Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4735596/Carl-Jenkinson-could-be-sent-out-on-loan-by-Arsenal.html

I hope this is a joke. A very sick joke.

Surely, SURELY, Wenger can't be this stupid???

Yeah Wenger is stupid, but the person thinking a tabloid story with no evidence or quotes might have some truth in it is a genius.

Yeah Wenger is stupid, but the person thinking a tabloid story with no evidence or quotes might have some truth in it is a genius.

Read my first line.

You really are blinkered aren't you!? And you say I only select what I want to hear.... :rolleyes:

On a scale, just how ridiculous are you going to look if its true?

Read my first line.

You really are blinkered aren't you!? And you say I only select what I want to hear.... :rolleyes:

On a scale, just how ridiculous are you going to look if its true?

About 180 lbs?

He'll not look ridiculous at all. Dismissing an article with no quotes or evidence is the sane thing to do ffs :D

About 180 lbs?

He'll not look ridiculous at all. Dismissing an article with no quotes or evidence is the sane thing to do ffs :D

Bit of a flattering estimate there. :D

Even if I were to look ridiculous, at least it'd be an exception, not something done on a daily basis. But yeah, even if Jenks went on loan it wouldn't alter the fact that the above article has no substance at all.

It has a depressing familiarity about it.

We need the signings more than ever as well. It is not like Wenger hasn't spent in January and it hasn't helped us improve 03/04 the Reyes signing and 08/09 Arshavin both helped us finish the season strongly

I can't see us getting to 4th spot with the current squad so I think we need some fresh blood.

Ultimately he'll be judged on where we are at the end of the season.

I agree, 4 players atleast imo, DM/Box to Box player is priority, A Proper Winger if he continues to play this 4-5-1, Another Striker and a Leftback for competition for Gibbs.

we don't need 4 to finish in the top 4. The players needed to make our squad well rounded- hopefully good enough to challenge regularly are:

• backup keeper
  • RB (assuming Sagna leaves though I have heard Bellerin is in line for that promotion)
  • LB
  • CB/Utility player who can play in midfield (If Djourou goes permanently),
  • Box to box/runner type (Diaby can do this and Ramsey can if he can rediscover his talent),
  • Winger or two (depends on whether Theo is to stay up front if he is then we need wingers rather than strikers),
  • Striker (if theo isn't to become a striker permanently)

That is what we need imo to become a top team again. Oh and for Wenger to competently put it together

we don't need 4 to finish in the top 4. The players needed to make our squad well rounded- hopefully good enough to challenge regularly are:

• backup keeper
  • RB (assuming Sagna leaves though I have heard Bellerin is in line for that promotion)
  • LB
  • CB/Utility player who can play in midfield (If Djourou goes permanently),
  • Box to box/runner type (Diaby can do this and Ramsey can if he can rediscover his talent),
  • Winger or two (depends on whether Theo is to stay up front if he is then we need wingers rather than strikers),
  • Striker (if theo isn't to become a striker permanently)

That is what we need imo to become a top team again. Oh and for Wenger to competently put it together

So in other words, we've no chance! ;)

I'd be happy with (based on rumours of unsettled players and players linked to Arsenal):

Stekelenburg, Baines, McCarthy, Belhanda/Fellaini, Villa and Aubemayang. Will we get any of them? Most likely not, but a guy can hope, right? :D

From that list I think Wenger would agree with LB and maybe winger and a striker. Of course a lot depends on players going out.

Personally assuming everyone stays I'd say we need a DMC and LB (or player who can play at both sides of defence) - but other than that it is more a thing of brining in someone of a higher quality than our current players. We have depth in most positions, the backup players are mostly ok for Prem level.

The biggest issue for me is the 'Wenger to competently put it together' part.

Our seeming lack of interest in bringing anyone in is er worrying

Moussa Sissoko for 3.5million. Seems a bargain from what I know about him he is the sort of player we need though he hasn't lived up to the hype apparently.

His contract is up in the summer.

tbf we are going backwards, just look at Spurs, every transfer window/signing you know will be pretty good/exciting for a Spurs fan, transfer windows for us are ****ing nightmares, we have literally no idea what to expect at all.

Exactly. Been saying this for a long time.

I am dismayed that we're well into Jan now and still no new blood. We've got a very hard list of fixtures coming and we're in poor form with no new players. We should have signed Ba. We should have a new DM by now and a proper winger.

Wenger has been testing the fans patience for a long time, now he's just trying to get sacked surely.

I'd like a new signing or two but surely not because we have a fixture congestion or we're in poor form. But it is unlikely to happen:

"We have a good squad, a balanced one. At the moment nobody can go out, unless we buy somebody. At the moment our focus is to keep everybody. In every position we have two players. Three is too many and one is not enough."

Wenger's comments in the press conference today were / are utterly scandalous. The man is now, amongst other things, preaching about value of watching a game for inflated prices comparing it to the theatre.

He has to go. I am convinced now more than ever we won't be improving the squad this month.

It hurts so much to say this but I'm going to. I want us to win nothing and finish outside of the top 4 this season. It is for our own good that Wenger leaves as soon as possible and this is the only way I see that happening.

Disgusting man.

Wenger's comments in the press conference today were / are utterly scandalous. The man is now, amongst other things, preaching about value of watching a game for inflated prices comparing it to the theatre.

He has to go. I am convinced now more than ever we won't be improving the squad this month.

It hurts so much to say this but I'm going to. I want us to win nothing and finish outside of the top 4 this season. It is for our own good that Wenger leaves as soon as possible and this is the only way I see that happening.

