Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure you have a coach set to take control of tactics in the training catergory.

Set training to 50% match and 50% general training.

Make sure the match training is set to tactics.

You need 12 games to make it all fluid.

Make sure you have training days between friendlies when you have arranged them by checking the calendar. So far everyone who has uploaded a save for me to check made this mistake.

Do not rest before/after a game while in preseason.

Training multiple tactics will make it take longer

Signing new players also makes it take longer to learn

I'm closing this thread because there are many others discussing this exact subject on the first page of this forum alone.

Still don't get the above?

Don't know how to set a coach to take control and/or how to set match and general training to 50/50?

I understand it's me being a numpty, but there you go :(

Well... I'm not so sure stamina about stamina and work rate.

If SI are after this illusive Pirlo-esque, quarterback role, then the whole point is that he is reneged of his defensive duties and the need to work so he is free to drift around the deep to middle section of the pitch and play-make, while the rest Vidal, Marchisio, Pogba et al... do all the leg work, the running, pressing, and tackling (I find it odd that this is an essential part of the regista role), while he uses that razor sharp footballing mind and his ability to play the 40 yard killer pass that will require great vision (creativity), anticipation and the I do agree the flair to even think about attempting it in the first place.

Whats the ideal for Individual player training? Should I be focusing younger players on certain attributes rather than roles and the older ones on their role in the team?

Thanks in advance

It's all down to personal preference.

If he has a particularly weak Key Attribute for a Role, you might want to focus on just that to bring it up in line with his other Key Attributes for that Role.

Then again, you might just want to train him solely on the overall Role to give a more general spread.

There is no right or wrong answer.

What exactly distinguishes a False Nine from a Trequarista or Deep-Lying Forward? I assume he presses more than a TQ, but is there anything else? Does he make less forward runs than a DLF?

Furthermore, I can instruct a False Nine to either Hold Position or Roam From Position - does the role not utilise one of these instructions by default? Or is there now some half-way point between the two?

I'm very confused right now.

OK, this has been bugging me for a few days now and this seems like the easiest place to ask it without causing a huge furore:

Is collision detection between players still in the game? I'm sure this was added last year but I've lost count of the number of times the opposition winger has literally run through my full back. Or was that part of the uber-nerfing that FBs got in the beta? Or am I just seeing it because I've got the graphics levels turned down low? :confused:

OK, this has been bugging me for a few days now and this seems like the easiest place to ask it without causing a huge furore:

Is collision detection between players still in the game? I'm sure this was added last year but I've lost count of the number of times the opposition winger has literally run through my full back. Or was that part of the uber-nerfing that FBs got in the beta? Or am I just seeing it because I've got the graphics levels turned down low? :confused:

Happens on highest settings too. Think it's part of the FB-hate.

Its still in the game yes. Please post anything that you think might be an issue in the bugs forum. I can't stress how important it is that people report anything they deem 'strange' in the bugs forum so SI can take a look at it.

Make sure you have a coach set to take control of tactics in the training catergory.

Set training to 50% match and 50% general training.

Make sure the match training is set to tactics.

You need 12 games to make it all fluid.

Make sure you have training days between friendlies when you have arranged them by checking the calendar. So far everyone who has uploaded a save for me to check made this mistake.

Do not rest before/after a game while in preseason.

Training multiple tactics will make it take longer

Signing new players also makes it take longer to learn

I'm closing this thread because there are many others discussing this exact subject on the first page of this forum alone.

Don't know how to set a coach to take control and/or how to set match and general training to 50/50?

Anyone have screenshots that will make this obvious to the idiotic?

Anyone have screenshots that will make this obvious to the idiotic?

On the training screen where it shows you general, match training etc. The slider in the middle at the top set it all the way to the left.

A tactics coach is someone who is taking control of the tactics catergory. Training screen > coaches

trying to use coutinho as an EG but he keeps going forward in the box trying to head the ball in?????? Can somoen point me the right direction on how to use enganche like how to set it up does it need 1 or 2 strikers upfront??? or a wide midfileder on each side?? i am not sure how to use coutinho at all T/T

trying to use coutinho as an EG but he keeps going forward in the box trying to head the ball in?????? Can somoen point me the right direction on how to use enganche like how to set it up does it need 1 or 2 strikers upfront??? or a wide midfileder on each side?? i am not sure how to use coutinho at all T/T

What PPM's does he have?

Central defenders pairing. In a 4 man defense, what do you prefer, two central defenders on defend, or a combo op a stopper and cover? In my 4-4-2 I'm lately using the first option, but I'm considering to try the latter, with the stopper on left side, where is full back / attack and the right central defender on cover next to full back / defend.

Any thoughts or comments? How do you do set up your central defenders pairing?

On the training screen where it shows you general, match training etc. The slider in the middle at the top set it all the way to the left.

A tactics coach is someone who is taking control of the tactics catergory. Training screen > coaches

One last thing, in "General Training" what do i set as the "Main Focus" and "intensity level" too?

Thanks

One last thing, in "General Training" what do i set as the "Main Focus" and "intensity level" too?

Thanks

I explained this in the other thread you said you read :D

I go Fitness for 7 days then team cohesion but it depends on what you need, you don't always need team cohesion if you've not signed any players etc.

