Well the Neverlands deserves to be champion

Uquillas

Someone has changed their tune from 'South America >>>> Europe' all of a sudden. :D

well I don't really like much argentina or uruguay, people from those countries have their heads up their ......ses, paraguay while a fun underdog has slim chance against spain, brazil was the only one from the SA I was going to root for anyways, with them out, I think Holland deserves it, they have played the best futbol in this world cup and Sniejder has been awesome, the zidane from 4 years ago.

well I don't really like much argentina or uruguay, people from those countries have their heads up their ......ses, paraguay while a fun underdog has slim chance against spain, brazil was the only one from the SA I was going to root for anyways, with them out, I think Holland deserves it, they have played the best futbol in this world cup and Sniejder has been awesome, the zidane from 4 years ago.

Have they?

Spain easily a more deserving team in my eyes. And yes, I'm biased.

I hope it's a Spain v Netherlands final.

I don't want to burst your bubble, but spain has zero chance of beating either germany or argentina in the semis.

wow lets see, Spain 1 SF.

Holland has 2 Finals and 2 SF.

Yeah, I think Holland has a better track record.

So this Holland team is automatically better than the current Spain team? Or any other team in the competition?

what do previous tournaments have to do with anything? you don't "deserve" to win a world cup because you were close a couple of times.

No-one "deserves" to win it. You win it by beating everyone, not by your track record.

This Holland, has played ALOT better in this World Cup compared to spain.

That's not what I was arguing against at all. You were saying that Holland are more deserving than Spain because of their track record, which is a stupid point to make.

If we're going by track record, germany, argentina or Uruguay deserve it more.

Uquillas does seem very fickle. I know I've switched allegiances but as could probably be seen in the German football thread in FF I've grown fond of Germany recently and have a soft spot for Netherlands too.

Well... honestly, we should have won the world cup 2 times before. In 1978 and 1974 especially. But we choked in the finals and had a lot of bad luck. In that sense it should be right for us to win it this time.

But, strictly looking at this WC we of course don't deserve it yet. Germany and Spain played better than us so far. We play boring football but are deadly effective.

The funny thing is though... we're in the semi's and we haven't even played well yet. If we manage to play our top-game the next matches we might just take the title home and nobody would complain.

Just a above par game in the SF and then a brilliant game in the final to bring the cup to Holland and nobody would complain, as they all remember the brilliant Final and forget how we got there.

C'mon the Neverlands :D

It was a great second half performance from Holland to beat Brazil, but the rest of the games have been easy for them and they haven't played brilliantly. For me, Argentina have played the best football so far, but the tournament is wide open, anyone can win it.

As a neutral I just hope there are some more exciting games to come, with a few more penalty shoot-outs.

It was a great second half performance from Holland to beat Brazil, but the rest of the games have been easy for them and they haven't played brilliantly. For me, Argentina have played the best football so far, but the tournament is wide open, anyone can win it.

As a neutral I just hope there are some more exciting games to come, with a few more penalty shoot-outs.

I'd like to retract my previous statement, and say that Germany have played best so far! Destroyed England and Argentina, surely they deserve to win the cup now?

I'd like to retract my previous statement, and say that Germany have played best so far! Destroyed England and Argentina, surely they deserve to win the cup now?

In general, I agree, but if they lose to Spain, they don't deserve it. Hey, that's football :)

Must be two, as Uruguay won the very first edition of the WC + in 1950 and Germany won it in 1990/1974 and 1954 while it is the first time for Spain to reach the SF and Holland played to finals (74/78) but lost both (to Germany and Argentina).

So only spain and holland can become a new champion

In general, I agree, but if they lose to Spain, they don't deserve it. Hey, that's football :)

Of course I'll be cheering on Spain in that match, and if they score more than Germany then they deserve it.

Archived