I'm a great football manager because.....

...because in 20 years as Arsenal manager I've won 78 trophies, including 20 league titles on the trot and 9 CL titles, with a net transfer spend of £7.7m per season. Arsene would be proud of my frugality!

And along the way I managed to squeeze in the time to win a World Cup and Copa America with Brazil.

... In FM10 I managed to sell Emile Heskey to Real Madrid for around £8 million! :cool:

That tops all my achievements!

Because I climbed to 4° place into Premier within 6 years starting with Southampton without cheating. I also won a English League cup and a FA one.

Despiting these results I feel my best moments were when in the past we were used to loose maybe 7-8 consecutive matches and the situation was definitely not good.

Maybe that's the human mind behaviour, like Matrix the movie, if everything is syntethic that's not funny.

I wonder why many of you start with teams like Manchester Utd or similar.... where is fun having the game already done ? I prefer building my FM career trough a " real path " made of defeats, sufferances , wins and young boys, sometimes crappy ones sometimes good ones. Also mistakes played an important role in my quite good nowdays position, just like in real life :)

Because I rule my club with an iron fist.

Just ask Balotelli, in my save he has been in the U18's for 3 seasons on a no training session since defying me. So when his contract expires in another 2 years he will be over weight out of shape, spent and not one high profile club will touch him I'd imagine, Career ruined - job done!

Bosman would be screaming in his grave.

I'm a great football manager because I don't use any of the gamey cheats, don't save and reload, create my own tactics, make my own rules and follow them, achieve success wherever i go but still manage to end up disappointed.

I'm a great football manager because I was successful on FM09 before any patches and continued to be successful through all the released patches, taking Swindon Town from League One mediocrity and making them into the world's greatest ever team! In 18 seasons we won the PL 12 times (last eleven in a row) the Champs League 13 times consecutively, the World Club Championship 13 times consecutively, the League Cup 9 times consecutively and 11 times in total, and 5 or 6 FA Cups - I forget...

oh, and I used my own tactics that I created and blended to my team over several seasons, tweaking something every year...

Yes, I AM a God, you may worship at my feet (unless you're a Leeds fan).

Archived