Official FM 2011.1.1 "Hot Fix" Feedback Thread

Game still ****ed, not sure why I bother to buy it year in year out..... I await the last patch at some point next year before I can play it.... and that's the optimistic outlook...

It's about times SI had some decent competition so as they up their game, otherwise, they are just happy to take our money for a substandard product which they will just stick stupid "features" to.

Next that muppet Miles will be telling us Messi demanding to leave within to weeks, and being offered for £30m is a "feature"..... sure it is..... sure.... and I am Ghandi....

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'V GOT A RUSSIAN VERSION, BOT I WANTED ENGLISH INTERFACE. SO I copyed "Eglish.itc" SHORTCUT FROM DEMO VERSION AND PASTED IT IN FULL VERSION LANGUAGES FOLDER.... IT WORKED, SO I PLAYED ONE SEASON.

NOW I INSTALLED 11.1.1 PATCH FOR RUSSIAN VERSIONS, I'M HAPPY THERE IS DARK SKIN BUT IT TURNED BACK TO RUSSIAN AND WHEN I DID THE SAME (copy pasting english.itc) IT DOESN'T WORK :(((((

CAN YOU RECOMMEND WHAT SHOULD I DO????

I LIKE 2011 VERY MUCH BUT THIS RUSSIAN VERSION SUCKS....

SI don't support changing the default languages. Why do you have the Russian version if you can't speak Russian?

Game still ****ed, not sure why I bother to buy it year in year out..... I await the last patch at some point next year before I can play it.... and that's the optimistic outlook...

It's about times SI had some decent competition so as they up their game, otherwise, they are just happy to take our money for a substandard product which they will just stick stupid "features" to.

Next that muppet Miles will be telling us Messi demanding to leave within to weeks, and being offered for £30m is a "feature"..... sure it is..... sure.... and I am Ghandi....

Mate your the one who sounds like a muppet, this is a game if you want a real manager feeling , go out there get your coaching badges and tell me what you think. As someone who as managed some semi-pro teams I know what it is like and to be fair this game is not far off. Yes the game has faults and bugs but this is just a game so put your dummy back in and get on with it like the rest of us!

Mate your the one who sounds like a muppet, this is a game if you want a real manager feeling , go out there get your coaching badges and tell me what you think. As someone who as managed some semi-pro teams I know what it is like and to be fair this game is not far off. Yes the game has faults and bugs but this is just a game so put your dummy back in and get on with it like the rest of us!

Oh great, fanboi!!!!!! brigade....

Mate, the game is fundamentally flawed... too many big name players looking to walk out on their clubs for little reason. Player interactions ****ed. Morale ****ed.

Take a minute to jump off SI's dicks yeah?

Yes, it's a game. If I spend moeny on it, I expect it to at least work to a decent level.

I've just posted in the relevant forum, but since the hotfix I have had 2 crashes in the 2 attempts to load the game. I started FM 2011, left it on the load screen and the game crashed without even attempting to load a save. I've never had any FM crash on me before so I can't say I am too happy with the hotfix as it's crippled my game.

Oh great, fanboi!!!!!! brigade....

Mate, the game is fundamentally flawed... too many big name players looking to walk out on their clubs for little reason. Player interactions ****ed. Morale ****ed.

Take a minute to jump off SI's dicks yeah?

Yes, it's a game. If I spend moeny on it, I expect it to at least work to a decent level.

Everyone is entitled to their say, but you're becoming way too aggressive. Cut it out.

It's been said loads of times on here, yes the patch is saved game compatible.

thanks

I have download patch and installed. However when I open game and for example click "new game" just to check if new patch install it still say "database update 11.1.0" and version number is still "11.1.0."

I thought it should change to 11.1.1????? Please help I have installed many patch in my time and they all work but this one seem to not

SI don't support changing the default languages. Why do you have the Russian version if you can't speak Russian?

I'm in Georgia and I got FM Russian version wrongly.. I can speak Russian but I prefer English, I always played English versions so I'm accustomed.

I know that "SI don't support changing the default languages" but is there any possibility to solve my problem???/

thanks

I have download patch and installed. However when I open game and for example click "new game" just to check if new patch install it still say "database update 11.1.0" and version number is still "11.1.0."

I thought it should change to 11.1.1????? Please help I have installed many patch in my time and they all work but this one seem to not

There isn't a new database, go into 'game status' in preferences and it will show 11.1.1 there

IMO it's the usual attention-seeking behaviour by some in their attempt to be heard above the rabble; Throwing words like unplayable and broken around, rather than reporting bugs they might have encountered in the relevant thread, and to top it off complaining it hasn't been fixed. Go figure.

Case. In. Point.

I see the problem with the tactics screen view reverting to player instructions instead of the tactics view has been fixed, good work guys. Still reverts to player instructions when making a sub during game though, can this be looked at again ?

I noticed this one too....not too bad though just means an extra click,

Seems ok apart from that Thanks SI!

