Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's only been there 2 months.

He was there for a season on loan and was then signed permanently this season for around 5million, so he's been there for a lot longer than two months. He also wasn't signed by AVB, isn't in his plans and isn't happy according to the media.

He was there for a season on loan and was then signed permanently this season for around 5million, so he's been there for a lot longer than two months. He also wasn't signed by AVB, isn't in his plans and isn't happy according to the media.

Not an AVB signing? Despite AVB being at the club for a month and a half when he was signed? Seeing as how AVB had a hand in signing players who were more or less signed before he was officially announced I find that very hard to believe

Not an AVB signing? Despite AVB being at the club for a month and a half when he was signed? Seeing as how AVB had a hand in signing players who were more or less signed before he was officially announced I find that very hard to believe

I find it hard to believe that AVB, or any manager, would permanently sign a player that was brought in on loan by a different manager, unless he was amazing. Then take into consideration how many times Adebayor has played under AVB so far (3 subs, and let's not forget that Spurs are in the Europa league) and it's a big indicator that he isn't part of AVB's plans, which again, seems to be a pretty clear indicator that he wasn't signed by AVB unless AVB is a complete idiot who likes to **** wages and transfer fees up the wall on players he doesn't use.

I find it hard to believe that AVB, or any manager, would permanently sign a player that was brought in on loan by a different manager, unless he was amazing. Then take into consideration how many times Adebayor has played under AVB so far (3 subs, and let's not forget that Spurs are in the Europa league) and it's a big indicator that he isn't part of AVB's plans, which again, seems to be a pretty clear indicator that he wasn't signed by AVB unless AVB is a complete idiot who likes to **** wages and transfer fees up the wall on players he doesn't use.

Alternatively hes been injured and not fit which makes playing quite difficult, plus the form of Defoe has meant its difficult for him to walk straight into the side. In Europe spurs so far have been playing pretty much full strength lineups without much rotation. Had he been fit I'm pretty sure he would have started the season for spurs and not Defoe but it didn't happen.

Well if he's been injured and unfit all season then fair enough, but I've not seen it mentioned any where that this is the reason he's only made a few sub appearances. I guess we will find out the truth in January or at the end of the season.

I find it hard to believe that AVB, or any manager, would permanently sign a player that was brought in on loan by a different manager

What? So because Adebayor was on loan last season AVB should just completely disregard him? By that thinking shouldn't be be trying to get rid of all the players already at the club? They were all brought in by different managers.

So why is Adebayor at Spurs? Did Levy just go out and decide he didn't care what AVB thought, he wanted to get rid of some money and Ade was the best bet for that?

What? So because Adebayor was on loan last season AVB should just completely disregard him? By that thinking shouldn't be be trying to get rid of all the players already at the club? They were all brought in by different managers.

So why is Adebayor at Spurs? Did Levy just go out and decide he didn't care what AVB thought, he wanted to get rid of some money and Ade was the best bet for that?

Right, because new managers don't come in and stamp their own brand of football on a club, and ship out players from the previous regime, especially players who aren't on permanent contracts and high wages. What a ridiculous concept!

How do you know what went on behind the scenes? How do you know that there wasn't some sort of agreement between Levy and Adebayor which Levy had to respect despite a new manager coming in?

Basically, neither of us know, and it's all just speculation that we've put together from different media sources. If he leaves in January, or at the end of the season, then I'll probably have been right, until then it's just an 'ego off', so I'll leave it at that.

Right, because new managers don't come in and stamp their own brand of football on a club, and ship out players from the previous regime, especially players who aren't on permanent contracts and high wages. What a ridiculous concept!

Yup, that's exactly what I said and exactly what I meant. Good job on the reading there :thup:

Simple fact is Adebayor won't have been brought in if AVB wanted nothing to do with him. The reason he arrived so late was because the negotiations were not going smooth enough, if they wanted Spurs could have said it wasn't working and gone elsewhere, in spite of any imaginary personal agreement

Yeah, I'd iamgine negotiatns were probably underway already, AVB was asked if he wanted him, and he said yes (because at the price they are paying and how he performed last season, why wouldnt you?). They're playing one striker atm and Defoe is on fire, I can see Ade getting fed up and not wanting to be on the bench, but to say he isn't wanted at Spurs seems silly, who else do they even have as back up?

Yeah, I'd iamgine negotiatns were probably underway already, AVB was asked if he wanted him, and he said yes (because at the price they are paying and how he performed last season, why wouldnt you?). They're playing one striker atm and Defoe is on fire, I can see Ade getting fed up and not wanting to be on the bench, but to say he isn't wanted at Spurs seems silly, who else do they even have as back up?

Easy to see him get fed up even if he's starting and scoring a hat trick every game :D They basically have Ade, Defoe and some youngster, I think. No other 'proper' striker

Yup, that's exactly what I said and exactly what I meant. Good job on the reading there :thup:

Simple fact is Adebayor won't have been brought in if AVB wanted nothing to do with him. The reason he arrived so late was because the negotiations were not going smooth enough, if they wanted Spurs could have said it wasn't working and gone elsewhere, in spite of any imaginary personal agreement

Hold on a minute. You were suggesting that's what he shouldn't be doing and for me to suggest it was daft. Wtf are you talking about? You seem to have completely lost any concept of this conversation in your desperate attempt to be right.

