Official FM 2011.1.1 "Hot Fix" Feedback Thread

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
Yes done a total reinstall and its running through steam

I'm flying blind a bit here as I'm a Mac user myself but have you tried "Verifying your local cache" in Steam. To do this right click on FM in your game library and select 'Properties' followed by 'Local files' and then click 'Verify integrity of local cache files'

The new patch is crashing my game...

Patch installed via steam - went to last saved game but whilst the top menu bar remained the rest of the screen was blank white (light skin). Pressed continue and the game crash dumped.

I deleted my cache folder but now when I go to 'load game' I just get a blank box that is unselectable. What do I do now??

I'm on a PC btw

• Administrators
The new patch is crashing my game...

Patch installed via steam - went to last saved game but whilst the top menu bar remained the rest of the screen was blank white (light skin). Pressed continue and the game crash dumped.

I deleted my cache folder but now when I go to 'load game' I just get a blank box that is unselectable. What do I do now??

I'm on a PC btw

Likewise, delete your settings folder - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233554-Football-Manager-2011-FAQ?p=6066654&viewfull=1#post6066654

Let me know how you go, thanks.

I watch matches with commentary only on the overview screen but every time I make a sub the game forgets this and throws me onto the pitch tab with the 3D camera view, meaning I have to sort it out every time I've made a sub or change to tactics. I've had no such trouble with previous versions of FM.

I've changed all the settings but it doesn't remember this when I go in and out of the tactics screen for some reason. Can someone help me sort this out, it really annoys me.

I was having a minor issue during the game. (Version Steam, OS Mac). On key highlights I get nothing, invisible players, when I exit to tactics and return, I get the players back but it has reverted to Full Match, the only way to get consistency is to have Extended Highlights

but then, before I had chance to post this, I restarted FM2011 and Steam and the issue went away :-) Thanks for the patch incidentally

• SI Staff
I was having a minor issue during the game. (Version Steam, OS Mac). On key highlights I get nothing, invisible players, when I exit to tactics and return, I get the players back but it has reverted to Full Match, the only way to get consistency is to have Extended Highlights

but then, before I had chance to post this, I restarted FM2011 and Steam and the issue went away :-) Thanks for the patch incidentally

Thats very odd, would you be able to let me know if this issue reappears. Thanks

• Administrators
I watch matches with commentary only on the overview screen but every time I make a sub the game forgets this and throws me onto the pitch tab with the 3D camera view, meaning I have to sort it out every time I've made a sub or change to tactics. I've had no such trouble with previous versions of FM.

I've changed all the settings but it doesn't remember this when I go in and out of the tactics screen for some reason. Can someone help me sort this out, it really annoys me.

You patched up to 11.1.1? Not sure if this has been fixed for that, but certainly worth giving it a shot, thanks.

• Administrators
I'm still having no luck. I haven't tried a total reinstall - how do I do this via steam and will I be able to keep my saved game??

Yeah you can uninstall Steam and your saves will be fine. They're kept in a folder found in My Documents -> Sports Interactive and they'd not be deleted.

Yeah you can uninstall Steam and your saves will be fine. They're kept in a folder found in My Documents -> Sports Interactive and they'd not be deleted.

Okay, I'm a little confused. Are you recommending I uninstall steam and play it from disk or is there a way to reinstall the game on steam??

I'm patched up to 11.1.1 and that annoying thing still happens when you make a sub and it takes your to a tab you don't want to be in!

Also, my match engine is still very juddery and cumbersome. When I installed the game without steam and without the patches it's completely fine! Any ideas?

• Administrators
I'm patched up to 11.1.1 and that annoying thing still happens when you make a sub and it takes your to a tab you don't want to be in!

Also, my match engine is still very juddery and cumbersome. When I installed the game without steam and without the patches it's completely fine! Any ideas?

Seems odd that'd be the case - are you drivers totally up to date?

You patched up to 11.1.1? Not sure if this has been fixed for that, but certainly worth giving it a shot, thanks.

I have the same problem as Diegs. It's a minor detail, but still quite annoying. And also some time, when a player is injured and needs to be subbed, when the tactic screen shows, the players are scrambled. You know normally you have the starting eleven and then the subs, but my problem is that the players are scrambled, so it's quite confussing.

And i've patched up.

Seems odd that'd be the case - are you drivers totally up to date?

Cheers for the reply Neil,

I've tried going onto Intel's site and downloading every driver that looks correct, unfortunately none of them say their compatible with my current system, which is majorly frustrating! But again, FM10 and the FM11 demo worked fine, so I'm not sure if my drivers would need updating?

Game didn't crash once before 11.1.1, but now I have experienced multiple crashes in a few hours...

Glad the Spanish and French issues are fixed though. Just changed my autosave interval to 1 week since it's crashing way more often now.

I have the same problem as Diegs. It's a minor detail, but still quite annoying. And also some time, when a player is injured and needs to be subbed, when the tactic screen shows, the players are scrambled. You know normally you have the starting eleven and then the subs, but my problem is that the players are scrambled, so it's quite confussing.

And i've patched up.

I also have this same problem, only a small thing but very annoying all the same

Archived