick is sitting deeper than Fellaini most of the time as well. It's more of a 4141 when defending (or 41311 depending on Mata dropping back or not). Which is what many of us have been crying out for tbh.

It looks like Mata is playing a free role as AM, Carrick as a DM and Fellaini a box to box midfielder. Seems to make a nice spine for our FB's and Wingers to pass between. It seems to play to the strengths of all 3 players too.

Please let Pereira get an outing now. For once a match is decided well before the finish line, so a great opportunity to give a talented youth some valuable minutes.

So strange to see us play like this. Did somebody knock out van Gaal and tie him up in a basement somewhere? :D

So we start playing good football again and there are instant rumours Giggs is leaving the club in the coming days. Has LvG just been a front for the Giggs experiment and the actual LvG has just taken the reins again? :D

Haha, I was wondering that when I saw Giggs's seat was empty.

Archived