Not expecting an official response here for obvious reasons, but how do you get the German players back after installing this? Ever since this got uploaded they have greyed out again. I've done everything that needs to be done in terms of deleting certain files from certain folders, but the players are still greyed out. Anyone got an explainations?

Not expecting an official response here for obvious reasons, but how do you get the German players back after installing this? Ever since this got uploaded they have greyed out again. I've done everything that needs to be done in terms of deleting certain files from certain folders, but the players are still greyed out. Anyone got an explainations?

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this, but for that fix to work it has to be a new game.

if you look at his/her nickname, style of writing (English), use of emoticons, etc - I reckon s/he's Russian, and just think your translation is horrible or that it looks awkward, and s/he wants an English interface. just like I can't *stand* playing the game in Norwegian.

Not true. Just wait for the next international selection.

It still didnt fix it. I was watching the 2014 world cup England vs Germany and Germany still had fake players. The selection for the World Cup was long before this steam update happened on my game. Im going to re-check everything and see i've done everything right

Is that true of all versions? I nabbed the Norwegian language files from the demo so I could throw them in to the full game later in the year. Trying to learn the language, and figured that playing a bit of FM in Norwegian might go some way towards helping. Steam version if that makes a difference. (or I could just try it I guess? :-p )

I thought the issue of tactical set piece instructions not saving and going back to defaults, had been resolved as was listed as being fixed via the latest patch/hotfix.

Unfortunately this has not been fixed and is still occuring

I think there is a problem with some decent players who easily become free agents and then cannot find a club to play for. In my game (year 2012) Manuel Neuer, Chris Kirkland, Robert Green, Gabriel Heinze, Miro Klose, Nicolas Anelka and many others have been unemployed for months, even though their skills are still fine.

Another strange thing is that big clubs buy mediocre players for big money (Al-Qahtani, Baros, Plasil have been bought for ~10 mln Euros each).

well what an un sucessfull download for me

stea,m has not updated for me for some reason , despite checking every possible reason , in propertie the game still wont up date ..keeps saying its fully updated

its my clan night tonight and it wont let me join !!!!

i tried to download the normal file and now when i load up the game it says i need to insert disk !!!!!

Is that true of all versions? I nabbed the Norwegian language files from the demo so I could throw them in to the full game later in the year. Trying to learn the language, and figured that playing a bit of FM in Norwegian might go some way towards helping. Steam version if that makes a difference. (or I could just try it I guess? :-p )

We don't support it. If you've found a way around it that's on your own back, if it suddenly doesn't work... we still don't support it.

well what an un sucessfull download for me

stea,m has not updated for me for some reason , despite checking every possible reason , in propertie the game still wont up date ..keeps saying its fully updated

its my clan night tonight and it wont let me join !!!!

i tried to download the normal file and now when i load up the game it says i need to insert disk !!!!!

First of all are you sure you didn't download the update? On what are you basing that off did you look in preferences or just looking when you start a new game?

If you've managed to patch as steam version with a regular patch your best route is to follow the full un-install instructions on the FAQ and then re-download from steam or install from the disc.

if you look at his/her nickname, style of writing (English), use of emoticons, etc - I reckon s/he's Russian, and just think your translation is horrible or that it looks awkward, and s/he wants an English interface. just like I can't *stand* playing the game in Norwegian.

But that is not the case here.

Sorry if this has been posted before but I can't install the 11.1.1 patch (boxed pc version), having installed 11.1.0 no probs.

After unzipping (prior to installation) I get the following error message' Winzip Self Extractor - Access is Denied' (tried both running normal and as administrator)

Any help?

thanks for the swift reply

i got the game thru steam and on fridat it did say when i turned on me pc that something was updating ..didnt take much notice

i also got sent a bug on friday via msn so this morning i did a system restore back to thursday ...im guessing that is the cause

steam is just not letting me update , saying im fully updated

yes in preferences it was still 11.1 and not 11.1.1

un installed game and currently re installing it

im guessing its just been bad luck hopefully the re instal will help

Dont know if this is because of the hotfix but now my changes to set pieces keep resetting themselves to the default settings.

Robbie that was happening to me before the hotfix and still is after it, but is listed as being fixed, clearly it hasn't been fixed

Im finding it extremely annoying, im constantly having to check my tactics to see if the set piece's have reset themselves.
I know Robbie, whats as frustrating is this was apparently on the fix list for the latest patch/hotfix, which it clearly hasnt been

I hope you boys have posted this in the bug forum. This seems a weird one because only one or 2 of you seem to be suffering with it.

Strange.. oh well.. I've started a new game with Newcastle so I'm hoping the other game was a one-off :p - kudos to SI anyway :)

If my Newcastle save there have been no problems with too many yellow/red cards so I'm glad!.. and also I'll probably stay clear of relegation!! :D

I hope you boys have posted this in the bug forum. This seems a weird one because only one or 2 of you seem to be suffering with it.

Yeh the tactical instructions being reset to defualt is posted in the bugs forum under user interface, would be nice to get an official response?

Archived