Disgusting man.

I've never doubted this. You seem to actually want us to fail so you get your wish - that isn't anything new.

tbf we are going backwards, just look at Spurs, every transfer window/signing you know will be pretty good/exciting for a Spurs fan, transfer windows for us are ****ing nightmares, we have literally no idea what to expect at all.

There is no doubt that transfer windows for us are more a case of hoping in vain rather than exciting. I remember HOVI and I going on about this about 5 years ago.

For me, each transfer window has at the very beginning a feeling of hope that we're going to dip into the pot and get at least one exciting purchase. Then as the window progresses it becomes more apparent that nothing (exciting) is going to happen. I've almost forgotten what it's like to buy someone and be really excited by them - like I was when we signed Reyes (ok, ultimately that didn't work out but it was great when we signed him!).

There is no doubt that transfer windows for us are more a case of hoping in vain rather than exciting. I remember HOVI and I going on about this about 5 years ago.

For me, each transfer window has at the very beginning a feeling of hope that we're going to dip into the pot and get at least one exciting purchase. Then as the window progresses it becomes more apparent that nothing (exciting) is going to happen. I've almost forgotten what it's like to buy someone and be really excited by them - like I was when we signed Reyes (ok, ultimately that didn't work out but it was great when we signed him!).

This summer was nearly that but it hasn't turned into it now. Wenger's comments are genius if we buy and madness if we don't and I think it is the latter going by how quiet it is. I wouldn't agree on the Spurs point but I agree we only ever seem to be trying to cover for what we have lost rather than improving what we have. I just don't understand what the club thinks they are watching when we can't beat teams who are in theory worse than us and yet they think what they are doing/have works. What is their money hoarding for? As if we can spot these glaring issues then they can.

Disgusting man.

Really? Even with his current performances this is no way to think of a man who has revolutionised our club, taken us from a corrupt mid table cup team and turned us into one of the stonger teams in European Football. The lack of respect given to Wenger by our own fans is quite shocking - yes you may think his time is up, and if you want to think that then fine, but to think that he is disgusting is frankly appalling.

What relevance is their transfer window - they always end up below us - their signings cant be that great.

What relevance is their transfer window - they always end up below us - their signings cant be that great.

we can't keep relying on Spurs or Chelsea to **** up in order to get 4th, one of these years, most likely this one, we wont have food poisoning or **** goalkeeping to fall back on to gift us top 4.

I kind of understand Sy there, maybe failure is the spark needed for change.

So frustrating watching Spurs being so much more ambitious while it feels like we only go backwards, might just give this club a reality check, or else maybe we get 4th again somehow and continue settling for it, I don't know if anyone else feels like the club will ever wake up if they keep getting the 4th they wish for. Please progress Arsenal much like our rivals.

I kind of understand Sy there, maybe failure is the spark needed for change.

So frustrating watching Spurs being so much more ambitious while it feels like we only go backwards, might just give this club a reality check, or else maybe we get 4th again somehow and continue settling for it, I don't know if anyone else feels like the club will ever wake up if they keep getting the 4th they wish for. Please progress Arsenal much like our rivals.

Im hoping the inevitable losses we will suffer against City and Chelsea will force the board/manager's hand in signing some new players, cant see any deals being done till those two matches are out of the way.

GeoffArsenal and Dean (AFCAMDEN) have both said Theo deal is agreed. We are the north bank have said interest in Zaha has dropped off, Villa remains the main target but Barca are being difficult and we're after M'Biwa too.

Those 3 are usually reliable.

It's unlikely but if we pull Villa off then it'll be great.

To be fair to Sy, it's not that simple. He wants to see short term failure as a catalyst for change from the long term mediocrity (as they see it) that Arsenal fans have endured.

long term mediocrity :D 3 or 4 years of dissapointment is not long term mediocrity

And to be honest it is simple - i cannot see how a fan would want to see their own team fail.

GeoffArsenal and Dean (AFCAMDEN) have both said Theo deal is agreed. We are the north bank have said interest in Zaha has dropped off, Villa remains the main target but Barca are being difficult and we're after M'Biwa too.

Those 3 are usually reliable.

It's unlikely but if we pull Villa off then it'll be great.

If only we had the classlessness of Barca to start harrasing him in the press and via the board until he joined us

long term mediocrity :D 3 or 4 years of dissapointment is not long term mediocrity

And to be honest it is simple - i cannot see how a fan would want to see their own team fail.

Well, I once kind of wanted Slask Wroclaw to lose the next game. It was clear the current manager was not going to do anything good anymore, we were heading towards relegation zone and the pressure was on him already, with clear signs from the board they want to see improvements in results soon or he'd go. I just knew the sooner he left the better so I wanted things that would make him leave asap to leave. So 'intellectually' I wanted us to lose the next game. Of course it stopped when the game started, and I was back to normal 'supporting mode', I never wanted us to lose in emotional terms.

So I can understand it for one game when a manager is so much under pressure that it is clear he'll be sacked if he loses. But not in terms of a season. Especially as even total failure probably won't get Wenger sacked. Not to mention that I think it won't happen and we'll be in top 4.

BTW the Slask Wroclaw manager I mentioned was sacked after that game (which we lost). The guy who we hired got us to 2nd place that season and first European qualification in ages. Next season under him we won the title.

It isn't about wanting the team to fail, it's about wanting events to come to pass that forces a necessary change. I want to see Arsenal succeed in every way but I now know that simply will not happen with Wenger in charge. Sometimes things have to get worse in order to get better.

Archived