Match 12 - Group G - Germany vs Portugal - Monday - 17:00 BST

CaptainPlanet

Any countries Brazilians think play great football?

The likes of Spain and Argentina usually have the reputation of playing beautiful football.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Germany has built up a good reputation in the last couple of decades of playing good football.

Yes, but for most people, like Italy is supposed to be defensive, Germany is supposed to be methodical, cold, efficient, etc...

Silly clichés about foreign teams are as common here as elsewhere.

I know Pepe is an utter git but I really cannot stand this mild brushing of the head against someone elses head being met with 'HE HAS TO GO' excited reactions

Mueller was disgraceful there but this is football. Viera basically saying what I generally say all the time 'while this is the rules the players will do it, if they change the rules, they won't' and that's it in a nutshell

I barely call what Pepe did an 'act of aggression' it's a little in the face, ffs and understandable after Mueller reacts like that, which is basically to get him in trouble (which he did anyway :D)

I mean, it just annoys me so much. Ref should call both over, yellow both and say cut it out and let's carry on with the game. Instead Mueller gets away with his play acting and Pepe now has a 3 match ban for brushing his head against someone cause 'YOU CAN'T DO THAT'

It's like Pogba yesterday. No way he goes for that. Think the ref got the yellow right. Sometimes we can just tell the players to cut it out. He's not attacked him it's just nothing but it's so precious. Commentators love a 'you can't do that' when an arm goes up or someone flicks a leg

Grrrrrrr

The likes of Spain and Argentina usually have the reputation of playing beautiful football.

If you're talking about Barcelona or the Spanish national team I think they're incredibly boring to watch.

I know Pepe is an utter git but I really cannot stand this mild brushing of the head against someone elses head being met with 'HE HAS TO GO' excited reactions

Mueller was disgraceful there but this is football. Viera basically saying what I generally say all the time 'while this is the rules the players will do it, if they change the rules, they won't' and that's it in a nutshell

I barely call what Pepe did an 'act of aggression' it's a little in the face, ffs and understandable after Mueller reacts like that, which is basically to get him in trouble (which he did anyway :D)

I mean, it just annoys me so much. Ref should call both over, yellow both and say cut it out and let's carry on with the game. Instead Mueller gets away with his play acting and Pepe now has a 3 match ban for brushing his head against someone cause 'YOU CAN'T DO THAT'

It's like Pogba yesterday. No way he goes for that. Think the ref got the yellow right. Sometimes we can just tell the players to cut it out. He's not attacked him it's just nothing but it's so precious. Commentators love a 'you can't do that' when an arm goes up or someone flicks a leg

Grrrrrrr

There's a decent case for having zero tolerance style rules, otherwise you're having to judge intent which isn't easy in the middle of a match and at speed. Seeing a hand go up or a head go into someone else's head is easy to spot and quick to deal with. Players just need to not be utter meatheads and learn to control themselves.

if Muller continues to play for Germany in the next few World Cups, he could be in line to replace Ronaldo as the top scorer :D

8 he will have I think now?

Yeah, he's on 8. Should really be in double figures by the end of this one.

Klose being saved to knock them in against Ghana and the Americans.

It was completely unnecessary and immature move. Deserved red in my book.

and Mueller though?

Pepe hasn't injured anyone it's just stupidness. Give him a yellow but Oh no, he's put his head a bit near his head!!! Just winds me up :D

Archived