Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I don't see what was amusing about Barca buying him, he was fantastic that last season at Arsenal.

He wasnt really - he was one of the the most "useless" gifted players i've ever seen. Useless in the sense he didnt really achieve much, great skill control would spin round on the spot flick the ball from one foot to another in the blink of an eye beat a player twice before beating another and then pinging the ball out of play or laying it off straight to an oppo player :D

Hleb used to be able to beat his first man while dribbling like nobody I've seen but had one of the worst shots ever, makes gervinho look like a world beater.
his decision making was atrocious as well.

He is a good player who I like and want but wouldn't it be weird for us to sign him as our 4th choice cb. He isn't that great in midfield he was excellent v us but other games not so much. I think Mertesacker is our only cb though who we can pretty safely say will be playing for us next season.

Anyway I really like the idea of Mertesacker being the collector https://twitter.com/bootifulgame/status/292735058224246784/photo/1

If reports are to be believed Spurs are now sniffing around Diame to replace Sandro whos broken for the rest of the season.

Pleased to see Walcott sign, but its 19th, come on Arsenal! sign some players, give us atleast a tiny bit of excitement!

He wasnt really - he was one of the the most "useless" gifted players i've ever seen. Useless in the sense he didnt really achieve much, great skill control would spin round on the spot flick the ball from one foot to another in the blink of an eye beat a player twice before beating another and then pinging the ball out of play or laying it off straight to an oppo player :D

Agreed. The only thing he was good at was dribbling as far as I could see. I always thought of him as a hideously overrated one-trick pony.

I think it was in 07/08? Our team was actually a lot of fun to watch back then. It was the season after RvP left. Our midfield of Rosicky (pre-injury,) Cesc, Flamini, and Hleb was really good. I think the front two was usually Adebayor + Eduardo/RvP. I think if you surround Hleb with runners, he does really well. That year, Rosicky, Cesc, and the front two were all goal-threats. Flamini and Cesc worked really hard to create space, and Eboue ran up and down the field all day long. When you give Hleb that many options, he has the ability to keep hold of the ball, and link the defense/midfield, with the midfield/attack.

Remember, Wenger baulked at the transfer fee and wages for Mata then later sold RvP for footballing reasons after being convinced to sell on the phone by Fergie himself.... He then dropped Theo for 2 months before caving in to his demands whilst not doing anything about the defence for 5 years.

Nothing but decline under AW. This could be at least six or seven to Chelsea by FT.

I don't see how anyone can claim Diaby is a good player. Would rather have Ramsey out there ffs.

Said something similar a while back, got moaned at alot lol, hes really easy to show on to his weaker foot and run into dead ends, one foot wonder, without the wonder.

Said something similar a while back, got moaned at alot lol, hes really easy to show on to his weaker foot and run into dead ends, one foot wonder, without the wonder.
ive never rated him. It's not his ability so much as his attitude. It's like he thinks its all a bit of a kick about in the park.

ive never rated him. It's not his ability so much as his attitude. It's like he thinks its all a bit of a kick about in the park.

Should offload him for his injury proneness alone, im willing to bet he will get injured after the Liverpool game.

They have so much space.

We could go out and spend 100mill tomorrow, it won't make any difference. The tactics aren't working and we have no idea how to change. The players look half interested abd even when we have the ball we look devoid of ideas.

4th is gone this season

They have so much space.

We could go out and spend 100mill tomorrow, it won't make any difference. The tactics aren't working and we have no idea how to change. The players look half interested abd even when we have the ball we look devoid of ideas.

4th is gone this season

Exactly this.

People don't understand it when I say I want Arsenal to miss out on 4th just so the tide completely turns against Wenger and he gets hounded out. It's because I don't trust him with the money - he could bring in 4 or 5 brilliant players but he'd still still use inept tactics and formations. Wenger is finished.

Archived