Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

typical American Yanks think they now best when they dont know nothing about football and the british game, they should of bought an american football team if they was that into football... surly there must be 1 rish English consortium that wants to buy a top football club in England..

typical American Yanks think they now best when they dont know nothing about football and the british game' date=' they should of bought an american football team if they was that into football... surly there must be 1 rish English consortium that wants to buy a top football club in England..[/quote']

reading your posts I have no doubt tom werner has more knowledge about this game after 18 months of ownership than you've managed to acquire in your sad, monging life.

I'm not being impatient, it just seems to be very public and messy. I've never seen anything like it tbh.

What exactly has been made public by FSG?

Wolves this season?

Most things that have been public here are Whelan not being able to keep his mouth shut or "ITK's" tweeting stuff, nothing FSG can do about that surely?

so now FSG want to speak to Rodgers again' date=' Dont really think they know what they want!! the way they are carrying on they risk losing both Rodgers and Martinez unless they have a plan to apoint both of them.

Personaly i think the way they are doing things is a bit of a disgrace, of course all will be forgiven if it comes off.. they had months to deside who they wanted and they should of approched 1 man, not invite half the world on a short list. Seems very disrespectfull to other clubs.[/quote']

FSG haven't actually said anything about the process. Dave Whelan is apparently acting as the new PR guy for Liverpool for some reason though :)

Rampant Xenophobia aside, what exactly have people got against FSG? No statements have been made, all the talk has come from investigative reporting and Dave Whelan. It's not like FSG can keep the fact that Liverpool are on the look-out for a new boss a secret, people are gonna talk and make assumptions. Since Kenny left there's been no talk from LFC, bar the setting of a deadline of a couple of weeks, presumably before the Euros start.

So many LFC fans making clowns of themselves, it's really starting to get embarassing now. But then it doesn't really matter what I think, being an OOT of course.

It really is funny seeing people having a go at FSG for making this so 'public', yet they haven't said a word on any candidates and no-one has the foggiest idea who the new manager will be from day to day. It looks like it's Rodgers now, but yesterday it was Martinez and the day before that it was AVB. They're saying nothing until there's something to say and that's perfect.

Liverpool live in a fishbowl and that's what's making it seem all so 'public'. Nothing the club can do about that. This is the first time in all of our lifetimes we've had a managerial search, and twitter. When the search that led to Rafa getting the job took place there was nothing like the internet hysteria now. With Dalglish it was out of the blue, and even with Hodgson there was no level of speculation as everyone knew it would be him.

So I don't see what they've done wrong.

As a side note, i'd be surprised if Rodgers initial refusal to interview and join a 'job race' didn't impress FSG. Thought at the time it showed a bit of steel and character from him. Overall I think i'd be delighted with him at the club.

I was settling on Martinez before these rumours that we wanted to talk to Rodgers again came up. Personally I think Martinez seems the more likeable guy of the two, though Rodgers does seem slightly further along in his managerial development.

I wouldn't be too unhappy with Rodgers. He tries to get his teams playing football the right way, and if he can translate what he has done at Swansea to us with better players to work with then it could be rosy.

Who said I had anything against FSG? Or Americans? Some people seem to be confusing my post with some sort of anti American, xenophobic rant, which is a complete over reaction and a ridiculous conclusion to draw from very little.

I said LFC has become a circus, and it has. As for who's created this circus, nobody really knows.

Hysterical? I'd say the posts after were hysterical and hyper sensetive. You do understand what hysterical means, right?

And don't lump my post in with some idiotic, xenephobic rant. How the **** do our posts relate in any way, shape, or ****ing form? Please explain.

**** me, you like to call out 'embarrassing' or 'hysterical' posts because you're just jumping on some silly little bandwagon when the truth of the matter is, if you'd actually read my posts, and had half a brain cell, you'd be able to think for yourself and draw your own conclusions which would not be that I was being 'hysterical, or embarrassing, I was just stating facts and that I was getting annoyed with the way things are being handled. I fail to see where I mentioned anything about America, or FSG, or got hysterical.

Apparently Rogers has done some coaching under Van Gaal in the past (as well as other high profile managers), and also under Mourinho. Seems to have served his coaching time under some of the best.

