Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone, I'm in America and I am planning to go to London over Christmas 2013 to see 3 matches. Does anyone know the best way to get tickets? I expect at least 1 of them to be away matches but that's fine, fixture list won't be out for a long time.

Can anyone tell me about red membership? I'd get it to just get access to buy the tickets but how likely is it that tickets will be available to me with just a red membership? Against, lets say, Chelsea what are the odds tickets will be available to reds and then what are the odds I'll be able to purchase them before everyone else jumps on them? How about against a team like Newcastle or Southampton?

My biggest concern is that I'll end up getting screwed with 0 tickets when the entire point of the trip is to see Arsenal play. I have to buy $2,300 of airfare far in advance before I can buy the tickets to see the game.

The lack of even whispers are worrying me given our ability to take forever and to ponder over transfers

A couple of papers are going with striker Eduardo Vargas this morning on loan, an £11m signing for Napoli at this time last season, record: played 16 scored 0!

A couple of papers are going with striker Eduardo Vargas this morning on loan, an £11m signing for Napoli at this time last season, record: played 16 scored 0!

Also confirmed by Crossy that the Vargas story is a fake rumour created on Twitter.

Seriously, wtf is wrong with Wenger??? Is he actually trying to get sacked on purpose??

The best players like Fellaini and Ba will/have move(ed) to competitors whilst we try struggling through a very hard January with crap players until we swoop for the "special players" on the 31st that we are left to choose from.

Negligent and unacceptable.

Hey everyone, I'm in America and I am planning to go to London over Christmas 2013 to see 3 matches. Does anyone know the best way to get tickets? I expect at least 1 of them to be away matches but that's fine, fixture list won't be out for a long time.

Can anyone tell me about red membership? I'd get it to just get access to buy the tickets but how likely is it that tickets will be available to me with just a red membership? Against, lets say, Chelsea what are the odds tickets will be available to reds and then what are the odds I'll be able to purchase them before everyone else jumps on them? How about against a team like Newcastle or Southampton?

My biggest concern is that I'll end up getting screwed with 0 tickets when the entire point of the trip is to see Arsenal play. I have to buy $2,300 of airfare far in advance before I can buy the tickets to see the game.

Access to tickets works in a priority level. There are four levels. Red, Silver, Gold and Platinum. Platinum get access first, Gold get access second, Silver get access third and Red get access fourth...after that, if there are any remaining tickets (BIG IF) they go on general sale. If I was you, I'd buy red Membership when the new season starts and keep an eye out early. There's also 'ticket exchange' where you can buy already bought tickets from others.

Hope this helps.

Also confirmed by Crossy that the Vargas story is a fake rumour created on Twitter.

Seriously, wtf is wrong with Wenger??? Is he actually trying to get sacked on purpose??

The best players like Fellaini and Ba will/have move(ed) to competitors whilst we try struggling through a very hard January with crap players until we swoop for the "special players" on the 31st that we are left to choose from.

Negligent and unacceptable.

We can't compete with Chelsea and Fellaini isn't moving so not sure what he has done wrong there tbh....

We have said no to M'Vila apparently

David Bakker ‏@DavidJBakker

RE: Arsenal fans questions. Yes heard 'some' info. - Interest in Zaha has tailed off but negotiations started for McCarthy, expect this done

For people messaging me asking how confident I am on James McCarthy to Arsenal - Confidence in the source. Player wants the move as well.

RE: Update McCarthy to Arsenal. Wigan and Arsenal attempting to make a deal for player. As said yesterday M'Vila interest broke down.

Oh God I am moist. PLEASE be true. I love James McCarthy.

We wont be signing anyone, at least anyone the fans are crying out for. We are in an unusual position when nearly all of our squad are fit!

If that's true then Wenger won't have anywhere to hide anymore.

You don't pass up the chance to sign Llorente, Huntelaar, Fellaini, Baines etc and get away with it after the last 5 years. I'm not saying we should be buying all those but if Fellaini goes to Chavski as reported without a whimper from us then Wenger has to be hounded out. Fellaini is perfect for us.

Sounds crap. :(

Obviously didn't watch our game against Wigan then. Was the best player on the pitch. Is a better midfielder than Yann M'Vila too.

Really showing what a lack of knowledge you have here Dj. But then we all knew that anyway didn't we?

Whilst I like McCarthy, I always thought he was more a deep lying playmaker type rather than a defensive midfielder? Would rather an out and out defensive midfielder tbh, but any addition better than nothing I guess

Well Arteta is doing a good job as the holding midfielder seemingly if you look at how he performs statistically. Which gives rise to the question about how the rest of midfield is set up and suggests that the Cazorla and Wilshere combination just doesn't work in terms of defence and also attack in my view

Since when were Fellaini and especially Baines people we have passed up the chance to sign? Everton are adamant that neither are leaving and no-ones even rumouring that Baines is going anywhere.

Fellaini has a release clause....

Well Arteta is doing a good job as the holding midfielder seemingly if you look at how he performs statistically. Which gives rise to the question about how the rest of midfield is set up and suggests that the Cazorla and Wilshere combination just doesn't work in terms of defence and also attack in my view

Not sure about stats but in the match against Southampton there was a huge gap in front of the defence for the most part.

Not sure about stats but in the match against Southampton there was a huge gap in front of the defence for the most part.

