Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have been on top and have created chances. We still look meh. Without the ball our pressing is non-existent and defensively we have looked poor. The tempo is too low at times

The only problem tonight was the finishing, and the lack of cohesion Walcott and Giroud showed at times, a part from that we were solid, worked hard and created chances, can't complain at that!!!!

Jack Wilshere is the man!!!!!!!!!!!! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

I hope this wasn't just one-off caused by Arteta's injury and Diaby's brief availability but a change of the way we want to play.

My views may be influenced by the fact that the changes made were ones I wanted to see for a long time, but this was the approach I was used to and want to see. There was a lot more movement, Wilshere was played where he was mostly needed and despite what Wenger said after the game - where he was always intended to play, which is the "Cesc" role.

IMO we need to play our best players where they are most effective and build the rest of the team around them. This means Arteta rotated with Rosicky between DMC and AMC, and Wilshere rotated with Roskicky and maybe Cazorla at AMC. We need a DMC for that of course, and we'd have a great one had we not sold him to Barcelona for no apparent reason. But I think Cocquelin proved he can do the job quite well. It is better to have a good player at a DMC than waste an exceptional MC playing at DMC.

I can tell you with 99% certainty it won't be Cavani.

1) The Transfer fee is too low.

2) He signed a new contract in the summer (2012) which means he's getting higher wages and has a buyout fee of 55M (EUR). I doubt we'll pay his wages, or meet that fee.

3) He's very happy at Napoli.

4) Napoli could still feasibly win the league especially if their points deduction gets overruled so I doubt he'll leave now.

I'd still try and get him for the summer though...but I don't think we will financially have the balls to get it done.

Doubt it would be Gomez. It would be Gotze and it will be rejected imo. Thought we tried to get him for some equally large fee previously.

I don't see it though. Wenger for the ultimate troll if it is Nordviet. I think if we are going to sign anyone it will be Diame

That article just reminded me of a player id like, Wanyama, lad looks great why not him?

Taken by the Auclair blog above:

To this dismay of many in attendance Philippe stated "Arsenal were not close to any deals" and after speaking with agents and fellow journalists, he seemed to be quite clear with this conclusion. The transfer of David Villa from Barcelona was quoted as being "no way" after Barcelona would not let him leave half way through the season. Other names mentioned such as Wanyama were also discarded.

Same blog:

When questioned about the possible acquisition of Yann M'Vila, Auclair replied that although the player controlled the game where France "thrashed" England 2-1 at Wembley alongside Nasri and Gorcuff, Auclair explain how M'Vila had "lost his way" and had a "terrible attitude, making him a nightmare for managers".

It has quotes that I've also read elsewhere, don't see why it would be BS. He's not saying we've made a bid or anything. Also this quote made me laugh

""The prices always go up at the start of the transfer market and go down in the last week. Sometimes as well they go up in the last week, but it depends. Most of the time they go down in the last week and you know as well that 90% of transfer activity happens in the last week, if not in the last 48 hours."

Way to clear things up Arsene!

So you bitch and moan that Wenger wouldn't sign someone like Cavani, then you get your wish and he confirms he's interested, so you bitch and moan anyway? There is literally no pleasing you

Missed the point, well done.

He can sit there and say he's interested in Ronaldo and Xavi for all I care, but unless he actually gets them its nothing more than rumours and red herrings.

Do you really believe he's actually trying hard to sign Cavani or just putting in a bid he knows will be turned down so he can say he tried?

Something which I think people forget about Woj is he like Wilshere is a leader within the team despite being very young.

I don't really get that sense from Woj. I think he's a confident young man, and a commanding goalkeeper as well. However, that doesn't mean he's a leader. Is he someone who can calm everyone down when the team is being rattled? Can he give words of advice, or make team speech? Can he lead by example, and lift the entire team? Or is he just a very strong individual?

Well actually last year he was quite an important figure he was one of the players who took charge and had quite a go at his team mates last season along with RVP. He is a leader, I don't think he should become captain anytime soon. There are various types of leader. He is just the sort of strong personality who takes responsibility which is very important and is part of leadership.

The curious one is TV who was a leader until he became captain.

Archived