Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kingrobbo with some absolutely awful posts in here.

The results yesterday have been good in one sense as we're still within touching distance of Spurs but poor in another as we should have been 2 points closer. As Redshift alluded to, with Ferguson in charge of this team we'd have walked the league this season.

robbo, we get you were just trying to have a bit of fun, but regardless of that you have spectacularly failed to actually use anagrams in the first 2/3 efforts where you present us with anagrams.

That and it was still a ****-awful post what ever way you look at it :D

Shouldn't be allowed to appeal those sorts of bans, it's a mockery.

ditto, also they shouldn't be able to sign anyone in the way Barca have

from BBC website

''Spanish giants Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid are banned from registering players for the next two transfer windows.''

so they can sign once again just not use so you watch the buggers use that loophole, and have the player/s kept at his current club for the time or do as Barca did

big knock on for the tabloids in UK.....they cant keep on stating Bale/Ronaldo just a couple of days away from signing for Utd at least that will stop for a 12 month, as real wont sell unless they can bring in replacements

Also a big knock for Woodward/Scouting Team as we may actually have to plan our transfers properly rather than chasing shadows like Bale, Ramos and Ronaldo

yes so perhaps a win win for us we keep David and not pay over the odds for players who don't really want to come to us but will for the money.....ie ADM

hoping we scout as you say the next generation of ''wonderkids'' out there, get them young keen and mold them in Utd way(hang on LVG :rolleyes:)

Shouldn't be allowed to appeal those sorts of bans, it's a mockery.

So decisions meted out by FIFA, recently proven to be as corrupt as any organisation, should be accepted without scrutiny or contest?

so they can sign once again just not use so you watch the buggers use that loophole, and have the player/s kept at his current club for the time or do as Barca did

Don't think I'd call the Universal Declaration of Human Rights a loophole myself.

It's a very simple solution, allow them to register players, if their appeal is unsuccessful any players they did register during the period reverts to the club that previously held it.

That was if Madrid are innocent and want to appeal they can sign players without any impediment, if they aren't they don't get an unfair advantage from the appeal.

By pay over the odds for players who don't want to come.. do you really mean "pay nothing for players who don't join despite chasing stupidly for the whole transfer window, leaving us without the positional reinforcements we need"?

its a question of what you/we choose to believe there is so much BS reported now just to sell papers/ a club appeasing fans etc that we after certain types of players(which I agree we do need no question there)...however do they want to come to Utd/ and come under the current climate there

I believe we are trying to get a Neymar/bale but don't think we have a chance with the first one but bale is interesting in that with the embargo madrid may do a deal if they get hazard in now then we give DDG plus cash they will move him on the big question is will he come to play under LVG(giggsy might sway it)

realistically though I see possibly 1 minor signing, possibly a loan for LB

we need 2/3 but cant see it, hope I am wrong

So decisions meted out by FIFA, recently proven to be as corrupt as any organisation, should be accepted without scrutiny or contest?

Don't think I'd call the Universal Declaration of Human Rights a loophole myself.

the legal ramifications are/could be a nightmare if players wanted to push it that is true(the clearest would be a real player wanting to leave who is told no chance now as we cant get a replacement )

however with this ban it still wont stop a player being signed and receive a salary etc

but there has to be punishments to clubs clearly breaking the rules(and there are many doing it)

options could be fine them....laughable

dock points....wont make any difference to madrid in terms of getting top4 would it??

ban them from champ league for a year

relegate them

impose a transfer ban

It's a very simple solution, allow them to register players, if their appeal is unsuccessful any players they did register during the period reverts to the club that previously held it.

That was if Madrid are innocent and want to appeal they can sign players without any impediment, if they aren't they don't get an unfair advantage from the appeal.

If you're talking about the transfer it's a possible minefield for the players involved. Wenger's whinged enough on players who transfer in January potentially playing one team three times in a season; imagine the kick off if a player signed, played against a team, then moved back and played against them again. Or if the player plays against the other club involved during the appeal period. Selling teams are punished by extension because they can't safely sign a replacement within the appeal period. Alternatively, if it's just the registration, is the change in registration completed again once the ban lapses, or do they need to renegotiate? Either way it's hard on the player who will likely have been assured (not knowing the finer details) that the appeal will succeed and they'll be free to play. At least Turan and Vidal knew what they were getting into,

I'd rather do it similar to the 'frivolous appeal' punishment for FA suspensions; give CAS/FIFA on CAS guidance the right to extend the ban by a further window if the evidence is overwhelming and/or the case is severe enough.

but there has to be punishments to clubs clearly breaking the rules(and there are many doing it)

There is... a registration ban. Which is still a significant punishment.

If you're talking about the transfer it's a possible minefield for the players involved. Wenger's whinged enough on players who transfer in January potentially playing one team three times in a season; imagine the kick off if a player signed, played against a team, then moved back and played against them again. Or if the player plays against the other club involved during the appeal period. Selling teams are punished by extension because they can't safely sign a replacement within the appeal period. Alternatively, if it's just the registration, is the change in registration completed again once the ban lapses, or do they need to renegotiate? Either way it's hard on the player who will likely have been assured (not knowing the finer details) that the appeal will succeed and they'll be free to play. At least Turan and Vidal knew what they were getting into,

I'd rather do it similar to the 'frivolous appeal' punishment for FA suspensions; give CAS/FIFA on CAS guidance the right to extend the ban by a further window if the evidence is overwhelming and/or the case is severe enough.

The ban starts after the end of the playing season anyway so it's a non-issue.

I find stuff like that really weird. Like it's so obvious they're just advertising the movie and don't actually give a **** how good it is. Wouldn't it make more sense to just approach a couple of players and get them to tweet so it seems more genuine?

I find stuff like that really weird. Like it's so obvious they're just advertising the movie and don't actually give a **** how good it is. Wouldn't it make more sense to just approach a couple of players and get them to tweet so it seems more genuine?

The Mata and Smalling tweets look fine. The Memphis and Schneiderlin ones look painfully awkward. The Darmian one looks fine in isolation but with the others too it's a bit suspect :D

Some United fans on Twitter reckon that if United do lose DDG they could look at Schmeichel as a replacement. In terms of sentimentality due to Peter's time at the club it would make a good story and shift GK shirts but is he definitely that good? He's definitely upper-Prem tier but CL level?

The obvious answer is he is thriving in an environment that suits him, no big club will pick him up especially a team whose main problem isn't shifting replica shirts.

TBH I've rated Schmeichel fairly highly since his days at Man City and never really understood why he stepped down to League Two and then the Championship. Was always Prem tier for me and has proved it a lot and is a good shout for more Denmark caps. I'm not sure if he'll ever be good enough for the "top" sides although Leicester's European run next season might show what he can do on the European stage.

he is a far better player than cruyff jnr ever was

but if DDG does go it has to be Butland for me

Agreed here. Kid is outstanding with a lot of potential. not DDG tho.

But do we think he even leaves in the middle of this mess with Madrid?

Archived