I think the issue is more what is around him than him himself tbh. He went forwards more and exposed us more as our attack/the rest of the midfield was woeful. I think we would be fine if it wasn't just him defending but Wilshere and Cazorla are looking to get forward. The midfield would be better if it was Arteta with Wilshere and a runner (diaby for instance) with Cazorla on the wing. That should be our midfield. Also Arteta playing deep allows us to prolong his career

The midfield 3 is only working sometimes and when they are all physically a lot stronger than the opposition. In most cases the centre of the field is our biggest weakness, lack of roatation and substitutions doesn't help as well. The plan to play with no DM was too ambitious.

I admit not having seen too much of McCarthy, but while watching some youtube video that was showing his play against Spurs my first thoughts were 'so he does what Arteta is doing for us, he's just stronger physically'. Probably more suited to the defensive duties, but not nearly as good technically as Arteta is.

Having an alternative for Arteta would be nice of course (but then again we have Coquelin and he is not being used by Wenger), but as SJ234 pointed out the problem seems to be a lot bigger. Move Cazorla to the wing, let our best midfielder from last season play in his position. Or get a proper DMC.

I like James McCarthy i do, good young hard working promising midfielder, but he would be an average signing and not the one to galvanize us for the 2nd half of this season, (sarcasm begins) he does have the ability to play down the right, so Arsene can put him out their as a winger which he would inevitably do, seriously Arsene/greedy board buy some wingers, proper wingers, or switch formations and stop playing our players out of position(sarcasm ends)

Wouldnt mind us beating Spurs to the signing of Younes Belhanda.

As someone said previously we are in a curious situation of an almost?(im assuming at the time i write this Diaby has not fallen out of bed, walked into a door, stubbed his toe or otherwise broken himself) fully fit squad which like some assume could mean we wont buy anyone atleast till the very end of the market, thus missing out on players, but im predicting losses against City and Chelsea which should move the board to react in signing someone to please the fans and improve the squad.

For the love of all things holy could people stop asking for wengers head every several posts or so? we get it you want him out we dont need to hear it every ****ing day, at the end of the season if we dont finish 4th or win a trophy then by all means call for his head i will happily agree and join you in such a call, but for now and till then he is the man for the job as it would only destabilize us further imo.

Talking of destabilizing, this Walcott contract saga really has not helped, just as previous players who have left after prolonged saga's have done its bound to have had a demoralising effect on alot of the team, tbh we should of booted djourou and squillaci out the door and given their wages to theo, and put the other cripples on pay as you go contracts (yeah i know its not as easy as that, just venting frustration :D)

Yesterday (or day before) I opened arsenal.com and saw Theo's picture as the main news, for a second I thought 'yes, he finally signed it!'. But it was just about him winning the goal of the month award or something. I entered the site today with some hope fuelled by posts made here.

And I saw Gervinho.

:(

The midfield 3 is only working sometimes and when they are all physically a lot stronger than the opposition. In most cases the centre of the field is our biggest weakness, lack of roatation and substitutions doesn't help as well. The plan to play with no DM was too ambitious.

I admit not having seen too much of McCarthy, but while watching some youtube video that was showing his play against Spurs my first thoughts were 'so he does what Arteta is doing for us, he's just stronger physically'. Probably more suited to the defensive duties, but not nearly as good technically as Arteta is.

Having an alternative for Arteta would be nice of course (but then again we have Coquelin and he is not being used by Wenger), but as SJ234 pointed out the problem seems to be a lot bigger. Move Cazorla to the wing, let our best midfielder from last season play in his position. Or get a proper DMC.

It isn't a lack of Dm it is a lack of player in between the dm and the most attacking midfielder. We have that player but he is hardly ever fit. Rosicky could certainly help provide energy to the midfield. The issue on the offensive side for me is that neither Wilshere or Cazorla get into the box particularly there is no drive from the midfield something which Neville highlighted on MNF before the reading game.

Getting a proper DM would help defensively in that you would then have two defensively minded players we would be going back to the 4-2-3-1 which was successful at the beginning of the season but a holding mid plus Arteta with say Cazorla in front also wouldn't work imo because it would be easy for the opposition to pick him up as I am not convinced it could be fluid enough to avoid that.

When the midfield is fluid we are brilliant but it rarely is.

It isn't a lack of Dm it is a lack of player in between the dm and the most attacking midfielder. We have that player but he is hardly ever fit. Rosicky could certainly help provide energy to the midfield. The issue on the offensive side for me is that neither Wilshere or Cazorla get into the box particularly there is no drive from the midfield something which Neville highlighted on MNF before the reading game.

Getting a proper DM would help defensively in that you would then have two defensively minded players we would be going back to the 4-2-3-1 which was successful at the beginning of the season but a holding mid plus Arteta with say Cazorla in front also wouldn't work imo because it would be easy for the opposition to pick him up as I am not convinced it could be fluid enough to avoid that.

When the midfield is fluid we are brilliant but it rarely is.

The neville reading example was a bad one as cazorla scored a hattrick inside the box in that one.

Just to get this straight, Frimpong is not my favourite footballer but I do like his aggression, energy, physicality and drive.

These are qualities our midfield is desperately short of and think we would better balanced with him in the team than the trio of lightweights.

Of course I would rather we get the checkbook out and bring in a new Yaya Touré.

Wilshere is hardly a lightweight tbf to him

He is 5’8, has spent more time on his back than his feet for the past few matches, stops playing and sulks every time he feels he should get a decision and jumped out the way of a goal scoring free kick.

I think lightweight is more than fair.

Archived