Does anyone have a description of a Defensive Winger - Defend and a Defensive Forward - Defend? These two don't offer any highlighted descriptions when I stick my cursor over them. Thanks.

Hmm, when you hover over the Role a text box appears, but nothing when you hover over Duty.

Would you be so kind as to log a Bug? If not, I'll do it.

Yeah sorry I meant for the duty! I did question whether it was a bug or not, I'm not sure if it happens with any other duties but I know I've had issues with those two. Is this also an issue with the light skin (I use the official dark skin)?

I can log it as a bug tomorrow some time as I am off out very soon.

Yeah sorry I meant for the duty! I did question whether it was a bug or not, I'm not sure if it happens with any other duties but I know I've had issues with those two. Is this also an issue with the light skin (I use the official dark skin)?

I can log it as a bug tomorrow some time as I am off out very soon.

Yes, irrespective of skin it is an User Interface Bug.

If you remember to log it tomorrow, that would be great :thup:

This is a silly question, but one that I can't quite get my head around.

Does the way I play between defensive and attacking change the defensive line of the players, or just the way they approach the game? So if I am playing counter away, and attack at home, will my counter side sit with a deeper defensive line?

This is a silly question, but one that I can't quite get my head around.

Does the way I play between defensive and attacking change the defensive line of the players, or just the way they approach the game? So if I am playing counter away, and attack at home, will my counter side sit with a deeper defensive line?

Yes the d-line is set according to the strategy then you can modify this with the use of shouts if needed.

1. What does a half back do if:

- used with a 3 man defence

- not positioned in the DM© but (L/RC) spot

- combination of the above

- there are two half backs?

2. Does the false nine act in a way that cannot be replicated by other roles, like it is hard coded somehow?

I notice that Team Cohesion is one of the training options but where can I see the level that the team has already?

I'd love an easier answer to this, but here's the place I go to look for it. I don't have FM running just now, so this might be slightly out, hopefully it's close enough you can find it.

Go to your staff, click on assistant manager, then reports, and team talk feedback and there should be a team cohesion sentence in the first box on the screen.

Where do you select man vs zonal marking nowadays?

Zonal is default now. For specific man marking you do it on the pre match screens via the individual player shouts. It'll say 'Specific man marking' or something similar and only appears once the match line ups have been submitted etc.

Zonal is default now. For specific man marking you do it on the pre match screens via the individual player shouts. It'll say 'Specific man marking' or something similar and only appears once the match line ups have been submitted etc.

Thanks, seems a bit annoying.

Is there something obvious I'm doing wrong here? I'll try and explain what I want from the tactic. I want one midfielder to be a destroyer that can also feed the ball up top when the opportunity presents, but usually find a safer ball. The other midfielder a more expansive playmaker. I want the left AML to be a inside forward of sorts but offer some unpredictability to be able to go down the line and swing in crosses. With Insigne being good with either foot I feel he should be able to do this. The AMR and more direct inside forward. The AMC should be a classic play making 10 (Ozil, Gotze, Isco) and the striker to lead the line like Lewandowski does in real like. A prolific goalscorer who can also contribute immensely to the build up. It is rather ambitious to get them all playing like this but this is my ultimate goal.

9sh6.png

I have a real struggle getting the ball to Lewandowski and it is not uncommon for him to finish a full 90 minutes with under 20 passes. There is also not a lot of key passes and with Ozil I'd expect more than 1 every 2 games or so.

I have AMR - sit narrower and roam, AMC - roam, ST - move into channels

Any advice?

When wingers get to the byline and close to goal, they always shoot rather than go for a ball across the face of goal - why?

Could be a number of things.

What is his Duty? Attacking wingers will tend to take a shot.

Any PPMs or Player Instructions which influence his play?

Are there clear crossing options in space in the box?

I'm having real problems with conceding from set pieces particularly free kicks getting punted into the box. Anyone got a good setup of how to be better defensive on set pieces / stop conceding so many?

Also I've tried match prep Def. Set pieces but conceding from three free kicks that game. :(

I'm having real problems with conceding from set pieces particularly free kicks getting punted into the box. Anyone got a good setup of how to be better defensive on set pieces / stop conceding so many?

Also I've tried match prep Def. Set pieces but conceding from three free kicks that game. :(

This could be your players rather than your tactics: do your opponents have more players that are good set piece targets (i.e. high strength/jumping/heading/anticipation etc) than you do? If so, it doesn't really matter what instructions you set, they're still going to have someone available for the set piece taker to aim at. I like to have 4 good set piece target players in my team: 2 DCs, 1 up front (I usually play a TM), and either one in midfield, or a 3rd DC depending on whether I'm playing 3 at the back or 4. For the DCs and TM, the attributes that make them good for the role tend to make them good set piece targets automatically; for the midfielder, you need to consider the additional attributes separately when deciding on your line up.

In my current save, with default defending and attacking set piece instructions, I've conceded 5 from corners and IFKs combined in 33 league matches, and scored 16. Admittedly, I'm playing as Rangers, so have a much better team than everyone else in the division, meaning that some or all of that difference is almost certainly due to having more corners/IFKs than my opponents.