Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

I hope it's all BS. We have some very talented kids that should start to knock on the first team door over the next 2-3 seasons, and with Mourinho that door will never open.

Then there is Guardiola on the wrong side of town. You remember how well that went last time. Moaninho will probably pick random children from the stands and throw them at him.

For all the talk about negative football under van Gaal, it's not going to be any better under the eyetstabber. Perhaps worse, especially if the last few matches is the new norm under LVG (pretty please). We'll sit deep and counter now and again, maybe buy a big lump to put up front.

There are a lot of managers I'd take ahead of him, including the uncertainty with Giggs.

Do you re-read stuff like this before you hit 'post' and still think that you should post it? :idiot:

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

only been able to watch the U21 game now, goy to say will keane's 4th was outrageous a touch of cantona with that finish, must be close to first team squad, must get a look in sometime in FA cup

some of those young lads looking good, I just love fosu Mensah played LB this time and got a lovely goal, hope to see him get some game time at end of season depending on our circumstances

Do you re-read stuff like this before you hit 'post' and still think that you should post it? :idiot:

Fair enough. I now see it was misspelled :thdn:

There are other more apt words for him, but that might not be fit for this forum :D

People will have a lot of fun quoting my posts if that subhuman scum is appointed as our next manager.

Giggs for starters. Pochettino. Have you any experience? Probably you too :D

don't like jose didn't want him for all the obvious reasons...........however we have to bite the bullet now we need a proven winner who for even a short time will get the club back on track,

giving it to giggs would be madness, and those who will give pep as an example....he served his time managing the b team, and he took over a winning world class squad with everything in place, sadly that wouldnt be the case for giggsy

I wanted klopp/ancelotti, didn't consider pep would come to us so basically leaves jose as proven manager and he is free

then Giggs needs to manage U21's

yep at least ....however warren joyce is doing a great job, Giggsy needs to move on for his own good and prove himself as a manager and then perhaps if the circumstances arise he can put himself forward for the big job;)

the term legend is bandied about now for everyone but he was as a player so too was Sir Bobby/ Robbo etc but it didn't workout for them in management and it is crucial with the next appointment that we get it right or we are going to go years without getting back to the top, obviously there is no guarantee with even Jose it will work out, but he does have a proven track record

The ideal situation for me(apart from ancelotti/klopp) was to get a provisional deal in place for Jose for the summer... sack LVG December, give Giggs 6 months to prove himself

if it doesn't work jose has had a holiday, personally scouted players and comes back refreshed and with a lot of the nonsense having had chance to die down

if giggsy worked out well then woody gets to earn his money with a decision to make stick or twist

Giggs should be nowhere near being the manager of Man Utd. What's he proven in his couple of years as an assistant? That he's a yes man?

I love him as a player and always will, but he's just not cut out for the big job, not yet anyway.

Daily Mail says that if Mourinho does get the job his first actions will be offloading Mata and Fellaini.

Pure speculation of course, even if not unlikely given Mata's treatment by him in Chelsea.

Don't we sort of agree that Fellaini is a thug, though? Clearly a Mourinho player! :D

Woody says the academy hasn't replaced McClair because it's currently undergoing a root and branch review. Makes a bit more sense than the idea that it's fallen into utter neglect, with the strides City have made locally now is probably a good time to take a pause and actually put something in place that will be competitive.

Like Jose even more if thats true. Sid will be devastated

I've been praying for mourinho every single day since fergie left in 2013. I've always favoured him over pep or any other manager and will trust his decisions.

You are acting as if I like Fellaini. I don't, but he is far from being united's worst player as people seem to think he is strangely. I wouldn't mind if he was sold and we bring in a quality replacement.

Any review of the youth system is too late. It does need a complete rehaul but it's been almost a year since McClair left. It's that bad we don't even have enough players to fill our youth teams.

I don't entirely disagree with the general point, and even if there has been a review process the last year, I don't think they should basically have put everything on hold -- but one of the reasons the U18 team in particular have had terrible results this season is that many of their best players have moved to the U21 team (semi) permanently. Borthwick-Jackson has even moved all the way up to the first team now.

Although I'm not pleased about the development in the academy the last years, since Eric Harrison left to be honest (perhaps the third most important person in the club's history, after Sir Alex and Sir Matt), I do think the crisis in the academy is overstated. There are some very fine talents, that will hopefully break through over the next few years (at least if we get somebody else than Mourinho). It's probably worse further down the chain to be honest, and we won't see the consequences of that for a few years yet, when the talent pool may dry up somewhat. That is what we need to rectify.

A proper stadium for the academy would be good too, so they don't play matches all over the region.

our u21s are now 10 points ahead of city. so yea.. its crap

:thup: glad to see someone else on same page

having watched all the u21's games have the same feeling as the pique/rossi era they are playing great stuff, lovely tempo/pace/shape and I see 3 possibly 4 being long term 1st team players for us Pereira/ Fosu-Mensah/Williams/ and possibly Willock

sure the U18 situation will get addressed and how many ''wonderkids'' do we see at that age who fail to make it:brock:

The U18 current batch is physically weak and realistically not up to the talent level of the previous generations, there's a couple there with lots of promise but the general standard across the board is low and they're lacking numbers. As long as the review started some time ago and not a knee-jerk reaction to criticism (in which case they've done a good job keeping it quiet) then it's not a disaster.

The U21's are just really well coached and well run unit now, Joyce has done a cracking job with them.

The U18 current batch is physically weak and realistically not up to the talent level of the previous generations, there's a couple there with lots of promise but the general standard across the board is low and they're lacking numbers. As long as the review started some time ago and not a knee-jerk reaction to criticism (in which case they've done a good job keeping it quiet) then it's not a disaster.

The U21's are just really well coached and well run unit now, Joyce has done a cracking job with them.

totally agree if we were looking to promote a manager from within the club it should be him not giggs;)

some of the u18 do look poor but some get written off very early give them a year or two and they fill out some loan experience etc and you never know, but for sure the numbers are down...chelsea have more out on loan than we have at club:D

I just hope we dont go down the galactico route fully(woody has come out again today and said we will keep splashing the cash)....my worry is if Jose gets job jorge mendes will be running the club, and he will be negotiating most of the deals coming in...namely lots of his players

dont get me wrong its great if we can bring genuine world stars here, but I/lots of Utd fans want to see our own youth system produce lots of the first team

see our europa league kick off is 6pm next week v FC Midtjylland

and on a positive note we are on 41 points......''we are staying up, I said we are staying up'':lol:

And what exactly will a Director of Football bring to the table? (Other than an additional wage)

its just paper talk?

but if not that guy is another mendes client,....if that happens along with jose, it will be mendes Utd;)

see Chris Casper is going to get some sort of job in the academy revamp...think he was around about the same time as class of 92?

If you use your imagination I'm sure you could appreciate the benefit of having a man who knows about football and the running of a club to oversee things who isn't subject to the pressure of getting results and the relative risk of being sacked.

yes also a great buffer for the manager

and Andrea Berta has been fantastic for A.Madrid

Archived