Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would people rather have a cheaper Diame, who has loads of EPL experience, won't need time to bed into a new league etc but may be inconsistent (looked good every game i've seen him play for West Ham) or an untried M'Vila who is a complete hot head, loves a bit of controversy and headlines, would cost about 3 times as much and no guarantees he'd fit into this league?

The other alternative is Sissoko, £3.5m but who's career has stalled dramatically in the past 18 months with Toulouse. I'd argue that most people (not all of course) are basing their expectations of these players on their FM experiences rather than having seen them play.

Are we only limited to those 3 players? Is Diame better than Song? Why should we sell quality but not replace them with quality? I've heard and seen good things about m'vila, Sissoko & Capoue but there must be a reason that only Newcastle, Qpr and Everton are the only teams to be seriously linked with them!

Sissoko is a good player but not quite what he is on FM. At that price he would be a good deal. If we wanted M'Vila we would have signed him in the summer. His attitude is the issue. I know Ajw is still keen on him though but the last thing we need is an attitude problem

Also these are quite different players M'Vila is more of a holding mid than the other two who are more dynamic

Sissoko hasn't been the same player for a while, given the scouting that goes on at Arsenal, I'd be surprised if any of the names mentioned haven't been watched 10-15 times each in the last 12 months, if not more.

Are we only limited to those 3 players? Is Diame better than Song? Why should we sell quality but not replace them with quality? I've heard and seen good things about m'vila, Sissoko & Capoue but there must be a reason that only Newcastle, Qpr and Everton are the only teams to be seriously linked with them!

No not at all are we limited, thats just the names that have been mentioned. Anyone throwing any other valid names into the pot would get equal consideration i'm sure. Song was a very good player, but no matter what club you're at, unless its Real Madrid, Barcelona is a hard one to turn down for any player when the deal is right.

We all know the main hope for this season from Arsene was that Diaby had put his injuries behind him and he would be what we saw at the start of the season, but it wasn't to be.

If Song was such a bad influence why did he play every game last season? Not sure I believe the story, think we sold him because that's what we do. We sell our best players.

M'Vila's attitude problems are massively overblown imo, he's a kid who needs a challenge. Plus I think we need a ******* in the side.

I don't see him saying it about Arteta. The Song thing I would assume is to do with his lackadaisical approach to defending. In the summer M'Vila would have broken our transfer record given his attitude issues which were known then that would have been a bad deal. Now it is arguable about the risk because the price is less than half what it was in the summer but I would rather have Capoue who doesn't seem to come with such question marks.

There is difference between having a **** in the team and having someone with a bad attitude. His attitude problems have come with playing with France which is hardly a lack of a challenge. I think we got it right in the summer and now. However with the rest of the deals I agree. I am also not sure how they are overblown tbh.

Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Coquelin, Wilshere, Diaby, Cazorla, Walcott, Giroud

Either we are playing 4-4-2 or Cazorla is on the wing or it is that diamond that Aj has been talking about. I reckon Cazorla out wide

Diaby furthest forward of the midfield 3 then? I remember he had a great spell in that position 3-4 years back, then got injured. Of course.

I think he'll play in the middle with Wilshere ahead of him. I think that was the plan after Cesc went, to play Jack there, he played in this position before that injury in some friendlies IIRC.

Giroud is such a Wiltord. Good squad player, just not good enough to start every week.

We are woeful. Michu will come on and score with his first touch again. Wenger to bring Podolski on for whoever is looking most dangerous on the 70th minute mark.

Archived