The npower championship thread 2011/12

Powlay

Kev McNaughton followed by Paul Quinn are Cardiff's cult hero's.

KENNY MILLER signing for Cardiff apparently, wasn't expecting us to win the battle.

Goodwillie porbably will sign after his court case Thursday.

And FILIP KISS is to sign for Cardiff on a season long loan from Slovakian side Slovan Bratislava!

Miller's only been at Bursaspor for a few months? Why would he turn down Europa League football and regular starts for one of the top clubs in a rising league to play for Cardiff?

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suppose that's fair then. I'm sure he'd rather go to Rangers though and they haven't given up iirc, they're just being stubborn with their bidding. Bursaspor don't seem to want to lose him though so he might have to stay, that or try to buy out his contract.

Suppose that's fair then. I'm sure he'd rather go to Rangers though and they haven't given up iirc, they're just being stubborn with their bidding. Bursaspor don't seem to want to lose him though so he might have to stay, that or try to buy out his contract.

Bursapor want to get rid of him for the right price which is what we payed, first team football guaranteed here as well I guess, maybe not at Rangers, last chance in England as well. Medical should be done tomorrow, was probably in Cardiff today watching the game.

Miller would suit Malky's philosophy Perfectly.

Just been told by an old Uni mate in Nottingham that Stuart Parnaby could be the next ex-Boro player to join Forest.

Seeing as Gunter is a pretty decent RB, can only see this being for versatility or cover or its utter balls.

Just seems a bit of a **** rumour for someone to start :D

nah, we wont be after a right back, we have gunter and a decent back up in moloney, as well as Chambers being able to play there, right back is one of the positions we are pretty strong in. I would imagine people will be linking us with loads of any old McClaren players now hes signed a couple of them though :D

assuming of course that right back is his only position :D he cant play left back can he?

Can play anywhere along the back reasonably well and played a few games DM too. Just played predominantly as a DR.

Not a bad player to have for versatility but also just a completely average footballer.

ffs, i liked the 7 subs rule, how does it reduce squads if theres no pressure to use all 7 subs and virtually all teams will have more than 18 players anyway, should keep it at 7 but make it a rule that 2 of them have to be academy products or something

Yeh prefer the 7 myself, although the extra 2 slots dont always get used for it it does give youngsters the experience of matchday and possibly getting a few minutes they wouldnt usually. As Brez said dont see why they wont keep it and some teams name just 5 or so as there under no obligation to fill bench up. Dont agree with the argument of saving a bit of extra money as I cant see hardly any teams selling a ciple more players now this has come into effect.

All it's going to do is reintroduce the value of teams having a clogging, jack of all trades type footballer, which what I thought we were trying to spend millions on developing technical youngsters to eradicate? Seems like a big step backwards to me.

Of course, I am completely biased, as this is awful news for teams like ourselves with strength in depth. Ridiculous that it's been done at such short notice to the start of the season as well.

According to SSN Forest and Pompey are after Dean Leacock

yeah i was just thinking we dont have enough ex derby players

laughing at the potential tyson/leacock role reversal on the whole flag waving business

have you? i only saw a small article in the daily star saying wed rejected a bid from you? doubt hes going anywhere, but he would help with Cardiffs relegation fight this season i guess.

Hi Gav :)

I actually made the OP for this thread a couple of minutes before the site shut down. Was gutted.

In my boredom, I wrote a chant for Mackay when he joined and got five minutes of pseudo-fame when someone made a fb group for it. Made an obama-style image for him too. :D

With Earnie, Miller, Goodwillie, Mason, Parkin, kids like Jarvis, we're now being linked with Derbyshire. That's too many strikers. It's not like Derbyshire will up us a level. That's without even talking about Bellamy coming back.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q277/letsflipthisplaceup/Picture9-1.png

Get rid of Parkin NOW.

Earnie

Mason(Young, don't want him starting)

Miller

Jarvis(Can't be in the first team)

Bellamy

I'd like to add another 1, maybe 2 strikers to that list definately, Chambers would be class, cmon the Malky Magic, 2 electric wingers and maybe another to buff up the midfield.

what happened has bates pulled out a load od wage money? cos yours is about double our wage budget...

you'd be surprised mate, i've got it on good authority that our wage cap is 10k per week and only 2 or 3 players are on that

johnson left because he was on 6k per week and wanted 8k per week and we wouldn't offer it, he's now at norwich on god knows what

take into account that we already pay the highest ticket prices and have the highest gates, you've gotta ask as a leeds fan where is the money going? museums hotels etc?

you will see a bit of change at leeds this season with bates honeymoon period coming to an end, people are seriously getting fed up of the crook

Archived