Basically Van Gaal and Rogers seems the more likely outcome, given the reluctance of Martinez to work under a sporting director

what is more a circus is the way fans have reacted to a process that the club has set. i am interested to know what you think fsg should have done differently dking?

i saw just the other day a headline stating that west brom were also doing an interview process. but because it is not the same high profile club as liverpool, there is no mass rush to try and break the latest news whether it be true or not.

what is more a circus is the way fans have reacted to a process that the club has set. i am interested to know what you think fsg should have done differently dking?

i saw just the other day a headline stating that west brom were also doing an interview process. but because it is not the same high profile club as liverpool, there is no mass rush to try and break the latest news whether it be true or not.

I agree that this anti American/FSG stuff is ridiculous and I'm certainly not in that bracket as only time will tell how well they do.

I have no feelings about the process, one way or another, as long as they get the right man for the job, but I am bothered about how public everything has got.

Maybe FSG could have told people like Whelan to shut up and start showing a bit of respect to Martinez and both clubs? Who knows, maybe they did and he didn't listen, or maybe they felt it wasn't their problem. I just don't know tbh, but I do know it's turned into a media circus and that's not something that is usually associated with our club, though, I think benkeat summed it up quite well with his post (12869 2nd paragraph) and I hadn't really taken that into consideration.

Apparently Rogers has done some coaching under Van Gaal in the past (as well as other high profile managers), and also under Mourinho. Seems to have served his coaching time under some of the best.

Basically Van Gaal and Rogers seems the more likely outcome, given the reluctance of Martinez to work under a sporting director

If he is going to manage us, learn to spell his name right ffs. Rodgers.

Hysterical? I'd say the posts after were hysterical and hyper sensetive. You do understand what hysterical means, right?

And don't lump my post in with some idiotic, xenephobic rant. How the **** do our posts relate in any way, shape, or ****ing form? Please explain.

**** me, you like to call out 'embarrassing' or 'hysterical' posts because you're just jumping on some silly little bandwagon when the truth of the matter is, if you'd actually read my posts, and had half a brain cell, you'd be able to think for yourself and draw your own conclusions which would not be that I was being 'hysterical, or embarrassing, I was just stating facts and that I was getting annoyed with the way things are being handled. I fail to see where I mentioned anything about America, or FSG, or got hysterical.

Getting slightly hysterical here ;)

Starting to lose interest in it now, just hope whoever gets the position is logical, sees where we need to improve and has us trying to play decent football again.

If he is going to manage us, learn to spell his name right ffs. Rodgers.

Was it bell that constantly called Adam, Adams at the start too?

Also, I've seen a few places saying Rodgers was very poor at Reading because he tried his Swansea formation which didn't work but wouldn't change it and SCIAG said in the transfers thread he wouldn't work with the DoF there. Imagine he'll have learnt a lesson since then though.

As someone has said above, Swansea play great football and it will be nice to see us do the same under him. Can we expect to see one or two Swansea players make the move too? I have been impressed with Sinclair, Dyer and Allen this season but not sure if they are good enough to step up a level. Sinclair would be my favourite of the 3 personally.

I don't think Sinclair or Dyer are good enough really. Allen's decent, but I don't think he's that much of a step up on Spearing in all honesty. The only Swansea players I'd like are Vorm and Gylfi.

Also think Swansea are a pretty boring side. They may play pretty football, but for the most part they do absolutely nothing with it. We don't have the players who could play such a system right now either. Going to need a lot of signings to make it work, or be prepared for a lot of 0-0's.

I think Sinclair has the ability to up his game with better players around him. Time will tell I suppose. I am also a big fan of Joe Allen.

Yeah Sinclair is class, scores majority of his goals with penalties but very pacey and pops up in the right places.

I don't think Sinclair or Dyer are good enough really. Allen's decent, but I don't think he's that much of a step up on Spearing in all honesty. The only Swansea players I'd like are Vorm and Gylfi.

No, Allen is better than Spearing, he is absolute class, and I despise Swansea :D

Would be brilliant if he brough Sigurdsson with him too. I think Downing and Henderson will be much better under his style too which is a plus, Henderson more so than Downing though.

Archived