Hold on a minute. You were suggesting that's what he shouldn't be doing and for me to suggest it was daft. Wtf are you talking about? You seem to have completely lost any concept of this conversation in your desperate attempt to be right.

You say:

I find it hard to believe that AVB, or any manager, would permanently sign a player that was brought in on loan by a different manager

Adebayor was signed on loan by someone else, hence AVB should want nothing to do with him.

So I mock that sweeping, nonsensical statement by saying he should then, by the same non-logic, want to get rid of all the other players at the club as they were signed by other managers.

It's not a desperate attempt to be right when I actually am right, you know?

Lets stop the Adebayor talk :D Spurs bought him for £5 million so he wont be sold for less, he doesn't stay at a club for more than 2 seasons and would want high wages not to mention the moment he is rotated to the bench he will kick up a fuss.

Tough game on Thursday against the Russian league leaders, will be interesting to see Eto up against our defence :D

You say:

Adebayor was signed on loan by someone else, hence AVB should want nothing to do with him.

So I mock that sweeping, nonsensical statement by saying he should then, by the same non-logic, want to get rid of all the other players at the club as they were signed by other managers.

It's not a desperate attempt to be right when I actually am right, you know?

It was YOU that made the nonsensical sweeping statement that I'd suggested that he gets rid of all the players that weren't signed by him. I said that I find it hard to believe that a new manager would sign a player who wasn't loaned in by him, and who is on a lot of money, unless he was brilliant, so you were just putting words into my mouth as I never suggested anything of the sort until you came to your 'sweepingly' bizarre conclusion and took my words completely out of context to fit your own "I must be right at all costs" agenda.

The ego and arrogance of your post is right up there with the best of them, but I'll stop now as one of us should stop the thread descending into a bickering match.

Bloody hell. All this over a player that no liverpool fan in their right mind would want anyway.

We'll lose on Thursday, and quite badly too i'd expect. Can see Carragher and Coates starting again and the whole thing being an unmitigated disaster. Will Reina be back by then do we know?

Potential line-up

Jones

Johnson

Carragher

Coates

Enrique

Suso

Shelvey

Henderson

Assaidi

Morgan

Downing

Us to concede at least 4 with maybe the odd goal in reply.

I think people get overly obsessed with this 'not risk' them thing, injury prone and older players aside, most players, including those that i mentioned, are perfectly capable of playing midweek and 3 days later. they'd do it crap loads if we were in the CL. it's not really a risk in general at all.

I am sure he will rest players for the derby, but if we lose to Anzhi then we are all but out of the competition barring a couple of immense away performances. Don't think benjaminpeter will be too far off with his line up - maybe Yesil for Morgan and Cole for Suso.

I think people get overly obsessed with this 'not risk' them thing, injury prone and older players aside, most players, including those that i mentioned, are perfectly capable of playing midweek and 3 days later. they'd do it crap loads if we were in the CL. it's not really a risk in general at all.

I think the majority of people would assume 'dont risk' is because we are afraid of said player getting cleaned out by a nasty tackle rather than simply pulling a muscle or something due to lack of fitness. My take on it anyway

Bloody hell. All this over a player that no liverpool fan in their right mind would want anyway.

We'll lose on Thursday, and quite badly too i'd expect. Can see Carragher and Coates starting again and the whole thing being an unmitigated disaster. Will Reina be back by then do we know?

Potential line-up

Jones

Johnson

Carragher

Coates

Enrique

Suso

Shelvey

Henderson

Assaidi

Morgan

Downing

Us to concede at least 4 with maybe the odd goal in reply.

Anzhi aren't high scorers so I don't see us conceeding that many. Hope we put out a stronger line-up than that, our co-efficient needs to be upheld and we should be taking the Europa League very seriously.

Yep. Over the next few years or Champions League heroics will dropping off our co-efficient, so we could do woth reaching the latter stages to stop our seedings falling off the face of the earth.

We've already lost our second final haven't we?

Just checked and these are our co-efficients

9d89a5ce142736bbb6f753a946adba52.png?1351005239

Not sure how they're worked out but 2008/09 (the first one where we scored 23) we got to the quarters of the Champs League, I don't know how far we'd have to get in the Europa to match that.

Yep. Over the next few years or Champions League heroics will dropping off our co-efficient, so we could do woth reaching the latter stages to stop our seedings falling off the face of the earth.

Also need to make sure we qualify again next year via our league position, otherwise a good run this year is pretty futile.

Tough one for Brendan to balance out but I hope he gives Suarez the night off on Thursday. With our shortage of strikers up front, we'd be in big trouble if he got injured.

Still got the Europa League semi in there. A good run to the last 8 would be useful.

You don't want Man City style groups if and when we get back in the CL. The utter crapness in the Europa League is counting against them at the moment. It's why man Utd get good draws more often than not, seeding keeps them away from groups of death. Being top seed quality team in pot 2 or 3 is a nightmare. Or.... maybe that's what we want ;)

Archived