FM10 Demo - quirky features you've discovered

Apologies if this has been started before but I thought it'd make interesting reading to compile a thread of the little additions you've come across in the demo. I've literally just gone into the game but already love the tactics creator and find the backroom advice could prove very useful. However I'd like to hear of the more obscure features discovered so far...

So over to you guys :thup:

I like the crowd on 3D, love it when the home team scores 3/4 of the stadium jump up and down, and when the away team does just a small section cheers.

Didn't think when it was announced I would love the touchline shouts so much either, also loving the quick substitution.

Really can't wait until the 30th as the data editor is the big thing I am looking forward to.

I LOVE THE TACTICS CREATOR!

and i quite like the fact your assistant manager points out flaws in a players game and you can encourage the player to cut it out his game. say goodbye to steven mcmanus' wasteful long range passes.

Do we know if they're going to make up bios for the newgens or will they end up all being blank ?

That would be utterly brilliant if its possible. I would hazard a guess that its unlikely though, it'd require a fair bit of work for something not that relevant.

Touchline instructions.

Now I can channel all my shouting at the screen into something that's actually useful. :D

Still looking for the "Do not cross when there's nobody inside the box" instruction, though. I've never seen a real team behave that way. Even Celtic players only cross when our hobbit striker is in the area.

The crowds! Seeing a full stadium for the community shield was fantastic, even better when someone scored and seeing thousands jump up and down. Will really look forward to the big games even more now with the prospect of seeing a big crowd for my non league team :)

I like the crowd on 3D, love it when the home team scores 3/4 of the stadium jump up and down, and when the away team does just a small section cheers.

Didn't think when it was announced I would love the touchline shouts so much either, also loving the quick substitution.

Really can't wait until the 30th as the data editor is the big thing I am looking forward to.

Just like! Exactly the features i love!!!

I liked the fact that during the halftime team talk, when you want to change a player's role it brings up his attributes. Great for seeing if your box-to-box midfielder really can be counted on to play, say, an advanced playmaking role.

I liked the fact that during the halftime team talk, when you want to change a player's role it brings up his attributes. Great for seeing if your box-to-box midfielder really can be counted on to play, say, an advanced playmaking role.

Yes, I second that. Oh, and the wibbly nets when you score. Oh, and the much improved manager homepage. Oh, and the more realistic match engine. Oh, and the more proactive backroom staff.

Actually just about everything has gone up a level or two from FM09.

Oh, and the fact we don't need to activate online when the full game comes out.

Oh, and another favourite - on the match analysis screen if you click on a player's circle on the pitch it shows you the highlight of the pass/shot/cross etc.

does it really? Wow, i must have missed that one, but will be sure to have a look tonight!

I'm impressed that they've added some new player moves. I just had RVP give a backheel to Eduardo for a goal. Nice!

Seeing subs warming up doing stretches and excercises in the 3D engine, and the tactics creator coming up with the exact team/individual instructions I wanted after creating a custom 4-1-4-1 system. Love the new player roles and touchline shouts, arrange friendly options.

• SI Staff
Do we know if they're going to make up bios for the newgens or will they end up all being blank ?

You didn't think we went through every player in the db and wrote a new one for each did you? :)

Once a player reaches a certain age, a bio will be created, regardless of whether he's a newgen or not. It obviously also updates as his career progresses.

signing of players and the media involvement is now top notch

tactics creator is very fast and not annoying

new 3d engine is superb

i'm looking more forward to adding the next 3 tiers though when the editor comes with the full game :)

that would take a hell of a lot of time...wouldnt it

The battery icon in the bottom of the screen isnt new either its on fm2009

Fairly sure it's new... At least I never saw it and I spent many MANY hours playing.

I also like the note you get when you join a new club advising you that old backroom staff will accept contract terminations so you can bring in your own team.

Fairly sure it's new... At least I never saw it and I spent many MANY hours playing.

The battery icon was on Football Manager 2009, too, however it was towards the top right of the screen during matches being played using the TV view.

k40mb.jpg

The battery icon was on Football Manager 2009, too, however it was towards the top right of the screen during matches being played using the TV view.

k40mb.jpg

See I never used the TV view. Still, it's nice to have on the screen all the time.

The 'Do not show this again' tickbox when you have to confirm/cancel offers etc. Thank you very much SI, the less clicks the better. Same goes for the 'Last Negotiation' button when you've received multiple offers for a player :thup:

yeah I like this too. :thup:

When setting the player's role his attributes are shown and the ones essential for that position are highlighted, making it a useful feature.

The crowd is quite good, but I find it somehow weird that all the spectators are on the same side of the pitch for games with low attendances.

Backroom advice, touchline instructions and the new tactics are fantastic, far better than I expected.

Staff touting themselves for work in the news is good, as is the analysis.

However, any reason you chose not to make the fans wear the teams colours? Seeing as you made the difference between home and away fans when people score, it doesn't seem like it would be overly to do what FIFA and Pro Evo do and make the fans wear plain shirts with the various club colours on.

Definitely one of the best new features.

Archived