Official FM 2011.1.1 "Hot Fix" Feedback Thread

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
When I try to install the hotfix patch, I am getting the following error message: "A sharing violation occurred whilst accessing C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\skins.fmf."

Can anyone help?

You're trying to install the patch with the game running, can you close the game and try again, thanks :)

• SI Staff
I know when begining the game on 11.1.1 it says 11.1 because there is no DB update in hot fix, but in game under game status it says 11.1.0 15796 MEv906.

So, did I patched up correctly? :S

It doesn't sound like it, your game status should say 11.1.1 what version of the game and patch are you running?

It doesn't sound like it, your game status should say 11.1.1 what version of the game and patch are you running?

PC boxed English one. When I installed the game I installed the patch and today i installed the hotfix. Began my game and chose 11.1 instead of Default.

• SI Staff
PC boxed English one. When I installed the game I installed the patch and today i installed the hotfix. Began my game and chose 11.1 instead of Default.

There will only be the 11.1 database available at the start so that is fine. You weren't running the game when you installed the patch or anything? How big is the patch itself? Is everything installed to the default location?

• Administrators
yes it says "allways keep this game up to date" but still nothing...in game it says version 11.1.0

Perhaps a bit simple, but have you tried logging out of Steam and back in and see if this detects the update?

There will only be the 11.1 database available at the start so that is fine. You weren't running the game when you installed the patch or anything? How big is the patch itself? Is everything installed to the default location?

That's the thing. I didn't installed in the proper location. :(

Will do it properly now. Thanks Ant. Cheers. :thup:

Long time FM player here but will not touch another release in future untill after Dec patch. Appreciate the hotfix but why can't they address or at least officially recognise the transfer issue?Really disappointed.

they have officially recognised it, and are working to do what they can about it, lot's of SI people have stated this on these forums. Any transfer changes will be save compatible, as neil brock has said. So it seems to me as though we won't be waiting till march for this change. Maybe x-mas though

Incidentally, i've gone into my editor, and looked at the french players. What should it say next to the bans. for instance, it says that anelka is banned for 19 matches, but there is no specified competition for it, just blank. Do i just leave this as it is and it will be alright in the actual 11.1.1 patch, which i think has automatically downloaded from steam.

• SI Staff
Well yes, now it says it on top of the screen, "Football manager 2011 version 11.1.1", but in preferences it says version 1.0 and in new game it says version 11.1.0. so I guess its patched now?

What does it say in your game status screen?

It fixes the main issues. Hope there's some improvements to the ME in 11.2 though........such as if I have my players set to tackle hard, hassle opponents, get stuck in etc, I don't expect an opposition player to just wander through as though the guy isn't there, literally, and make no attempt to tackle. They should be tackling. Also players shouldn't be standing round waiting for the ball to come to them, and then losing it because they've waited 10 years for it to reach them. They should also be able to tackle, rather than basically watching as a guy walks past them. Too often they don't tackle (for me anyway) regardless of my settings. Also, I'd scrap the 'throw-in left/right' stuff and replace with 'throw-in attacing/defending' as there is for corners etc, because on left/right, well you can't exactly choose what you want players to do in certain situations. Eg an attacking throw-in, I want to be able to tell my centre backs to go forward, but to stay back for a defensive throw-in, for more players to come back for defensive throw-ins, more to go forward for attacking throw-ins, get my guys to actually be able to stand somewhere near an oppo player who's going to get the ball, as 9/10 there's players with nobody around them, so they get the ball easily, which isn't remotely realistic. There ought to be an actual battle to win some throw-ins, not players with 10 yards of space.

Does it address the ridiculous amount of long shots per game/the number of long shots scored in a game?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/237501-Patch-11.1.1-Now-Available!-Aka-Hotfix

here I cant see anywhere that long shots have been fixed!

This is ridiculous - you set long shots to rarely for you CM's and they keep shooting from downtown!!!

Maybe we need an individual instruction like NO LONG SHOTS AT ALL!

Seriously SI when is this going to be fixed???

1 other thing while I think about it. As far as 'key' highlights go, sort it so it doesn't show a cross being blocked, a corner being taken because of that, the keeper catching it, and then fading out and moving onto the next highlight. Also as soon as the ball is out of danger on 'key' highlights, or out of danger and nothing worthwhile is going to be shown in the next 15 seconds, or it's gone out for a throw-in that's going to come to nothing, make it fade and move onto the next highlight, rather than showing 4 minutes of 'key' highlights, when the only remotely 'key' things in that time can be a good shot saved, a corner, and a free-kick.

just made a new thread for this, but then found this one......

when making a custom view, selecting insert column Man of the Match brings up the player fitness (under MOM heading) rather than MOM.

Consequently there is no option for player fitness in the pop up menu.

Also.... the game seems to be running faster for me now - between screens (just my imagination???)

and, i'm running with byteshield , never had a problem before today's new patch. After patching the game has crashed twice on startup (it has also loaded twice) and everytime byteshield installs a 225kb update????

Have the Widgets on the match engine really been fixed? I just played an away game and they were set up how i like then I play a home game and they are all over the screen randomly, worse than before! Is it just me getting this?

Anyone else having issues with International management?

Post 2011.1.1 fix application I was offered he Peru job, so I thought "what the hell" :)

First game, at home against Paraguay, 1-0 up at half-time and the Play button is greyed out so I cannot start the 2nd half......

It wouldnt update for me either, I had to uninstall then re install to get it. Simply delete local content then re install game.

The easy way on steam will be right click "Properties" => go to "Local Files" Tab => click "Verify Integrity of Game Cache". It will update the patch again, this is what I did for my steam version.

Where have the agents gone?

There are only 'fake' regened faced agents now.

And they still ask for ludicrous wages/fees.

Also, set pieces still always reset during the match.

All agents I've encounted on the game have always had regen faces and been 'fake'

The easy way on steam will be right click "Properties" => go to "Local Files" Tab => click "Verify Integrity of Game Cache". It will update the patch again, this is what I did for my steam version.

Cheers for that. Worth knowing in future. :)

• Administrators
Just had a crash dump.

Scouted a player and was told to ask the board to buy him. Clicked the interact button and it crashed. Think it's maybe to do with the fact that I'd used up my 'allocation' of asking, so there was no possinble response from the AI.

Is this with the 11.1.1 patch Hershie? Do you have a save game? Let me know, thanks.

Is this with the 11.1.1 patch Hershie? Do you have a save game? Let me know, thanks.

It is. I didn't think to save - it was on autosave and I just continued from the previous save, but it'll have been overwritten by now. :(

Fairly easy to recreate I suppose though?

First three league games in Wales:

Game 1: Two injured players. both in the last 20 minutes of the game -- three injured total in the game.

Picture3-4.png

Game 2: Two injured players, one in the last 20 minutes of the game.

Picture4-3.png

Game 3: One injured payer and one sent out--both in the last 20 minutes of the game -- two injured, two sent off total in the game.

Picture5-2.png

Game 5 - Two injured in the last 20 minutes of the game.

Picture1-3.png

The grand total so far in five games is: 1 sent off, six players injured when I have made all my substitutions. In five games, I have finished a game with nine players in three separate occasions. Damn.

Total of injured and sent off for both teams in five games: nine injuries, two red cards. Nice.

Archived