Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

Raheem Sterling and Jonjo Shelvey are among the nominees for this year's European Golden Boy award.

The annual trophy is handed out by sports journalists across Europe to the best player under the age of 21.

Previous winners include Rafael van der Vaart, Wayne Rooney, Cesc Fabregas, Lionel Messi, Mario Balotelli and, last year, Mario Gotze of Borussia Dortmund.

Newspapers that participate in the award, which was established by Italian sports paper Tuttosport in 2003, include L'Équipe, Marca, Bild, The Times and De Telegraaf.

You can also vote for your preferred winner here.

The complete list of nominees is:

David Alaba - Bayern Munich

Jano Ananidze - Spartak Moscow

Christian Atsu - FC Porto

Jean-Christophe Bahebeck - Troyes

Joel Campbell - Real Betis

Luc Castaignos - FC Twente

Thibaut Courtois - Atletico Madrid

Philippe Coutinho - Inter

Gerard Deulofeu - Barcelona

Julian Draxler - Schalke

Dudu - Dynamo Kyiv

Stephan El Shaarawy - AC Milan

Christian Eriksen - Ajax

Mario Gotze - Borussia Dortmund

John Guidetti - Manchester City

Isco - Malaga

Jese - Real Madrid

Ola John - Benfica

Vaclav Kadlec - Sparta Prague

Koke - Atletico Madrid

Mateo Kovacic - Dinamo Zagreb

Milan Lalkovic - Vitoria Guimaraes

Erik Lamela - Roma

Jurgen Locadia - PSV Eindhoven

Samuele Longo - Espanyol

Lazar Markovic - Partizan Belgrade

Bruno Martins Indi - Feyenoord

Iker Muniain - Athletic Bilbao

Ahmed Musa - CSKA Moscow

Pedro Obiang - Sampdoria

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - Arsenal

Magomed Ozdoev - Lokomotiv Moscow

Paul Pogba - Juventus

Mohamed Salah - Basel

Jonjo Shelvey - Liverpool

Raheem Sterling - Liverpool

Raphael Varane - Real Madrid

Marco Verratti - Paris Saint-Germain

Granit Xhaka - Borussia Monchengladbach

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, reckon he's the type of guy that ends up at a Swansea type club and achieves nothing despite having mass potential before moving there but the manager never gets the best out of him.

Club apologising means they accept his version of events then. If so, Chang should be unemployed now. Within his probationary period.

Well, there is still an investigation isn't there?

I think Ayre has helped usher this one away, official apology without actually saying 'we believe Chang is a total nutter' but also saying that Chang did not behave appropriately at all.

Blogger bloke seems happy and from a public perspective I don't reckon we'll hear too much more about it. I think this Chang will get a slap on the wrist but will keep his job at least for the short-term but there must be some question marks over his handling of things

They don't really specify that Chang was a total nutjob though (although I reckon what Jenkins said was more or less true) they just apologise for him being inappropriate towards Jenkins and that seems enough so it works out not too bad for Chang.

I doubt the internal bit of this will make it to the public eye and Jenkins seems to have been placated

Confirmed #LFC team v Swansea: Jones, Robinson, Coates, Carragher, Henderson, Shelvey, Allen, Cole, Assaidi, Yesil, Downing.

Confirmed #LFC subs: Ward, Suarez, Gerrard, Suso, Sterling, Skrtel, Wisdom.

How old was gerrard and Owen when they starting playing every game for Liverpool? Im trying to compare them to Sterling as far as when they started making regular first team appearances

How old was gerrard and Owen when they starting playing every game for Liverpool? Im trying to compare them to Sterling as far as when they started making regular first team appearances

Gerrard was 19 when he started regularly, Owen was 17 (for the first few months then 18 as birthday was in December).

Swansea looking a little dangerous on the break. One fantastic cross field pass from I think Joe Allen, time for Shelvey to step up and show us the goods.
I bet he's got some Blu-Ray players and PS3 games in the boot of "his" car, if that's what you're getting at.

I bet he's got some Blu-Ray players and PS3 games in the boot of "his" car, if that's what you're getting at.

Maybe he has. I do think he's got genuine quality though, he's very raw but I love his enthusiasm and his will to make something happen, granted it doesn't always work but I like that he's not afraid to do something.

Archived